Nishankly
McAgger
Le Samourai
RedOranje
BeautifulGame
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Liverpool v Manchester United Match  thread Empty Liverpool v Manchester United Match thread

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:55 am

Liverpool vs Manchester United match thread

Liverpool v Manchester United Match  thread Crest10 vs Liverpool v Manchester United Match  thread United10

Venue : ANFIELD

KICK OFF TIME
: 12.45 BST Saturday oct 15

Our most important high pressure of the season.We are going into this match after the confidence boosting win over Everton though truth be told we are still struggling for fluency as the team is still gelling with all the new players bought in over the summer.

United who started the season so impressively though they too have kinda struggled for fluency in the last few games but they havent lost a single game yet .Their defence looked vulnerable unusually this season but with Vidic rumored to be back against us they will expected to tighten their defence lot better.They as usual will attack through the wings so both the full backs and Lucas will have their work cut out.

We have beaten them thrice in a row at anfield so i am sure united players will have that fear factor when they come to Anfield so we need to put them under pressure right from the start.But honestly unless we change to 4-3-3 from our usual 4-4-2 formation i not confident we will win against United.We need to play Spearing in CM along with Adam and Lucas if Gerrard is not fit.With 4-4-2 we will be playing into united's hands and they wont be pressured in midfield as often in the past imo.

As for predictions heart say 2-1 head says 1-1 hopefully we can get a comfortable win as usual in last 3 seasons.

Injury concerns:

Doubtful: Kelly , Johnson , Agger .
Gerrard unlikely to start too.

Aurelio has been rumored to be fit but Agger wont make according to Echo.

Most likely line up:

Reina

Kelly Carragher Skrtel Enrique

Adam Lucas

Kuyt Suarez Downing

Carroll

Subs : Bellamy , Gerrard , Spearing , Henderson / Maxi , Johnson , Coates , Doni

I would start with Spearing ahead of Carrol but i cant see that happening unfortunaely.

Form Guide in PL :

Liverpool : WWLLW || United : WDWWW

Past 5 PL meetings :

Liverpool 3 : 1 United
United 3 : 2 Liverpool
United 2 : 1 Liverpool
Liverpool 2 : 0 United
United 1 : 4 Liverpool[b]
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Manchester United Match  thread Empty Re: Liverpool v Manchester United Match thread

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:19 am

Gerrard will start.

100%

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Manchester United Match  thread Empty Re: Liverpool v Manchester United Match thread

Post by RedOranje Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:57 pm

I would start Carroll for this game, honestly. I'd like to see him get a run after his derby goal and he will help occupy United's defense, hopefully giving Suarez, et. al. more room to operate.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:54 pm

Hmm, ultimately I don't know how useful Caroll will be here.

I like Bellamy for this one.

.................................Reina..............................
Kelly...........Carra..................Skrtel..............Rodriguez
............Stevie...............................Lucas....................
Kuyt.........................Adam.......................Suarez
.............................Bellamy
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:28 pm

If Johnson is fit i would play him. And Carroll has to start. Bellamy should be a sub in the last 20-30 minutes to have a run at Mancs tired defense....Otherwise exactly what Ragbirjosh's line-up looks like. And i'm pretty sure he meant Enrique and typed Rodriguez...lol happens to me sometimes too.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:34 am

Messiakanino wrote:If Johnson is fit i would play him. And Carroll has to start. Bellamy should be a sub in the last 20-30 minutes to have a run at Mancs tired defense....Otherwise exactly what Ragbirjosh's line-up looks like. And i'm pretty sure he meant Enrique and typed Rodriguez...lol happens to me sometimes too.

WTF , who the f**k is Rodriguez , don't know who the hell I was thinking about there :facepalm:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:50 am

ragbirjosh wrote:
Messiakanino wrote:If Johnson is fit i would play him. And Carroll has to start. Bellamy should be a sub in the last 20-30 minutes to have a run at Mancs tired defense....Otherwise exactly what Ragbirjosh's line-up looks like. And i'm pretty sure he meant Enrique and typed Rodriguez...lol happens to me sometimes too.

WTF , who the f**k is Rodriguez , don't know who the hell I was thinking about there :facepalm:

Haha.....Happens to me all the f*cking time Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:34 am

Can't believe ill be missing the biggest match of the year.. Sad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:35 pm

Nishank wrote:Can't believe ill be missing the biggest match of the year.. Sad

Join the club. All I had, so far this season, is the second-half with Spurs.

Moving ahead, how does this look:

---------------Reina---------------
Kelly-Carraghar-Skrtel-Enrique
-------Lucas------Spearing-------
Kuyt-------Gerrard-------Suarez
--------------Carroll--------------
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:52 am

Drop Adam and Downing. Drop Skrtel for Agger if he's fit.

Bring in Gerrard and Carroll.

Reina
Johnson/Kelly Carragher Skrtel/Agger Enrique
Gerrard Lucas
Kuyt Suarez Downing
Carroll

Johnson or Kelly. I honestly don't mind who. Both are quality. Is it too early to bring Johnson back especially against the Mancs?

Play Skrtel only if DAgger is injured. I like Skrtel, but Jamie always steps up against the rival teams and I don't care what anyone says, Agger is our best defender and has been for a while now.

Enrique should get the nod ahead of Aurelio. (Pretty sure he's fit for this game.)

Drop Adam. Been playing below-par and he's tackling could be Scholes like at times. Gerrard is also the superior player.

Downing started off well for us, but Bellamy should play this one. He loves scoring against United and he'll rip Rafael/Smalling a new one with his constant pressing. Could sub him off for Downing around the 60th/70th minute mark when everyone is tired.

Kuyt should get the head infront of Hendo. Evra has been horrible, and as much as Henderson is good in keeping the ball in possession, we'll just need to go all out attacking.

Suarez is an obvious choice. He is tired though, could suffer from jet lag.

Carroll should play. De Gea has been shaky with the aerial balls. Could occupy Vidic for Suarez to run mayhem. Probably has the edge considering Vidic hasn't been playing for a while. He is arguably the best CB in the world though. So let's just hope Andy does alright.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:55 am

You guys have to win. Please.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:31 am

iftikhar wrote:
Nishank wrote:Can't believe ill be missing the biggest match of the year.. Sad

Join the club. All I had, so far this season, is the second-half with Spurs.

My luck isnt much better either missed most of those matches since last month.And to my make it worse the only free weekend i got we had international break.And dont think it isnt getting any better anytime soon now :facepalm:

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:20 pm

ynwa wrote:Drop Adam and Downing. Drop Skrtel for Agger if he's fit.

Bring in Gerrard and Carroll.

Reina
Johnson/Kelly Carragher Skrtel/Agger Enrique
Gerrard Lucas
Kuyt Suarez Downing
Carroll

Johnson or Kelly. I honestly don't mind who. Both are quality. Is it too early to bring Johnson back especially against the Mancs?

Play Skrtel only if DAgger is injured. I like Skrtel, but Jamie always steps up against the rival teams and I don't care what anyone says, Agger is our best defender and has been for a while now.

Enrique should get the nod ahead of Aurelio. (Pretty sure he's fit for this game.)

Drop Adam. Been playing below-par and he's tackling could be Scholes like at times. Gerrard is also the superior player.

Downing started off well for us, but Bellamy should play this one. He loves scoring against United and he'll rip Rafael/Smalling a new one with his constant pressing. Could sub him off for Downing around the 60th/70th minute mark when everyone is tired.

Kuyt should get the head infront of Hendo. Evra has been horrible, and as much as Henderson is good in keeping the ball in possession, we'll just need to go all out attacking.

Suarez is an obvious choice. He is tired though, could suffer from jet lag.

Carroll should play. De Gea has been shaky with the aerial balls. Could occupy Vidic for Suarez to run mayhem. Probably has the edge considering Vidic hasn't been playing for a while. He is arguably the best CB in the world though. So let's just hope Andy does alright.

Agreed. Full squad is available.

Drop Hendo. Not Downing IMO.
Carroll, Kuyt, Suarez are a must to start.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:43 pm

Bellers won't start.

He played 2 full 90 mins for Wales

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:12 am

Downing didn't do very much against Everton, so he'll have to step up from his last performance. Really hope Craig starts though, the passionate bastard is awesome! Very Happy
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:17 am

1.5 hours to go bounce

I'm a little worried about how our CBs Carra and Skrtel are able to cope with United's pacey forwards and wingers. Really need our full-backs to do their job in this one.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:33 am

The Reds line-up in full is: Reina, Kelly, Enrique, Carragher, Skrtel, Lucas, Adam, Gerrard, Downing, Kuyt, Suarez.

Subs: Doni, Bellamy, Carroll, Henderson, Spearing, Robinson, Agger.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/gerrard-starts-listen-live-1
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:48 am

Good Performance.

Was pretty suprised Caroll and/or Bellamy didn't come on. ........

Good to see Adam having a good match , Gerrard too.

Dissapointed with Downing.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:49 am

We deserved to win Sad .....United were shite
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:04 am

Downing started performing midway through the second half... no point in subbing him AFTER he begins putting in good crosses and shooting.

I was particularly impressed with how Gerrard fit so well into the side and also with Henderson at CAM. Both seemed more comfortable than I've seen them in a while.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:31 am

We should've created a bit more and scored a second goal and also kept a clean sheet as United weren't looking brilliant in attack, so I'm a little disappointed with only a point. Can't help thinking that if it was United in our boots, they would have had the routine they are famous for and grabbed a win.

Anyway, this is okay.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:59 am

We need to learn how to finish off games. We really do.

Nearly lost out to Wolves, dominated Sunderland, Stoke :facepalm: and now this. Feels like a lose.

Only positive is that Stevie is back and Henderson showed what he can do in the centre.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:17 am

SAD.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:18 am

I am still pissed off.

Just killed my weekend. Mad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:39 am

SAD.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum