Raptorgunner
Albiceleste
Mr Nick09
30 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Arteta is a gunner - Page 2 Empty Re: Arteta is a gunner

Post by Le Samourai Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:38 am

Yea he's a great player , needs to regain form and keep himself out of the rehab room.Suprisingly decent patch job by wenger, It might be enough to get them into the champions leauge if something terrible happens to liverpool or man city

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:42 am

dnmac4 wrote:I would have signed Meireles for a little more money. Arteta was spectacular a couple years ago but Meireles seems to be in top form right now.

If Arteta can get back to the form he was in 2-3 years ago it's a steal for 10 mill as age really isn't that big of a factor for Spanish midfielders as they rely on there technical ability and reading the game more then pure athletisism.

Meireles isn't a playmaker....which we needed...Arteta is
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:52 am

ragbirjosh wrote:Yea he's a great player , needs to regain form and keep himself out of the rehab room.Suprisingly decent patch job by wenger, It might be enough to get them into the champions leauge if something terrible happens to liverpool or man city

Yeah, if you compare their backline to the one they fielded against manu:

Jenkinson Djourou Koscielny Traore

to:

Sanga Per Vermaelen Santos

Would make a world of difference, and with some mids to reinforce up front.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:14 am

We can agree to disagree, but in his time at Liverpool most of the offense ran through him especially when Gerrard was/is injured and when he played with Suarez it was usually a two man game that produced there most creative goals/plays.

At Porto he did play futher back in midfield, but he is in the EPl now and him and Mata will play a great two man game.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:27 am

dnmac4 wrote:We can agree to disagree, but in his time at Liverpool most of the offense ran through him especially when Gerrard was/is injured and when he played with Suarez it was usually a two man game that produced there most creative goals/plays.

At Porto he did play futher back in midfield, but he is in the EPl now and him and Mata will play a great two man game.

Arsenal need someone who can dictate the tempo of the play . Mireles does not do that. He provides assists in the final 3rd. Arteta is the closet thing to Fabregas and will fit right in. The way how arsenal play , use their CAM is dif from Liverpool and Porto
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:28 am

way to be disrespectful

Was he noticeable pre Rangers? at Rangers?
Moyes and Everton took him to where he is, Everton were his level. Hes not an Arsenal player
Snobbery at its worst

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:33 am

dnmac4 wrote:We can agree to disagree, but in his time at Liverpool most of the offense ran through him especially when Gerrard was/is injured and when he played with Suarez it was usually a two man game that produced there most creative goals/plays.

He played as a left winger for us so its impossible for offensive play to go through him Laughing

Good player though disappointed we lost him but fair price i suppose.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:38 am

Everton fans wanted him to be dropped from the team for nearly a year due to his awful form since his injury and signing a new contract.Maybe he will get his form back with Wenger but to so his caree been ruined by knjury and been rescued now is laughable.

I very much doubt anyone here watched Everton last year still describing Arteta as if he was in the form he was 2 years ago
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:43 am

dnmac4 wrote:Arteta has been well below par for the last two years. Also you couldn't be more of a premface. Meireles has performed well for Porto before his "half a season" with Liverpool. Just because you didn't watch him play doesn't mean he didn't play well. He was a staple in Porto's midfield for there 3 league championships in a row and has been a staple in Portugal's national team for the last 3-4 years.

Just because you don't watch him doesn't mean he has only played good for a half of a season.

Also, LOL if you think Arteta ever smells the field for Spain. There is a zero % chance he plays one minute in Spain's midfeild, that is the hardest midfield in the world to crack and there are droves of players better then Arteta waiting to get in that lineup. That ship sailed a long time ago, you should hope he gets into the English team thats at least possible.

Your football knowledge is on par with you iq it seems. When did I say, that he did not play "well" before joining Liverpool. Ive gotten to read few of your posts, and they are nothing short of thoughtless gash replies. I am a premface for saying that Arteta is a better fit for arsenal because he suits our style of play?
Dont even bother responding back... Mireles was a staple in the porto team was he? all 187 games (5 seasons he has had 13 assists and 7 goals collecting 15 yellow cards. how the FUUK is he better? I know your kind, u decided to follow " soccer" after you watched the wc in espn didnt you?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:43 am

BeautifulGame wrote:

He played as a left winger for us so its impossible for offensive play to go through him Laughing

Good player though disappointed we lost him but fair price i suppose.

Again, I hate to argue with you since it's your team, but when Liverpool turned there season around it was Meireles who was the spark that created the offense. He was great last year and if the offense didn't go through him, I don't know who you could say it went through, definatly was not Lucas and Gerrard was hurt. He and Suarez basically did all of the creative work for them from the middle of the field on up.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:47 am

Suarez was the fulcrum of all our attacks last season.Merieles was very good along with Maxi who was excellent too for us but he played as a winger just like Maxi was on the other wing.Kuyt played as the striker and Suarez was allowed to room everywhere.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:56 am

How much did he cost?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:58 am

10 milli
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:09 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:Arteta has been well below par for the last two years. Also you couldn't be more of a premface. Meireles has performed well for Porto before his "half a season" with Liverpool. Just because you didn't watch him play doesn't mean he didn't play well. He was a staple in Porto's midfield for there 3 league championships in a row and has been a staple in Portugal's national team for the last 3-4 years.

Just because you don't watch him doesn't mean he has only played good for a half of a season.

Also, LOL if you think Arteta ever smells the field for Spain. There is a zero % chance he plays one minute in Spain's midfeild, that is the hardest midfield in the world to crack and there are droves of players better then Arteta waiting to get in that lineup. That ship sailed a long time ago, you should hope he gets into the English team thats at least possible.

Your football knowledge is on par with you iq it seems. When did I say, that he did not play "well" before joining Liverpool. Ive gotten to read few of your posts, and they are nothing short of thoughtless gash replies. I am a premface for saying that Arteta is a better fit for arsenal because he suits our style of play?
Dont even bother responding back... Mireles was a staple in the porto team was he? all 187 games (5 seasons he has had 13 assists and 7 goals collecting 15 yellow cards. how the FUUK is he better? I know your kind, u decided to follow " soccer" after you watched the wc in espn didnt you?

Your such an idiot, here is your quote: "To the guy above me, Mireles has only performed for half a season, Arteta has is PL proven for years"

That is where you said he's only performed for half a year. You are pretty much the worst poster on this sight, let me think of the jewels that have come out of your mouth in the last 2 or 3 days no less. It would take regular posters years to look as dumb as you have this week,

1) Holland is going to win the 2014 World Cup Hands down and they have better youth talent right now then Spain, Germany, Brazil and Argentina.
2) Arteta is the closest thing to Fabregas and his move to Arsenal will finally get him into the Spanish National team. Earth to you, Arteta will never play midfield in the Spanish national team, he is half the player as the worst midfielder on that team, and he is nowhere near Fabregas, in fact Fabregas is 10 times the player he is.
3) Using goal and assist stats to prove a midfielders worth, I guess Xavi sucks too huh?
4) Meireles was not an important part of Porto's championship teams, just pure ignorance. Thats probably why he was sold to Liverpool for 13 mill because he didn't do anything right?
5) I love this one because you have used it 3 or 4 different times, when getting crushed in an argument you pull the old "I know your kind, you just started being a fan." I wasn't the one to go onto what ever sight you did to pull Meireles' stats to prove what he was to Porto. I actually watched the games he played for them and his national team performances. You probably couldn't pick him out of a lineup before he got the the EPL you dumb premface.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:14 am

Meireles didn't cost us 13m, dnmac.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:14 am

Laughing

Last edited by Lionel Messi on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:29 am

Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:33 am

dnmac4 wrote:
Arsenalfaithfull wrote:

Your such an idiot, here is your quote: "To the guy above me, Mireles has only performed for half a season, Arteta has is PL proven for years"

That is where you said he's only performed for half a year. You are pretty much the worst poster on this sight, let me think of the jewels that have come out of your mouth in the last 2 or 3 days no less. It would take regular posters years to look as dumb as you have this week,

1) Holland is going to win the 2014 World Cup Hands down and they have better youth talent right now then Spain, Germany, Brazil and Argentina.
2) Arteta is the closest thing to Fabregas and his move to Arsenal will finally get him into the Spanish National team. Earth to you, Arteta will never play midfield in the Spanish national team, he is half the player as the worst midfielder on that team, and he is nowhere near Fabregas, in fact Fabregas is 10 times the player he is.
3) Using goal and assist stats to prove a midfielders worth, I guess Xavi sucks too huh?
4) Meireles was not an important part of Porto's championship teams, just pure ignorance. Thats probably why he was sold to Liverpool for 13 mill because he didn't do anything right?
5) I love this one because you have used it 3 or 4 different times, when getting crushed in an argument you pull the old "I know your kind, you just started being a fan." I wasn't the one to go onto what ever sight you did to pull Meireles' stats to prove what he was to Porto. I actually watched the games he played for them and his national team performances. You probably couldn't pick him out of a lineup before he got the the EPL you dumb premface.

I said Arteta is the closest thing to fabregas in the EPL they way how he dictates the team. I kept stressing the fact that Arteta suited our style of play more then Mireles. I didnt say Arteta was better than cesc.

Secondly, I didnt say Mireles would be sure to get into the spanish team once joining Arsenal. I said he would have more of an exposure to prove his worth. If you read my other posts you would know that one of the reason why i welcomed the fact that he joined us, was because he had not international obligations

I did not say Holland have better youth than the country you listed above. I merely stated that with the squad they have NOW and few other players that were going to be added They were well prepared to take the WC

the 13 million price tag is quite invalid seeing as the price tag of a player does not always reflect the quality of the player.

I dont watch porto enough, but i did watch him when we played against him and caught a glimpse of him ever now then when Portugal played, I still dont see your point.

You turrets having angry kid, Stop talking shit. Read the posts fully b4 assuming something. 80 percent of the shit you wrote down, you just randomly pulled out of your ass.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:42 am

No

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:19 am

dnmac4 wrote:
Arsenalfaithfull wrote:

You have no right to call someone the worst poster in this site , but that's pretty obvious when you cannot even spell site, it's disrespectful and just shows how mad you are and cannot control your anger. Grow up and stop being a moron.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:02 am

dnmac4 types like a donkey
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:38 pm

Poor man's Fabregas. Seriously!

They could have got someone better had they looked for a replacement earlier.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:57 pm

Nearly every midfielder is a poor mans Fabregas, tbf.

10 mil is a good price considering his recent injury history. He also won't hinder Ramsey's development, since he is a short term fix, and is a quality player, imo.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:58 pm

If Wenger has 30m offers for Godze and M'Vila turned down, you know he had to go the short term way with Arteta. Not that it's bad, but we all know Wenger always thinks long term and there's no stopping him from going after the youth players again.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:14 pm

Sushi Master wrote:If Wenger has 30m offers for Godze and M'Vila turned down, you know he had to go the short term way with Arteta. Not that it's bad, but we all know Wenger always thinks long term and there's no stopping him from going after the youth players again.
lol ,now ,you are germany, bayern and arsenal fan, hahahaha
I-no
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:52 pm

Stats to prove Raul wasnt good for Porto? Terrible.

He was very good for Porto for years, forget stats, watch the games.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next