Adit
RealGunner
Ganso
guest7
Sushi Master
BarrileteCosmico
20 posters

Go down

Who is the 5th best player in the team? Empty Who is the 5th best player in the team?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:20 pm

If we all agree that Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Dani are the best four, who's fifth?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Who is the 5th best player in the team? Empty Re: Who is the 5th best player in the team?

Post by Sushi Master Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:25 pm

Piqué. Would be Puyol if he were fit, though.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Who is the 5th best player in the team? Empty Re: Who is the 5th best player in the team?

Post by guest7 Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:38 pm

Busquets banana
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:43 pm

Villa imo,he always looks so dangerous in that LW,made me sh*t every time he touched the ball against us,even more than messi.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:30 pm

Fabregas anyday
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:32 pm

Pique/Busquets cant seperate..
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:36 pm

Pique then Cesc close behind

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:04 pm

Currently Fabregas.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:21 pm

Busi or Villa, hard to split them.

Busi missing at DM hurts more then Villa missing in the forward line, but if the team didnt have Messi, Iniesta, Xavi then Villa would be more important then he is now and would be seen as better because of that increased importance. I dont want to seperate them tbh.

If however we werent a great possession side and defended more like everyone else (as in no pressing, get behind the ball and not really try and win it back untill the half way line) then I think Pique would be far more valuable and important then he is now.

The problem with this question is talent and ability vs importance.

The degree of importance impacts everything and its not always the importance is increased equal to the talent.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ijomer Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:36 am

For me, to be honest.. Pedro!!!

He's the Barca player i hatee to see the ball with anywhere near the 18 yard box... andd he's superb at finishing, 2nd only to Messi at Barca!

Pedro is better than Villa, and im gonna stand by it, and hes only what? 22-23? Amazing Talent
ijomer
ijomer
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:37 am

Pique/Busi/Villa
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:15 pm

I dont know how you take it, but i'll take it as if all first team players are injured, you are going to play a league game with your B team, you wish that only 1 player from first team would not be injured and play with your B team. Who it would be? personally i think after messi iniesta xavi alves, it would be fabregas for me
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:28 pm

In terms of pure quality as a player it's Cesc. In terms of importance to the team is Puyol or Busquets, we look much solid in defence with Tarzan and we are unbeaten with him in side in all competitions since 2009-10 defeat in UCL semi. Busquets is crucial to our game and without him our passing is much less fluid.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:23 pm

I don't quite agree that Dani Alves is the 4th best player. I think that is very tight between Villa, Pique, Valdeds, Busquets, Cesc and Alves himself.

Last edited by free_cat on Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:35 pm

Villa and Fabregas are both better than Alves........
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:54 am

Not sure. I wouldn't be able to decide between Valdes, Pique, Puyol Busquets, Cesc and Villa.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:29 am

The Franchise wrote:Busi or Villa, hard to split them.

Busi missing at DM hurts more then Villa missing in the forward line, but if the team didnt have Messi, Iniesta, Xavi then Villa would be more important then he is now and would be seen as better because of that increased importance. I dont want to seperate them tbh.

If however we werent a great possession side and defended more like everyone else (as in no pressing, get behind the ball and not really try and win it back untill the half way line) then I think Pique would be far more valuable and important then he is now.

The problem with this question is talent and ability vs importance.

The degree of importance impacts everything and its not always the importance is increased equal to the talent.

I think I will go for Busquets too. We have missed him in the last couple of games. Villa is not in such great form but if he was then I can agree with his selection. Pique can be added because with Puyol's injury, we need him all the more and he is top class especially in big matches. If we are talking only from the perspective of the player's quality and not the need of the team then Fabregas of course. If we are talking only from the perspective of the need of the team I would say Mascherano has been immense for us this season. Then there is Valdes of course - often not given the recognition he deserves. Abidal has not been in the best of form. Pedro is in an even worse phase.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:04 am

Pique when on form
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:39 pm

Great points about importance to the team. I will make my selection based on that, and I think it's between Pique and Busquets, with Puyol just behind.

When Pique and Busquets are playing, we dominate the center of the pitch. When we dominate the center of the pitch, we're able to get the ball to Leo as often as we like. That's the key.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:12 pm

Cant believe that some actually consider Cesc a better player than Alves.
On what basis exactly is Cesc better?
I think Barca fans(forget other fans) seriously underestimate Alves.
He has been a vital part of our success over the past 3 seasons.
He is one of the top 10 players in the world and for my money top 5 in the world.
Does the work of 2 men down the right and has improved tremendously as a defender over the past 2 years(him on the right in a 3 man backline this season is proof).
By far the best RB I have ever seen.

Fabregas scores a couple of tap ins and all of a sudden he is better than Dani Alves!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL.
Alves is clearly better than Fabregas.

On the question its Busquets for me.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:55 pm

Dont get it either, if Cesc was at Arsenal still most of you would be laughing at an Arsenal fan who said the same.

Now he is at Barca he is somehow better?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:26 pm

As far as importance to the team is concerned, I don't think you can get more important than Puyol.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:14 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:As far as importance to the team is concerned, I don't think you can get more important than Puyol.

Agreed alfred. However due to constant injuries it's become very questionable if we will ever see the best of Puyol again. I think LMG has made very apt comments which I largely agree with. Considering everything it's between Pique and Busquets. Villa and Fabregas would be up there on ability but not in terms of importance to team.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down