We're f***ed - Page 2 Empty Re: We're f***ed

Post by Gold_e Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:25 pm

I personally think we should go 4-2-3-1 with:

----------Cech
Ivanovic-Luiz-Terry-Cole
---Ramires---Meireles
Sturridge-Lampard-Mata
-------Torres

Mikel is always very solid defensively, but I can't pinpoint even one attack he's started with vision or passing, he keeps position well, but his movement and attacking instinct aren't up to par with Villas-Boas philosophy. Bosingwa has been in great form, but I think Ivanovic has been defending great and, Bosingwa was directly at fault for Man U's first goal against us in the quarterfinals last year. Luiz can offer some attacking and creativity through the middle, and ramires and meireles will both be able to track back and cover defensively. Lampard may not link up well with Torres, but he's good at getting the ball out wide and can get the ball to Sturridge and Mata in dangerous positions. Torres has looked most dangerous when he drops deep and starts making his runs from closer to midfield (see: Mata assist yesterday against Leverkusen) If Lampard plays deeper and lets Torres make those runs he can link up well with Mata and Sturridge, and I think we can give a good account of ourselves. Though, to be honest, I'd be very content with a point.

Gold_e
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:49 pm

english_jewel wrote:

No offense but I wish people would stop being deluded by Meireles's wonder debut against Sunderland at the anchor role. All of a sudden we have people saying that he's a better option than Mikel in that position. That's completely knee jerk.

Meireles wasn't even tested defensively against Sunderland because they were so bad at attacking. He put through some nice forward passes but at that role more emphasize is on defending, tackling, and breaking play rather than creating. If you don't want to concede 8 goals at least. Mikel is proven at that position. He has demonstrated that he has defensive qualities good enough for that position. If you're saying that Rooney raped Mikel last time, then you can expect an utter annihilation of Meireles at that position. How do you expect Meireles to stop Rooney more so than Mikel??

What I won't mind is a Raul-Mikel-Lampard (no chance Lampard will be dropped) midfield, but that would mean missing Ramires's forward runs and that's up to Villas-Boas to decide whether that's a good decision or not.

I don't think its the end of the world with Mikel depending on what kind of role he plays, because I wouldn't mind seeing Luiz break forward quite a bit and having Mikel sit in for him, but if Rooney will play his #10 role and Mikel is the DMF I can't see him physically keeping up mobility wise.

By no means do I think hes great defensively, sure Mikel is proven as a big strong guy who can break things up at the back and pass pretty well, but I don't expect Raul to be the only one on defensively thats why we have Ramires the box to box his work rate will be very key in the midfield battle, I personally like Gold_e wouldn't mind seeing a double pivot with them 2.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:41 am

I don't think anyone is under the illusion Meireles is better than Mikel in DM.

The reason I want him there is because he will get in Rooney's face and pressure him better than Mikel will. I really just want him to Rattle Rooney a bit to try throw him off his game, it's a dirty tactic I know but if Rooney doesn't perform we have a decent chance of winning.

I would only use two DM's if we played this:
Cech
Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole
Ramires - Mikel
- - - Mata - Malouda
Sturridge - - - - - -
Torres

Mikel needs to perform if we are to win.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:31 am

The problem with double pivot is that we're leaving the full backs to help themselves. Plus it isn't a certainty that it'd stop Rooney, both players have to understand each other or it could end up having the opposite effect. Since we haven't played this before I don't think it's a good idea to test it at this match.

It would be interesting if Villas-Boas goes with the all too predictable line-up/formation or whether he changes.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:37 am

english_jewel wrote:The problem with double pivot is that we're leaving the full backs to help themselves. Plus it isn't a certainty that it'd stop Rooney, both players have to understand each other or it could end up having the opposite effect. Since we haven't played this before I don't think it's a good idea to test it at this match.

It would be interesting if Villas-Boas goes with the all too predictable line-up/formation or whether he changes.

I doubt we will change our formation, he has played 4-3-3 in all but one game so far.

The predictable line up would be.

Cech
Bosingwa - Luiz - Terry - Cole
Mikel
Ramires - Lampard
Sturrudge - Torres - Mata

However, I doubt we will play this as most of our lineups have been unpredictable.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:38 am

kick mars wrote:
english_jewel wrote:The problem with double pivot is that we're leaving the full backs to help themselves. Plus it isn't a certainty that it'd stop Rooney, both players have to understand each other or it could end up having the opposite effect. Since we haven't played this before I don't think it's a good idea to test it at this match.

I doubt we will change our formation, he has played 4-3-3 in all but one game so far.

Cech
Mikel
Ramires - Lampard

However, I doubt we will play this as most of our lineups have been unpredictable.

Really?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:47 am

english_jewel wrote:
kick mars wrote:

Cech
Mikel
Ramires - Lampard

Really?
Not quite sure what you are referring to so I shall give my reasons for both.

Dispite this team never playing together it is clearly our best lineup. Drogba is likely to miss it so Torres is our best CF, Meireles is not better than Ramires or Mikel (however he works harder than Mikel) Lampard is improving IMO and would start because of his experience. Defence is the strongest possible and bosingwa who AVB favours.

See lineup for sunderland thread for reason why I doubt we will play this lineup.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:56 am

kick mars wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
kick mars wrote:

Cech
Mikel
Ramires - Lampard

Really?
See lineup for sunderland thread for reason why I doubt we will play this lineup.

Our line-ups have been more or less predicable bar the Sunderland game where players were rested because of the CL game. Anyways this does not mean Villas-Boas will go with 4-3-3 or with the same players.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:04 am

english_jewel wrote:
kick mars wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
kick mars wrote:

Cech
Mikel
Ramires - Lampard

Really?

Our line-ups have been more or less predicable bar the Sunderland game where players were rested because of the CL game. Anyways this does not mean Villas-Boas will go with 4-3-3 or with the same players.

You said it yourself, it would be a bad idea to test another lineup. Every game we have had one surprising start IMO.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:12 am

I would go with this:

----------------cech-----------------

Bosingwa---luiz--------Terry----Cole

-----------------Mikel------------

---------Raul-----------Lampard--

Sturridge------------------mata

--------------Torres
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:48 pm

Why Ramires not a starter in most of your formations?

and no torres please
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:03 pm

Anyone suggesting we go into this fixture without Mikel starting has lost their mind.

Mikel, Meireles and Lampard must all start. Ramires should be brought on in the 2nd half when United are tiring.

No Luiz for me. He's a class above Ivanovic and Alex but he's still a red card waiting to happen. He's still way too aggressive and I can see Rooney pulling him out of position all game.

Cech
Boss Iva Terry Cole
Mikel
Raul Lamps
Anelka Torres/Sturridge Mata
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:50 pm

*sigh*

But this is probably the closest anyone would get in schooling Man Utd at their own turf.

Overall I'm not that disappointed. Certainly played way, way better than what I was expecting, even though I got my 3-1 prediction right. Smile

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:15 pm

Meh. I can't wait for the return fixture in Stamford bridge. Bring em on
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:56 am

Cheer up guys

You played an excellent game, very defensively naive, but United score 4 goals with 3 shots on target these days. They are just too damn clinical.

I was very critical of your team before, but today it's obvious AVB is fixing the main problem which is pace of passing and most important of all passing to SPACE instead of passing to FEET.

Nando was your best player IMO, and a goal against Swansea or at CC and he'll be firing and trust me on that...when he is on it, he won't be stopped.

As much as I hate you for stealing him, but I promise you'd laugh so hard at all those muppets on General discussion very soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:44 am

Sepi wrote:Cheer up guys

You played an excellent game, very defensively naive, but United score 4 goals with 3 shots on target these days. They are just too damn clinical.

I was very critical of your team before, but today it's obvious AVB is fixing the main problem which is pace of passing and most important of all passing to SPACE instead of passing to FEET.

Nando was your best player IMO, and a goal against Swansea or at CC and he'll be firing and trust me on that...when he is on it, he won't be stopped.

As much as I hate you for stealing him, but I promise you'd laugh so hard at all those muppets on General discussion very soon.

drinking

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:44 am

I think I love you Sepi Sad
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:26 am

Agreed, glad to hear not everybody against him Smile as long as he looks forward and continues to play like this, he will be very deadly this season.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:46 am

Yeah finally Torres gets some praise.. he was always getting better IMO.. now he is pretty much back to his best!
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2