Totti seeks to end row with Luis Enrique.

+3
Patrick Bateman
flameas
McLewis
7 posters

Go down

Totti seeks to end row with Luis Enrique. Empty Totti seeks to end row with Luis Enrique.

Post by McLewis Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:06 pm

From Football-Italia:

Francesco Totti has called for a united Roma after his relationship with the club was tested by pre-season controversy.

The player’s status in the capital has been placed into some doubt following the arrival of new owners in Rome.

There has been tension with directors Franco Baldini and Walter Sabatini, while it’s unclear how important the captain is to the plans of boss Luis Enrique.

However, the No 10 has released a statement on his personal website where he’s made it clear that his beloved Giallorossi must come first.

“A new championship starts on Sunday, a championship that begins later than in previous years,” he said.

“As always, I hope that the season ahead presents great satisfaction to our fans.

“Finally the squad will be complete after the return of the international players and we can begin to play football.

“We’ll have a lot of new players and all of us will have to rally around our new Coach, the team and the club to start the campaign in the best possible manner.

“All of us will do this together and with one objective which is Roma, of which I am their biggest fan.

“We’ll all be waiting for you [fans] at the stadium to support us as you always have and I’m sure that we’ll give you joy.

“Cagliari will be waiting for us and last season [Coach Massimo] Ficcadenti caused us difficulties with Cesena. Therefore, we’ll have to be focused and united for Roma.”

Totti is being tipped to start against Cagliari at the weekend, but it remains to be seen how he will be used.

It’s being claimed that he spoke to Sabatini earlier this week to express his concern about how far away from the opposition goal he is being asked to play.

-----------------------------------------

That's what we needed to hear from the captain. I truly hope this puts this whole thing to bed now.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Totti seeks to end row with Luis Enrique. Empty Re: Totti seeks to end row with Luis Enrique.

Post by flameas Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:21 pm

Im concerned too if Totti plays too far away from goal
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Totti seeks to end row with Luis Enrique. Empty Re: Totti seeks to end row with Luis Enrique.

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:03 pm

Great news hopefully thats the last of it...

Totti will most likely play in the hole behind the 2 strikers...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by romanista4life Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:04 am

Hopefully this will finally shut the media up about the whole situation Rolling Eyes
romanista4life
romanista4life
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:57 am

romanista4life wrote:Hopefully this will finally shut the media up about the whole situation Rolling Eyes

Two new Romanista's? From Canada? Where you from? We got another Canadian, his name is Mike(ErPurpone). Finally happy to see these Roma section growing
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:20 pm

Totti will talk more about the situation once he sees Baldini in person, but this was a nice gesture from him, taking the first step forward. Gazzetta Dello Sport quote Totti saying "I like Luis Enrique, I've said it before. My only concern is that he makes me play a little far from goal".

Either way, Totti made the first step forward in this controversy with Enrique, even though he did absolutely nothing wrong, thus putting the club ahead of everything else. And there are some who say that Totti is a bad example off the pitch...
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:13 pm

I share the concerns about playing him so far from the goal. we'll see what happens on the weekend but at this stage in Tottis career Im not sure trequartista is the best place for him, not only because of his legs but because we could use his goalscoring and we have Pjanic whos a stud in the AM position.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down