IrasMaldinista
Ganso
c_bernard10
nichabr
KR10
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Our team needs a complete overhaul - Page 2 Empty Re: Our team needs a complete overhaul

Post by Cookie Monster Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:33 pm

While a lot of you have made some good points, there has been some serious exaggeration. This is essentially the same team that comfortably won the Serie A last year (plus a solid CB and a potentially devastating LB). The major problem with the team at the moment is the injuries. We have an old squad and the injuries are causing players that can't play every week to play every three days. It's no wonder most of the team was basically walking around against Juve.

That being said, something obviously has to change. A team has to evolve every year in order to continue being successful. When you become complacent, you lose. It's as simple as that. The league has become much stronger, and we haven't. Although on paper we still have the strongest team in the league, we need a bit of an attitude change if we're going to challenge for the title again.

Everyone has pointed out the obvious weaknesses of our team (lack of width, Bonera, Bonera, old players, Bonera, weak midfield) so I'm not going to get into details. In short form, the major things that we need are:
1) The recovery of our injured players (robinho in particular)
2) One or two midfielders in the winter market
3) Better tactical choices (or a better coach). Allegri really needs to learn to adapt to different situations and learn from his mistakes. When was the last time Bonera was competent and didn't cost us a game? I sure as hell can't remember. Yet this guy still gets a starting place in the team against the most in form club in Serie A. It's baffling!
4) MOTIVATION. Call it complacency, call it lack of confidence, call it whatever you want, there is something drastically different in the attitude of our players this year and it has to change.

This has by no means been the best start we could have hoped for, but all is not lost. I believe we were only 3 points higher in the standings last year at this time (I may be wrong), and look how that turned out. There is still plenty of time to turn this season around and challenge for the title, but something extra is needed. We don't need an overhaul, but we certainly need to make some changes.

Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Our team needs a complete overhaul - Page 2 Empty Re: Our team needs a complete overhaul

Post by Cookie Monster Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:37 pm

Also, Boateng is drastically overrated. He's a very average player. He has no creativity, no vision, no positional sense, average passing, average tackling, and he thinks he as better ball control than he actually does. The only thing he brings to the table is strength and speed, which is why he would be better suited to the midfield three. Although he still isn't the ideal choice there. Hopefully we'll get some solid midfielders in the winter transfer market so Boateng can return to the one position he can successfully occupy...the bench.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by c_bernard10 Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:03 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:While a lot of you have made some good points, there has been some serious exaggeration. This is essentially the same team that comfortably won the Serie A last year (plus a solid CB and a potentially devastating LB). The major problem with the team at the moment is the injuries. We have an old squad and the injuries are causing players that can't play every week to play every three days. It's no wonder most of the team was basically walking around against Juve.

That being said, something obviously has to change. A team has to evolve every year in order to continue being successful. When you become complacent, you lose. It's as simple as that. The league has become much stronger, and we haven't. Although on paper we still have the strongest team in the league, we need a bit of an attitude change if we're going to challenge for the title again.

Everyone has pointed out the obvious weaknesses of our team (lack of width, Bonera, Bonera, old players, Bonera, weak midfield) so I'm not going to get into details. In short form, the major things that we need are:
1) The recovery of our injured players (robinho in particular)
2) One or two midfielders in the winter market
3) Better tactical choices (or a better coach). Allegri really needs to learn to adapt to different situations and learn from his mistakes. When was the last time Bonera was competent and didn't cost us a game? I sure as hell can't remember. Yet this guy still gets a starting place in the team against the most in form club in Serie A. It's baffling!
4) MOTIVATION. Call it complacency, call it lack of confidence, call it whatever you want, there is something drastically different in the attitude of our players this year and it has to change.

This has by no means been the best start we could have hoped for, but all is not lost. I believe we were only 3 points higher in the standings last year at this time (I may be wrong), and look how that turned out. There is still plenty of time to turn this season around and challenge for the title, but something extra is needed. We don't need an overhaul, but we certainly need to make some changes.

You are right. The players have absolutely NO motivation. They all know that we are not going anywhere far in the champions league, and the old men playing 3 times a week can't keep up.
Allegri has shown zero variation or adapting. He sticks to his same game plan against every team. This is why we are outplayed by all of the big teams, and even the smaller teams have figured us out. Allegri needs to adapt to the team at hand and play to suit.
Even Van Bommel is not playing well because his age seems to be catching up on him with the tight schedule we have. We need a new player for his position who is capable of filling in for him when he is burnt out, and then can eventually replace him. Somebody mentioned Sven Bender and I think he is the perfect replacement but I don't see this transfer happening.
Also a new AM who can run at defenses from deep and can play a killer pass and shot. Boateng is fast and strong and has some tricks, but he does not have what it takes to be our AM. Lucas and Eriksen are two players like this, but once again these transfers are very unlikely.
And finally a new CM who can take Seedorf's place. Montolivo is certainly not a world call midfielder but this is one transfer that seems likely because of the small price tag in January or the free in summer.
Another big question is... who will be the new Gattuso? Nocerino is nowhere near the player Gattuso is, and Flamini is better than Nocerino but still not as good as Gattuso.
So it looks like the entire midfield needs to be rotated this year and replace by next season.

Now the first step is to make room for some new faces by kicking the old men out.

c_bernard10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by PinePHresh Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:23 am

Ok we don't need a complete overhaul ala PSG, but we definitely need some new players ASAP. Look at our younger players. Who is waiting in the wings? Who will replace Seedorf, Nesta, Ambrosini, Gattuso, van Bommel? We have absolute class in the old guard, but no young legs ready to take charge. Is the new Milan: Emanuelson, Boateng (as AM), and Nocerino? Galliani needs to move fast and secure a young midfielder. We are really screwed for next year if management does not sign a top player.

I can see this being good

El Shaarawy
Montolivo - Flamini - Boateng

Will Merkel, Strasser, Paloschi, Fossati, Verdi, De Sciglio and others become great? I hope so.

We need depth. Not more depth, but better depth.
PinePHresh
PinePHresh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:31 pm

PinePHresh wrote:

We need depth. Not more depth, but better depth.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Kudos to you mate.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:47 am

Ganso wrote:Our team needs a complete overhaul - Page 2 283117_256279601053953_217401971608383_1214688_4048890_n

i miss the days we had world class players....

Our team needs a complete overhaul - Page 2 Andrea-pirlo-2008-soccer-inter-vs-juventus-july-29-2008-g0e8nx

:coffee:
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:58 am

You see the first picture? Now just look to the left :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:57 pm

Boateng could be a helpful addition to our squad IF we had better creative players around with more juice in their legs. Instead, we have the absolutely hopeless starter in Nocerino, who has absolutely NOTHING to add rather than making stupid fouls and headless chicken runs.

Why couldnt we just go for Inler last summer, or how about Asamoah instead of Nocerino? Its not like its impossible to get a good midfielder these days, its just that we are trying to make Ibra and Robinho-deals all the time.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:31 pm

we have some quality players who are injured but when they are back they will probbably help the rest to get back on the feet and get results.

but i say this, as long as we have mediocre players and we are having this situation since 2007, this will continue to arise at some point again.

and old players arent helping for good cause either.
when talents like robinho siva nesta pato are out, then we are no where near capable of winning games. there are lot of rubbish below standard players in our squad, who doesnt have neither talent, skill, nor mentality, and are prepared to challenge first team players, and when called up they are just there to fill the void. this is the problem since 2007.... the mixture of great players, and good players, and some really bad players, and many old players, arent helping for the cause. i awfully miss 2003-2004-2005 seasons, when we had perfect balance of young and old players, but all players we had were all worthy of starting in first 11 anytime, when ancelotti wanted to shuffle the tactics, or when someone is injured, there were set of players, who were raring to go and fully prepared when called upon, and those players wanted to prove the point that they deserve first team. ambrosini was one of them... inzaghi the other for example. thats what i really liked about from both coach, and management.

when players like favalli, oddo came thats when our trend changed....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:30 am

"Once upon a time Milan signed the best players in the world, now, though, they look at their balance sheet and club politics.”.... Zvonimir Boban :bow:

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:20 pm

Somebody please explain to me what you mean by injured players will make up for your lost games? As far as i reckon you play with two strikers up front and Ibra being one of them it does not really matter that much whether the other one is Cassano, Pato or Robinho(who's injured)???

Truth is you let all year creativity go for a bosman to us and did not invested in a quality solution. Aquilani is not right choice - why would you sign him when he wasn't good enough for Juve? You guys are champions??? Your midfield is a mess and even if you had Pirlo now you'd have to start a revolution here. Look to Germany and France and sign quality players like Götze or Yann M'villa and yes, Eriksen of Ajax for flair and creativity (just keep in mind he is 100% like Kaka and can NOT fill out a CM role).. Roma will kick ass in years to come coz they invested for the future - you guys need to digg daddys pockets to get the players you need.
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:27 pm

LWL91 wrote:Somebody please explain to me what you mean by injured players will make up for your lost games? As far as i reckon you play with two strikers up front and Ibra being one of them it does not really matter that much whether the other one is Cassano, Pato or Robinho(who's injured)???

Truth is you let all year creativity go for a bosman to us and did not invested in a quality solution. Aquilani is not right choice - why would you sign him when he wasn't good enough for Juve? You guys are champions??? Your midfield is a mess and even if you had Pirlo now you'd have to start a revolution here. Look to Germany and France and sign quality players like Götze or Yann M'villa and yes, Eriksen of Ajax for flair and creativity (just keep in mind he is 100% like Kaka and can NOT fill out a CM role).. Roma will kick ass in years to come coz they invested for the future - you guys need to digg daddys pockets to get the players you need.
:facepalm: poorest attempt ever, maybe by the time Cro gets another 3-4 Juve fans banned, maybe then you will learn how it's done. :coffee:
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:04 am

LWL91 wrote:Somebody please explain to me what you mean by injured players will make up for your lost games? As far as i reckon you play with two strikers up front and Ibra being one of them it does not really matter that much whether the other one is Cassano, Pato or Robinho(who's injured)???

Quagliarella?

Seth
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:15 am

baresi wrote:

:facepalm: poorest attempt ever, maybe by the time Cro gets another 3-4 Juve fans banned, maybe then you will learn how it's done. :coffee:

Sorry, what?? Just because we're in the Milan section doesn't justify you being a rude smartass? Please. Do explain. What was my "attempt"? Oh boy this enriches my rivalry with milan
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:18 am

Seth wrote:

Quagliarella?

By the time he was injured we would stick to; Amauri, Iaquinta and Del Piero??? By the time Robinho got injured you would have to stick with.. and hold on here.. IBRA, CASSANO and PATO!? Oh well.. "our players are injured" LOL

Let me break this 100% down for you:

IBRA, CASSANO, PATO >>> AMAURI, IAQUINTA, 36-year-old-DEL PIERO

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:26 am

"Truth is you let all year creativity go for a bosman to us and did not invested in a quality solution."

Despite the fact that Pirlo barely played in our scudetto, whilst trying to claim that our injuries wouldn't affect our creativity, nor would having all of our strikers available make a difference, when our strength comes not only from our individual talent but our depth. We didn't invest fully, however it's ridiculous to claim that we didn't invest at all and that the end is nigh for our team.

Our team doesn't consist of our pair of strikers, so either recognise that or stop stirring trouble.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:17 am

I am not criticizing you for not having invested, i'm simply telling you that someone in your club is not doing as great as they should. lots of former stars have claimed that milan are not investing and bringing in the best players in the world anymore. all i'm saying here is that i totally agree. for the past years juve has been criticized for not signing top players who can make a difference. this summer milan has brought in noccerino and aquilani - two players i don't ever see make a difference. as soon as I come here and tell you that you guys need to wake up and ask berlusconi for more money you attack and insult me just because i have a juve-badge below my avatar. please wake up and look to reality - even if it sound dumb, juve-fans have an interest in a strong milan team. the entire league is sacking behind, guys..
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:53 am

Nocerino was only brought in due to Flamini's injury, why can't people grasp this? He was brought in to protect our depth due to a long term injury that occured a week before the market closed.

You can't look at Milan's market without looking at the transfers of Mexes, Taiwo and el Shaarawy. Reduced fitness, a heavy and tough schedule against opposition who played well and are further ahead of us at the moment in terms of preparation for a long hard season and our injuries have put us in a poor league position, however we're five games in and it's too early to say we need to wake up to reality.

This side has needed to revitalise itself for a long time, it's not a new development, it is one we're merely addressing as we can, we can't just hope to see our team revitalised in a single window. Last summer we brought in Ibrahimovic, Robinho and Boateng, the next window Van Bommel, Cassano and Emanuelson, this last window Taiwo, Mexes, Aquilani and el Shaarawy.

We likely simply couldn't reach a deal for Montolivo this summer but may still pick him up in six months, whilst Ganso's injury woes postponed any deal until we can determine how they will affect his future. Creative influences will arrive as they become available, however we can't be astonished when we don't launch deals for players who are still developing in the comfort of their current clubs and who don't want to harm their career by moving too soon.

Yes we've missed players like Sahin, Ozil and Vidal, either through not paying attention or being dismissed, however players prefer different clubs and these things happen. Just because a player is available to one club or even league doesn't mean that we could have snatched them.

It's too early to start throwing chairs at Berlusconi over football related issues. Over Italia is an entirely different issue of course.

Anyone regardless of who they support should feel comfortable to post in here, however not every harsh response is based upon which club you support. We're snapping at each other lately, let alone other supporters. It's not how it should be though, I apologise generally for that.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:56 am

LWL91 wrote:I am not criticizing you for not having invested, i'm simply telling you that someone in your club is not doing as great as they should. lots of former stars have claimed that milan are not investing and bringing in the best players in the world anymore. all i'm saying here is that i totally agree. for the past years juve has been criticized for not signing top players who can make a difference. this summer milan has brought in noccerino and aquilani - two players i don't ever see make a difference. as soon as I come here and tell you that you guys need to wake up and ask berlusconi for more money you attack and insult me just because i have a juve-badge below my avatar. please wake up and look to reality - even if it sound dumb, juve-fans have an interest in a strong milan team. the entire league is sacking behind, guys..

What are you smoking man Very Happy We got Mexes , El Sharaway , Aqua , Noc and Taiwo.

There's nothing wrong with the team, we've just not been able to defend properly, due to several factors that's not worth mentioning.

Similar to last season we didn't score much at first, but then picked up our momentum as the season went on, we are the favorites for the scudetto because once we got going we will be hard to stop, we have already played 2 of our most hardest fixtures which is two away games to Juve and Napoli.

Noc & Aqua are still finding their feet, and Urby was used as an emergency trequartista in the absence of Kp or Robinho.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:37 am

LWL91 wrote:
baresi wrote:

Sorry, what?? Just because we're in the Milan section doesn't justify you being a rude smartass? Please. Do explain. What was my "attempt"? Oh boy this enriches my rivalry with milan
Who is the rude dumpass now? :coffee:

As for the rivalry part :facepalm: , Milan are the champions of Italy, 7 times CL winners, we dont concider concistent mid table teams as rivals, and I advice you not to concider Milan rivals, that will only get you more depressed and we will see some more mental break downs among Juve fans, I would advice you to concider Milan as a role model, something you can only hope to get to, that might motivate you and only then you might learn a thing or two from Milan, and Milan fans.

Now back on topic just as our dearest mod mentioned, Pirlo last season was'nt an imporant part of Milans winning squad, so I fail to see how his departure is related to our poor form.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:42 am

No need to take cheap shots at Juventus, let's keep this on topic: specifically, knee-jerking :coffee:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:52 am

LWL91 wrote:
Seth wrote:

Quagliarella?

By the time he was injured we would stick to; Amauri, Iaquinta and Del Piero??? By the time Robinho got injured you would have to stick with.. and hold on here.. IBRA, CASSANO and PATO!? Oh well.. "our players are injured" LOL

Let me break this 100% down for you:

IBRA, CASSANO, PATO >>> AMAURI, IAQUINTA, 36-year-old-DEL PIERO

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

:facepalm:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2011/09/12/2662196/ac-milan-hit-by-zlatan-ibrahimovic-and-robinho-injuries-ahead-of-

Not to mention Pato was out immediately the next week after Barca's....

Reminds me why I prefer to lurk than to actually engage in a "discussion"....

Not to mention the first 5 matches isn't exactly a cakewalk....

Moar :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Last edited by Seth on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Seth
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:57 am

I agree , Juve's been through enough. Their fans don't deserve that.

Their is no crisis at Milan, we had tough games and our squad was stretched, which forced Allegri to play suicidal line ups at times, but it wasn't all bad as we got to see El sharaway and experiment with Urby somewhat in that trequartista role.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:03 pm

baresi wrote:
LWL91 wrote:
baresi wrote:

As for the rivalry part :facepalm: , Milan are the champions of Italy, 7 times CL winners, we dont concider concistent mid table teams as rivals, and I advice you not to concider Milan rivals, that will only get you more depressed and we will see some more mental break downs among Juve fans, I would advice you to concider Milan as a role model, something you can only hope to get to, that might motivate you and only then you might learn a thing or two from Milan, and Milan fans.

Now back on topic just as our dearest mod mentioned, Pirlo last season was'nt an imporant part of Milans winning squad, so I fail to see how his departure is related to our poor form.

@LWL91:

My apologies for my fellow posters behaviour.

@baresi:

There is some truth in your statements but please show some respect.
Do yourself and this section a favor and shut up :coffee:

Last edited by ACMRox on Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:03 pm

ACMRox wrote:
baresi wrote:
LWL91 wrote:
baresi wrote:

@LWL91:

@baresi:

There is some truth and you statements but please show some respect.

Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:26 pm

ACMRox wrote:
ACMRox wrote:
baresi wrote:
LWL91 wrote:
baresi wrote:

@LWL91:

@baresi:

There is some truth and you statements but please show some respect.

Our dearest mod already told me that, but in a nicer, and a polite manner, and I respected him for that. But............ know what I'll shut up.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next