Raptorgunner
Seppuku
7amood11
RealGunner
billy_gr
Sushi Master
14 posters

Go down

ManC announce big assed youth academy Empty ManC announce big assed youth academy

Post by Sushi Master Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:56 pm

Source

All aspects of the Club’s youth development, first team training and operations functions would be brought into the one location in the heart of East Manchester and would include:

A home for up to 400 young players who will train and study alongside senior players, with a clear development pathway to the first team
One half size and 11 full size youth development pitches
One half size and 4 full size first team pitches
On site sleeping accommodation and classroom facility for 40 young players to allow them to train and study in a safe and secure environment
A carefully planned first team building with changing rooms, gym, refectory and injury and rehab centre
A 7,000 capacity stadium for youth matches
Staff offices and a dedicated media centre
A bridge linking the site to the Etihad Stadium and the rest of the Etihad Campus

---

Everyone to start cowering in fear once ManC produce their own Messis in 2020.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

ManC announce big assed youth academy Empty Re: ManC announce big assed youth academy

Post by billy_gr Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:58 pm

good, maybe now there's room for other teams in the transfer windows to come
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

ManC announce big assed youth academy Empty Re: ManC announce big assed youth academy

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:09 pm

They have one of the best Youth acedamy in england. Scouting network is top notch as well.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:40 pm

Good to see that they're preparing for the future... By 2020, we might see them winning the CL...
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:11 pm

But...but....but..I thought Man City was set out to destroy football.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:22 pm

Well good for them, at least they are giving the youth a chance.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:45 pm

It's big plans all right.

Is it too big, though?
That many pitches, so many youth players... Can you realistically have all that working out efficiently?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:50 pm

i imagine they will be divided up by age groups ie U-21 U-19's etc etc....this is all fine and dandy but unless they hire good young coaches who focus on the technical side of the game rather then systems....they will produce the same crap most teams produce with the exception of a few exceptional talents that come thru.

make these kids all technically sound on the ball like the spanish do and it will be a success, dont spend all this money and continue training the way that has gone on forever....only recently you have seen some young english products who are becoming better players on the ball,
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:14 pm

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1459000_video-and-picture-gallery-how-manchester-citys-training-village-will-look-

Looks pretty impressive but I cant see them getting planning permission for that scale of development

There will be bitter Utd fans who will cry and try blocking the planning permission, like what happens with us and newcastle bitters.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:48 pm

The whole on-site residential youth program thing is one part of European soccer I've never been able to quite grasp

Maybe its just my perception of it, but it seems so regimented that its like being in the military...except instead of training for combat your training to play soccer

Not worth it in my opinion...let the kids have a damn childhood
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:50 pm

With FFP they cant spend squat so this is all the hope they have if they are going to compete lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:57 pm

You think the FFP is going to stop city?

They are sponsoring their own shirt, they will find a trick. Some very nice company will build the complex for them at 0 cost lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:04 pm

I can already see them suffering from Real Madrid syndrome.

Have promising player in position that needs to be reinforced? Buy superstar.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:11 pm

GyansDancingBoots wrote:http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1459000_video-and-picture-gallery-how-manchester-citys-training-village-will-look-

Looks pretty impressive but I cant see them getting planning permission for that scale of development

There will be bitter Utd fans who will cry and try blocking the planning permission, like what happens with us and newcastle bitters.

Us bitter of you ?

Lawl talk about "the pot calling the kettle black" Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:33 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
GyansDancingBoots wrote:http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1459000_video-and-picture-gallery-how-manchester-citys-training-village-will-look-

Us bitter of you ?

If they wernt bitter towards us they wouldn't have continued objecting towards us building a indoor training pitch and hostel like they have done for the last 10+ years. when the club have bent over backwards to appease the locals.

We were only granted permission to build the SOL on condition we only held football matches there, we wernt allowed to hold concerts etc until recently for fear we would take them away from Newcastle.

If that's not bitterness I dunno what is.

Razz If you were from the area you would have more of an understanding of these issues.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:43 pm

World Cup 2026 will be played in Manchester City Village :coffee:

will buy it like Qatar bought the 2022 WC
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:45 pm

GyansDancingBoots wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Us bitter of you ?

If they wernt bitter towards us they wouldn't have continued objecting towards us building a indoor training pitch and hostel like they have done for the last 10+ years. when the club have bent over backwards to appease the locals.

We were only granted permission to build the SOL on condition we only held football matches there, we wernt allowed to hold concerts etc until recently for fear we would take them away from Newcastle.

If that's not bitterness I dunno what is.

Razz If you were from the area you would have more of an understanding of these issues.

Oh the fans you mean, ok i wont comment on them i have been to Newcastle alot for games and other reasons and i understand theres a real mixed lot Razz
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:46 pm

At least they are trying.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down