Wilson37
TalkingReckless
Jamin
Iceman
Spider
Sri
10 posters

Go down

Arshavin - Like a new signing? Empty Arshavin - Like a new signing?

Post by Sri Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:06 pm

Arsenal midfielder Andrey Arshavin could be like a new signing for Arsene Wenger next season if he is deployed in his preferred position that will allow him to orchestrate the Gunners' attack.

The 30-year-old Russian international has come into criticism for a number of lacklustre performances at the Emirates Stadium this term, often being used as a box-to-box midfielder, or coming on as an impact substitute.

Arshavin has received backing from international boss Dick Advocaat, who worked with the intricate winger during his time in Russia when managing Zenit St Petersburg.

"One of his problems is that he plays only 20minutes per game," said Advocaat. "Arsene Wenger uses him as a player who can be fielded in the second half and who can refresh the game."

Advocaat claims a lack of understanding has hampered Arshavin's domestic form this campaign, and urged Wenger to consider returning him to his favoured position – one he enjoyed during his debut season in North London.

He feels that a change in tact will not only benefit Arshavin individually next year, but will help produce better quality and performances from the team as a whole.

"Andrey is showing willingness to give the team the best of what he has. I worked with him for over two years at Zenit and I know who he is,” Advocaat continued.

"Expecting from him 90-minute running means not knowing and not understanding Arshavin."

We all know how awesome Arsha is technically, and we have also seen him underperform in the wings.. He has also been blamed for not being able to track back and help, though we saw him do that a lot towards the season end.. Can't play him as a AM with Fabregas around and Nasri wanting that role too.. But another reason to support my idea that our 4-3-3 is not the best formation for many players.. Whats best for our superb Captain, isn't best for others.. Tight rope to walk, isn't it!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Arshavin - Like a new signing? Empty Re: Arshavin - Like a new signing?

Post by Spider Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:24 pm

Arshavin is not a wide player he just can't play in both wings , he is more of a SS or the one who can play under the CF

So in order to see the real arshavin Wenger must understand that .
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:26 pm

Yup.. hes one heck of a SS!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:47 pm

A change of formation does not seem to be very likely unless we sell Fabregas. Even then, any formation which would depend on an SS or two strikers would leave the midfield one man too short and we all saw how United's amazing 4-4-2 formation got ripped to shreds vs Barca.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:51 pm

We are too predicatble man.. The teams know how to stop us.. Lets not try to be Barca, we have our own players and we should be playing what style best suits the squad we have at our disposal, unless a major overhaul comes around..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:11 pm

I think wenger should be planning on a new formation without fabregas. we've known that he's leaving for a while now so why not adapt early starting this year.
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:29 pm

he has never been used as a box-to-box
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:42 pm

Yes we need to have plan B.. Right now when Fabregas is absent we try to play Nasri, Ramsey or Wilshere as the centre mid..
Ramsey was playing the Cesc role in the last matches.. But i feel the player most suited must be Wilshere.. I saw him play there only in 1 match and he was completely lost not knowing what to do..
Also because he has already proved that he is amazing defensively too, he is used in the deeper role... So i want to see him play more in the Cesc position in cup matches and see how it turns out..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:34 pm

What if he plays up front with RVP behind that could work? Play Walcott and Arshivan up front and RVP behind not all the time, but to try it out maybe for smaller games.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:43 pm

I do not think Arshavin would play that well as the focal point of the attack; he lacks both the work rate and physique to do so.

In principle though, van Persie as the focal point and Arshavin just off him should work nicely. Arshavin's ability to create space for others with his skills and movement plus van Persie's ability to get into the right position and finsih clinically would be a dangerous combination.

In theory, anyway.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by ArsenalWenger Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:50 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I do not think Arshavin would play that well as the focal point of the attack; he lacks both the work rate and physique to do so.

In principle though, van Persie as the focal point and Arshavin just off him should work nicely. Arshavin's ability to create space for others with his skills and movement plus van Persie's ability to get into the right position and finsih clinically would be a dangerous combination.

In theory, anyway.

This ^^, Arshavin would play quite well playing off VP, not to say he shouldn't work as hard, but he'd have less work to do, and therefore he would not tire as easily, would be worth trying in pre-season, providing Cesc leaves.
ArsenalWenger
ArsenalWenger
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:53 pm

Arshavin's ideal position, for me, is as a trequartista with a double pivot behind him. This way, Arshavin would focus only on attacking and creating while the pivot of Song and Wilshere/Ramsey will provide the needed work rate and defensive work in midfield.

I believe Arshavin got something 27 assists in one season as an AMC for Zenit St. Petursburg. I daresay it's worth giving him a go in that position if Fabregas leaves.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:59 pm

Arshavin did play up front by himself when all guy strikers were injured and he did well. From all the guys we have I think Arshavin has the strongest shot from outside the box he can score big goals. It wont hurt to have this as plan C. 2 fast players up front would be hard to deal with for the opposition teams.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:30 am

Arshavin did NOT do well when he played alone up front. It was a horrible two months for him where he had to play through injury and against big CBs that caused him loads of physical pain.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:25 am

Yeah LOL , he was like Alice in wonderland Razz

Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:22 am

As good as Arshavin is, I think because of his lack of workrate and his inability in playing winger (not his fault) and our desperation to make everythin fab , its better we sell him to somewhere he can be the focal point and get someone like Hazard to provide genuine wing threat, heck get Young in and your good
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down