The Nature Boy
rwo power
Ganso
Zealous
Sushi Master
21 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Why are poachers underrated? - Page 4 Empty Re: Why are poachers underrated?

Post by The Messiah Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:23 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:Do you even realise Gomez was German footballer of the year as far back as 2007, when he was still 22.

why did Bayern pay so much money for him

Yes I do realize that, but it does not change the fact that this year is the first year Gomez will be competing for three imortant trophies all the while being a main component of the sides, so forgive me if I don't get excited about the award, because I am sure as hell Mario is not excited about it as much as he is excited about the prospects of treble, with a CL in Munich nonetheless.

Owen is a story for everyone out there.

Again, I would like to reiterate that I don't think Gomez is in anyway, shape, or form Inzaghi-like. I don't think he can even be classified as a poacher. He is your above average CF with great all rounded skills, with the extra skill of poaching goals when he needs to.

I dont want to push chips forward.

But Gomez indeed more of a poacher than average CF.

GOMEZ IS A POACHER, THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS THIS.

BUT HE ALSO CONTRIBUTE TO TEAM PLAY

The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:25 am

Lord Spencer wrote:No, it was a response to Sushi Master, not you who had this to say:

"So? Gomez dragged an extremely mediocre Bayern side last year to CL
qualification
, while at the same time thumping the Bundesliga scoring
record.

My whole point is that these 2 players can be compared on
the same level, even though I conceed Rooney is overall a better
player.

But to completely negate Gomez' skillset just because he can't Hollywood pass is insulting."

So, I apologize for mistaking Sushi's post for yours, but it was a response and not a support.

It's cool man, tomorrow Gomez is playing against Napoli and his out to prove people wrong again.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:28 am

Idrisozet wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:Do you even realise Gomez was German footballer of the year as far back as 2007, when he was still 22.

Yes I do realize that, but it does not change the fact that this year is the first year Gomez will be competing for three imortant trophies all the while being a main component of the sides, so forgive me if I don't get excited about the award, because I am sure as hell Mario is not excited about it as much as he is excited about the prospects of treble, with a CL in Munich nonetheless.

Again, I would like to reiterate that I don't think Gomez is in anyway, shape, or form Inzaghi-like. I don't think he can even be classified as a poacher. He is your above average CF with great all rounded skills, with the extra skill of poaching goals when he needs to.

I don't think he is a poacher in the classic sense. He puts too much work-rate to be a classic poacher. If you say he is a modern poacher then I would agree with you, but I don't think a modern poacher is a poacher at all. I think the term is being ill-used.

Regardless of naming difference, I hope you realize that I am not calling Gomez trash or anything, but that I am only mentioning the obvious fact that this year is his do or die year. Best of luck to him.

Can we end it at this note. If you want to discuss about the qualifications of what to call a poacher, the modern poacher, etc, you should start a thread tomorrow and I would gladly pitch in.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:30 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

I don't think he is a poacher in the classic sense. He puts too much work-rate to be a classic poacher. If you say he is a modern poacher then I would agree with you, but I don't think a modern poacher is a poacher at all. I think the term is being ill-used.

Regardless of naming difference, I hope you realize that I am not calling Gomez trash or anything, but that I am only mentioning the obvious fact that this year is his do or die year. Best of luck to him.

Can we end it at this note. If you want to discuss about the qualifications of what to call a poacher, the modern poacher, etc, you should start a thread tomorrow and I would gladly pitch in.

Fair Enough, I need to go to bed now.

Until Tomorrow match against Napoli
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:39 am

most strikers are poachers just some are better/luckier than others and are considered poachers because of their positioning and such...
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:08 pm

sportsczy wrote:It's not that poachers are underrated... they are rated for their goalscoring only because that's their main quality. Having a poacher forces a formation to play two wing forwards and an attacking AM. It's impossible to play a 4-3-3 with a poacher with any effectiveness. Also, a poacher is completely reliant on service and offers no solutions if a team is struggling to get the ball to the box.

Just the limitations of a poacher individually and for the team make its rating limited.

In the modern game, the ability to play multiple roles at a high level and be effective in multiple formations are just much more valuable. I personally prefer if the forwards share the scoring load as opposed to having one dominate that department... it makes it much more difficult to strategize against.

Beautifully said.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum