Liverpool's Jamie Carragher: Having a foreign manager is 'embarrassing' for England

+13
Jay29
aford92
justdoit_
Sushi Master
Great Leader Sprucenuce
McLewis
Grande_Milano
EarlyPrototype
Magricos
kiranr
Senor Penguin
Art Morte
michael1
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Liverpool's Jamie Carragher: Having a foreign manager is 'embarrassing' for England - Page 3 Empty Re: Liverpool's Jamie Carragher: Having a foreign manager is 'embarrassing' for England

Post by michael1 Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:53 pm

aford92 wrote:Do you know why we haven't got an English manager? Because non of them are any good. If we can't win things with Capello we will have no chance with someone like 'Arry.

Well honestly if thats the kind of attitude englad has towards it coaches well then use will never have any truly wc coaches as they are never given a chance to prove themselves.

michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's Jamie Carragher: Having a foreign manager is 'embarrassing' for England - Page 3 Empty Re: Liverpool's Jamie Carragher: Having a foreign manager is 'embarrassing' for England

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:54 pm

aford92 wrote:Do you know why we haven't got an English manager? Because non of them are any good. If we can't win things with Capello we will have no chance with someone like 'Arry.

I'll be honest i dont care what nationality the next coach comes from anymore.....

All i care about is watching football that makes me want to watch and not fall asleep and young players being giving more of a chance than they currently are.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:59 pm

michael1 wrote:

Well honestly if thats the kind of attitude englad has towards it coaches well then use will never have any truly wc coaches as they are never given a chance to prove themselves.

Not at all, plenty of them get chances but non of them end up being anything special. When's the last time an English manager won a major competition?
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:07 pm

aford92 wrote:
michael1 wrote:

Not at all, plenty of them get chances but non of them end up being anything special. When's the last time an English manager won a major competition?

Thats fair enough but when was the last time an english coach was coaching one of the top teams in england ??

I dnt know this might just be me but i really would like u see u guys give ur coaches more of a shot.

Sure it might backfire but lets be honest its not like sven or capello has really done that great anyway so u might as well.
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:34 pm

There's a reason why no top club in England is managed by an Englishman. Not because they just don't fancy them, but because foreign coaches come with better coaching methods and better tactical brains.

Consider it like this: Harry Redknapp is perceived as the best English manager at the moment. He's not won a lot of major trophies, always plays the same formation regardless of club or players and is basically a one-dimensional manager. Speaks volumes of the standard of English managers.

The majority of English people probably would want an English manager to manage England, but then the majority of English people still seem to think that England's fallacies are all down to having a foreign manager, completely ignoring the fact that Steve McClaren flopped hard.

Personally, I just want a good manager who will look to play good football and give younger players opportunities to shine and not persist with the older players that haven't contributed in years.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:36 pm

What he said ^

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:25 am

Carragher is talking nonsense here imo.English media just want to get on the back of Capello ever since the world cup and using every chance to do that.I read few days back Carra will be given a role in the English NT setup when he retires so maybe he is trying to maintain a good relationship with Media ala 'Arry does often.

I mean if he really was emberassed why didnt he say that when Capello was appointed but now when Capello was criticized for a poor performance vs Welsh and England team is under pressure going into a tough qualifier.

English fans didnt exactly complain and were celebrating exuberantly when Andy flower coached to Ashes win last year in cricket.So i dont see why it will any different for football fans from England.

Ya i would think England fans would like to produce their own coaches but when they cant its pointless employing incompetent managers just because they are English.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:37 am

i do understand everyones point.

i can see that i think a little differently regarding this matter and maybe have just a bit to much pride, but i would take a crappy italian coach anyday over someone else.

here is a thought though, we know english coaches arent the best espcially tacticlly, while other big nations are ahead of the curve when it comes to there coaches.

why dont they get there coaching badges somewhere other than england as it obviously isnt good enough there.

u want ur coaches to be better why not go train where the best of them have come from rather than just hiring other countries coaches.
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:09 am

why dont they get there coaching badges somewhere other than england as it obviously isnt good enough there.

u want ur coaches to be better why not go train where the best of them have come from rather than just hiring other countries coaches.

Because they have no need to go abroad when they can get good training and job opportunities here in England. This is a much better option for English people than going abroad; whether they will became great coaches and managers means little in the grand scheme of things.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:48 am

I remember UAE awarded citizenship to a hoast of Sri Lankan, Pakistani players to qualify for the 1999 cricket WC.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:15 pm

having international football itself is embarassing

Fcuk all these non stories, if i was Rooney etc Id quit that 5hit on the spot

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3