Liverpool's Jamie Carragher: Having a foreign manager is 'embarrassing' for England

+13
Jay29
aford92
justdoit_
Sushi Master
Great Leader Sprucenuce
McLewis
Grande_Milano
EarlyPrototype
Magricos
kiranr
Senor Penguin
Art Morte
michael1
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Liverpool's Jamie Carragher: Having a foreign manager is 'embarrassing' for England - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's Jamie Carragher: Having a foreign manager is 'embarrassing' for England

Post by Magricos Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:55 pm

:lol!: Argentina do have well known coaches and it's not a popularity contest it's about what the coaches do or what the coaches have accomplished or what they intend to.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's Jamie Carragher: Having a foreign manager is 'embarrassing' for England - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool's Jamie Carragher: Having a foreign manager is 'embarrassing' for England

Post by michael1 Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:02 pm

Magricos wrote: :lol!: Argentina do have well known coaches and it's not a popularity contest it's about what the coaches do or what the coaches have accomplished or what they intend to.

Lol sorry didnt mean to belittle them i know in south america the coaches have done well i just meant as compared to european coaches arent maybe as highly thought off.

But my point still remains look at prandelli his and redknaps achievments with respectuve team bein fio and tott arent to diff from each other yet prandelli is coachin italy and redknapp is lucky if he gets considered for the england job.

michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:10 pm

michael1 wrote:No ur not gettin my point its not about gettin a passport its only in cases like balotelli born and raised the country means something to them whether it be player or coach when it comes to nationals.
How do you know a country means a lot to someone just because they were born and raised there?

Or for instance ozil is turkish but born an raised in germany he is as german as anyone in that country as much as baloteli is italian.
And on the other hand, there's Nuri Sahin who was born and raised in Germany but plays for Turkey. I guess being born and raised in a country doesn't necessarily mean you care that much for a country.

Its no secret that germany italy brazil and spain recently all have won with there own coaches.

i mean look at argentina they dont have well known coaches but they give them a chance.

Look at maradona tactically not the best coach but the argentine players respected him, he could relate to them, and sure they lost but u could see they wanted to win for him.

Unless ur a small country there is no excuse, yes the players play with no passion regarding england but thats not what were talkin about and thats what im tryin to say only a british coach can really get up em give em half time speeches about what there representing on the field.

Can cappello honestly do that ??

But iv tryed to state my point enough times now lol
Just a few years ago England failed with an English coach - Steve McClaren. For some bizarre reason his passport didn't possess magical powers that could elevate the passion and pride of the English players.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:41 pm

I am not talkin about every single individual I am talkin in general ofcourse some people will feel stronger than others

To ur second point again speakin general most players in that case wouldve germany again main word most not all.

And to ur last one yes mclaren failed i didnt say they would have magical powers being home grown u little smart ass i
Meant being from the country just gives the players somethin a foreign coach cant do and again my point has always been england should be able to supply there own damm coaches havin the so called worlds best league and so called one of the best national teams.

U can go ahead and nit pick at little things u fail to see the point nationalllllll is called nationall for a reasonnn its called world Cup for a reasom to prove which nation is the best!! defies the whole point takin one of Main competitors top coaches to Train ur Team just cause urs are shitt. If capello wins anything with engalnd its tainted as they were led by an italian, but how proud would england as a nation feel with an english coach compared to cappello.

U must obviosuly not come from a big footballin nation as u would understand if u did, but hey i guess ull just have some More smart ass comments
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:41 pm

I am not talkin about every single individual I am talkin in general ofcourse some people will feel stronger than others

To ur second point again speakin general most players in that case wouldve germany again main word most not all.

And to ur last one yes mclaren failed i didnt say they would have magical powers being home grown u little smart ass i
Meant being from the country just gives the players somethin a foreign coach cant do and again my point has always been england should be able to supply there own damm coaches havin the so called worlds best league and so called one of the best national teams.

U can go ahead and nit pick at little things u fail to see the point nationalllllll is called nationall for a reasonnn its called world Cup for a reasom to prove which nation is the best!! defies the whole point takin one of Main competitors top coaches to Train ur Team just cause urs are shitt. If capello wins anything with engalnd its tainted as they were led by an italian, but how proud would england as a nation feel with an english coach compared to cappello.

U must obviosuly not come from a big footballin nation as u would understand if u did, but hey i guess ull just have some More smart ass comments
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:48 pm

michael1 wrote:I am not talkin about every single individual I am talkin in general ofcourse some people will feel stronger than others

drunken

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:53 pm

More embarassing than that is England's great squad and their complete inability to perform in top level competitions.

But yeah, most of that comes down to a horrible tactical approach due to shitty managers.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:59 pm

Give the job to Woy ***Cue laughing and criticism about his work with LFC***

He is among the best at grinding out results when working with limited talent comparable to his competition , ...sound like a familiar situation, anyone? As well, he even does it in a short amount of time which is key considering only two more years until Brazil once he gets the gig (not how quickly WBA turned it around under his watch).

As well, he's English.

Boom.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:04 pm

England is not "limited talent", though. There are also a lot of big name personalities and egos, which is Woy's weakness, IMO. If he couldn't handle big club pressure, he's not handling the England NT.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:06 pm

justdoit_ wrote:Give the job to Woy ***Cue laughing and criticism about his work with LFC***

He is among the best at grinding out results when working with limited talent comparable to his competition , ...sound like a familiar situation, anyone? As well, he even does it in a short amount of time which is key considering only two more years until Brazil once he gets the gig (not how quickly WBA turned it around under his watch).

As well, he's English.

Boom.

Hahaha

Nahhh redknapp has to be next after capello i really cant see anyone else unless ofcourse they go foreign again.

Allardyce could prob do the job but redknapp is better
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:20 pm

If those players won a WC with a foreign manager I hardly doubt they will be crying about the fact that they won it with a foreign coach.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:38 pm

Magricos wrote: If those players won a WC with a foreign manager I hardly doubt they will be crying about the fact that they won it with a foreign coach.

Of course the players wouldnt, were talkin about the fans here, they want to see an english manager.

I mean lets say redknapp led italy to win the world cup and we did, that tropy might as well be split half to england half to italy in my eyes as our players put it on the pitch but an englishmen told the team what to do which is just as important.

As a big footballin nation i expect italy to produce there own coaches.

As should england i mean they dont even give there coaches the chance to coach the top teams in there own league.

Just look at juve and milans coachs young bright italian managers who are given a chance to suceed, u wont see at a top club in england
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:44 pm

michael1 wrote:
Magricos wrote: If those players won a WC with a foreign manager I hardly doubt they will be crying about the fact that they won it with a foreign coach.

Of course the players wouldnt, were talkin about the fans here, they want to see an english manager.
Where do you get this from? Suspect

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:48 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:
michael1 wrote:

Ok yea the british love havin cappello as coach as most certainly wouldnt prefer one of there own
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:52 pm

Capello isn't coach of Britain and don't they just want good performances and a WC or Euro.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:56 pm

Dude honestly get over it u know what i meant
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:00 pm

Magricos wrote: Capello isn't coach of Britain and don't they just want good performances and a WC or Euro.

U guys are thick ill leave it at the english cpuld really learn something from the germans spanish and italians among other countries that do have a bit of pride and actually win things, of which england has neither, so obviously there desperate but hey they can go for gold who knows they might get lippi next lolll

That might please you 2
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:03 pm

It doesn't even matter to me who they get that's why I asked English fans opinion.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:04 pm

michael1 wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:
michael1 wrote:

Ok yea the british love havin cappello as coach as most certainly wouldnt prefer one of there own
I didn't claim they love to have/keep Capello as a coach. I wanted to know where you got the idea that the English fans would pick an English coach over Capello just for the sake of it?

I think they'd rather see someone qualified for the role regardless of nationality. If that happens to be an Englishman it's only a bonus.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:07 pm

Do u guys know how to make a poll on this forum we should make one just for the english on whether they want an english coach next or someone super qualified.

And well list 3 english candidates and 3 foreign what do use reckon ?
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:07 pm

michael1 wrote:
Magricos wrote: Capello isn't coach of Britain and don't they just want good performances and a WC or Euro.

U guys are thick ill leave it at the english cpuld really learn something from the germans spanish and italians among other countries that do have a bit of pride and actually win things, of which england has neither, so obviously there desperate but hey they can go for gold who knows they might get lippi next lolll

That might please you 2
Apropos thick, I like the way you butcher the Queen's English. She deserves it. Thumbs up

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:
michael1 wrote:

That might please you 2
Apropos thick, I like the way you butcher the Queen's English. She deserves it. Thumbs up

Dnt resort to pickin out spelling im doin this all of my iphone so excuse if it isnt spell checked
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:15 pm

michael1 wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:
michael1 wrote:

That might please you 2

Dnt resort to pickin out spelling im doin this all of my iphone so excuse if it isnt spell checked
Is "Make my grammar sh*te" a new app for the iPhone?

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:20 pm

Well done you clearly have nothing so now your resorting to spelling, way to go.

Ps. If you wanna grow up now and khow to make a poll as i suggested above please do.
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Do you know why we haven't got an English manager? Because non of them are any good. If we can't win things with Capello we will have no chance with someone like 'Arry.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:53 pm

aford92 wrote:Do you know why we haven't got an English manager? Because non of them are any good. If we can't win things with Capello we will have no chance with someone like 'Arry.

Well honestly if thats the kind of attitude englad has towards it coaches well then use will never have any truly wc coaches as they are never given a chance to prove themselves.
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next