Grande_Milano
BiasedMilanFan3
Great Leader Sprucenuce
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Batman Arkham City  Empty Batman Arkham City

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:28 pm

I for one cant wait for this game and had it on pre-order for months, now the reviews are flooding in Very Happy

Ign 9.5

Batman: Arkham City isn't perfect, but listing the little things I didn't like gets in the way of all the stuff I adored. The voice acting, the challenges, the amazing opening, the unbelievable ending and the feeling of being the Dark Knight -- these are the things that standout looking back. I've beaten this thing twice and still want to call in sick and chase Riddler Trophies.
Batman: Arkham City isn't just better than Batman: Arkham Asylum, it's better than most games on the market

Video Gamer 10/10

It doesn't take the world's greatest detective to spot that this is an expertly crafted adventure, one that maintains a breathtaking pace and invigorating rhythm from beginning to end. Dizzyingly extensive and lovingly detailed, Rocksteady has created an intricate, spirited and unequalled playground worthy of one of the most iconic characters in modern fiction.

Game Informer 10/10

This game could be one of the biggest and most enjoyable time sinks of the year. Arkham City not only lives up to the standards set by Arkham Asylum, it bests its predecessor in every way and stands tall as one of Batman's greatest moments.

Playstation Official Magazine Australia 10/10

Just so there's no confusion, let's state it plain: Batman: Arkham City is not only the best superhero game ever made, it's one of the best games ever made full-stop. Batman: Arkham City takes the already superlative original and gloriously expands on it. It's a deeper game, more complex, more inventive, more mature. In our view it brings the caped crusader's world to life better than any comic, movie, or television show before it ... To say it one last time: this is what it means to be Batman. And when it comes down to it, who the hell doesn't want to be Batman?

Eurogamer 9/10

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-14-batman-arkham-city-review?page=3

I am linking thier review because thier reviews are awesome :bow:

CVG.COM 9.5/10

Rocksteady elevated the status of the superhero game with Asylum to a place that commands respect from notoriously hard to please comic book fans. With Arkham City, the studio clearly overcame any added pressure quickly and waded into the sequel with confidence.

It's a belief in the character and, most importantly, a belief in itself that has seen the studio deliver one of the greatest Batman interpretations of all time. And you know what? Maybe even one of the best games ever.

Gamesradar 10/10

We’ve tried to describe as much of Batman: Arkham City’s awesomeness in this review as possible, but there’s so little space and so much more to admire. The epic, soaring music. The arguably greatest graphics of the year so far. The predictably stellar voice acting, but with a particularly perverse performance by Mark Hamill as the Joker and especially enjoyable take by Nolan North on the Penguin. The menus filled with bonus short stories that address any questions you might have assumed were left unanswered. The Riddler’s Revenge mode that challenges you to clear a room of enemies using specific equipment or strategy. The clever little choices, like having the Bat signal be your custom waypoint marker. Even the bosses are cool!
The worst part of Arkham City, then, is wondering and worrying once more what Rocksteady can possibly do to top it for a third game. We can’t wait to find out.

Batman: Arkham Asylum was the greatest superhero game of all time. The sequel, Batman: Arkham City, is five times bigger and about a billion times better. You do the math.

Gamespot 9/10

But more than anything else, it's your adventures and explorations in the city of Arkham itself that make this game extraordinary. The game's boss fights look dangerous and spectacular, but they're disappointingly easy, and on occasion, context-sensitive actions may thwart your efforts. You might intend to evade an enemy attack, for instance, but instead your button press makes Batman slowly disable some device as bullets are shredding your health. But these criticisms are nitpicks in a game that does so much so well. From the speedy exhilaration of soaring high above the streets to the atmospheric thrill of discovering long-forgotten secrets in the tunnels below Gotham, this is an unforgettable adventure that will keep you coming back to the cape and cowl long after you've seen the credits roll.

Joystiq 4.5/5

the mechanical excellence and obsessive attention to environmental detail which surprised in Asylum have only been refined in City, and that's no easy task. Rocksteady has made the greatest Batman game ever crafted, and they've done that before. But breathing life into a staggeringly beautiful world; one which hums not only with opportunity, but ambition? That's a new trick altogether.

Edge 9/10

So if Arkham Asylum was defined by its limits, Arkham City is a careful, considered exercise in stripping those limits away. Its open city lets players be a different kind of Batman to the stealthy predator of Asylum – this is the Batman of dropped smoke pellets and theatrical getaways, the Batman with an ear to the ground for the strong picking on the weak, and the Batman who floats above the city with a gothic majesty.

1UP- A

Controlling Batman as he completely terrorizes his victims, whether via the invisible predator gameplay or the brutal combat, is an experience rivaled by few others. From its memorable Bourne Identity-esque opening to its shocking ending, Batman: Arkham City secures its place as my favorite superhero game since Freedom Force.

Giant Bomb 5/5

It might not rewrite the book on Batman video games, but when you're building off of such a strong position--and you're only shipping the second game with such similarities, rather than a third or fourth--it's hard to bicker too much about what changes the developers did or didn't make.

Gametrailers video review
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-batman-arkham/722268

Last edited by Immaculate_Mole on Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:27 pm; edited 6 times in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Batman Arkham City  Empty Re: Batman Arkham City

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:31 pm

UGH
There are many other games i'll be getting before but still gonna get it

Arkham Asylum was surpisingly amazing for a comic book based video game
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:32 pm

Heroes 6 smoking
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:33 pm

i must admit i was waiting on ign at 2 for the review to come up. Arkham assylum and red dead redemption are easily the best games i have ever played.
i've heard some rather interesting news regarding the joker for this game which i wont elaborate on.
comes out next friday here i think cannot wait. the begining and ending are said to be some of the best in video game history, i cant wait to find out
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:37 pm

Oh yeah guys, if there is a plot twist, do the whole [spoiler) [/spoiler) thingo
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:41 pm

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:Oh yeah guys, if there is a plot twist, do the whole [spoiler) [/spoiler) thingo

I dont plan to post any spoilers anyway as i dont need to post something like that on a forum to get it off my chest lmao, but i understand why someone might so good call i might add it too the thread title actually.....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:39 pm

Those are some great scores. The one game I am looking forward to is Uncharted 3, which comes out on November 1st. After I complete that, I will def pick this one up. Arkum Asylum was a very enjoyable game.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:48 pm

I cant wait,Asylum is one of my favorite game ever,got a Platinum for it on the Ps3
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:42 pm

Ganso wrote:I cant wait,Asylum is one of my favorite game ever,got a Platinum for it on the Ps3

Me too it was my favourite game of that year i spent months playing it......

replaying it, doing the challenges, getting the riddler trophys/challenges etc etc, simply cannot wait.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:49 pm

This game looks awesome, can't wait, especially considering how epic the first one was. It's going to be a great next 30 days: Arkham City, Battlefield 3, InFamous 2, Uncharted 3, MW3, Elder Scrolls.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:35 pm

Reading those reviews made me want this even more!

I can't wait.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:28 pm

Added Giant Bomb, 1UP, Edge, Joystiq, Gamespot, Gamesradar and CVG reviews to OP
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:30 pm

its only coming out next month for PC :facepalm:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:53 pm

Dark Souls will probably be twice as enjoyable as this one.

As good as Arkham City was, the game-play was very shallow after al the glamor fazes out.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:Dark Souls will probably be twice as enjoyable as this one.

As good as Arkham City was, the game-play was very shallow after al the glamor fazes out.

Never heard of the game till now. Looks good though.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:28 pm

got a 9.5 on Gamespot,thats super rare.If it is as good as Demon's Soul,then it must be great
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:37 pm

Ganso wrote:got a 9.5 on Gamespot,thats super rare.If it is as good as Demon's Soul,then it must be great

Dont about that, Gears 3 got a 9.5 Very Happy

Now a 9.5 in Eurogamer that's super rare
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:49 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Ganso wrote:got a 9.5 on Gamespot,thats super rare.If it is as good as Demon's Soul,then it must be great

Dont about that, Gears 3 got a 9.5 Very Happy

Now a 9.5 in Eurogamer that's super rare
which was the game that got 9.5 before GoW3?lol

they always give 9.0 to good games
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:45 pm

Will definitely play it. It's funny I just beat Arkham Asylum a few months ago. So I have the game fresh in my memory Afro
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbyV Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:55 am

HEH I got the game! heh!!!

smoking
RobbyV
RobbyV
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Flamengo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:11 pm

Just found out that someone from the Newcastle-online forum( the biggest NUFC forum) actually worked on this game.......

:bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:15 am

I want this game inside me.

Doesn't help that I'm a total Batman fan boy either.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:17 am

Zealous wrote:I want this game inside me.

Doesn't help that I'm a total Batman fan boy either.

LOL, you and i think alike as always banana

Been using my time outside of work and gym by watching Animated series of Batman banana

I hope it comes tomorrow if so i might need some lube to assist me banana
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:16 pm

pre ordered mine from tesco. steelbook edition with joker dlc £37. Having my CSCS exam tomorow morning then straight to tesco to collect this badboy. unfortunately i spoiled most of the game for myself by looking at the youtube videos, im like a kid on xmas eve.
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:43 pm

DagenhamDave wrote:pre ordered mine from tesco. steelbook edition with joker dlc £37. Having my CSCS exam tomorow morning then straight to tesco to collect this badboy. unfortunately i spoiled most of the game for myself by looking at the youtube videos, im like a kid on xmas eve.

IAM PLAYING IT ATM banana
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next