Abramovich
jibers
BiasedMilanFan3
Giovanni10
michael1
pasquale22
12 posters

Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Agnelli: 'This will be Del Piero's last season' Empty BREAKING NEWS: Agnelli: 'This will be Del Piero's last season'

Post by pasquale22 Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:27 am

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli has confirmed that this will be Alessandro Del Piero’s final season at the club.

Speaking at a shareholders meeting on Tuesday, the Signora chief admitted that the No 10’s playing career with the outfit will end in the summer.

“Our captain Alessandro Del Piero really wanted to stay with us for what will be his final year in Bianconero,” Agnelli noted.

“Let’s dedicate a massive round of applause to him.”

There has yet to be a comment from the Del Piero camp, but it was widely accepted before today’s announcement that the Italian would leave in 2012 at the end of his contract.

The veteran, who signed a new 12-month deal earlier in the year, will celebrate his 37th birthday in November.

The Azzurri international joined the Turin giants in 1993 from Serie B side Padova and he’s gone on to break numerous club records.

He’s also won just about every major trophy with the side, as well as staying loyal to the Old Lady following their demotion to Serie B in 2006.

It’s unclear whether Del Piero will retire from the game next year or go and play his football in a foreign country.

He’s already underlined that he wouldn’t play for another Italian team after Juve.
--------
My jaw just dropped when I saw this. So sad, I've been thinking about the day he retires for so long and how sad it will be.
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Agnelli: 'This will be Del Piero's last season' Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Agnelli: 'This will be Del Piero's last season'

Post by michael1 Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:47 am

And the legacyy was bound to end Sad

I just hope we can give him a proper send off at the end of the season with the league title.

I really hope he hangs up his boots i cant to see him in any other jersey but juve doesnt matter what country it is.

He needs to stay and e involved at juve
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Agnelli: 'This will be Del Piero's last season' Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Agnelli: 'This will be Del Piero's last season'

Post by Giovanni10 Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:00 pm

Edit: Some people are just too special to make a joke about. Cry me a river.

Last edited by Giovanni10 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:03 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:Time to take ol' Buster around the back of the shed...

*fetching the shotgun* Sad
Stupid comment..
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:08 pm

pasquale22 wrote:

Stupid comment..

Bah! don't be so sensitive, just having a laugh mate. Del Piero is BOSS. He will be missed by the entire footballing community!
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:24 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:
pasquale22 wrote:

Stupid comment..

Bah! don't be so sensitive, just having a laugh mate. Del Piero is BOSS. He will be missed by the entire footballing community!
No it's a stupid comment. I'm sure many juve fans will take offense to it. Anyway the day he retires will be so sad, I don't often cry but this will sure be one. Let's win a title for him
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:30 pm

Del Piero, favourite Italian player of all time

It will be a sad, sad day when he steps off the pitch for the last time
I just pray to God his career doesn't end in injury

BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:44 pm

Absolute legend. In the same class as Giggs, Totti, Scholes and Maldini. I can give him no higher praise. Hopefully this spurs juve on even more to win the league. LEGEND.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:01 pm

pasquale22 wrote:
Giovanni10 wrote:
pasquale22 wrote:

Stupid comment..

No it's a stupid comment. I'm sure many juve fans will take offense to it. Anyway the day he retires will be so sad, I don't often cry but this will sure be one. Let's win a title for him

Cry me a river much, I would have expected more from a aussie banter wise.....
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:05 pm

What was that mate ? Piss off ya wanker ^^ .... good enough lol
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:07 pm

I would have preferred pommy f*ck but that will do ⭐
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:28 pm

Ffs keep it clean guys, we are paying repects to not just a juve legend, but and italian and football icon.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:40 pm

:'( :'( Del Piero the first footballer I saw when I was only 3 yrs old with Juve jersey. Than he became my Idol. He is my most favorite player. I simply can't imagine Juve without him dunno why Juve ain't Juve without him. Football ain't the same ... I will be without half heart when he retires ...no without full heart....

ADP was and is king of my 'football heart' ..

Sad((((((((((((((((

damn I am sosad
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:48 pm

one last season at Brescia where you should the world what it will be missing ?

Last edited by zizzle on Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:19 pm

One of the greatest players in our time, a pleasure to watch him play and stay at Juve for so long.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:44 pm

Even if he's not playing that much anymore, the dressing room influence he must have is amazing. He's pretty much a living legend, yet humble as hell.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by fishball Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:45 pm

one of those players you just cannot hate, no matter what shirt they wear.

legend
fishball
fishball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:47 pm

Legend, no question.

I hope we face him in his testimonial match. Who else better than us to send him off?
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:37 pm

One of the true legends of the game and one of my favourite players ever

Will be very very sad day when his last match comes around ........

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:54 pm

Dnt think this is really gonna sink in for me till the te
Really comes.

Zealous thats a great idea hahaha

Well hey he still has a season left so lets nOt say goodbye yet,im sure he still has a bit to give us before he hangs his boots up.
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down