ÖMARz
Messi
Sushi Master
Zealous
Adit
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is this true?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this true??

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed 19 Oct - 0:12:09

I thought women were not even permitted to drive in some Middle Eastern countries, and that they are not permitted to be on their own unless accompanied by a male of some sort ?

I think women's rights are the least of their concern, evidently.

JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Wed 19 Oct - 0:21:14

"VERY wrong. VERY VERY VERY wrong. Close minded extremists hate Jews , we in general hate ISRAELIS, one of my close friends is a Jew, doesn't mean he's any less of a person, what does he have to do with anything going on? I personally dislike Israel and I can say it openly, it is a TERRORIST state. A TERRORIST state."

Point 1)

Good on you and your friend. While I don't have any muslim friends, it isn't from hate. There just are not many where I live tbh. There is no reason to hate each other for something neither are of you are involved in.

Point 2)

Israel is not a terrorist state. But, if YOU BELIEVE it is a terrorist state, then you must agree the Palestinian people are led by terrorists.

You can not have one without the other. Each side is at fault. It is each others actions that forced this situation.

Arabs have tried to bully Israel. Need I bring up the 6 day war?

Israel's harsh actions are absolutely too much. ABSOLUTELY.

But, you can not say they are not some what justified.
Artemis
Artemis
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed 19 Oct - 1:01:11

when you fight back it isnt bullying, its *bleep* fighting back, and please learn about history before trying to sound like you know something, the 6 day war as initiated by israel not the arabs
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed 19 Oct - 1:11:43

JuvenelCuore wrote:I thought women were not even permitted to drive in some Middle Eastern countries, and that they are not permitted to be on their own unless accompanied by a male of some sort ?

what you're talking about is Saudi Arabia and not the Middle east. There are 22 Arab countries (saudi arabia is one of them) but women rights differ much between those countries. For example, in Lebanon, one of the most liberal arab countries, women have all their rights and are comparable with European women to a certain extent, while countries like Tunisia and e Morocco are not far behind. The more conservative states also differ between one another with Saudi Arabia being the worst (where women cant drive) and Kuwait being the "best" (where women can vote and run for the elections)

But of course the social norms also play a role in what women can and cant do, for example, in some parts of the more conservative parts in Lebanon (remember its the most liberal where women like the one in ur signature are a common sight on the beach ) women are constrained by traditions and social authority that they dont benefit from the rights granted to them by the law
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Wed 19 Oct - 1:24:05

"when you fight back it isnt bullying, its *bleep* fighting back, and please learn about history before trying to sound like you know something, the 6 day war as initiated by israel not the arabs"

Th 6 day war was not initiated by Israel.

It is correct that Israel made the first strike. Now that we have established that, let's think about WHY they did.

"After the 1956 Suez Crisis, Egypt agreed to the stationing of a United Nations Emergency Force (UNEF) in the Sinai to ensure all parties would comply with the 1949 Armistice Agreements.[9][10][11] In the following years there were numerous minor border clashes between Israel and its Arab neighbors, particularly Syria. In early November, 1966, Syria signed a mutual defense agreement with Egypt.[12] Soon thereafter, in response to Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) guerilla activity,[13][14] including a mine attack that left three dead,[15] the Israeli Defense Force (IDF) attacked the city of as-Samu in the Jordanian-occupied West Bank.[16] Jordanian units that engaged the Israelis were quickly beaten back.[17] King Hussein of Jordan criticized Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser for failing to come to Jordan's aid, and "hiding behind UNEF skirts".[18][19]

In May 1967, Nasser received false reports from the Soviet Union that Israel was massing on the Syrian border.[20] Nasser began massing his troops in the Sinai Peninsula on Israel's border (May 16), expelled the UNEF force from Gaza and Sinai (May 19), and took up UNEF positions at Sharm el-Sheikh, overlooking the Straits of Tiran.[21][22] UN Secretary-General U Thant proposed that the UNEF force be redeployed on the Israeli side of the border, but this was rejected by Israel despite U.S. pressure.[23] Israel reiterated declarations made in 1957 that any closure of the Straits would be considered an act of war, or a justification for war.[24][25] Nasser declared the Straits closed to Israeli shipping on May. 22–23 On May 30, Jordan and Egypt signed a defense pact. The following day, at Jordan's invitation, the Iraqi army began deploying troops and armored units in Jordan.[26] They were later reinforced by an Egyptian contingent. On June 1, Israel formed a National Unity Government by widening its cabinet, and on June 4 the decision was made to go to war. The next morning, Israel launched Operation Focus, a large-scale surprise air strike that was the opening of the Six-Day War."

This is just from wikipedia.

To say that Israel started the war is completely unjust.
Artemis
Artemis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed 19 Oct - 2:08:05

did you read what you just posted, like really read it ? so you're telling me that between may 19 and june 4, in only 15 days, and without previous preparation, the ever peaceful state of israel was able to assemble all its forced on 3 fronts and was ready for war ? in 15 days ? you serious ?

now why dont you find me another wikipedia article that justifies the legitimacy of establishing Israel over a land that historically belonged to someone else, once you do that then we'll discuss what is bullying and what is self defense.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Wed 19 Oct - 2:21:57

"now why dont you find me another wikipedia article that justifies the legitimacy of establishing Israel over a land that historically belonged to someone else, once you do that then we'll discuss what is bullying and what is self defense."

Alright. If you choose to hate, hate.

You are the reason Palestine has not become it's own state yet. People like yourself.

For the record, I am in favor of a Palestinian state.

Done here.
Artemis
Artemis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed 19 Oct - 2:32:54

lol, nice escape buddy, but this is not hating, im simply asking for proof, like historical records, ownership documents, or anything that you can take to court in the modern world. Can you provide that ?

and for the record, im against establishing a palestinian state over lands that historically belonged to Egypt and Jordan. Those millions of palestinian refugees were not born in the west bank or gaza, they were born in Haifa and Akka and all these cities that will remain under the control of the zionist state
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Wed 19 Oct - 16:44:26

Artemis wrote:"when you fight back it isnt bullying, its *bleep* fighting back, and please learn about history before trying to sound like you know something, the 6 day war as initiated by israel not the arabs"

Th 6 day war was not initiated by Israel.

It is correct that Israel made the first strike. Now that we have established that, let's think about WHY they did.

"After the 1956 Suez Crisis, Egypt agreed to the stationing of a United Nations Emergency Force (UNEF) in the Sinai to ensure all parties would comply with the 1949 Armistice Agreements.[9][10][11] In the following years there were numerous minor border clashes between Israel and its Arab neighbors, particularly Syria. In early November, 1966, Syria signed a mutual defense agreement with Egypt.[12] Soon thereafter, in response to Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) guerilla activity,[13][14] including a mine attack that left three dead,[15] the Israeli Defense Force (IDF) attacked the city of as-Samu in the Jordanian-occupied West Bank.[16] Jordanian units that engaged the Israelis were quickly beaten back.[17] King Hussein of Jordan criticized Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser for failing to come to Jordan's aid, and "hiding behind UNEF skirts".[18][19]

In May 1967, Nasser received false reports from the Soviet Union that Israel was massing on the Syrian border.[20] Nasser began massing his troops in the Sinai Peninsula on Israel's border (May 16), expelled the UNEF force from Gaza and Sinai (May 19), and took up UNEF positions at Sharm el-Sheikh, overlooking the Straits of Tiran.[21][22] UN Secretary-General U Thant proposed that the UNEF force be redeployed on the Israeli side of the border, but this was rejected by Israel despite U.S. pressure.[23] Israel reiterated declarations made in 1957 that any closure of the Straits would be considered an act of war, or a justification for war.[24][25] Nasser declared the Straits closed to Israeli shipping on May. 22–23 On May 30, Jordan and Egypt signed a defense pact. The following day, at Jordan's invitation, the Iraqi army began deploying troops and armored units in Jordan.[26] They were later reinforced by an Egyptian contingent. On June 1, Israel formed a National Unity Government by widening its cabinet, and on June 4 the decision was made to go to war. The next morning, Israel launched Operation Focus, a large-scale surprise air strike that was the opening of the Six-Day War."

This is just from wikipedia.

To say that Israel started the war is completely unjust.
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed 19 Oct - 22:21:56

zizzle wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:I thought women were not even permitted to drive in some Middle Eastern countries, and that they are not permitted to be on their own unless accompanied by a male of some sort ?

what you're talking about is Saudi Arabia and not the Middle east. There are 22 Arab countries (saudi arabia is one of them) but women rights differ much between those countries. For example, in Lebanon, one of the most liberal arab countries, women have all their rights and are comparable with European women to a certain extent, while countries like Tunisia and e Morocco are not far behind. The more conservative states also differ between one another with Saudi Arabia being the worst (where women cant drive) and Kuwait being the "best" (where women can vote and run for the elections)

But of course the social norms also play a role in what women can and cant do, for example, in some parts of the more conservative parts in Lebanon (remember its the most liberal where women like the one in ur signature are a common sight on the beach ) women are constrained by traditions and social authority that they dont benefit from the rights granted to them by the law

Well naturally I did not mean to generalize, it was just my ignorance on the specific countries but you obviously seem to know more so many thanks for making that all clear. It is somewhat sad to see women treated as badly as they are in certain countries in the Middle-East, but at least they have come a long way.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu 27 Oct - 4:54:39

If it happens in algeria, well let's just say there's an unofficial law of "you'll get your ass kicked"
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2