Cabaye's looking like a boss, Mole

5 posters

Go down

Cabaye's looking like a boss, Mole Empty Cabaye's looking like a boss, Mole

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:50 am

Watched a couple of Newcastle game now and... wow, he really looks good. Pretty much doing everything for the midfield from recovering balls, creating with his passing and taking rocket shots when he gets close to the box. With any luck, he would have a goal right now.

Back to top Go down

Cabaye's looking like a boss, Mole Empty Re: Cabaye's looking like a boss, Mole

Post by Vibe Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:51 am

Poor mans M'Vila :coffee:
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:52 am

sportsczy wrote:Watched a couple of Newcastle game now and... wow, he really looks good. Pretty much doing everything for the midfield from recovering balls, creating with his passing and taking rocket shots when he gets close to the box. With any luck, he would have a goal right now.

Yep that's what iam hearing lol, also heard Given stopped him from scoring a wonder goal?

Cant wait to see him and Ben Arfa link up who btw is going to play some part of our League Cup game against Forest on Tuesday.

LOL Vibe, Apples and Oranges :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:52 am

We're talking about it in the Leon Best thread, yeah, he's been stellar.

Tiote/Cabaye will be a handful for any team in the middle of the park.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:54 am

justdoit_ wrote:We're talking about it in the Leon Best thread, yeah, he's been stellar.

Tiote/Cabaye will be a handful for any team in the middle of the park.

Ben Arfa to come back as AM aswell on tuesday, shame our wingers are average at best lol....

Side note we still havent lost a game lol Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:56 am

Heard about Ben Arfa... hope he can put some games together now.

Cabaye looks really, really, really good. Granted, any french midfielder that looks ok gets me excited because, frankly, we suck with even basic creativity in the midfield on our NT right now. We need someone with technique and guts badly lol.

Bias aside, you guys got a very good one. Saw him a bit last year and was shocked he came to Newcastle. But now that i think of it, he saw an opportunity to play and impress in the EPL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:58 am

He's been showing plenty of those. I even liked how he played with France even if they drawed (In the Romanian minefield).

Very good passer who's not afraid to stick his foot in.

Last edited by Sushi Master on Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:58 am

Time to get Marveaux fit and prepared to show what he can do, Obertan is an empty threat and Jonas is just a decent cog.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:02 am

Since your French how good actually is Marveaux?

Obviously i have'nt seen much of him but looks pretty meh and iam quite worried about the wide areas as the full backs are crap and wingers seem to be pretty crap aswell....

Got Sammy Ameobi coming through who looks to have enough quality to play on one side but we definitely need quality wingers on both sides.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:08 am

Marveaux has had a lot of injury problems that have slowed him down. Showed a lot of promise. You have to play him on the left side though... that's his comfort zone. If you try somewhere else, he will look a bit lost. Never retained with the France NT; but was considered a few times in the last 2 years.

He's been injured since Nov or Dec of 2010 from what i recall. Need to play him and he'll be fine. Based on what i've seen, he'll put you current LW to shame lol. Needs to recover form and confidence. Can't do that from the bench.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:15 am

Well i cant see him being employed on the right as we have 3 wingers who can play there.....

While we have just one who can play on the Left which is Gutierrez and he is simply a work horse. ( Ben Arfa aswell but he will always play AM)

I'd like to see this trio between the lone CF and Cabaye and Tiote in the long term......

Sammy Ameobi Ben Arfa Marveaux

Probably wont happen, but if Marveuax's top form is as good as you say it is then he will be miles better than Gutierrez and Obertan is simply all pace and no brain so i'd prefer youth like Haris Vuckic( if he can stay fit lol) and Sammy Ameobi given the role ahead of him on the RW in the long run....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:31 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Watched a couple of Newcastle game now and... wow, he really looks good. Pretty much doing everything for the midfield from recovering balls, creating with his passing and taking rocket shots when he gets close to the box. With any luck, he would have a goal right now.

Yep that's what iam hearing lol, also heard Given stopped him from scoring a wonder goal?

Cant wait to see him and Ben Arfa link up who btw is going to play some part of our League Cup game against Forest on Tuesday.

LOL Vibe, Apples and Oranges :coffee:

More like peaches and apricots :coffee:
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:13 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Well i cant see him being employed on the right as we have 3 wingers who can play there.....

While we have just one who can play on the Left which is Gutierrez and he is simply a work horse. ( Ben Arfa aswell but he will always play AM)

I'd like to see this trio between the lone CF and Cabaye and Tiote in the long term......

Sammy Ameobi Ben Arfa Marveaux

Probably wont happen, but if Marveuax's top form is as good as you say it is then he will be miles better than Gutierrez and Obertan is simply all pace and no brain so i'd prefer youth like Haris Vuckic( if he can stay fit lol) and Sammy Ameobi given the role ahead of him on the RW in the long run....

Really wouldn't drop Obertan and Gutierrez for those 2. While it's true that Obertan isn't that good and he's very inconsistent. He is very unpredictable when up against full backs and his pace is great on the break. Gutierrez is one of the first names on the team sheet in my opinion, he has got pretty good dribbling, his crosses are good and his defensive work rate is brilliant, he helps out the full back immensely.

I've been watching Sammy Ameobi for a while now and from what I have seen he's average at best. Very leggy and clumsy, very one footed and his crosses are horrendous. While I like Vuckic he is very injury prone and he far better as a CAM that a winger. So far from what I've seen I would stick with Obertan and Gutierrez. Hopefully Ben Arfa will be the vital creative link between the strikers and midfield that we so desperately need.

But so far so good. 2 wins and 3 draws, unbeaten after 5 games. Very Happy Thumbs up
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:24 am

Your probably right mate, i tend to be naive when it comes to youth i almost trust them too much sometimes Very Happy

While what you say about Gutierrez is true he does have pretty good dribbling and his work rate his brilliant but his final ball is awful, i can accept this if theres a dangerous threat on the other wing and atm there is'nt......

If Santon provides an attacking outlet from LB then there is'nt a problem as long we have an attacking outlet from our RW aswell but atm we have nothing coming from either flank which worries me.

None the less we are 4th, unbeaten and Ben Arfa coming back we cant complain too much Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:29 am

His final ball is awful on his left foot, but if he gets time and space on his right foot then his crosses are pretty good.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down