Soul
Ganso
El Chelsea Fuerte
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

We're f***ed Empty We're f***ed

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:20 pm

First defeat of the season underway on Sunday sadly. Can't see our slowish selves being able to stop a super vibrant, young Man Utd squad. Our only answers to them are Sturridge and Mata. We're becoming something of a two man team; without them it's all last season again. Sure Man Utd don't have WC wing backs but Fergie would make sure they are ineffective and with that goes our chance of creating any decent chances.

Bosingwa still hasn't been tested defensively despite his good start to the season. He was even at fault at Sunderland's goal. Honestly can't see how he can stop Young/Valencia/Nani. Also Young raped Cole the last time we played so now he'll have to be fully focused on him and that will mean no width from the wing backs.

Our midfield...lets not even talk about it.

Anything less than a 2 goal defeat and I'll be happy.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

We're f***ed Empty Re: We're f***ed

Post by Ganso Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:24 pm

We're f***ed Luizchicharito
We're f***ed David-Luiz-Rooney-300x193
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:27 pm

Ganso wrote:We're f***ed Luizchicharito
We're f***ed David-Luiz-Rooney-300x193

Still a bit rusty defensively.
Expect him to be WC at most by the end of the season though. banana

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:13 pm

Yep.. and AVB is going to lose his first match with us.. to them of all team..

But this is football, who knows? We could create an upset Very Happy
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:24 pm

Um way to be negative? I'll admit playing at home with their current form isn't easy but I don't the thread title indicates our current situation, we are slowly looking better in each match we play imo.

They are still untested by a team of any real quality(doubt benfica will change that) and the only team we've both played is WBA who they shakily beat winning on a classic own goal.

Positives for me are that they have conceded, I think while this new lineup is more attacking they sacrifice the solidity that they had last year in defence. Also De Gea, we all know he hasn't been amazing, so hopefully hard hitters like Sturridge can test him out.

I'm interested in seeing the team that they play seeing as they have a few injured and Fergie isn't dumb, he knows that we have quality and will seriously contest so why write us off completely Neutral

Also I don't see how boosting already inflated manu fan's egos is helping us? If they win then they win, being at their home they would expect nothing less than a win.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:38 pm

lszanto wrote:Um way to be negative? I'll admit playing at home with their current form isn't easy but I don't the thread title indicates our current situation, we are slowly looking better in each match we play imo.

They are still untested by a team of any real quality(doubt benfica will change that) and the only team we've both played is WBA who they shakily beat winning on a classic own goal.

Positives for me are that they have conceded, I think while this new lineup is more attacking they sacrifice the solidity that they had last year in defence. Also De Gea, we all know he hasn't been amazing, so hopefully hard hitters like Sturridge can test him out.

I'm interested in seeing the team that they play seeing as they have a few injured and Fergie isn't dumb, he knows that we have quality and will seriously contest so why write us off completely Neutral

Also I don't see how boosting already inflated manu fan's egos is helping us? If they win then they win, being at their home they would expect nothing less than a win.

Could agree more, we are no way out of it, we beat united at OT before and we can do it again.

I would love to see:
Cech
Bosingwa - Luiz - Terry - Cole
meireles
Ramires - Lampard
Sturridge - Torres - Mata

meireles needs to sit closely on Rooney and when he can, playmake from deep.

Ramires can cover bosingwa, who adds with, allowing sturridge to cut in.

Lamoard IMO, has been improving and deserves to start, also he should be told to be ready to cover Cole.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:40 pm

lszanto wrote:Um way to be negative? I'll admit playing at home with their current form isn't easy but I don't the thread title indicates our current situation, we are slowly looking better in each match we play imo.

Every match we hear we are "improving". Unfortunately now that time improvement time is up and we aren't a team good enough to beat them.

lszanto wrote:They are still untested by a team of any real quality(doubt benfica will change that) and the only team we've both played is WBA who they shakily beat winning on a classic own goal.

Mate just admit it, that's just clutching to straws. We know their quality and they beat Man City despite being 2 goals down and despite facing multi-million pound superstars.

lszanto wrote:Positives for me are that they have conceded, I think while this new lineup is more attacking they sacrifice the solidity that they had last year in defence. Also De Gea, we all know he hasn't been amazing, so hopefully hard hitters like Sturridge can test him out.

Yes, De Gae has looked shaky. But many times it's when he has to deal with long balls towards the box, and unless Bosingwa or Cole can put some in there (which I doubt seeing they will be occupied) I doubt he'll have much trouble facing routine shots.

lszanto wrote:I'm interested in seeing the team that they play seeing as they have a few injured and Fergie isn't dumb, he knows that we have quality and will seriously contest so why write us off completely Neutral

I expect a few old lads to be in it, for experience. Either way one or two injuries here and there won't affect them much.

lszanto wrote:Also I don't see how boosting already inflated manu fan's egos is helping us? If they win then they win, being at their home they would expect nothing less than a win.

Who cares about their egos. I'm just being practical. They rightfully would expect a win with a clearly superior squad.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:44 pm

kick mars wrote:

Could agree more, we are no way out of it, we beat united at OT before and we can do it again.

I would love to see:
Cech
Bosingwa - Luiz - Terry - Cole
meireles
Ramires - Lampard
Sturridge - Torres - Mata

meireles needs to sit closely on Rooney and when he can, playmake from deep.

Ramires can cover bosingwa, who adds with, allowing sturridge to cut in.

Lamoard IMO, has been improving and deserves to start, also he should be told to be ready to cover Cole.

Playing Meireles at the anchor role would be suicidal. He can't really defend, and making him play in that position forces our other two midfielders to drop deep to protect him. That would force Torres to go deep and then we all know what will happen. We should stick with Mikel so that the other two midfielders have more freedom to go forward. Meireles should only be used in that position against teams that would provide little to no goal threat, like Sunderland.

Last edited by english_jewel on Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:46 pm

Meireles can't tackle, however he can defend, who said anything about tackling Rooney?

Just put him under pressure and shake him up a bit. Meireles can do that. Lampard and Ramires will have to drop back even if we play Mikel.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:49 pm

kick mars wrote:Meireles can't tackle, however he can defend, who said anything about tackling Rooney?

Just put him under pressure and shake him up a bit. Meireles can do that. Lampard and Ramires will have to drop back even if we play Mikel.

Lampard and Ramires do not have to drop as deep or as frequent to protect Mikel, unlike with Meireles. And that's because Mikel is good at reading the game and he can tackle and break up play, something which Meireles isn't an expert at. Holding role is only for Mikel, no questions ask.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RuthlesGangstaDef:villin Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:00 pm

english_jewel wrote:
kick mars wrote:Meireles can't tackle, however he can defend, who said anything about tackling Rooney?

Lampard and Ramires do not have to drop as deep or as frequent to protect Mikel, unlike with Meireles. And that's because Mikel is good at reading the game and he can tackle and break up play, something which Meireles isn't an expert at. Holding role is only for Mikel, no questions ask.

x2 Mikel is our only hope against rooney
RuthlesGangstaDef:villin
RuthlesGangstaDef:villin
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:06 pm

If Mikel plays he will have to have his eye on rooney the whole game, he can't do what he did last season.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:08 pm

kick mars wrote:If Mikel plays he will have to have his eye on rooney the whole game, he can't do what he did last season.

Well, he's the best we got.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:58 am

Jesus.

We're a million times better side than anything this United side have faced so far this season. They're favourites of course but I still fancy our chances against them.

Rooney and Hernandez will be a big problem though.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:34 am

Mikel will get RAPED by Rooney, is Mikel really gonna track back when Rooney does those bursts into the box? Hell even if he does try track back he'll never catch him.

We need Ramires pace to slow him down IMO, if we had Essien it would be a different picture. I'm really unsure about Lampard right now, although we all know he has the ability to hit one and trouble De Gea.

I wouldn't mind seeing Lamp - Raul - Ram

or Malouda - Raul - Ram

The 3 left footers from last night I think has really good potential

I really think Mikel will struggle with the movement of Man Utd, we really need to play with a high energy to take down Man U IMO, press them get in their faces.

They are favourites without a doubt, but we have chances to win if Nando turns good I'll cry with joy but I think I say that about every big game he's played in lol.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:31 am

I am not sure how everyone is suggesting a midfield of Meireles Rameires and Lampard against United.None of them are great at sitting deep and breaking attacks or tracking back United wingers and protecting wingers.

That lineup would be suicidal and will result in like Spurs game when they tried that.Chelsea should simply play Mikel imo or if he is in poor form then atleast try someone like Luiz at DM.Meireles cant tackle to play there.

I dont think United are as good as OP describing for Chelsea to be hoping for a 2 goal defeat.If United can be hurt at midfield where they are average (Anderson and Carrick) and their inexperienced back line Chelsea have a good chance of winning imo.

This match is probably the true indication of how good both teams are IMO.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:48 am

I'm sure Luiz could be a surprise DM/3rd CB and it would be pretty interesting to see, as far as I'm concerned I really don't want a static midfield the only reason why I want Raul to play aside from the passing range he has is the fact that hes much more mobile then Frank or Mikel and I believe we need a very mobile and energetic midfield to face them.

It will be close if we don't give away a cheap goal straight away like last year :brickwall:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:06 am

We've been playing great, but you're easily going to be our toughest opponents. It will be an interesting match indeed.

BeautifulGame wrote:I am not sure how everyone is suggesting a midfield of Meireles Rameires and Lampard against United.None of them are great at sitting deep and breaking attacks or tracking back United wingers and protecting wingers.

That lineup would be suicidal and will result in like Spurs game when they tried that.Chelsea should simply play Mikel imo or if he is in poor form then atleast try someone like Luiz at DM.Meireles cant tackle to play there.

I dont think United are as good as OP describing for Chelsea to be hoping for a 2 goal defeat.If United can be hurt at midfield where they are average (Anderson and Carrick) and their inexperienced back line Chelsea have a good chance of winning imo.

This match is probably the true indication of how good both teams are IMO.

Anderson has been in red hot form, and Carrick played well against Chelsea last season.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:28 am

^^^ don't mind Beautifulgame, he still thinks that despite our red hot form.

"avareage" pfft? Our midfield of Anderson and Cleverley have bossed every single game they have played in so far. I don't know what games BG has been watching. Rolling Eyes
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:04 pm

I still dont think Chelsea are playing with the best formation for their available players. You guys should play with a 424 (very attacking, possession-style 442), similar to Juve, like this:

Cech
Bosingwa Alex Terry Cole
Lampard Meireles
Sturridge Drogba Torres Mata

You could also move Sturridge to the center, and put Malouda or Anelka on the outside, or put Anelka in Drogba or Torres spot. Or, if you want to be a bit more defensive, you could switch to a 4231, move Lampard into the CAM position, put Ramires next to Meireles, and take out Drogba or Torres.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:34 pm

Cleverly has been injured and unavailable unless i am mistaken.So more likely to be Carrick to play unless since Fletcher might be lacking match fitness.

Yes Anderson has been in good form but 2 good games dont make a player from average to world class even if United fans want to believe that.Spurs played without a DM , Arsenal had one debuting and 3rd choice and Bolton had their best DM injured.So not exactly tested is he? He is ye to be properly put under pressure in midfield yet.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:04 pm

Its not only this season though, Anderson has been playing really good from the 2nd part of last season.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:28 pm

You wanna see f***ed? Check up Inter....
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:31 pm

Ade wrote:Mikel will get RAPED by Rooney, is Mikel really gonna track back when Rooney does those bursts into the box? Hell even if he does try track back he'll never catch him.

We need Ramires pace to slow him down IMO, if we had Essien it would be a different picture. I'm really unsure about Lampard right now, although we all know he has the ability to hit one and trouble De Gea.

I wouldn't mind seeing Lamp - Raul - Ram

or Malouda - Raul - Ram

The 3 left footers from last night I think has really good potential

I really think Mikel will struggle with the movement of Man Utd, we really need to play with a high energy to take down Man U IMO, press them get in their faces.

They are favourites without a doubt, but we have chances to win if Nando turns good I'll cry with joy but I think I say that about every big game he's played in lol.

No offense but I wish people would stop being deluded by Meireles's wonder debut against Sunderland at the anchor role. All of a sudden we have people saying that he's a better option than Mikel in that position. That's completely knee jerk.

Meireles wasn't even tested defensively against Sunderland because they were so bad at attacking. He put through some nice forward passes but at that role more emphasize is on defending, tackling, and breaking play rather than creating. If you don't want to concede 8 goals at least. Mikel is proven at that position. He has demonstrated that he has defensive qualities good enough for that position. If you're saying that Rooney raped Mikel last time, then you can expect an utter annihilation of Meireles at that position. How do you expect Meireles to stop Rooney more so than Mikel??

What I won't mind is a Raul-Mikel-Lampard (no chance Lampard will be dropped) midfield, but that would mean missing Ramires's forward runs and that's up to Villas-Boas to decide whether that's a good decision or not.

BeautifulGame wrote:I am not sure how everyone is suggesting a midfield of Meireles Rameires and Lampard against United.None of them are great at sitting deep and breaking attacks or tracking back United wingers and protecting wingers.

Thank you. That's what I'm saying. In fact not only would Meireles get annihilated, the whole midfield will have to drop back too often to protect him that we won't even be able to get the ball forward. With Mikel the midfield can go forward more because Mikel is very good at that position.

juventus101 wrote:I still dont think Chelsea are playing with the best formation for their available players. You guys should play with a 424 (very attacking, possession-style 442), similar to Juve, like this:

Cech
Bosingwa Alex Terry Cole
Lampard Meireles
Sturridge Drogba Torres Mata

You could also move Sturridge to the center, and put Malouda or Anelka on the outside, or put Anelka in Drogba or Torres spot. Or, if you want to be a bit more defensive, you could switch to a 4231, move Lampard into the CAM position, put Ramires next to Meireles, and take out Drogba or Torres.

We need Mikel. Can't believe how much people are under-rating him here (but you're forgiven since you're an outsider Very Happy). No one from our squad can break up play and block the space in the hole behind the strikers as good as he can.

BTW as sexy as that looks that formation would just not work. Drogba and Torres cannot play together.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold_e Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:25 pm

I personally think we should go 4-2-3-1 with:

----------Cech
Ivanovic-Luiz-Terry-Cole
---Ramires---Meireles
Sturridge-Lampard-Mata
-------Torres

Mikel is always very solid defensively, but I can't pinpoint even one attack he's started with vision or passing, he keeps position well, but his movement and attacking instinct aren't up to par with Villas-Boas philosophy. Bosingwa has been in great form, but I think Ivanovic has been defending great and, Bosingwa was directly at fault for Man U's first goal against us in the quarterfinals last year. Luiz can offer some attacking and creativity through the middle, and ramires and meireles will both be able to track back and cover defensively. Lampard may not link up well with Torres, but he's good at getting the ball out wide and can get the ball to Sturridge and Mata in dangerous positions. Torres has looked most dangerous when he drops deep and starts making his runs from closer to midfield (see: Mata assist yesterday against Leverkusen) If Lampard plays deeper and lets Torres make those runs he can link up well with Mata and Sturridge, and I think we can give a good account of ourselves. Though, to be honest, I'd be very content with a point.
Gold_e
Gold_e
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: