ErPupone
Patrick Bateman
romanista99
McLewis
schnix
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

where is everybody from aka The Roma Off-Topic Lounge - Page 2 Empty Re: where is everybody from aka The Roma Off-Topic Lounge

Post by romanista99 Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:07 pm

Well, I'm from Woodbridge and there's fairly a big Italian population of Italians here. I would say half of them are some what compared to the Montreal Italians. I would consider myself one, as I also know the language. Speaking of Montreal, I know many Italians from there and I know some who moved from there to here, which is a coincidence as we speak about them. My parents being both born from Italy, and brought by my Nonni here pretty much sums it up for me. My father speaks great english, while my own mother struggles to speak English. Having a name 'Ignazio', is self-explanatory as well.

ErPupone, In the States, if we talk about New Jesey for example, there are many area's where it's a majority of Italians, take for instance Wildwood or Hoboken from my understanding, it's fairly populated with Italians, or even those in Queens for example in New York. The main problem is, as you said, they are not percieved by the cultures. Most Italian/Americans(like those Guidos from Jersey Shore) act and think they are, but in reality, don't know anything about the culture, country or language. That is difference, between us and them. I don't know much about Giuseppe Rossi's life for example, but from what I read, his family acts like an Italian family, in general, I just don't know for sure if the majority are like this.

romanista99
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

where is everybody from aka The Roma Off-Topic Lounge - Page 2 Empty Re: where is everybody from aka The Roma Off-Topic Lounge

Post by romanista99 Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:08 pm

ErPupone wrote:Just a few random videos from the WC in '06.

Thanks for sharing these, I believe that is Montreal's little Italy? Cammuria, posted a video as well, is that the same area? Because that kid was showing a street full of Italian flags, and he mentioned neighborhood.
romanista99
romanista99
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:11 pm

romanista99 wrote:Well, I'm from Woodbridge and there's fairly a big Italian population of Italians here. I would say half of them are some what compared to the Montreal Italians. I would consider myself one, as I also know the language. Speaking of Montreal, I know many Italians from there and I know some who moved from there to here, which is a coincidence as we speak about them. My parents being both born from Italy, and brought by my Nonni here pretty much sums it up for me. My father speaks great english, while my own mother struggles to speak English. Having a name 'Ignazio', is self-explanatory as well.

ErPupone, In the States, if we talk about New Jesey for example, there are many area's where it's a majority of Italians, take for instance Wildwood or Hoboken from my understanding, it's fairly populated with Italians, or even those in Queens for example in New York. The main problem is, as you said, they are not percieved by the cultures. Most Italian/Americans(like those Guidos from Jersey Shore) act and think they are, but in reality, don't know anything about the culture, country or language. That is difference, between us and them. I don't know much about Giuseppe Rossi's life for example, but from what I read, his family acts like an Italian family, in general, I just don't know for sure if the majority are like this.

Yeah, there are Italians everywhere. I know there are A LOT in the US (of course, our total population is nothing compared to yours though). But now it's hard to give a real number because I know there are a lot that have Italian origins but that do not speak the language nor do they understand it at all (let's not talk about Jersey Shore, it actually really pisses me off).
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by romanista99 Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:11 pm

A great example of those who say they are Italian, but can't say a word properly hehe Razz
romanista99
romanista99
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:14 pm

romanista99 wrote:

Thanks for sharing these, I believe that is Montreal's little Italy? Cammuria, posted a video as well, is that the same area? Because that kid was showing a street full of Italian flags, and he mentioned neighborhood.

I think he was in another neigborhood, I couldn't tell exactly where it was but the street looked familiar lol. The one's I posted are all from Little Italy. The parade was going on everywhere in that area, I had never seen anything like it.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:15 pm

never watched that show, never will
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by romanista99 Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:15 pm

ErPupone wrote:Yeah, there are Italians everywhere. I know there are A LOT in the US (of course, our total population is nothing compared to yours though). But now it's hard to give a real number because I know there are a lot that have Italian origins but that do not speak the language nor do they understand it at all (let's not talk about Jersey Shore, it actually really pisses me off).

Do you have the channel called TLN? They show many festivals here, including those in Windsor. That might give you an idea of the population here, I would fairly say there is also a majority in the Hamiltion area. Razz

I forgot to mention, even in the city of Boston, many southern Italians live there.
romanista99
romanista99
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:17 pm

ErPupone wrote:
romanista99 wrote:

I think he was in another neigborhood, I couldn't tell exactly where it was but the street looked familiar lol. The one's I posted are all from Little Italy. The parade was going on everywhere in that area, I had never seen anything like it.

Mike Seriously lol? It's RDP, on Maurice Duplesis, near the church, I would say the heart and soul of RDP(where most of them live). Those who go to Pearson, I'm guessing. There's also St Leo... where the morons of LMac go LOL... I think mroe Italians there than in RDP. Then you got maybe Athunsic, LaSalle and Little Italy where the rest live. Maybe even St Michel.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:17 pm

romanista99 wrote:
ErPupone wrote:Yeah, there are Italians everywhere. I know there are A LOT in the US (of course, our total population is nothing compared to yours though). But now it's hard to give a real number because I know there are a lot that have Italian origins but that do not speak the language nor do they understand it at all (let's not talk about Jersey Shore, it actually really pisses me off).

Do you have the channel called TLN? They show many festivals here, including those in Windsor. That might give you an idea of the population here, I would fairly say there is also a majority in the Hamiltion area. Razz

I forgot to mention, even in the city of Boston, many southern Italians live there.

Of course I have it, it's becoming shit though lol. They barely show any games now.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:18 pm

i wish i was in NY for the WC06 celebrations. but i was at Pennsylvania for college

i was rooting Germany from the start, but I still celebrated like an Italian when Grosso made that PK

the entire campus was silent because no one gave a shat about football or the world cup
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:19 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
ErPupone wrote:
romanista99 wrote:

Mike Seriously lol? It's RDP, on Maurice Duplesis, near the church, I would say the heart and soul of RDP(where most of them live). Those who go to Pearson, I'm guessing. There's also St Leo... where the morons of LMac go LOL... I think mroe Italians there than in RDP. Then you got maybe Athunsic, LaSalle and Little Italy where the rest live. Maybe even St Michel.

RDP, please.

I was actually gunna say that but I wasn't entirely 100% sure it was there.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:19 pm

Yes, because other channel's in Canada have gained their rights to show games. Like the Score and Fox Sports.

Mike, where you live Athunsic, Isn't there some Italians there? I know the majoirty like I posted above are in RDP and St Leo, just curious, because I do know some Italians from your area.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:21 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Yes, because other channel's in Canada have gained their rights to show games. Like the Score and Fox Sports.

Mike, where you live Athunsic, Isn't there some Italians there? I know the majoirty like I posted above are in RDP and St Leo, just curious, because I do know some Italians from your area.

I don't live in Ahuntsic lol, what gave you that idea?

Edit: And ya The Score and Fox have more rights than before, but Serie A coverage on TLN went way down. They used to have other shows too but they all disappeared becuase they just got random Reggina fans off the streets and we were actually smarter than most of their guys.

Last edited by ErPupone on Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:23 pm

You told me that, wtf? On the old forums, remember? What neighborhood live in then? I live with my cousin in RDP. LOL
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:24 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:You told me that, wtf? On the old forums, remember? What neighborhood live in then? I live with my cousin in RDP. LOL

Laval lol.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:25 pm

OH! Wtf ! My bad. I forgot about Laval, lots of them there... How do you get from Laval to Dawson LOL?

Let me guess you go to Fuzzies :coffee:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:29 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:OH! Wtf ! My bad. I forgot about Laval, lots of them there... How do you get from Laval to Dawson LOL?

Let me guess you go to Fuzzies :coffee:

Bus/Metro.

And no ... ok sometimes. A little off topic though lol.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:31 pm

Holy, Bus too, Montmercy, to Berri, Berri to Atwater, uff. Must be long Razz

Bah me, bus to Raddison, to Berri, then to Longueil, 50 mins.

Dunno, Fuzzies apperently best club, but then again I've been there once. I don't go to the clubs a lot LOL

On Topic:

Thanks for consdiering me part of this section Very Happy
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:35 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Holy, Bus too, Montmercy, to Berri, Berri to Atwater, uff. Must be long Razz

Bah me, bus to Raddison, to Berri, then to Longueil, 50 mins.

Dunno, Fuzzies apperently best club, but then again I've been there once. I don't go to the clubs a lot LOL

On Topic:

Thanks for consdiering me part of this section Very Happy

Not at all the best club lol. But Laval is the place to be man, where else can you have one on one conversations with Stevan Jovetic and Cesare Prandelli Very Happy

On Topic: No problem bro.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:39 pm

Didn't you see them next to the Olympic Stadium LOL? DAMN YOUR SO LUCKY!

Oh and I forgot, I don't think you're in Dawson now, as you were in Commerce or something, two year program.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:41 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Didn't you see them next to the Olympic Stadium LOL? DAMN YOUR SO LUCKY!

Oh and I forgot, I don't think you're in Dawson now, as you were in Commerce or something, two year program.

Ya, and I saw them in Laval lol. Even Marchionni, ex-Juve.

And ya I'm done with that.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:42 pm

Yea, but how in Laval?
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:48 pm

Uber Canuckiness going on here lol

I keed.

I've only been to Windsor, Oshawa, Hamilton and Toronto in Canada...since those are relatively close to Michigan. I do talk to a lot of Canadians in my work as well and I have to say...really nice people. It's very rare I talk to seriously pissed off Canuck or a straight up douchebag. It's a regular occurance with Americans, but it doesn't happen much with Canucks...which I think is awesome.

Vancouver has always been a city I'd like to see in Canada though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:53 pm

I officially dub this thread -

"The Roma Off-topic Lounge".

And it shall be stickied.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:53 pm

McLewis wrote:Uber Canuckiness going on here lol

I keed.

I've only been to Windsor, Oshawa, Hamilton and Toronto in Canada...since those are relatively close to Michigan. I do talk to a lot of Canadians in my work as well and I have to say...really nice people. It's very rare I talk to seriously pissed off Canuck or a straight up douchebag. It's a regular occurance with Americans, but it doesn't happen much with Canucks...which I think is awesome.

Vancouver has always been a city I'd like to see in Canada though.

try talking to them about hockey. i heard about that riot recently lol

i've been to detroit and i got my first ever glimpse of canada right across the bridge, but i've still never actually set foot there
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:55 pm

I live in Hamilton. we moved here because there is a big Italian influence here, mostly Calabrese and Sicilian especially around my neighborhood, however, most of the Italians who came here after the war have gotten rich and moved to big houses in suburbs surrounding the city like Stoney Creek(people here actually call it Tonys creek because all the Italians Razz ) leaving only Italian shops and clubs around my neighborhood but its not full of Italian people anymore, most of my friends that I grew up with here are Portuguese(Azorian) and now we share "little Italy" or james street.

So most of my friends are Porto, Benfica or Sporting fans and all of them are big Ronaldo and Quaresma fanboys lol, I know a couple guys who like Roma but I dont get along with them, the majority of my paisans here are Reggina fans or Juve and Milan but I do have 2 brothers who support Roma aswell as my father so those are the people I talk calcio with.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next