The Nature Boy
rwo power
Ganso
Zealous
Sushi Master
21 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Why are poachers underrated? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are poachers underrated?

Post by Babun Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:46 am

Lord Spencer wrote:No, my argument is that needs the team. Robbery were just the best creative links. But they wouldn't be of any use either if it were not for the Solid Bastian, and the really underrated Muller.

Strikers are expensive because of marketing tactics, and the way the end product is being constantly displayed since there is no method to display the complete build up. Put ant star striker into Lecce, and I guarantee they wouldn't be able to drag that team past the mid-table.

And it is 39 goals. 28 in the league, and 11 assists in the league from Ribery. 11/28 is quite good.

I am no means using it to belittle Gomez. Kudos to him for a great year, and if he does it again, and I think he will, I will be the first to say he is the greatest striker today.

Usually strikers get 3-4 years where they are on the top of their game. Gomez started the first, and let us see if he continues the run.
He scored 35 goals fro Stuttgart in their Bundesliga winning season Very Happy First year? eco smile You're kidding. To put it on the table he scored more goals per game in the last 5 years than Rooney with worse teams Very Happy Or do you consider Manu weak? Very Happy

Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:51 am

So Gomez' greatness is affirmed, just that you need time to confirm WC status so he's not written off as a one season wonder. I can live with that. cheers

Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:55 am

Sushi Master wrote:So Gomez' greatness is affirmed, just that you need time to confirm WC status so he's not written off as a one season wonder. I can live with that. cheers

No, we need Lord Spencer'S stamp somewhere on Godmez b*** to affirm his class before last year Very Happy High quality good made in Germany... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:09 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:Manchester City = Aguero & Dzeko (Technical striker)

Bayern Munich = Gomez (Typical Poacher)

Bayern Munich 2:0 Man City 0, match decided by a poacher.
Gomez 2 goals.

See what I did there

Bayren is a gelled team filled with motivated player who work for the team.
City filled with overpayed above average players, and primaddona's who never functioned as a team.

Victory is a team sport, but I get your point.

Poachers ultimately may decide whether the team's effort count for something or not. You can huff and puff for 90 minutes but you will have nothing to show for it if you didn't score.
You're deluded if you think that Godmez doesn't contribute to team efforts Very Happy Take him away and Robbery would be starved from space because he makes 2 CBs busy all the time and still manages to score Very Happy

And if you take away Robbery Gomez will be isolated up front. I said its a team effort, I did not claim Gomez did not contribute to the team effort.
If he contributes to the team effort then he isn't just a poacher. See the contradiction to your earlier post? Very Happy
He carried Bayern when both Robbery were injured. If you come up with Godmez can't do anything on his own, Bayern reached CL qualification this way (without Robbery for most part of last year and with a horrible defence) Very Happy

But it was not me who introduced the term poacher, as I was responding to Idris who introduced the term. So I did not contradict myself by using another guys term.

And don't lie, Gomez made 27 league appearance and Ribbery a part of the two wingers was present in 22 games, and in those games had 11 assists most of them to Gomez. Not to mention the big part Muller and Bastian played in that team. To pretend that Gomez is the single reason Bayern are in the CL is because of Gomez is both ignorant and stupid. As Gomez strongest return came when the team was bossing after the winter break.

The whole Ideal of this dialogue is that Gomez is a poacher but not just a poacher.

I dont know if you understand that, ok lets keep it elementary.

1 Poacher Striker.

2 Technical Striker.

Aguero = Technical Striker but no Poacher Instinct

Gomez = Poaching and also technique.

Did you see what I tried to do there...?

So Gomez is not just a poacher but his also a poacher with technical ability

His not just poacher in the sense that he contribute to both team play and individual play.

Your argument was that he doesn't contribute to team play and Babun showed you he does.

Gomez poacher.

My argument was that Poacher can win matches as oppose to the myth that only technical gifted players can win matches

Funny how people never realise that Poachers win matches on their own most of the time and technical gifted players win it on their own once in a while

Last edited by Idrisozet on Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:17 am

babun1024 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:No, my argument is that needs the team. Robbery were just the best creative links. But they wouldn't be of any use either if it were not for the Solid Bastian, and the really underrated Muller.

Strikers are expensive because of marketing tactics, and the way the end product is being constantly displayed since there is no method to display the complete build up. Put ant star striker into Lecce, and I guarantee they wouldn't be able to drag that team past the mid-table.

And it is 39 goals. 28 in the league, and 11 assists in the league from Ribery. 11/28 is quite good.

I am no means using it to belittle Gomez. Kudos to him for a great year, and if he does it again, and I think he will, I will be the first to say he is the greatest striker today.

Usually strikers get 3-4 years where they are on the top of their game. Gomez started the first, and let us see if he continues the run.
He scored 35 goals fro Stuttgart in their Bundesliga winning season Very Happy First year? Why are poachers underrated? - Page 3 2222139670 You're kidding. To put it on the table he scored more goals per game in the last 5 years than Rooney with worse teams Very Happy Or do you consider Manu weak? Very Happy

Meh, Borrielo scored 25 goals for Genoa, but he is a shit striker. Some lucky striker gets into the top strikers in weak teams because they are the fulcrum of their teams.

The 3-4 years I spoke of is usually continuous. Gomez's had a bad year in between. While his Stuttgart season was certainly impressive, it is his Bayern run that will ultimately judge his career.

I don't know why you treat this as if I am attacking German football, and the German league. As I am simply seeing you too much overhyping of players, and some are going to become average. Gomez is a great player, and don't get me wrong, but I think this season will be a career defining season. Owen had 3 class seasons with Liverpool and even won a ballo d'or, but his career went up in flames.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:21 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

He scored 35 goals fro Stuttgart in their Bundesliga winning season Very Happy First year? Why are poachers underrated? - Page 3 2222139670 You're kidding. To put it on the table he scored more goals per game in the last 5 years than Rooney with worse teams Very Happy Or do you consider Manu weak? Very Happy

Meh, Borrielo scored 25 goals for Genoa, but he is a shit striker. Some lucky striker gets into the top strikers in weak teams because they are the fulcrum of their teams.

The 3-4 years I spoke of is usually continuous. Gomez's had a bad year in between. While his Stuttgart season was certainly impressive, it is his Bayern run that will ultimately judge his career.

I don't know why you treat this as if I am attacking German football, and the German league. As I am simply seeing you too much overhyping of players, and some are going to become average. Gomez is a great player, and don't get me wrong, but I think this season will be a career defining season. Owen had 3 class seasons with Liverpool and even won a ballo d'or, but his career went up in flames.

Yet again lets keep elementary.

1 Borrielo scored 25 goals for Genoa in one season.

2 Gomez has been doing it for the past 5 years

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:22 am

Idrisozet wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

Gomez 2 goals.

See what I did there

City filled with overpayed above average players, and primaddona's who never functioned as a team.

Poachers ultimately may decide whether the team's effort count for something or not. You can huff and puff for 90 minutes but you will have nothing to show for it if you didn't score.
You're deluded if you think that Godmez doesn't contribute to team efforts Very Happy Take him away and Robbery would be starved from space because he makes 2 CBs busy all the time and still manages to score Very Happy

And if you take away Robbery Gomez will be isolated up front. I said its a team effort, I did not claim Gomez did not contribute to the team effort.
If he contributes to the team effort then he isn't just a poacher. See the contradiction to your earlier post? Very Happy
He carried Bayern when both Robbery were injured. If you come up with Godmez can't do anything on his own, Bayern reached CL qualification this way (without Robbery for most part of last year and with a horrible defence) Very Happy

But it was not me who introduced the term poacher, as I was responding to Idris who introduced the term. So I did not contradict myself by using another guys term.

And don't lie, Gomez made 27 league appearance and Ribbery a part of the two wingers was present in 22 games, and in those games had 11 assists most of them to Gomez. Not to mention the big part Muller and Bastian played in that team. To pretend that Gomez is the single reason Bayern are in the CL is because of Gomez is both ignorant and stupid. As Gomez strongest return came when the team was bossing after the winter break.

The whole Ideal of this dialogue is that Gomez is a poacher but not just a poacher.

1 Poacher Striker.

2 Technical Striker.

His not poacher in the sense that he contribute to both team play and individual play.

Your argument was that he doesn't contribute to team play and Babun showed you he does.

Gomez poacher.

My argument was that Poacher can win matches as oppose to the myth that only technical gifted players can win matches

I never said that Gomez was a poacher, you said it, and I used your term.

It don't think Gomez is a poacher, I think he is a regular striker, with uncanny poaching instincts. He is well rounded, and has the extra ability to poach when he needs to. He is not an Inzaghi-like player. And I never said it, don't act as if I did. I DID NOT *bleep* ARGUE THAT GOMEZ DOES NOT CONTRIBUTE TO THE TEAM. I argued that saying Gomez is dragging the team is ridicilous, since the team drags each other.

Every post I describe him play I said he is adding more to his game-play than his days at Stuttgart. Why are you ignoring that.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:25 am

Owen had more than 3 good seasons at Pool.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:28 am

Idrisozet wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

Yet again lets keep elementary.

1 Borrielo scored 25 goals for Genoa in one season.

2 Gomez has been doing it for the past 5 years

Gomez had 5 Seasons. One good, one outstanding, on great, one meh, and another great..

Borriello had two "great" season with Genoa.

The Stuttgart days are not going to factor much in the next years Ballon d'or, but it is last year and this year. I did not argue that Gomez was shit for five years, I argued that Gomez was good for five years, two of which were great, and is going to have this year as the pinnacle year. Sorry, but you can't argue that with him being an important part in both Bayern and Germany squads, that this is not going to be the most important year for him so far. What he did for the last five years would either be seen at a brighter or darker light depending on his performance this year.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:30 am

Modern age poachers have to be much more balanced than before. Pure goalscoring goal machines are of other ages.

This makes them overall better players.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:32 am

Magricos wrote: Owen had more than 3 good seasons at Pool.

He had three great Seasons back to back, which is what I meant. He had 8 season, of which only one was sub-par. And yet he is staring at hi career from such lows when he was on such heights. Stupidest career move in football yet.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:34 am

He still scores goals when he gets the odd chance at Utd. I think he can still do the job but he chose to stay at Utd.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:35 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

Gomez 2 goals.

See what I did there

1 Poacher Striker.

2 Technical Striker.

His not poacher in the sense that he contribute to both team play and individual play.

Gomez poacher.

It don't think Gomez is a poacher, I think he is a regular striker, with uncanny poaching instincts. He is well rounded, and has the extra ability to poach when he needs to. He is not an Inzaghi-like player. And I never said it, don't act as if I did. I DID NOT *bleep* ARGUE THAT GOMEZ DOES NOT CONTRIBUTE TO THE TEAM. I argued that saying Gomez is dragging the team is ridicilous, since the team drags each other.

Every post I describe him play I said he is adding more to his game-play than his days at Stuttgart. Why are you ignoring that.

1 Gomez is a poacher but not just a pusher.

E.G Messi a striker and also a winger, did you get that.

Thats your post In reference to Gomez.

WHAT IS YOU ARGUMENT THEN

1st YOU SAY POACHER DONT CONTRIBUTE TO TEAM PLAY.

2ND GOMEZ HAS NO TECHNIQUE

WHAT IS YOUR POINT....?

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:47 am

Idrisozet wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

Gomez 2 goals.

See what I did there

1 Poacher Striker.

2 Technical Striker.

Gomez poacher.

WHAT IS YOUR POINT....?

Oh my god, I never said a poacher does not contribute to team play. NEVER said it. One of the main thing a classic poacher used to do is keep defenders busy which is contribution enough. There are very few classic poachers around. Gomes is not one of them. I did not argue Gomez had no technique, where did I argue that/ Do you imagine stuff Idris, seriously bro.

That point was a general statement about the poaching class. It basically says;

"The team can charge after charge after charge, and if they don't have anyone with poaching abilities to finish the half-balls, they probably will have nothing to show for their superiority"

I was defending poachers you numskull. GOD you make me so angry, nothing in that sentence had anything about Gomez being a pure poacher, and Gomez having no technique. How is making the team's effort count for something not contributing to the team.

This basically says that you have been riding my ass all this time over a reading comprehension error, WHICH ALSO STARTED THE MULLER DEBATE.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:52 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

Gomez 2 goals.

See what I did there

1 Poacher Striker.

2 Technical Striker.

Gomez poacher.

WHAT IS YOUR POINT....?

Oh my god, I never said a poacher does not contribute to team play. NEVER said it. One of the main thing a classic poacher used to do is keep defenders busy which is contribution enough. There are very few classic poachers around. Gomes is not one of them. I did not argue Gomez had no technique, where did I argue that/ Do you imagine stuff Idris, seriously bro.

That point was a general statement about the poaching class. It basically says;

"The team can charge after charge after charge, and if they don't have anyone with poaching abilities to finish the half-balls, they probably will have nothing to show for their superiority"

I was defending poachers you numskull. GOD you make me so angry, nothing in that sentence had anything about Gomez being a pure poacher, and Gomez having no technique. How is making the team's effort count for something not contributing to the team.

This basically says that you have been riding my ass all this time over a reading comprehension error, WHICH ALSO STARTED THE MULLER DEBATE.

What is your argument in regards to Gomez, I dont have the time go back and check all your post.

But I will do it anyways.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:55 am

Lord spencer

But Gomez only started performing last year for the both club and country.

Also, the class of the German NT is far above the England NT that its not fair comparing the two based on NT performance. Bottom line is that Gomez needs to keep this up for two years before even being spoken off among the best in the game yet.

Rooneu despite my dislike for him have been performing consistently at a high level for more than five years. Gomez was a joke before last years, and best of luck, but more time is needed before accurately judging him.

And this is only by using the brute unreliable goals/assists record of two different leagues without taking into account the level of competition, the overall contribution to the team, the position.

Gomez had one year better than Rooney, and suddenly he is as proven as Rooney.

UNDER-CONSTRUCTION.

Last edited by Idrisozet on Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:56 am

My single argument regarding Gomez is that this is the year he needs to perform to convince everyone he is WC. You are not there yet if not 80% + of people think you are.

Truth is based on perception. I never had any argument regarding Gomez's skill-set or anything. In .t, I used to buy and make Gomez in every PES copy I owned because I like his frakking playstyle (PES does not have him licensed.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:58 am

See my whole point is not that Gomez is not great, but that he needs to be great for more time to become as so.

Once you can no longer said to be hyped, you have reached it. And IMO Rooney was a bad example, because he is really on the boundary of that line.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:03 am

Also, Bayren were crap defensively but the attacking unit was functioning fine. To say that an Inzaghi-like striker dragged his team to CL is laughable at best. Someone must have assisted all those goal, suddenly they don't deserve credit because you want to prove a point.

LORD Spencer do you realised that you post this
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:08 am

Idrisozet wrote:Also, Bayren were crap defensively but the attacking unit was functioning fine. To say that an Inzaghi-like striker dragged his team to CL is laughable at best. Someone must have assisted all those goal, suddenly they don't deserve credit because you want to prove a point.

I will admit to it and say I am wrong, although I wrote it in the spur of the moment, and every other post I made contradicted that piece of information.

I have no problem admitting that was wrong for me to say, but it is not what I really think. I responded with anger to you dismissing the whole Bayern squad to prove a point. And I assume you only did that because you were angry as well.

My thoughts on the matter are what I said most of the time, and not what I said in one post.

I normally wouldn't say any striker is Inzaghi-like, Inzaghi is unique Why are poachers underrated? - Page 3 2859867778

My main point is the above posts.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:10 am

Do you even realise Gomez was German footballer of the year as far back as 2007, when he was still 22.

why did Bayern pay so much money for him
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:10 am

Eeeh Spencer. Got caught there bro.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:14 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:Also, Bayren were crap defensively but the attacking unit was functioning fine. To say that an Inzaghi-like striker dragged his team to CL is laughable at best. Someone must have assisted all those goal, suddenly they don't deserve credit because you want to prove a point.

I will admit to it and say I am wrong, although I wrote it in the spur of the moment, and every other post I made contradicted that piece of information.

I have no problem admitting that was wrong for me to say, but it is not what I really think. I responded with anger to you dismissing the whole Bayern squad to prove a point. And I assume you only did that because you were angry as well.

My thoughts on the matter are what I said most of the time, and not what I said in one post.

I normally wouldn't say any striker is Inzaghi-like, Inzaghi is unique Why are poachers underrated? - Page 3 2859867778

My main point is the above posts.

No you said it to support this argument by (EarlyPrototype)

lol well Rooney makes the whole team play better and hence more goals scored.

Also look at United dominating the the toughest league in the world. Without Rooney this wouldn't be happening especially after he has been carrying United since Ronaldo left.

I am not stupid, I dont know if you even realise that
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:16 am

Idrisozet wrote:Do you even realise Gomez was German footballer of the year as far back as 2007, when he was still 22.

Yes I do realize that, but it does not change the fact that this year is the first year Gomez will be competing for three imortant trophies all the while being a main component of the sides, so forgive me if I don't get excited about the award, because I am sure as hell Mario is not excited about it as much as he is excited about the prospects of treble, with a CL in Munich nonetheless.

Owen is a story for everyone out there.

Again, I would like to reiterate that I don't think Gomez is in anyway, shape, or form Inzaghi-like. I don't think he can even be classified as a poacher. He is your above average CF with great all rounded skills, with the extra skill of poaching goals when he needs to.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:20 am

No, it was a response to Sushi Master, not you who had this to say:

"So? Gomez dragged an extremely mediocre Bayern side last year to CL
qualification
, while at the same time thumping the Bundesliga scoring
record.

My whole point is that these 2 players can be compared on
the same level, even though I conceed Rooney is overall a better
player.

But to completely negate Gomez' skillset just because he can't Hollywood pass is insulting."

So, I apologize for mistaking Sushi's post for yours, but it was a response and not a support.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:23 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:Do you even realise Gomez was German footballer of the year as far back as 2007, when he was still 22.

Yes I do realize that, but it does not change the fact that this year is the first year Gomez will be competing for three imortant trophies all the while being a main component of the sides, so forgive me if I don't get excited about the award, because I am sure as hell Mario is not excited about it as much as he is excited about the prospects of treble, with a CL in Munich nonetheless.

Owen is a story for everyone out there.

Again, I would like to reiterate that I don't think Gomez is in anyway, shape, or form Inzaghi-like. I don't think he can even be classified as a poacher. He is your above average CF with great all rounded skills, with the extra skill of poaching goals when he needs to.

I dont want to push chips forward.

But Gomez indeed more of a poacher than average CF.

GOMEZ IS A POACHER, THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS THIS.

BUT HE ALSO CONTRIBUTE TO TEAM PLAY

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next