Pedram
FalcaoPunch
Mr Nick09
48 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Carvajal - Page 9 Empty Re: Carvajal

Post by Zees Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:26 pm

Achraf is 3 years younger than Odriozola and has looked very promising this season, if we're going to buy someone to compete with Dani might as well buy someone more established and loan Achraf out.

Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:28 pm

Doc wrote:In what world is Odriozola "terrible"? You can clearly see he is good attacking full back.
Right now I don't think he is very good. He is talented I think but I don't think he's better than our Achraf. I don't particularly rate LaReal's fullbacks because everytime I've watched them they've always been skinned by any winger. I dont rate Inigo either. All their young players are pretty hyped up to heavens in LaLiga. Yuri was supposedly one of the best RBs in LaLiga......yh........no.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:30 pm

Zees wrote:Achraf is 3 years younger than Odriozola and has looked very promising this season, if we're going to buy someone to compete with Dani might as well buy someone more established and loan Achraf out.
Basically this. Though I prefer Achraf to stay. In between Dani's injuries, he is going to get alot of playing time. The only thing we do by swapping Achraf and Odriozola is swap the name and waste money honestly
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:08 pm

I must apologize for starting this debate between Odriozola and Achraf. I posted the rumors of Odriozola and Kepa, but failed to mention the rumors did say re Odriozola, it depended upon how Achraf performs this season.

The club did intend to buy a backup this season and instead felt they could rely on Nacho plus they would give Achraf a look. Quite frankly it was a surprise that they kept him (and Majoral) on squad. He is there as an emergency replacement, but has looked ok (ok not great) in his two appearances. The major point IMO is it is extremely difficult and rare that a player can make the jump to 1st team from 3rd level futbol (and a not very good third level futbol team). His attempted crosses today were a prime example of that! He will get more opportunities, especially in October with Dani still out plus copa games that will start soon. If he gets enough action before Christmas and impresses, then he will be used sparingly when the real tough matches happen in Feb. / March. So perhaps it is premature of me to say he will likely go out on loan next season.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:57 pm

futbol_bill wrote:I must apologize for starting this debate between Odriozola and Achraf. I posted the rumors of Odriozola and Kepa, but failed to mention the rumors did say re Odriozola, it depended upon how Achraf performs this season.

The club did intend to buy a backup this season and instead felt they could rely on Nacho plus they would give Achraf a look. Quite frankly it was a surprise that they kept him (and Majoral) on squad. He is there as an emergency replacement, but has looked ok (ok not great) in his two appearances. The major point IMO is it is extremely difficult and rare that a player can make the jump to 1st team from 3rd level futbol (and a not very good third level futbol team). His attempted crosses today were a prime example of that! He will get more opportunities, especially in October with Dani still out plus copa games that will start soon. If he gets enough action before Christmas and impresses, then he will be used sparingly when the real tough matches happen in Feb. / March. So perhaps it is premature of me to say he will likely go out on loan next season.

He was one of our better players today, the only flaw he has shown in his game is his crossing which can be worked upon. Also important to note that we have a very small sample size to judge, Marcelo and Carvajal has periods where their crossing is horrendous.
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:03 pm

we have to see what Achraf looks like in a year or so, before we decide to spend 40 millions to sign Odriozola as a back up.

So far Achraf has looked fined, let's see
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:58 am

Out for 2 months.

Oddriozola needs to be ready
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:02 pm

Carvajal is back. Don't know if he is fit for Valencia.

But I have to say Lucas Vasquez has done really well in the system as a right back.

I don't think he should be placed as a right winger ever again.

He looks to be much more effective as a right back and better suited to Zidane system where the wing defensive players have to be a lot technical to provide attacking support.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9