Pedram
Swanhends
Great Leader Sprucenuce
guest7
Mr Nick09
43 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Mou is playing the most attractive football in Europe atm - Page 3 Empty Re: Mou is playing the most attractive football in Europe atm

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:50 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:@dnmac4

to each their own

Mou hasnt ONLY been playing like this for half a season though thats the thing, he has improved our play/chemistry, building on the base he put up last season

Mou has been accused of playing boring hoof the ball football

i rememeber when he was coaching chelsea and everybody used to say:

"same shit different day, cech to terry, terry to drogba....Goal or miss" i mean he has showed that he isnt that defensively minded coaching us, donno about inter as i didnt use to watch them that much, but you have to recognise the beautiful direct free-flowing football he has made our team play, not to mention making this team A TEAM for a chance, and not a bunch of individuals scoring goals to win us games

besides that, he has made us play that high-pressure game in the first half and cruise-control in the second(thats when people call us boring, but what we are doing then is just square passes between our midfield and defence which is what barca have been described of doing i.e. boring football)

now, i am not saying you play solely boring football by any means as i am sure all big teams score some nice beautiful team goals once in a while, but predominantly you play that pass the ball between defence and midfield and bang all of a sudden xavi has chipped it over the defence while the oppositions have been a sleep and messi scores(i mean thats mostly the story isnt it??)

which is why you always struggle vs espanyol as they never leave xavi alone

anyways, i am sure we all have our own styles that we like but to just call Mou boring and Pep entertaining is just a myth

See that's the thing it's not a myth. I totally agree with you that Mou has played way better since he's been at Madrid and it has been more then a half a season playing an attractive brand of football, but that doesn't make up for the YEARS of bad football he played not to mention some of the rugby games he played with Barca last year using a defender as a midfielder. I wish he and us (not much diving) would play like we did in 2 games this season as IMO they were the best games of the year to date.

Pep has always played an attacking brand of football and you cannot say that about Mourinho. It's also a myth that Barca pass it sideways and chip over the top for a goal. If you watch the games for almost the whole game barca has 3 defenders at midfield and 7 players around the opponents area creating chance after chance. It's not uncoomon and actually normal for Barca to have like 20 attempts on goal with 8-10 on target so again if creating chances and putting a ton of shots on goal while never playing a defensive system and always attacking is boring then wow, I don't know wht attractive would be.

Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Mou is playing the most attractive football in Europe atm - Page 3 Empty Re: Mou is playing the most attractive football in Europe atm

Post by DeviAngel Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:50 pm

Conte has something to say about this Smile
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:53 pm

DeviAngel wrote:Conte has something to say about this Smile

I agree you are playing some good stuff, not finishing too well on occasions tho Razz
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:58 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Of course he does, but come the big games he will still play with 9 men in the box. So what difference does it make if he beats the Rayos and the Dinamos with gorgeous football if come the CL semi-finals or games against Barca he won't?

Ac Milan he attacked and won by an aggregate 4-2, against our biggest demon Lyon we attacked and won by an aggregate 4-1 against Tottenhamin the quater-final he attacked and won by an aggregate 5-0, shall i carry on

against barca first leg semi-final, none of the teams really attacked anyways(so i dont know why you are bashing Mou here)

second leg we attacked

thats what 4 of the 7 clasico games he has played attacking football(counting copa final, second leg semi & both legs of the super copa), and mostly Pep didnt have an answer to Mou's high pressuring players other than individual brilliances

so i dont know what youre on about, playing park the bus against tough teams, because we obviously havent

even this season, weve played dynamo, Ajax and Lyon and scored 8 and conceded none(so so defensive its impossible to describe eh??)

Again just a Myth

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:09 pm

dnmac4 wrote:

See that's the thing it's not a myth. I totally agree with you that Mou has played way better since he's been at Madrid and it has been more then a half a season playing an attractive brand of football, but that doesn't make up for the YEARS of bad football he played not to mention some of the rugby games he played with Barca last year using a defender as a midfielder. I wish he and us (not much diving) would play like we did in 2 games this season as IMO they were the best games of the year to date.

Pep has always played an attacking brand of football and you cannot say that about Mourinho. It's also a myth that Barca pass it sideways and chip over the top for a goal. If you watch the games for almost the whole game barca has 3 defenders at midfield and 7 players around the opponents area creating chance after chance. It's not uncoomon and actually normal for Barca to have like 20 attempts on goal with 8-10 on target so again if creating chances and putting a ton of shots on goal while never playing a defensive system and always attacking is boring then wow, I don't know wht attractive would be.

from what i heard when he was coaching inter, they used to get 1-0 victories most of the time so maybe the criticism is justified for him there, but at chelsea and Real he has been playing anything but defensive

i mean i only recall him playing defensive against Barca(Semi) & Sevilla(Copa), and you know how impatient most of the madrid fans are when it comes to playing boring park the bus football(i mean there was a reason Capello was kicked out eventhough he took us through an Hollywood movie and won the title we hadnt won in along time)

Nobody has ever criticised Mou as of yet other than maybe the first leg of that horrible semi-final and our Copa Tie against Sevilla scums

What you said about midfield and defenders is true, but dont you thiink barca can afford to play with even 2 defenders since the opposition team rarely if ever threaten since the ball is always with the barca players, i mean id love to see pep play with 3 defenders against us

no other teams press you as much as we do, which is why you can afford to play that 3-4-3 formation without any problem.

Anyways i agreee with you that clasicos should have less fights/antics and whatnot in them as that truly make it more entertaining as evidenced by the thrilling Super Copa.

11th of Dec is the date everybody should put down in their calender, and bhends should probably leave the forum for a while then hihi
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:19 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

from what i heard when he was coaching inter, they used to get 1-0 victories most of the time so maybe the criticism is justified for him there, but at chelsea and Real he has been playing anything but defensive

i mean i only recall him playing defensive against Barca(Semi) & Sevilla(Copa), and you know how impatient most of the madrid fans are when it comes to playing boring park the bus football(i mean there was a reason Capello was kicked out eventhough he took us through an Hollywood movie and won the title we hadnt won in along time)

Nobody has ever criticised Mou as of yet other than maybe the first leg of that horrible semi-final and our Copa Tie against Sevilla scums

What you said about midfield and defenders is true, but dont you thiink barca can afford to play with even 2 defenders since the opposition team rarely if ever threaten since the ball is always with the barca players, i mean id love to see pep play with 3 defenders against us

no other teams press you as much as we do, which is why you can afford to play that 3-4-3 formation without any problem.

Anyways i agreee with you that clasicos should have less fights/antics and whatnot in them as that truly make it more entertaining as evidenced by the thrilling Super Copa.

11th of Dec is the date everybody should put down in their calender, and bhends should probably leave the forum for a while then hihi

I agree totally with a lot of what you said except for the Chelsea stuff. Mou played some of the worst football I've ever seen when he was at Chelsea. It was effective but just terrible to watch, IMO he kinda invented the "park the bus" system at Chelsea and I believe thats even where that term was coined.

But yea, we can't play the 3-4-3 against Madrid but it just bothers me that we set records for goals, points won in La Liga have top scorers in the CL for the last 2-3 years and put on footballing clinics against Man U in the CL finals and are called boring, I just don't get it. In one thread anti-Barca people will say we have a ton of bandwagon fans because of Messi and the type of football we play and in another they will say were boring, it just doesn't add up.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:22 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

Nobody presses Barca like Stoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not true at all.
Watch Valencia play us.They are the team that play us the best by far.Far better than Stoke.And their pressing is brilliant.Not like CR getting caught in a Barca passing triangle and throwing a tantrum.
Villareal also press far better than you guys.Same with Espanyol.

As for Pep having no answer to Stoke's pressing watch the CL SF second leg again.It would have been another manita were it not for Casillas's heroics.
The Super Copa,the Barca players were clearly unfit but still won.
Shows you how effective your supposedly best in the world pressing is.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:25 pm

To me Madrid are playing the most attractive football at the moment but i would also understand if someone whos a fan of other teams doesnt agree.

But i am sure all of us agree that at their current form, Madrid are unstoppable.

As for the next Clasico, i predict a Madrid 3 -1 Barca rampage. This clasico will be open unlike the others. Madrid are confident and they will go for the kill.

This time its different barca fans. I would rather wait until the end of the year, but i think this Madrid team is the greatest team in teh last 20 years. Yep its better than Barca 2010 as well.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:33 pm

alexjanosik wrote:

Not true at all.
Watch Valencia play us.They are the team that play us the best by far.Far better than Stoke.And their pressing is brilliant.Not like CR getting caught in a Barca passing triangle and throwing a tantrum.

As for Pep having no answer to Stoke's pressing watch the CL SF second leg again.It would have been another manita were it not for Casillas's heroics.

i was going to mention valencia but pressing for merely 45 mins isnt effective if you know what i mean(i like the way espanyol press you guys as well, but cmmon it doesnt compare to ours)

CR7 has never been a guy pressing very good anyways(i applaud some of the other players for doing 2 mens job as weve some pretty lazy players in our team)

PS i dont even like him tbh(but thats just me)

Mou got us to practise that kind of pressing in the preseason which is why we have been doing it so brilliantly since then

sometimes its not about winning though, had benzema not been so wasteful with his headers along with the liabilty in ronaldo and valdez being great we would have been looking at our own manita(even a double one ffs)

the only thing i rate you guys on is the efficiency of messi against us, without him against us you would look like an ordinary team let alone a strong one
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:42 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Of course he does, but come the big games he will still play with 9 men in the box. So what difference does it make if he beats the Rayos and the Dinamos with gorgeous football if come the CL semi-finals or games against Barca he won't?

Only the champions league first leg counts as a big game for you right?
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:45 pm

Honestly to me, i dont care as long as we win and by a margin.
I mean madrid are averaging like 4 goal a game or something? That's insane.

huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:46 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:

Not true at all.

i was going to mention valencia but pressing for merely 45 mins isnt effective if you know what i mean(i like the way espanyol press you guys as well, but cmmon it doesnt compare to ours)

CR7 has never been a guy pressing very good anyways(i applaud some of the other players for doing 2 mens job as weve some pretty lazy players in our team)

PS i dont even like him tbh(but thats just me)

Mou got us to practise that kind of pressing in the preseason which is why we have been doing it so brilliantly since then

sometimes its not about winning though, had benzema not been so wasteful with his headers along with the liabilty in ronaldo and valdez being great we would have been looking at our own manita(even a double one ffs)

the only thing i rate you guys on is the efficiency of messi against us, without him against us you would look like an ordinary team let alone a strong one

Valencia pressing only for 45 min.Watch the game earlier in the season again.Valencia press far better than you guys have ever done.Not even up for debate.

LOL at the last part.Contender for delusional post of the year.
Its closest competitor.Stoke press Barca better than Valencia.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:51 pm

Maybe they do press better than us, but we squeeze more goals than any other team.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:56 pm

Agreed.
Everyone is playing well.
Ramos > Alves as well
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:59 pm

Anyone > Alves.

Alves is Barca's achilles heel.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:13 pm

Someone explain to me why Real Madrid aka Stoke under Mourinho aka the most boring and Defensive coach in the world are outscoring the best Barca side in history under pep aka the most attacking coach in the world? Razz

Barca fans are angry because they never thought we can play attractive football under Mou and outscore them.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:15 pm

Mamad wrote:Barca were lucky not to lose 6-2 in first leg of Super Cup.their 2nd goal was also lucky. actually result could've been 6-1.
Laughing
You want to talk about lucky goals? Your only two goals at the camp nou were both tap ins after they were deflected off of defenders

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:17 pm

Stoke play better football.

Real Madrid have improved though smoking
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:19 pm

Wait...

did Barcelona terminate its club...?

...or are you just being a fanboy ?
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:20 pm

alexjanosik wrote:

Valencia pressing only for 45 min.Watch the game earlier in the season again.Valencia press far better than you guys have ever done.Not even up for debate.

LOL at the last part.Contender for delusional post of the year.
Its closest competitor.Stoke press Barca better than Valencia.

ive watched enough barca vs valencia games to make that kind of judgement. thank you very much

and the last part is just telling a fact, can you come up with a counter response other than yada yada yada hurp durp??? Nopp there we go

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:24 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
Mamad wrote:Barca were lucky not to lose 6-2 in first leg of Super Cup.their 2nd goal was also lucky. actually result could've been 6-1.
Laughing
You want to talk about lucky goals? Your only two goals at the camp nou were both tap ins after they were deflected off of defenders

2 shots 2 goals...talk about lucky

any of those benzema headers and ronaldo being in a scoring position couldve given us goals(but hey they couldnt and now all of a sudden you cules pretend as if you were on our level, you clearly were not) we pawned you in every aspect but the goals(dont worry Higuain is back and banging them in again whereas they best striker in the history of spain is struggling to get shots on goal let alone score)

heck Real Sociedad last year gave us more competition than you did, shame they didnt have the goals to show for it
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:25 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
Laughing

They weren't lucky. we knew your defense is shaky in set pieces smoking .
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:32 pm

I think you people should stop nagging on Barca's style of football.

Did you know,it is estimated that 20-40% of adults have insomnia in the course of any year.

Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:51 pm

What happened here Nick man? Your better then this.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:04 pm

The Franchise wrote:What happened here Nick man? Your better then this.

Just noting that we are playing mighty fine lately, that's all. we are having a great time, and the games are awesome.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:06 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
The Franchise wrote:What happened here Nick man? Your better then this.

we are having a great time, and the games are awesome.

Sounds like my Sex life.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next