RealGunner
JAY-Z
Art Morte
Nishankly
BeautifulGame
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Liverpool vs Spurs Match thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: Liverpool vs Spurs Match thread.

Post by RedOranje Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:59 am

He doesn't have ability? Then what, exactly, was on display before his injury last season (especially against us), his love-making prowess?

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Liverpool vs Spurs Match thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: Liverpool vs Spurs Match thread.

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:36 am

Sure he's got ability, but how much of it?

3 goals in 16 appearances tells the bottom line which we all should be able to agree upon: Carroll must improve to be our 1st choice striker.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:59 am

Goals come with confidence and as we saw against Wolves confidence is coming. Further, he can add a lot to our play even without goals (though I've little doubt that he WILL add goals as well).

Honestly, I don't understand why people these days are so hasty in their judgements, especially when it comes to sports. Consistency breeds success, not knee-jerk decisions and hyperbolic rhetoric.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:26 am

I'm still failing to see how people have the gall to criticize Carroll under the circumstances he is really put to.

He is 22 years old, has the immense pressure of living up to 35 million pounds and has his teammates thinking he only has aerial ability and nothing else.

Carroll is in fact a technically adept player as he CAN use both feet, and he DOES have talent in his passing skills as in Newcastle I lost count of how many sharp Guti-esque passes he made.

Carroll wants to prove that he is more then a number 9 just because he simply is.

I don't think anyone realizes his confidence is even lower after the away fans against spurs chanted: "WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY"

Crushing chant.

Striking is ALL about confidence and his hesitance in the end was clear.

Rooney, Gomez, Dzeko, Benzema, and countless others went through the same thing.

His hesitance and low confidence is the reason behind all atm as was the same for Lucas during his criticism days.

He lead the line beautifully in Newcastle and did so like a leader.

This recent game will be good for his confidence.

The old saying is once a striker scores one or two, he gets his striking boots on.

I have 100% faith that Carroll will win us over, as I just hoped he is managed properly and to his strengths. Then again, we have a world class management team behind him and its only a matter of time.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:28 pm

RedOranje wrote: Consistency breeds success, not knee-jerk decisions and hyperbolic rhetoric.

:bow:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3