much better than the game lol
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Manga and Anime  - Page 7 Empty Re: Manga and Anime

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:43 pm

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean had a pretty decent start to the season and some good episodes here and there, but I'm on episode 36 right now and parts of this season have been outright bad, in my opinion. Feels like a really significant step down in quality from past seasons.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:12 pm

RealGunner wrote:

Stone Ocean

Took just 2 episodes for Jolyn to surpass Giorno. She is amazing. Great jojo so far. Love her already. However rest of the characters are shit. No good jobro other than weatherman who only came in the last ep. Still like it though and can't wait for rest of the episodes to hit. Dio's presence and even his name is larger than life. When that Dio music hits ffs :banderas:

speaking of which, why has Jotaro regressed so much? they have nerfed him down to unbelievably low length. My boy took on prime Dio and Kira only to jump by some absolute random stand Laughing gtfo.

How far did you get? I feel like it had a promising start that seemed like it was building up to something at first, but then it just started regressing in quality, Prison Break style hmm  Like Jotaro's sudden cluelessness, a lot of these things just aren't explained, or have a really unlikely, nonsensical explanation. It's almost as if whoever's responsible for this adaption decided to bank on the viewers being too dumb to question why certain things happen the way they do lol. And maybe it's just me, but I don't appreciate all of the clichés in the latter part of the season.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:45 pm

Firenze wrote:Cyberpunk: Edgerunners was surprisingly fucking fantastic

much better than the game lol
didnt play the game but hard agree. binged that in 2 days
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:12 pm

Thimmy wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

Stone Ocean

Took just 2 episodes for Jolyn to surpass Giorno. She is amazing. Great jojo so far. Love her already. However rest of the characters are shit. No good jobro other than weatherman who only came in the last ep. Still like it though and can't wait for rest of the episodes to hit. Dio's presence and even his name is larger than life. When that Dio music hits ffs :banderas:

speaking of which, why has Jotaro regressed so much? they have nerfed him down to unbelievably low length. My boy took on prime Dio and Kira only to jump by some absolute random stand Laughing gtfo.

How far did you get? I feel like it had a promising start that seemed like it was building up to something at first, but then it just started regressing in quality, Prison Break style hmm  Like Jotaro's sudden cluelessness, a lot of these things just aren't explained, or have a really unlikely, nonsensical explanation. It's almost as if whoever's responsible for this adaption decided to bank on the viewers being too dumb to question why certain things happen the way they do lol. And maybe it's just me, but I don't appreciate all of the clichés in the latter part of the season.

I have just started part 2 and it's miles better than part 1. Absolutely enjoying it so far. The events from 'fight club' in the max security ward to all the way to Pucci walking out of the prison. Unbelievable stuff

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:54 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Thimmy wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

Stone Ocean

I have just started part 2 and it's miles better than part 1. Absolutely enjoying it so far. The events from 'fight club' in the max security ward to all the way to Pucci walking out of the prison. Unbelievable stuff

Yeah.. it's the outside of the prison part that made the show regress in quality, in my opinion. I could feel my interest gradually fading as soon as they got out of the prison and the focused plot became more unfocused and filler-like.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:15 pm

I've carried on and I see your point. However it's still good imo. That plane crash episode was elite for example.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:22 pm

Been watching Vinland Saga S2 and it seems like a huge step back from S1. Sad to see what main man Thorfinn has become so far
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:44 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Been watching Vinland Saga S2 and it seems like a huge step back from S1. Sad to see what main man Thorfinn has become so far

Lol. That's the beauty of it. People dropped the Manga for the same reason but I think it's the greatest redemption story ever told.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:37 am

lost half of its readers back in the day, I get it because it's not what people were sold initially. all time great series though. knew it would happen with anime viewers also.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:27 pm

RealGunner wrote:I've carried on and I see your point. However it's still good imo. That plane crash episode was elite for example.

It's not bad, but the lack of focus derailed or deviated the story from what seemed like it was leading up to something interesting. It hit a peak in the prison, in my opinion. And then it mostly went downhill from there.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:31 am

Thimmy wrote:
RealGunner wrote:I've carried on and I see your point. However it's still good imo. That plane crash episode was elite for example.

It's not bad, but the lack of focus derailed or deviated the story from what seemed like it was leading up to something interesting. It hit a peak in the prison, in my opinion. And then it mostly went downhill from there.

I think it's the case in every season. There are always 10-15 episodes in between the season which are pointless but just a way to show off creativity in stands
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:11 am

RealGunner wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

I think it's the case in every season. There are always 10-15 episodes in between the season which are pointless but just a way to show off creativity in stands

Sure, but it wasn't just stagnation. I thought it was anti-climactic. The high point of the story that I was waiting for, never came because the story went in the opposite direction and never pulled itself back up again (in my opinion). It could've been a great season/arc, but after the prison part, it was just writer's block leading up to the bad guy, final battle 😅 If they were attempting to show off creativity in the stands, then it was really poorly executed compared to how they did it inside of the prison. Everything dropped in quality outside of it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:28 pm

I played bass guitar for a brief while in middle school, and I recently played around with the thought of picking it up again. But then someone showed me this, and I changed my mind 😂

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:29 am

Anyone watch Pluto yet?

Reviews look too good.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:12 pm

Been waiting for Attack on Titan for so long finally able to get it... not an expert on Anime at all, but is it really one of the best ever? The imdb rating is so high n I loved it, but not understanding how it lasted for so many yrs n that different studios did the end seasons? How does that work? Razz Anyway just makes it a bit weird since I kinda watched from the start to finish in recent times instead of over all those yrs...

Then naturally moved on to Vinland Saga, love season 1, but just a bit into season 2 n its like completely different n shit now. Im guessing its similar to a lot of TV series where they gained the audience in the first season being good, n then drag it out over the next seasons to juice it so the series usually turns to shit? Am I right in thinking that animes are the same? Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:24 am

Phew, finally finished Vinland Saga S2... so glad I watched it all together since most of it was soooo dragggggg outtttt.... clearly typical of just another series stretched to numerous times than it had real material just to make more episode, ie. money lol.... Not bad overall still but nothing like the classic S1...

Read comments online n realized that some ppl love it, n I get it, some ppl like character development n slower pacing story telling, but I much prefer the S1 non stop action more...

Also read that S3 might only make it out in 2025, lol? Im not familiar but how are series taking forever to make these days? Geez...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:42 pm

In Spanish but you guys get the idea

RIP. A legend that opened up anime to the West. I have so many fond memories of the Dragon Ball series that this hit hard.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:46 am

https://youtu.be/SOTKBuLAeBk?si=fvQ0D6ktmoVOKK-h

@Firenze
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:12 am

I don't have high hopes for any Berserk adaptation nowadays sadly, but I hope it's good
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:13 am

Firenze wrote:I don't have high hopes for any Berserk adaptation nowadays sadly, but I hope it's good

I gave the last one a chance, and I couldn't get through a single episode Laughing At least, this one has proper animation. The CGI in the other one made my eyes bleed. It looked like everyone was wearing buckets of korean skin products.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7