fatman123
Nishankly
jibers
CBarca
Blue Barrett
36 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Carrick thinks it'll be a six horse title race Empty Carrick thinks it'll be a six horse title race

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:26 am

Michael Carrick believes there could be a six-horse title race this season and warned Manchester United that the Premier League champions may have to improve to retain their crown.

The midfielder has helped United win the league five times in his seven seasons at Old Trafford and, as he noted their only real competition in the last four years has come from Chelsea and Manchester City.

But he hinted that he expects Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool to challenge by predicting a different title race.

"In the end, the last few years, it's been similar teams up there with us. City and Chelsea changing managers, there is a different feel about it, but its strong squads and the best teams that come to the top and hopefully we will be right up there," he said.

"It's certainly going to be tough because there are five or six teams now that fancy their chances at the title or certainly the top two or three, so we will have to be as good if not better than ever."

Carrick is in Australia preparing for Saturday's meeting against the Australian A League All Stars. United lost their first game under David Moyes, against a Singha All-Star XI in Thailand and he is determined to get back to winning ways.

He added: "There are always expectations from ourselves to play well and to win games no matter where we play or whatever the last game was. We don't like losing; we hate losing. It wasn't nice to come away from the last game with a defeat. All-in-all, we take what we can from the game, some of us got 90 minutes and it was the first game back."
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/222687.html#

What do you think? I still think it'll be the usual suspects(United, Chelsea, City).
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Carrick thinks it'll be a six horse title race Empty Re: Carrick thinks it'll be a six horse title race

Post by CBarca Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:29 am

I think Tottenham will win it.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Carrick thinks it'll be a six horse title race Empty Re: Carrick thinks it'll be a six horse title race

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:56 am

CBarca wrote:I think Tottenham will win it.
I think you're drunk Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:01 am

LOL. Carrick pls go. United City and Chelsea are the only contenders.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:09 am

No way we can compete with United, City and Chelsea financially.
We'll be 6th or 5th, But if i say that i don't want my team to have a go at the title then ill be lying.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:32 am

Still doped up on that cough medicine mate? rofl

What jibes said, Chelsea and the Manchester clubs will fight for the top three places, spuds and arsenal will battle for 4th and pool in next
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:05 pm

lol united challenging for what title? moyes is going to make united a europe league team watch. i bet you arsenal will be ahead of united this season.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:11 pm

REWB wrote:lol united challenging for what title? moyes is going to make united a europe league team watch. i bet you arsenal will be ahead of united this season.

Lmao I'll take you up on that bet?
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:29 pm

think it will be between the top 3 with Chelsea and City leading the way and Yanited playing catch up. The rest will fight for the top 4 trophy
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:32 pm

Abramovich wrote:
REWB wrote:lol united challenging for what title? moyes is going to make united a europe league team watch. i bet you arsenal will be ahead of united this season.

Lmao I'll take you up on that bet?

OKAY
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:36 pm

I would be extremely surprised if the top three didn't consist of United, City and Chelsea. Spurs,  Liverpool and Arsenal will battle it out for fourth IMO. There's a clear gap in team quality between the first and latter three.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:03 pm

Man U players say Liverpool is a contender quite often Razz Maybe its the history of rivalry... Arsenal with Wenger STILL around I just dont see him improving, it would have to be pretty drastic for him to take Arsenal into real title challenger again.... and Spurs all relying on Bale doesnt look enough.

I wish it would be that open, but definitely 1 thing, Man U wont be as dominant Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:05 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Man U players say Liverpool is a contender quite often :PMaybe its the history of rivalry... Arsenal with Wenger STILL around I just dont see him improving, it would have to be pretty drastic for him to take Arsenal into real title challenger again.... and Spurs all relying on Bale doesnt look enough.

I wish it would be that open, but definitely 1 thing, Man U wont be as dominant Very Happy

They usually quote us because we are the most difficult team to beat for them. We always up our game against them.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:59 pm

Will be the usual 3 competing for the title- Utd, City and Chelsea.

4th will be competed by Arsenal, Spurs and maybe LFC.

One thing is for certain, it's gonna be the most interesting season since I started following Utd and watching the BPL. Can't wait!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:11 pm

All of Arsenal, City, Chelsea and United will challenge.

Spurs and LFC will fight for 5th.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:56 pm

Cocaine is one hell of a drug...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:34 pm

ynwa wrote:All of Arsenal, City, Chelsea and United will challenge.

Spurs and LFC will fight for 5th.

Arsenal won't be challenging for anything if they go in with the same squad. It's between City, Chelsea and to a lesser extent United (especially if they lose Rooney). 4th is between us, Arsenal, and Spurs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:41 pm

won the league by 11 pts Proud

suddenly europa league team

GL logic Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:42 pm

RED wrote:Will be the usual 3 competing for the title- Utd, City and Chelsea.

One thing is for certain, it's gonna be the most interesting season since I started following Utd and watching the BPL. Can't wait!

Whats the mentality or mood for a Man U fan now just curious? Do u guys expect less now that Fergie is gone or still the same?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:42 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:

won the league by 11 pts Proud

suddenly europa league team

GL logic Proud

Makes it all the more sweeter when Moyes starts proving the doubters wrong.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:43 pm

Chelsea to run away with the title, unfortunately. Manchester clubs to *bleep* up with their fkall managers.

Last edited by ExtremistEnigma on Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:44 pm

It will be a 3 horse title race between City, Chelsea and United imo.

Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs will fight for 4th place :coffee:
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:44 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:

Whats the mentality or mood for a Man U fan now just curious? Do u guys expect less now that Fergie is gone or still the same?

Personally speaking, I'm anxious more than anything. This is unknown territory for me as a Utd fan.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:48 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:

expectations are the same for me, this club has enough players who spent enough time with fergie they know what it means to play for the club and the kind of effort and expectations required, the core of this team is strong mentally, and in leadership. it is up to the senior players to pass this on to younger players and new signings. Moyes to me so far seems confident and understands what it means to be apart of the club, so I can not doubt him until he gives me reason to

Last edited by B-Mac MUFC on Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:48 pm

It will be weird not seeing United competing but I don't expect them to with Moyes. Don't rate him, him not thinking Thiago was premier league material just says enough about him. Not good enough to coach united
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next