nichabr
KR10
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Our team needs a complete overhaul Empty Our team needs a complete overhaul

Post by KR10 Sun 2 Oct - 12:42

This is not a knee jerk

no one in our current midfield, except van bommel should be starting frequently... and even he is 34

boateng... hope people realize he's useless, can't defend to play LCM and has 0 technical skills, we should sell him

our big LB signing taiwo seems to be last choice in the pecking order... fantastic.

abbiati... continuing his fine form, maybe last season was just fluke

also, i don't understand us playing 2 DM's... the RCM should be somewhat creative.. .Allegri is so damn defensive

0 off the ball movement, can't keep possession...

the team is in shambles, thanks Galliani....

and don't call me a pessimist, anyone who can't see this is just blinded, im sick and tired of seeing our team completely dominated everytime we play a decent team

KR10
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Our team needs a complete overhaul Empty Re: Our team needs a complete overhaul

Post by Guest Sun 2 Oct - 12:47

most of our players are injured, and i felt tonights game was going to be tough but i had expected us to draw 0 - 0.

i have always said, that our midfield is the weakest of the whole department, and needs complete overhaul...

and i dont care if i m getting criticized for saying this but aquilani and nocerino they arent milan calibre players...

and time to waive old players like seedorf zambrotta and all goodbye...

our situation certainly was going to be worse when someone in first team is going to be injured, but it showed that we lacked energy, creativity, mentality was poor. and galliani needs to buy some new midfielders in january and sell nocerino!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sun 2 Oct - 12:50

the only one i dont want to see ever again is seedorf the amount of balls he gave away today is unbelievable neither nocerino or seedorf were giving MVB any support whatsoever....

allegri had me screaming for this match why the hell did he bring on ambro...why did he play bonera....why did he play seedorf....why didnt he take freaking seedorf off...
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by c_bernard10 Sun 2 Oct - 12:50

I agree with all of your points except for Boateng. He is a good player but today he was rushed back for this game and was not fully fit by the looks of things. He is the only real athlete in our midfield and the only one with some flare.
Not only from today's performance, everybody realizes already that we need an overhaul. Abbiati, Bonera, Zambrotta, Antonini, Nocerino, Vam Bommel, Seedorf, Ambrosini..... how long will we play with these mediocre players?
Van Bommel, Seedorf and Zambro were all world class players but they can't play forever.

c_bernard10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun 2 Oct - 12:51

Our team needs a complete overhaul 283117_256279601053953_217401971608383_1214688_4048890_n

i miss the days we had world class players....
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Sun 2 Oct - 12:51

I was going to write an I-hate-the-way-we-played post until a few minutes ago, but it looks as if I gotta keep on doing my self-appointed job of cool-things-off instead...

We were laughable, I'm not dumb and see that, but to call the whole team a bunch of jackasses is not fair and not correct at all.

I know my great bud Fadi will swallow me alive if I get too optimistic for his liking...!!!

I'll post my take on the game in a few minutes... maybe hours, when people's blood temperature has come reasonably down.
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun 2 Oct - 12:52

So many things to say, I just need to take a breath after this wonderfull breath taking display, the problem is we made Juve look like champions.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun 2 Oct - 12:55

Ganso wrote:Our team needs a complete overhaul 283117_256279601053953_217401971608383_1214688_4048890_n

Those dont come for FREE, and since Soth American countries realized the money European clubs make from their home grown players they dont come for cheap anymore.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sun 2 Oct - 12:59

u mad op, midfield needs rework, but to call Boateng useless, common Allegri plays him high due to abscence of any decent creative players. He tries to teach things he should not do
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun 2 Oct - 13:00

boateng is an average player in any position
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 2 Oct - 13:01

berlusconi had came to milanello and encouraging our players to win the match... well they did pretty much the opposite.!!! Evil or Very Mad

galliani... needs to review up this situation, yes our injury situation is pretty bad, but when we get our top players back instead of comfortably sitting at top of serie a ... we will be playing catchup for top 4, and that would be really bad... .

milan really need to revise the current situation...

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldengoal88 Sun 2 Oct - 13:01

Milan need to make a splash in the january transfer window, players like Erikson and Montolivo are despretly needed. Our midfield players make our team look so one dimensional and static. Oh and the next time i see Bonera on the field i think i will kill myself.
Goldengoal88
Goldengoal88
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Sun 2 Oct - 13:02

Boeteng brings energy to our very slow midfield, he is vital in the three man midfield until we find decent replacement for our veterans, playing him in the AMF role is just plain stupid.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sun 2 Oct - 13:03

Boateng top 3 player last season, challenging with silva for best officially on votes, yet he is called average :facepalm:
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by PinePHresh Sun 2 Oct - 13:20

Ganso wrote:Our team needs a complete overhaul 283117_256279601053953_217401971608383_1214688_4048890_n

look who's in the background...

Boateng is not garbage

Seedorf is not finished

They were really tired today. Boateng was not fit enough to play 90 minutes. Seedorf had been showing signs of 'Slowdorf' in the last two games. hands on hips in the first half vs Cesena, leaning over to catch his breath... Allegri should not have played him midweek or should not have started him today. Plzen got it all wrong by failing to man mark Ibra, who was alowed to drop deep and dictate. Even Aquilani could have sufficed in midfield that day.

Allegri has plans to play Boateng in the line of 3. We just need an attacking midfield player with a good work rate to replace Boateng there.

I hope Galliani can get us a great midfielder. Aquilani is garbage. Nocerino played well at Palermo. idk why he's been so bad for us.
PinePHresh
PinePHresh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 2 Oct - 13:43

berlusconi has been the biggest letdown this summer...

hit by another scandal, and our possible target for world class players just stopped the moment there was court order to pay 500 million...

frankly how many scandal does he wants in his books... wtf

this is not just hurting berlusconi's empire.. the business side of things but image of ac milan and fans as well... why the fck we have to be victim..

berlusconi can throw party and splash money on chicks, stripers, and all, 500 million penalty, and oh... not to mention berlusconi divorce with his wife few years ago .. there was something written in media that he had lost 100 mllion worth of villa to his wife, and also 40 mlllion pay to his wife every year...

FFP my ass... we got berlusconi's personal scandal alone, depriving milan to spend on quality players..

i have this really bad feeling that if these this to continue, this mess up future of MILAN severely, silvio 's family especially Barbara will have to take that heavy burden

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Sun 2 Oct - 14:14

who says boateng isn't average? He is just useless as an AM. He was good last season but so far this season, he has been poor

i really think we need a complete overhaul. Plus the likes of aquilani, nocerino and bonera shouldn't remain beyond the winter
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun 2 Oct - 23:18

some matches into the season ; yet we need a complete overhaul..
seriously now Rolling Eyes

look how things are :
We played a derby , we didn't play well so we lost . this possibility exists as well , you know..daa!!
As for our start in the season , well , could have been a lot better , but overhaul? exaggerations...

Chill a bit guys , we played badly obviously & Max did mistakes, but we can't always be superb or succesfull. and above all , Abate wasn't there, how we were supposed to win?lulz

And not so long ago , after the match in Camp Noy , many were talking about us winning the CL! now what ? we fight to stay in Serie A i guess.. Razz

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon 3 Oct - 0:57

Ganso wrote:boateng is an average player in any position

I am starting to realize the same, that perhaps he just had a good season last year along with many older guys at our team, but now, its starting to turn on us. This guy played for Portsmouth, and perhaps that is the qualities we should expect.

But seriously, if our team can not handle pressure, we are getting knocked-out of the CL pretty soon. What I have noticed is that we absolutely LOVE to pass the ball from Nesta to Silva about 50 times, but then we realize that Zambrotta and Bonera are 2 worthless players who are attached to wheel-chairs and what not, and can barely even come forth to receive the ball. So we kick it long to Ibrahimovic, who we then expect to jump higher than Chiellini and bring the ball down with his chest.

Conclusion: We have no answers to a team pressing hard, cause we have no second gear. Hell, even Abbiati went ape-sh1t on us lol
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tehcpeng Mon 3 Oct - 1:31

Accept it, those veteran are over, they need to go , stop saying they are still capable and have something to offer. Their presence only disallow our youth to grow. They keep on occupied on bench or field, they can't cope with the busy schedule. When they fully rested, yes they play well but this is the main reason to make allegri keep on starting these veterans. Currently, any club that want make a decent offer for these veteran, I suggest just sell them instead of losing money and let them retired.
tehcpeng
tehcpeng
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigole Mon 3 Oct - 9:08

I think half the team needs to be phased out, even some of the old guard. Its time for a new Milan, enough of the old guard.

1) Abbiati is an ok keeper, but not starter material to me. More like a back up. Same goes with Amelia and Roma.

2) Abate is doing very well and Taiwo needs to be given some time to fully judge him. Antonini is probably only good enough as a sub or reserve, Zambrotta while still good is too slow. Bonera is junk, Yepes is good enough as a reserve, Nesta is starting to lose his speed, Thiago is our best CB and Mexes still has to start. Its good to see that Didac is doing good in Espanyol.

3) The midfield is a complete mess. Van Bommel is great, but you can already see a slight decline. I am afraid to say but Gattuso and Ambrosini are already past it. Nocerino is sub at best just like Flamini. Boateng doesn't convince me anywhere on the field, Seedorf doesn't have the legs anymore and Aquilani needs a bit more time with us since he didn't have a proper pre season with us. None of our midfielders can play the AM role properly.

4) Our forward line is great none the less.

Winter transfer : We need at least two new midfielders, Cl tied or not. At the rate we are going we probably won't even qualify for the CL.

In : Christian Erikssen (we need his technical ability and speed for AM), Montolivo (better than Aquilani) and someone else with quality who can play CM and dictate play.

Summer :

Out : Bonera,Zambrotta, Yepes,Van Bommel, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ambrosini, and hate to say it but Inzaghi too. Aquilani (will depend a lot, he has the rest of the season to prove himself)

In: Didac vila(back from loan), new CB, new DM(with good passing), some other player but would depend on other needs.

Tigole
Tigole
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon 3 Oct - 10:10

The only players worth keeping are Abiattio, Pato, Ibra, TS, Abate, Robinho, Nesta and MvB not starters anymore. That is if we need a competitive squad again.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by c_bernard10 Mon 3 Oct - 10:17

I would sell Amelia, Roma, Zambrotta, Bonera, Antonini, Nocerino, Ambrosini, Emanuelson and Inzaghi. Once we get the space and money from this, we can start building a younger, more competitive squad.

c_bernard10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon 3 Oct - 12:38

Before I say anything, I must say some of what you guys are saying is reasonable. But most of you are contradicting yourselves like heck. Yes, we need a creative midfielder, a better backup LB and RB, a quality young DM; and yes, some of our veterans should be sold, and replaced with young talents.

But just a couple days ago you guys were singing the praises of seedorf, abbiati, etc. and now you want to sell them? After one bad game? Abbiati was beast last season, Seedorf has proved to be unstoppable when rested, Prince was a top 3 player last season, the list goes on, and on.

WE HAVE A QUALITY TEAM.

Some people should see the door, and we definitely need some new signings, but a complete overhaul is ridiculous.

Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Mon 3 Oct - 13:33

While a lot of you have made some good points, there has been some serious exaggeration. This is essentially the same team that comfortably won the Serie A last year (plus a solid CB and a potentially devastating LB). The major problem with the team at the moment is the injuries. We have an old squad and the injuries are causing players that can't play every week to play every three days. It's no wonder most of the team was basically walking around against Juve.

That being said, something obviously has to change. A team has to evolve every year in order to continue being successful. When you become complacent, you lose. It's as simple as that. The league has become much stronger, and we haven't. Although on paper we still have the strongest team in the league, we need a bit of an attitude change if we're going to challenge for the title again.

Everyone has pointed out the obvious weaknesses of our team (lack of width, Bonera, Bonera, old players, Bonera, weak midfield) so I'm not going to get into details. In short form, the major things that we need are:
1) The recovery of our injured players (robinho in particular)
2) One or two midfielders in the winter market
3) Better tactical choices (or a better coach). Allegri really needs to learn to adapt to different situations and learn from his mistakes. When was the last time Bonera was competent and didn't cost us a game? I sure as hell can't remember. Yet this guy still gets a starting place in the team against the most in form club in Serie A. It's baffling!
4) MOTIVATION. Call it complacency, call it lack of confidence, call it whatever you want, there is something drastically different in the attitude of our players this year and it has to change.

This has by no means been the best start we could have hoped for, but all is not lost. I believe we were only 3 points higher in the standings last year at this time (I may be wrong), and look how that turned out. There is still plenty of time to turn this season around and challenge for the title, but something extra is needed. We don't need an overhaul, but we certainly need to make some changes.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next