Post by Lex Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:02 pm

Mr Obvious arrives

Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

leave arsenal alone - Page 5 Empty Re: leave arsenal alone

Post by Zealous Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:07 pm

His post would have been hilarious if he said all that but instead said "better than expected" at the end.

If you want to talk smack do it right.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:15 pm

It's all well and good when it's "Torres hadn't scored in 6457995431 minutes, but you all sing a different tune when the shoes on the other foot aren't ya
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:17 pm

Who's said anything about Torres?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:30 pm

The Torres bashing was purely directed at Torres though. No one said anything about Chelsea during that whole thing.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:36 pm

10 years ago we suffered a similar thing against Man Utd and lost 6-1. The same team went on to become the Invincibles.
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by DV7 Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:03 am

Jamin wrote:10 years ago we suffered a similar thing against Man Utd and lost 6-1. The same team went on to become the Invincibles.

So, now this Arsenal lost 8-2 to United, now they might go on to win a trophy? Very Happy
DV7
DV7
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by HscouserZ Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:17 am

Jamin wrote:10 years ago we suffered a similar thing against Man Utd and lost 6-1. The same team went on to become the Invincibles.

thats for sure, guys its still early a couple of wins and arsenal can get they're season going ..
HscouserZ
HscouserZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:55 am

Leave them kids alone Razz
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:55 am

Leave them kids alone Razz
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:03 am

Its minus three points.

The scoreline made history but with 35 games left, no reason to act like you guys have been using 'roofies'...

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by paddy Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:06 am

Here's how I see it: Arsenal are done, finished, gone. For a number of seasons Wenger had the chance to turn his team of contenders into winners, they were always two or three signings away from greatness, but guess what, the signings never came. Without the signings, the trophies didn't arrive either. Without trophies, and no sign of ambition from the manager, it was no surprise that many began seeking greener pastures. Hell, in two weeks with Barcelona Fabregas has won more than he did in eight years with Arsenal, that pretty much sums it up. The aim of the club seems to be profit rather than success. You cannot expect top class players to put up with that. Of course they're going to want to leave. Anyway, here we are in 2011. The stars are gone, the squad is thinner than ever, and the perennial injury crisis is on. It's time for the excuses to stop, I am absolutely sick of hearing people go on about the injuries at Arsenal, for whatever reason players at the club seem to be made of glass, so why won't Wenger plan for these inevitable injuries? He literally threw away league titles because of his stubbornness and refusal to spend. Right now it's gone beyond the point of recovery. Too many players have left and year by year the quality of the squad has declined. This team won't challenge for any honours this season. Frankly I don't see them making the top 4. It really sickens me to see this because were it not for one man's stubbornness, Arsenal could be the Champions of England right now. Getting rid of Wenger now won't solve anything either, it's too late. This team is very much in transition now. Expect the barren spell to continue.

paddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:13 am

@paddy

There is LOADS of cash to spend on right players.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:18 am

I should have known a loss like this would bring paddy out of hiding.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:18 am

Only Arsenal of the five highest profile Premier League clubs would comfortably meet the requirements of FFP based on recently published financial results. Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City would all fail

I shall reiterate, i simply cannot wait to see where all these clubs will be once this science project of Platini's kicks in fully

Everyone wants to talk about breaking the bank and abolishing the wage cap and chucking money at everyone in sight, we'll see how that works out when running the clubs finances and maintaining sensible wage balances becomes a requirement instead of a niché philosophy

Last edited by Lex on Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:21 am

TBH

This FFP will never work. Its like asking billionaires to stop buying Ferraris because poor people cannot afford it.

We live in a free world as long as everything is within balance.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:24 am

Well Platini has two choices; either enforce his new rule and punish those that don't comply with the FFP law or end up looking like an even bigger jackass when teams simply ignore it yet go unpunished
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:24 am

Lex wrote:Only Arsenal of the five highest profile Premier League clubs would comfortably meet the requirements of FFP based on recently published financial results. Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City would all fail

I shall reiterate, i simply cannot to see where all these clubs will be once this science project of Platini's kicks in fully

Everyone wants to talk about breaking the bank and abolishing the wage cap and chucking money at everyone in sight, we'll see how that works out when running the clubs finances and maintaining sensible wage balances becomes a requirement instead of a niché philosophy

Platini is a pussy, and the fair play crap will never NEVER come into play. I mean... even if it does, there are always going to be loopholes. The rich teams will have Gazillion bucks for the shirt sponsorship deal- which insidently will be owned by the club owners cousin :coffee:
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by paddy Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:28 am

highburied wrote:@paddy

Same story every year mate. It won't be spent. There are three days left in the transfer window, if there were any serious plans then surely to God these mystical signings would have arrived before now. I honestly don't know what to make of Wenger, the man sees a different world to the rest of us. Why spent 15m on Oxlede Chamberlain, a 17 year old who will have zero impact on first team affairs anytime in the foreseeable future and completely ignore the long-standing problems at centre back and defensive midfield? As you well know I gave up on him a long time ago, as great as he has been for the English game, the man is *bleep* delusional

the_gooner wrote:I should have known a loss like this would bring paddy out of hiding.

Hey Goon Very Happy

paddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:28 am

City make me sick to my stomach

Turning football into Mansour's extended family BBQ party
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:31 am

Lex wrote:City make me sick to my stomach

To be fair man , its not their fault that they want a wc team and are agressive enough to get what we want....Arsenal need to stop being the fuckkin nice guy, and flex the muscle...

I cant playa hate on Man City .... Its sad because its really upto our board to do something about this.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by paddy Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:32 am

Lex wrote:City make me sick to my stomach

As much as we may resent it, Manchester City are the future of football. Their starting eleven is impeccable. Their bench is as strong as you can get anywhere. They have a very clear direction and the obviously the financial backing is there. Within the next few years they will win multiple league titles and more than likely will win the Champions League too

paddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:33 am

I'm sure there are a number of us who dislike City for what they do. However, here they are, proving money buys success.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:09 am

paddy wrote:

Same story every year mate. It won't be spent. There are three days left in the transfer window, if there were any serious plans then surely to God these mystical signings would have arrived before now. I honestly don't know what to make of Wenger, the man sees a different world to the rest of us. Why spent 15m on Oxlede Chamberlain, a 17 year old who will have zero impact on first team affairs anytime in the foreseeable future and completely ignore the long-standing problems at centre back and defensive midfield? As you well know I gave up on him a long time ago, as great as he has been for the English game, the man is *bleep* delusional

Let me join your bandwagon for a minute:

1. Starting from above. There is war between American and Russian with two different approaches. Guess who suffers? Arsenal fans.
We dont know what the hell the board is doing. We dont know if there is a plan for long term or they just made this club a money machine. There is no transparency at all.

2. Wenger for taking the blame for everything. Players dont perform well, he makes excuses. Arsenal dont sign players, he makes excuses. Stars leaving the club, he makes excuses. I wonder why the hell he does this? I think he is a victim of his own legacy.

3. Delusional fans who still think we are in a good shape.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:18 am

highburied wrote:
paddy wrote:

Let me join your bandwagon for a minute:

1. Starting from above. There is war between American and Russian with two different approaches. Guess who suffers? Arsenal fans.
We dont know what the hell the board is doing. We dont know if there is a plan for long term or they just made this club a money machine. There is no transparency at all.

2. Wenger for taking the blame for everything. Players dont perform well, he makes excuses. Arsenal dont sign players, he makes excuses. Stars leaving the club, he makes excuses. I wonder why the hell he does this? I think he is a victim of his own legacy.

3. Delusional fans who still think we are in a good shape.

Surprised

On September 1st we must have at least 3 new players, no *bleep* unknown players, we need 2 big name players.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:33 am

Carling cup win and 4th spotis a realistic goal i think
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team