Mr Nick09
Senor Penguin
Onyx
102 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

El Pipita - Gonzalo Higuain - Page 14 Empty Re: El Pipita - Gonzalo Higuain

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:04 pm

To be fair, Sports isn't trying to bury Higuain here.

He is merely describing the nature of his football, and there is nothing wrong with what he said.

Higuain is not going to carry an attack the way Benzema does, and Benzema is not the pure 9 Higuain is.

It's a matter of style, which are you the most admiring of?

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:06 pm

Actually, nobody's going to bench the other. Benzema will play more... but higuain will play plenty. The other way around if there's a drop in form by Benz, etc. Keep both of them in form because you're going to need both anyhow. I think Kaka will get hurt eventually and i pray that Mou plays Benz/Higuain as opposed to Di Maria when that happens... probably not though.

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:06 pm

we dont need more creativity than we already have atm

but what we do need is a prolific goalscorer who doesnt miss open nets and have others blaming it on lack of service
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:10 pm

We cant play benz higuain really.Already our track backing is bad with CR,Ozil,Kaka and benz.Putting another striker will make it even worser.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:12 pm

Adit wrote:We cant play benz higuain really.Already our track backing is bad with CR,Ozil,Kaka and benz.Putting another striker will make it even worser.
I'm saying if Kaka got hurt... which is very likely unfortunately. Both Benz and Higuain track back and defend better than Kaka.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:15 pm

sportsczy wrote: I'm saying if Kaka got hurt... which is very likely unfortunately. Both Benz and Higuain track back and defend better than Kaka.
Actually they do but being an AM for all those years kaka knows more about cutting the passing line and blocking the move.Also i thought kaka track backed better than ozil any way.CRs track backing is Mad .leaving marcelo alone and making a 2 vs 1 on left wing.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:16 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:we dont need more creativity than we already have atm

but what we do need is a prolific goalscorer who doesnt miss open nets and have others blaming it on lack of service

We kinda do actually. Our midfield does not practice build up play and is heavily reliant on counters. We are supposed to be holding on to the ball most of the time to submit teams, not the other way around. You never have enough playmaking. And let;s not act as if Benzema cant score goals. Higuain is on an amazing streak at the moment, but he can miss sitter just as much. It's not fair to make it sound as if he is the deadliest striker alive. I still remember last season when he couldn't finish to save a puppy's life, had to round the keeper to have a shot and was still failing.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:17 pm

Adit wrote:
sportsczy wrote: I'm saying if Kaka got hurt... which is very likely unfortunately. Both Benz and Higuain track back and defend better than Kaka.
Actually they do but being an AM for all those years kaka knows more about cutting the passing line and blocking the move.Also i thought kaka track backed better than ozil any way.CRs track backing is Mad .leaving marcelo alone and making a 2 vs 1 on left wing.
It;s interesting to note that Neymar tracks back a lot better than Ronaldo btw
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:24 pm

Neymar does track back alot better but he cant replace ronaldo straight away,also ronaldo at any other position apart from striker or left winger is meh as well.If we are going to move ronaldo to CF then say good bye to benzema who i think is too much talented to leave off the squad.Then again if we are going to play 4-3-3 then whats the point of neymar? 3 position and 6 elite players.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:24 pm

CR7 pretty much wants to play CF 70% of the time too... have a feeling he wants to get all the goalscoring records and feels he only has 3-4 years to do it.

ego-management at its best lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:28 pm

Crimson wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Crimson wrote:
sportsczy wrote:sometimes, you're going to be isolated... whether it's due to coaching retardedness (in this case) or a bad midfield (our case with with di maria in and everyone in midfield injured). Messi tried to adjust... Higuain drifted. Needed to get close to Messi and create space with 1-2 linkup.

Everyone knows that's not Higuain's strength though. No surprise. He does need to get proficient enough at it though like Gomez. Too big of a weakness. Main reason that he doesn't get a true shot at becoming an uncontested starter.

So whats Benzema's excuse for all his horrible games for France?

Or is that not his fault? is that the coaches and poor team mates and poor tactics?

Seriously we get it you hate Higuain .....

Benz carried France in Euro qualifying dude... he scored key goals and gave key assists game after game despite have shit for a midfield. In fact, he was a one-man offense most games because we had no AM with Diaby and Nasri hurt and out of form since early 2011. In his last 13 games for France NT, he has 5 goals and 4 assists... doesn't have Ozil and Messi to feed him the ball.

So your telling me that other than those 13 games he has scored 8 goals in 27 games?

He might not have Messi but he does have Ribery and Nasri and at least France have a good midfield. Argentina do not. Also lets point out France actually has a decent coach.

I've seen many many many games from Benzema for France where he did exactly nothing. Most of the time I have the forethought to realise that's not his fault and move on though.

Just like the Argentina game. Look at Di Maria for instance wtf was going on there, but I guess his link up play is crap too and Messi's......
Suspect
.....Crimson are u even observing France? The midfield is shit and Ribery Nasri are useless in france. M'villa is probably the only good mid they got and only Benzema, Remy, maybe Gameiro are good for France Up front.
Benzema is the playmaker and the forward for France. why? becuz ribery and nasri never show up for france. Sport, u have my sympathies. France nt. midfield is so bad i cud argue that my mexican nt. has a better midfield and my team has barely any if not no playmakers in the team atm unless u consider Gio dos santos a playmaker.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:31 pm

But it's better than Argies atm lmao

That was my point....

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:31 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:we dont need more creativity than we already have atm

We kinda do actually. Our midfield does not practice build up play and is heavily reliant on counters. We are supposed to be holding on to the ball most of the time to submit teams, not the other way around. You never have enough playmaking.
And let;s not act as if Benzema cant score goals. Higuain is on an amazing streak at the moment, but he can miss sitter just as much. It's not fair to make it sound as if he is the deadliest striker alive. I still remember last season when he couldn't finish to save a puppy's life, had to round the keeper to have a shot and was still failing.

I think we can do both Very Happy
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:32 pm

No Messi though... and why the heck is Pastore not playing ffs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:36 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:To be fair, Sports isn't trying to bury Higuain here.

He is merely describing the nature of his football, and there is nothing wrong with what he said.

Higuain is not going to carry an attack the way Benzema does, and Benzema is not the pure 9 Higuain is.

Higuain can't carry an attack? He was carrying ours for a while if you haven't been watching the last three years.

I can appriciate that Benzema and Higuain are different types of players and that they have strengths and weakness but I don't go making up stuff when assessing either of them.

I don't say Benzema is bad at hold up play because he is good at that. I say he likes to take one too many touches because it's true.

I can say Higuain can sometimes lose his focus and that he is prone to slow decision making when shooting at goal is not involved, that would be true. I don't say that he is bad at link up. That is not true at all. FFS Higuain has more career assists than Benzema in less games, his link up is just fine.

Again point things out but stop making stuff up and try to sell them to me as fact.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:42 pm

Crimson wrote:But it's better than Argies atm lmao

That was my point....
*Looks at Argentina Squad*
*Sees Pastore in the subs*
*Sees Banega, well aware of Gago, Mehssi, Di Maria (lol)*
*Sees Pastore Again*
*Pastore*
*Now reads Crimsons post one more time*
El Pipita - Gonzalo Higuain - Page 14 Halolz-dot-com-nope.avkqyo

U are overrating French Midfield Crimson.
France cud really use a pastore.....

Last edited by Turok_TTZ on Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:44 pm

Link-up ability and playmaking is not measured by assists alone... or else Zidane would be considered a very, very average player. It's about creating space and setting the pace... facilitating the flow of the game.

Also, i don't think anyone disputes Higuain's ability as a winger, which is how most of his assists happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:48 pm

Zealous wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:To be fair, Sports isn't trying to bury Higuain here.

Higuain can't carry an attack? He was carrying ours for a while if you haven't been watching the last three years.

I can appriciate that Benzema and Higuain are different types of players and that they have strengths and weakness but I don't go making up stuff when assessing either of them.

I don't say Benzema is bad at hold up play because he is good at that. I say he likes to take one too many touches because it's true.

I can say Higuain can sometimes lose his focus and that he is prone to slow decision making when shooting at goal is not involved, that would be true. I don't say that he is bad at link up. That is not true at all. FFS Higuain has more career assists than Benzema in less games, his link up is just fine.

Again point things out but stop making stuff up and try to sell them to me as fact.

Higuain has been our main finisher for the past 3 years. By "carrying" an attack, i imply the playmaking aspect of playing in the last meters, the way Raul used to play behind the CF. Helping to make the link between all parties in Attack, it's not Higuain style to play like that. Maybe the wording was not correct. Higuain is a player that put himself at the end of of attacking moves mainly, as opposed to Raul for example who used to initiate them, get involved in the mix and finish.

I dont think i am making up stuff myself. It's a wording issue, which can be easily corrected. It's like saying Benzema misses sitter. It's not true, yet it's an exaggeration to amplify how wasteful he has been lately. Just like When Higuain scores 2 hat tricks, he is suddenly the best finisher in football.

If i say that he is bad at link up it doesnt mean that he cant do it, but he is less proficient at it in his game than benzema for example, and it shows. Again, it's like saying that Ronaldo doesnt track back, it's not true in the literal sense, but we all do those exaggerations to underline some aspects of their games.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:51 pm

Higuain does those things and he does them fine.

I mentioned assists because you make him sound like Emile Hesky sometimes when you throw out words like "limited" and "useless"

Benzema has had more "useless" performances than me or you would care to point out.

Anyway I said this before but there is room on the team for both and their skill sets are both useful things to have. They can even play well together (very well actually).

It's the burying that I dislike, put that shovel down LOL
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:37 pm

http://www.thehardtackle.com/2011/real-madrids-corner-el-pipita-never-ever-gives-up/ I liked this article alot.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:07 am

Maybe he should crash a few cars in Ibiza to get people talking about him.

For me, Pipa (along with Iker and Xabi) is what I expect a Real Madrid player to be and someone younger kids should try to be like in what attitude they adopt as professional footballers.

Never complained (unlike some), never caused trouble (unlike some) and his coaches never had a bad thing to say about him (unlike some).

Fantastic f*cking striker too.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:44 am

so is he starting tommorow?

my dream is to see benz and higgy both score so that i can make youtube videos of both, and get 20k + views Twisted Evil
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:47 am

TMO i have the same dream.....Not the video-making part, but both benz and higgy scoring in the same game or at least playing together
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:50 am

Messiakanino wrote:TMO i have the same dream.....Not the video-making part, but both benz and higgy scoring in the same game or at least playing together
yes i have that too, so its two dreams in one Smile
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:58 am

The Madrid One wrote:
Messiakanino wrote:TMO i have the same dream.....Not the video-making part, but both benz and higgy scoring in the same game or at least playing together
yes i have that too, so its two dreams in one Smile

if they both start and both score its gonna be just as good as last years valencia game...6-3 i think it was.

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:59 am

Last years Valencia game was the most entertaining game of the season imo.....Kaka-Higgy-Benz just killed it
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next