Raptorgunner
Albiceleste
Mr Nick09
30 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Arteta is a gunner Empty Arteta is a gunner

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:31 pm

Merte, Andre Santos, Benayoun, and Arteta are Wenger response to Arsenal fans.

He signed a 4 year deal.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Arteta is a gunner Empty Re: Arteta is a gunner

Post by Albiceleste Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:43 pm

No big signing, underwhelming from Wenger.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:44 pm

They are all over 26 yo
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:44 pm

this is a good signing for arsenal over andre santos or mercesacker,

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:47 pm

I've always liked Arteta, he's the player most similar to Fabregas in the EPL, imo. He'll fit right into the hole Cesc left.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:55 pm

Trust me this is the best we can do in the time we had. I am happy about our signings.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Arteta is a gunner Empty God Bless Arsenal FC!!

Post by Arquitecto Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:09 pm

I'm sure some posters remember my thread in old forum regarding Mikel Arteta and how I complained and moaned about how he has wasted half of his career in a dead end club like Everton. Many poster's response was how he chose to stay at the blue half of Merseyside while I continued to hope how a top club will finally pick him up to show his true brilliance to the world. I knew Liverpool wouldn't since there hasn't been a transfer between them since like... never(?), Chelsea aren't shrewd enough to buy someone like him, United had a different player in mind while Arsenal where to busy worrying about Fabregas.

Finally, the man from San Sebastian has made the choice to step it up in his career to be a gunner as happy as I am for gooners, I'm more happy for Mikel as I hoped he would step it up to a big club since he clearly has been a big fish in a small pond. Its to sad injuries had to hinder his progress and take away from much of his time but my personal guarantee is that he WILL be a definitive success at Arsenal.

I Ramsey taking an understudy role with Arteta as Arron has the potential yet needs less exposure and more time to develop under an experienced and skilled maestro like Arteta.

Although Arteta isn't as good as Cesc or his childhood buddy Xabi Alonso, he is very very near as his defensive skills are impressive while his dribbling, close control and shot accuracy is better then both of the above. Did I mention his excellent crossing and killer final ball.

Arsenal have picked up just the player they need as don't let his lack of caps for Espana (think about the reason here) fool you or how the english media mentions Gareth fckin barry over him.
He may be 29 but do understand his reliance is on his technical abilities.

Just the signing Arsenal needs as hopefully this will prevent Arteta for being so overlooked in the footballing world.

Arteta is a gunner Mikel_Arteta_625454
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:09 pm

I really admire Arsenal's effort at the transfers window. it isn't easy to convince 4 players to sign for a team in just 3 days, especially when the team is not in a good situation.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:13 pm

... andre santos better than clichy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:14 pm

so what... all these signings.. along with the shock of losing 8-2 enough to wake arsenal up?

hm.. :coffee:
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:16 pm

Very good signing.

But, he has had injury issues the last 2 seasons and I hope he is completely over them.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:16 pm

The Madrid One wrote:so what... all these signings.. along with the shock of losing 8-2 enough to wake arsenal up?

hm.. :coffee:

atleast those signings will give arsenal fans some hope and delight, the fact that they made these signings in just few days.

arteta is a real coup, and he is a top notch player, im glad he signed for arsenal, is a good replacement for cesc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:20 pm

How does he does not have one Senior cap is beyond me. He's technically eligible to play for England.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:21 pm

He was a very good player pre-29. will be interesting if Arsenal will get him to perform like 2009 season, cuz he;s been gash for 1.5 seasons now since that injury. classy guy too, one of few bitters i LIKED.

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:17 am

good signing but i wont get to excited yet being 29 his best years are more than likely behind him but in saying that he is exactly what arsenal need, an older figurehead who is used to the rigours of the premier league.

i think he will have a very good influence on the squad
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:22 am

Are there any ugly Basque players?

I need to find myself a Basque girl and hook my future children up with some super-gene's
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:29 am

Arquitecto wrote:I'm sure some posters remember my thread in old forum regarding Mikel Arteta and how I complained and moaned about how he has wasted half of his career in a dead end club like Everton. Many poster's response was how he chose to stay at the blue half of Merseyside while I continued to hope how a top club will finally pick him up to show his true brilliance to the world. I knew Liverpool wouldn't since there hasn't been a transfer between them since like... never(?), Chelsea aren't shrewd enough to buy someone like him, United had a different player in mind while Arsenal where to busy worrying about Fabregas.

Finally, the man from San Sebastian has made the choice to step it up in his career to be a gunner as happy as I am for gooners, I'm more happy for Mikel as I hoped he would step it up to a big club since he clearly has been a big fish in a small pond. Its to sad injuries had to hinder his progress and take away from much of his time but my personal guarantee is that he WILL be a definitive success at Arsenal.

I Ramsey taking an understudy role with Arteta as Arron has the potential yet needs less exposure and more time to develop under an experienced and skilled maestro like Arteta.

Although Arteta isn't as good as Cesc or his childhood buddy Xabi Alonso, he is very very near as his defensive skills are impressive while his dribbling, close control and shot accuracy is better then both of the above. Did I mention his excellent crossing and killer final ball.

Arsenal have picked up just the player they need as don't let his lack of caps for Espana (think about the reason here) fool you or how the english media mentions Gareth fckin barry over him.
He may be 29 but do understand his reliance is on his technical abilities.

Just the signing Arsenal needs as hopefully this will prevent Arteta for being so overlooked in the footballing world.

Arteta is a gunner Mikel_Arteta_625454
Arteta is a gunner 00982873_clap_gif
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by c_bernard10 Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:36 am

great signing for arsenal... arteta is a top player

c_bernard10
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:04 am

top player and great signing for arsenal but he still doesnt make up for the gap Cesc and Nasri left imo
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:13 am

I personally would have paid a little more for Meireles. Arteta was brilliant a couple years ago, but I think Meireles is in prime form right now.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:15 am

I would have signed Meireles for a little more money. Arteta was spectacular a couple years ago but Meireles seems to be in top form right now.

If Arteta can get back to the form he was in 2-3 years ago it's a steal for 10 mill as age really isn't that big of a factor for Spanish midfielders as they rely on there technical ability and reading the game more then pure athletisism.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:18 am

Arteta will finally get the platform for him to get into the Spanish National team. Ive said it before, he is the closest thing to Cesc , and being 29, he will not hinder Ramseys growth. Constantly been putting up respectable numbers in that Everton team, expect it to go a notch higher with the arsenal.

To the guy above me, Mireles has only performed for half a season, Arteta has is PL proven for years
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:33 am

Arteta has been well below par for the last two years. Also you couldn't be more of a premface. Meireles has performed well for Porto before his "half a season" with Liverpool. Just because you didn't watch him play doesn't mean he didn't play well. He was a staple in Porto's midfield for there 3 league championships in a row and has been a staple in Portugal's national team for the last 3-4 years.

Just because you don't watch him doesn't mean he has only played good for a half of a season.

Also, LOL if you think Arteta ever smells the field for Spain. There is a zero % chance he plays one minute in Spain's midfeild, that is the hardest midfield in the world to crack and there are droves of players better then Arteta waiting to get in that lineup. That ship sailed a long time ago, you should hope he gets into the English team thats at least possible.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:35 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Arteta will finally get the platform for him to get into the Spanish National team. Ive said it before, he is the closest thing to Cesc , and being 29, he will not hinder Ramseys growth. Constantly been putting up respectable numbers in that Everton team, expect it to go a notch higher with the arsenal.

To the guy above me, Mireles has only performed for half a season, Arteta has is PL proven for years

Like Cesc got all that game time in Spanish NT? Very Happy

Very good signing imo in the time, a good player.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:38 am

Yea he's a great player , needs to regain form and keep himself out of the rehab room.Suprisingly decent patch job by wenger, It might be enough to get them into the champions leauge if something terrible happens to liverpool or man city
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next