ErPupone
Patrick Bateman
romanista99
McLewis
schnix
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

where is everybody from aka The Roma Off-Topic Lounge Empty where is everybody from aka The Roma Off-Topic Lounge

Post by schnix Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:27 am

...?
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

where is everybody from aka The Roma Off-Topic Lounge Empty Re: where is everybody from aka The Roma Off-Topic Lounge

Post by McLewis Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:31 am

I'm American born and bred.

ErPupone, Checazzofai and Narbez are from Canada
Fonz is from Ireland
Metin is from Macedonia
Flameas is from Estonia
Sukrut is from India

That's all I know.

Last edited by McLewis on Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

where is everybody from aka The Roma Off-Topic Lounge Empty Re: where is everybody from aka The Roma Off-Topic Lounge

Post by romanista99 Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:32 am

Windsor, Canada
romanista99
romanista99
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:38 am

wow, i didn't realize roma had such a large canadian fanbase. don't tell me it's because of st catherine's Razz

i'm from NYC, but i've only been living here for 7 years. lived in germany, romania, soviet-estonia, and yugo-serbia before that
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by romanista99 Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:42 am

wow, you've been around the world. I've only been to Italy and Detroit Razz
romanista99
romanista99
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:44 am

^^^Who's the bird in your sig ? Smile
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by romanista99 Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:46 am

The Fonz wrote:^^^Who's the bird in your sig ? Smile

Are you talking about my wife Laughing
romanista99
romanista99
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:48 am

romanista99 wrote:wow, you've been around the world. I've only been to Italy and Detroit Razz

i've only been to italy twice, but i don't speak italian. my dad never bothered teaching me Neutral, was at detroit a few weeks ago on a business trip (ann arbor actually), didnt get to do much there, but i never realized you guys are a bridge away from canada. would've made the trip over if i had more time

The Fonz wrote:^^^Who's the bird in your sig ? Smile

Kristen Kreuk where is everybody from aka The Roma Off-Topic Lounge 13664, Canadian
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:10 am

Total babe smoking
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:13 am

schnix wrote:wow, i didn't realize roma had such a large canadian fanbase. don't tell me it's because of st catherine's Razz

i'm from NYC, but i've only been living here for 7 years. lived in germany, romania, soviet-estonia, and yugo-serbia before that

cheers

Montreal, Canada. I'm sure there are a lot of Roma fans here, but we are rather hidden and overshadowed by Milan fans lol.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:21 am

ErPupone wrote:
schnix wrote:wow, i didn't realize roma had such a large canadian fanbase. don't tell me it's because of st catherine's Razz

cheers

Montreal, Canada. I'm sure there are a lot of Roma fans here, but we are rather hidden and overshadowed by Milan fans lol.

are there a lot of italians in montreal? there's a huge italian population here in NY, but my guido friends don't give a * about serie A. i only ever get to talk football with their dads and it's usually about Napoli. i only have 3 friends here who follow football, an argentine, an asian, and a russian
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:43 am

schnix wrote:
ErPupone wrote:

cheers

are there a lot of italians in montreal? there's a huge italian population here in NY, but my guido friends don't give a * about serie A. i only ever get to talk football with their dads and it's usually about Napoli. i only have 3 friends here who follow football, an argentine, an asian, and a russian

I would say there are as many Italians here as there are in NY, relatively. And ya there are a lot of younger Italians who follow Serie A as well (I think the Italian culture is better preserved in Montreal than in some other cities where everyone is really Westernized). But there are a lot that are just casual fans, then you get the ones that are really passionate.

And about Napoli, I noticed that a lot of Italian bars in Montreal are Napoli clubs lol. Piece of advice, don't walk in there with a Roma jacket on, I'm telling you from experience. Wink
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:05 am

ErPupone wrote:And about Napoli, I noticed that a lot of Italian bars in Montreal are Napoli clubs lol. Piece of advice, don't walk in there with a Roma jacket on, I'm telling you from experience. Wink

i usually don't wear anything with roma around NY. most i have is an ASR keychain thats it. too many angry napoletani and siciliano Laughing. got yelled at in italian once while walking around in a generic AS Roma tshirt
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:42 am

schnix wrote:
ErPupone wrote:And about Napoli, I noticed that a lot of Italian bars in Montreal are Napoli clubs lol. Piece of advice, don't walk in there with a Roma jacket on, I'm telling you from experience. Wink

i usually don't wear anything with roma around NY. most i have is an ASR keychain thats it. too many angry napoletani and siciliano Laughing. got yelled at in italian once while walking around in a generic AS Roma tshirt

Ya that's always fun. But come on man, gotta represent La Magica!
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:17 am

As Neal already told you, I'm from Macedonia, Skopje.I live currently here.I personally didnt know much Roma fans, im glad I entered the goal.com forums.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by maruf063 Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:18 am

Bangladesh

maruf063
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by maruf063 Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:22 am

Bangladesh... We are rapidly growing country in terms of football. Last month Argentina came here to play against nigeria. I want Roma to come here someday. They did already send 40 coaches to train our youth and have a nice relationship with our board. The impact of their tour could be a huge one... Though 90% BANGLADESHI WATCH epl

maruf063
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:27 pm

I would have to agree with ErPupone, me being from Italy, and living in Montreal like him, I would say many of them keep the culture, not the same, however greater than any other city I know in Canada or in the States. The Italian population in Montreal is around 200,000 thousand last I heard, so it's pretty big. What makes Montreal very diverse from others is that most know how to speak the language, most still use the Italian culture, most famalies consider themselves Italian rather being Canadians. I've only been to NY once, and to be honest, the Italian population is big, I'll give you that, but they are mostly 'Giudos', who think they are Italian, but yet cant say one word in it. Take from example Jersey Shore.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:49 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:I would have to agree with ErPupone, me being from Italy, and living in Montreal like him, I would say many of them keep the culture, not the same, however greater than any other city I know in Canada or in the States. The Italian population in Montreal is around 200,000 thousand last I heard, so it's pretty big. What makes Montreal very diverse from others is that most know how to speak the language, most still use the Italian culture, most famalies consider themselves Italian rather being Canadians. I've only been to NY once, and to be honest, the Italian population is big, I'll give you that, but they are mostly 'Giudos', who think they are Italian, but yet cant say one word in it. Take from example Jersey Shore.

i was kinda disappointed. my community in germany had 0 italians. anyone who spoke italian was more or less assumed to be a swiss. so when i moved to the US, i was actually excited because i thought i would be moving into a quasi-italian community.

but yeah in NY, i don't consider my italian friends/coworkers here italian. i think of them as italian-american. it's a very distinctively different culture from american and italian that it deserves it's own niche

PS since i'm half italian and i can't speak a word of it, guess that makes half guido? Laughing lol
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:58 pm

Some old random video, but this show's how Italians are in Montreal. As it is in Montreal, in a Neighborhood, I think with the most Italians if I'm not mistaken, currently living there with my cousin, but anyways.

Only Old men I guess in the States are able to speak, no surprising Sicilians :coffee:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:19 pm

sounds about right Laughing

there seems to be a stronger sense of racial unity and less segregation here in the US. i think that has to contribute to why the kids here don't really follow their cultural roots. i've never seen so many biracial relationships, multiracial friends, and work environments in my entire life. heck i never even had an asian friend in my entire life til now. it's not like they didn't exist in germany. but back in europe, the turks played with turks, germans played with germans, french stuck to themselves, etc. but here in the US, it's not like that. i'm not sure how it's like in canada, but i guess it's probably a little bit more similar to europe
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:55 pm

schnix wrote:sounds about right Laughing

there seems to be a stronger sense of racial unity and less segregation here in the US. i think that has to contribute to why the kids here don't really follow their cultural roots. i've never seen so many biracial relationships, multiracial friends, and work environments in my entire life. heck i never even had an asian friend in my entire life til now. it's not like they didn't exist in germany. but back in europe, the turks played with turks, germans played with germans, french stuck to themselves, etc. but here in the US, it's not like that. i'm not sure how it's like in canada, but i guess it's probably a little bit more similar to europe

Depends where you are in Canada. In Toronto, it's a lot more like the US. But in Montreal, in large part thanks to the French-English language issues, foreign cultures are much better preserved. We're actually branded as a very multi-cultural city and encourage the preservation of those cultures through different festivals and activities. People tend to keep their cultures within their families, but they'll wear out eventually. A lot of 3rd generation Italians understand, but are unable to speak, proper Italian becuase they have to learn different languages in school. It'll be the same thing here eventually, where European and Asian cultures will start to fade, but I think it'll happen much later compared to the States.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:58 pm

what's funny though,

in germany, everyone considered me italian
in romania, everyone considered me a russian
in serbia, everyone considered me a gypsy
in estonia, everyone considered me a negro

here in the US, i'm just a normal white guy
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:06 pm

Just a few random videos from the WC in '06.

The cafe' at 38 seconds is the Napoli club I mentioned before lol

ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by romanista99 Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:07 pm

Well, I'm from Woodbridge and there's fairly a big Italian population of Italians here. I would say half of them are some what compared to the Montreal Italians. I would consider myself one, as I also know the language. Speaking of Montreal, I know many Italians from there and I know some who moved from there to here, which is a coincidence as we speak about them. My parents being both born from Italy, and brought by my Nonni here pretty much sums it up for me. My father speaks great english, while my own mother struggles to speak English. Having a name 'Ignazio', is self-explanatory as well.

ErPupone, In the States, if we talk about New Jesey for example, there are many area's where it's a majority of Italians, take for instance Wildwood or Hoboken from my understanding, it's fairly populated with Italians, or even those in Queens for example in New York. The main problem is, as you said, they are not percieved by the cultures. Most Italian/Americans(like those Guidos from Jersey Shore) act and think they are, but in reality, don't know anything about the culture, country or language. That is difference, between us and them. I don't know much about Giuseppe Rossi's life for example, but from what I read, his family acts like an Italian family, in general, I just don't know for sure if the majority are like this.
romanista99
romanista99
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next