Raptorgunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Arquitecto
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
cyberman
57 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Euros are a waste of time.. - Page 6 Empty Re: The Euros are a waste of time..

Post by cyberman Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:36 pm

so everything that fits in your opinion is common sense?
im using cold, hard numbers.

baseless assumptions are not common sense

lol where have utd lost glory hunting fans? barca are not a loved team.
our reveune stream is through the roof..rising ridiculous percentages every year. we lost cr7 but gained a chicharito
were signing brand spanking new sponsorship deals in asia and worldwide..our brand has grown 100%

but thats ok..baseless assumptions for the win..look at arq post..quoting figures out of his ass
how is that deemed relevent enough to post in a discussion lol?

who cares about india..i dont. india is not a template for the world

fact..utd are the biggest sports brand in asia

the point of this was utd do have a larger fanbase than the population of brazil..mpove the goalposts all you want
the fact you lot are quoting band wagon jumping international fans proves how out of date all that dewey eyes nonsense is.
brazil havent been good enough to band wagon jump for 10 years now..no-one band wagon

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

The Euros are a waste of time.. - Page 6 Empty Re: The Euros are a waste of time..

Post by cyberman Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:37 pm

a whole generation of new football fans have had no reason to follow brazil lol
out of date, baseless assumptions ftw!!!

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:38 pm

Here are some numbers of the German tv audience (all free tv) as comparison:

CL Finale 2009/10 (Bayern-Inter): 12.64 mio viewers
CL Semi 2010/11 (Schalke-ManUtd): 6.77 mio viewers
CL Finale 2010/11 (Barcelona-ManUtd): 5.7 mio viewers
CL Groups 2011/12 (Bayern-Villareal): 7.28 mio viewers
CL Groups 2011/12 (Marseille-BVB): 5.36 mio viewers

Women WC2011 Groups: Germany-Canada: 14.09 mio viewers
Women WC2011 Groups: Germany-Nigeria: 16.39 mio viewers
Women WC2011 Groups: Germany-France: 16.24 mio viewers
Women WC2011 QF: Germany-Japan: 16.94 mio viewers
Women WC2011 Finale: USA-Japan: 15.34 mio viewers

2011 Friendly match Germany-Uruguay: 7.99 mio viewers
2011 EC Qualification Turkey-Germany: 11.54 mio viewers

WC 2010:
13. June 2010: Germany - Australia 27.91 mio viewers
23. June 2010: Ghana - Germany 29.19 mio viewers
18. June 2010: Germany - Serbia 22.01 mio viewers

27. June 2010 Germany - England 25.57 mio viewers
3. July 2010 Argentinia - Germany 25.95 mio viewers
7. July 2010: Germany - Spain 31.10 mio viewers

10. July 2010: Germany - Uruguay 23.62 mio viewers
11. July 2010: Netherlands - Spain 25.11 mio viewers

Last edited by rwo power on Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:40 pm

Who knows Paul scholes? I bet 99.99%% of united fans in asia dont know about him.They still thinks cristiano is in United :facepalm: ,should i say more?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:41 pm

how are those figures relevent? womens football is stupidly popular in germany ffs
all these 1 off templates mean nothing to me

many people watch these international tournaments..who denied this?

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:41 pm

Brazil is just an example, Cyber. All those bandwaggon fans easily jump ship to Spain, Germany or Holland without much problem.

The point is, international football is watched by a hell lot of more people than club football. These sort of people make up the majority of watchers, because sadly die-hard football fans are limited.

So International football is not going anywhere and will have more fame, prestige and all those things the WC is assosiated with.

Last edited by Sushi Master on Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:42 pm

The manyooo fans in asia dont know more than cristiano or rooney sbout manchester let alone their actual legends.. Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:42 pm

Copa America figures were usually low because the tournament is played at inconvenient time schedules for Asian countries.

Why not compare the television figures for World cup final 2010 and last year's Cl final?

Its clear u dont know jack about asian support and viewing figures world over so stop embarrassing urself.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:44 pm

cyberman wrote:so everything that fits in your opinion is common sense?
im using cold, hard numbers.

baseless assumptions are not common sense

lol where have utd lost glory hunting fans? barca are not a loved team.
our reveune stream is through the roof..rising ridiculous percentages every year. we lost cr7 but gained a chicharito
were signing brand spanking new sponsorship deals in asia and worldwide..our brand has grown 100%

but thats ok..baseless assumptions for the win..look at arq post..quoting figures out of his ass
how is that deemed relevent enough to post in a discussion lol?

fact..utd are the biggest sports brand in asia

the point of this was utd do have a larger fanbase than the population of brazil..mpove the goalposts all you want
the fact you lot are quoting band wagon jumping international fans proves how out of date all that dewey eyes nonsense is.
brazil havent been good enough to band wagon jump for 10 years now..no-one band wagon

You clearly did not understand my post.

There is nowhere where I deny United's fanbase nor the revenue earned from it.

I simply touch upon a fact that United's fanbase exists, yet is not actually being followed closely by the millions of fans within India, and more so Asia.

I'm simply touching upon the phenomena on how United have become more of a brand then a team and a large chunk of the Asian support could not actually give a rats ass on what actually happens to them.

Don't believe me? Ask the Asian populace over here.

It can't be proven by numbers.

The support is there on paper, but not in loyalty and actual interest in whats actually going on.

Over there it is ridiculous on how ignorant they are to the team they actually support.

The United to Barca jump? Ask the asian populace again..

But United is THE global footballing brand no doubt.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:44 pm

adit, thats the most retarded post ive read in a long while kid

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:46 pm

cyberman wrote:how are those figures relevent? womens football is stupidly popular in germany ffs
all these 1 off templates mean nothing to me

many people watch these international tournaments..who denied this?
The point is - Euros are NOT a waste of time. q.e.d.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:48 pm

cyberman wrote:

Well we have one sixth of world population and have 3rd highest in purchasing power.

So yes a lot of Brands cares hugely about India including United even if u are deluded.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:49 pm

lad you know more about manyoooo fans in asia than me?

80% only knows the club name,ask them to name one manchester utd player they will tell you CRISTIANO Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:51 pm

ah.. so the copa america figures are low and heres an excuse why!!!
many people watch WCs, who said anything different? but theres a difference between many watching when theres no other football on and actually supporting the team involved.
i watch the super bowl, but i dont give a damn who wins and forget about it 1 hour later
i watch el classico as many do..biggest viewing audience in the world....but utd still have a larger fan base than both
My girlfriend knows every word to the rihanna / eminem collaberation last year, but shes never bought an eminem record
legends arent made at the WC because its forgotten soon after. whos still talking about hollands run? theyre at this minute tearing up their qualifying group..where are their legends?
well done india btw...bla bla bla etc.
utd are the most popular brand in asia and still havent cracked india? so how important are india then?
jpog it on son

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:52 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:Why not compare the television figures for World cup final 2010 and last year's Cl final?
Here you have the figures for the finales from German free TV:

WC2010 Finale: Netherlands - Spain 25.11 mio viewers
WWC2011 Finale: USA-Japan: 15.34 mio viewers

Last edited by rwo power on Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:53 pm

Adit wrote:lad you know more about manyoooo fans in asia than me?

80% only knows the club name,ask them to name one manchester utd player they will tell you CRISTIANO Laughing

Tbf to United its not only their fans.Most fans here dont even know the name of the ground they play.

An Arsenal fan few weeks back asked me why is Arsenal fans cheering Henry in Emirates cup.Its the same for Liverppol or Chelsea or Barca or Madrid or United.

Its kinda funny though
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:59 pm

rwo power wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:Why not compare the television figures for World cup final 2010 and last year's Cl final?

Exactly my point.U cant even compare the popularity of world cup with any other spectacle in most parts.

Women world cup figures are a bit of a surprise to me tbh.Are they usually that high in Germany or is it an one-off because Germany were hosts?Just a doubt though
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:00 pm

Club legends are forgotten within years while WC legends lives long.

the word ronaldo is more famous than the word manchester...
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:04 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
rwo power wrote:

Exactly my point.U cant even compare the popularity of world cup with any other spectacle in most parts.

Women world cup figures are a bit of a surprise to me tbh.Are they usually that high in Germany or is it an one-off because Germany were hosts?Just a doubt though
Well, in Germany the figures for women's matches are high enough that the TV stations decided to broadcast all matches of the women's NT, even friendlies, nowadays.

As for the CL figures - I included the Bayern-Inter finale here as matches with German participation are of course drawing higher viewer numbers than matches without German participation. In view of that I found the WWC finale figure astounding as it was between Japan and USA while Germany were already out and sulking.

I wonder if someone can post the figures for Spain, England, Italy, and Netherlands, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:11 pm

To point out, George Best is a Top 10 player of all time. Still though international football matters.

Maradona would ve been just as good as Ronaldinho if not for his NT performances
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:19 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:To point out, George Best is a Top 10 player of all time. Still though international football matters.

Erm so who u think are the other 9 players?

And just out of curiosity where would u rate Kenny Dalglish considering he had a far better club career.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:31 pm

I have not seen many players, but good statistical analysis here:
http://footballpantheon.com/2011/09/the-100-greatest-players-of-all-time/

I know a premface site, but they rated Dalglish at 50 something, and are yet to list Best, my money is he will be top 10-15
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:48 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:I have not seen many players, but good statistical analysis here:

I know a premface site, but they rated Dalglish at 50 something, and are yet to list Best, my money is he will be top 10-15

Nah it would be laughable if Best is placed at 10-15 and Dalglish is placed at 50.So i dont think the site is worth mentioning tbh.

Anyway i am asking why would u place Best among the top 10 footballers of all time.For what achievement really? Considering he wasnt even particularly successful even at Club level compared with most other great players.

He had one great season and a couple good seasons in Europe and never played in world cup by all accounts.So are u saying he deserves to be an top 10 all time great because he had few good league seasons?

It seems he is rated for some sort of legendary myth rather than performance on the field.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:51 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:I have not seen many players, but good statistical analysis here:

Henry at 70?

scratch
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:57 pm

best top 10?......

Beckenbauer,Pele,Maradona,Marco Van Basten,Platini,Zico,R9,Cruyff,Garrincha are 10 players who are better than him on the top of my head
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:57 pm

As I havent seen Best, I can only refer to opinions on him. Pele and other great players said he was exceptional. Also, I cant confirm, but he was the best player in United squad to lead them to CL
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next