Ă–MARz
BarrileteCosmico
El Chelsea Fuerte
Albiceleste
27 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Do you agree with capital punishment?

Today (8/10) is World Day Against the Death Penalty - Page 4 Vote_lcap53%Today (8/10) is World Day Against the Death Penalty - Page 4 Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 20 ]
Today (8/10) is World Day Against the Death Penalty - Page 4 Vote_lcap42%Today (8/10) is World Day Against the Death Penalty - Page 4 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 16 ]
Today (8/10) is World Day Against the Death Penalty - Page 4 Vote_lcap5%Today (8/10) is World Day Against the Death Penalty - Page 4 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 38

Today (8/10) is World Day Against the Death Penalty - Page 4 Empty Re: Today (8/10) is World Day Against the Death Penalty

Post by Art Morte Wed 12 Oct - 9:36:53

Well, I, too, think that capital punishment is sometimes too light.

Take suicide bombers for example: They are willing to end their own life while taking many innocent people with them as well. Say one of them is captured alive; our most vicious punishment to him is death? That's what he was planning to do to himself anyway!!

Or other evil people, who want to kill themselves, but before doing so kill some others, too. If you capture them alive and order a death penalty on them, you're completing their original plan, not punishing them.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Today (8/10) is World Day Against the Death Penalty - Page 4 Empty Re: Today (8/10) is World Day Against the Death Penalty

Post by BeautifulGame Wed 12 Oct - 11:34:11

Art Morte wrote:Well, I, too, think that capital punishment is sometimes too light.

Or other evil people, who want to kill themselves, but before doing so kill some others, too. If you capture them alive and order a death penalty on them, you're completing their original plan, not punishing them.

Unless i am wrong ur opinion is that they deserve the highest punishment but just differ that Capital punishment isnt the highest punishment and they deserve far more severe punishment? Correct if i have interpreted wrongly though?

Take suicide bombers for example: They are willing to end their own life while taking many innocent people with them as well. Say one of them is captured alive; our most vicious punishment to him is death? That's what he was planning to do to himself anyway!!

Perhaps true for brainwashed suicide bombers.But not for those who master mind or plot those suicide bombings and brainwash others.They fear death punishment more than any other punishment admissable under laws available at the moment.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sat 15 Oct - 22:37:15

I think its circumstantial on the culture of the country.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ToEy Tue 25 Oct - 23:26:14

ali8775 wrote:the intelligence level on this forum has dropped...

it used to be about 50 votes for against and 6 votes for...

So anyone that agrees with capital punishment = stupid? Without capital punishment the world will be messier than it is now.

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Wed 26 Oct - 5:39:35

A purpose of a punishment is to 'punish'. To make them suffer as their victims have suffered.

So IMO having an extremely light punishment for crimes is meaningless. A strong punishment not only attempts to make them pay for their actions, but also serves as an example for those who intend to try it in the future
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by ToEy Wed 26 Oct - 9:46:58

Soul wrote:A purpose of a punishment is to 'punish'. To make them suffer as their victims have suffered.

So IMO having an extremely light punishment for crimes is meaningless. A strong punishment not only attempts to make them pay for their actions, but also serves as an example for those who intend to try it in the future

As much as I want to see serial killers and drug lords suffer for 5 years and then finally die, it is just not cost effective to do so, a waste of tax payer's money to spend on torturing them if you get what I mean. Someone mentioned Singapore, I live there and I dont really find the laws draconic, the reason why they are working so well is because yes, the laws are harsh, and the people there has a lot to lose if they were to commit crimes. The more one has to lose, the lesser probability one will commit crime.

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4