How is our youth working then?

+3
The Madrid One
Mr Nick09
Onyx
7 posters

Go down

How is our youth working then? Empty How is our youth working then?

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:35 pm

Most of us want our youth to get into the first team. The thing is though whenever we have a good youth we just ship them out with buy back clauses.. what's the point in that? It's our job to develop them, not other teams.. That's the whole point.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

How is our youth working then? Empty Re: How is our youth working then?

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:45 pm

the way things are, despite my deepest wishes, there are no openings, nor plan to bring up players from the youth.

The best for them is to go out. Not my favored option but a reality, i fought the idea and i thought things will be a bit different but it' not happening, at least not now.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:48 pm

we have too many young players that are not from castilla for us to play them now.

morata will most definatley get his chances... he is real madrid's bright gem.

sarabia is what 18 years old? whats so wrong with taking guyslike him and canales into villareal and then get them back if we need them?

nothing wrong with using villareal as our bitch Very Happy
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:51 pm

That pretty much defeats the point of us developing the youths. We are using other teams to do it.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:53 pm

one way or another, some of them wll have to go anyway, we are just pushing it too far.

The best thing to do here is to make sure that the club keeps following them, and remind them they are part of RM
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:56 pm

I think most people overhype them becouse they are Real Madrids youth and want us to copy Barcas policy. I feel like our youths compared to Barcas are quite bad (in terms of statistics and when they meet). Morata has only done 14 goals this season. IMO Sarabia is the only one in the acadamy that is really good, but too young.

That's why we use them that way.

But then, I don't watch their games so often.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:33 pm

Well Wenger has been chasing Sarabia for years and that of course tells you something about him. It was Wenger who chased Cesc at Barca and has taken another star from them recently. They have to be loaned out anyway no room in the first team.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:40 pm

buy back clause ftw, sarabia may have great future with us.

let arsenal devlop him, lets see if he can get any trophies with them first..
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:48 pm

Our youth policy has been absolutely horrible for the last decade. It's tells you something that we currently have only four true homegrown players and only one of them is a starter. Casillas is the only youth left that has learned and honed his skills only in Real Madrid. Rest of them has done it elsewhere (Granero, Arbeloa, Callejon).

I have nothing against loaning or selling youths so they can get more playing time (Granero, DLR) or grow somewhere else (Arbeloa, Borja), but what irritates me more than anything is that we spend ridiculous amount of cash on average or poor players when we could give youths a chance to prove themselves (Granero vs. VDV, DLR & Garcia vs Gago & Lass, Mata vs. Drenthe, Negredo vs. Huntelaar, etc.). Of course our loaning policy has produced couple promising players lately (DLR, Granero, Negredo) but those players were already quite promising before they left and could have become just as good by playing here if we had given them a chance.

And now our team has become a double edged sword. We have bought many young rising stars which is good, but that policy has also pretty much killed our own youths chances. Or does someone seriously believe that Sarabia, Morata, Alex, Carvajal, Jese etc. will ever get a chance to win starting spot from players like CR, Di Maria, Benzema, Higuain, Özil, Sahin or another random superstar? It's easy to say let's just buy them back when they start to blossom in another team but why they would like to come back just to warm bench for the same stars who were blocking their chances in the first place? Many are not going to like it but this idiotic policy has to change sooner or later, or else it will comeback to haunt us in one way or another.
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:53 pm

The word is that we're about to have a mass exodus out of our system. A lot of our top youth players have their contracts expire in the next 2 years and very few will entertain an extension.

As much as i hate to say it, we are going to lose most of these kids unless opening happen... and i really don't see any.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:56 pm

what way will it haunt us though? you treat it as we are gonna run out of control. hopefully we wont and nothing will happen.

we have world class players and thats bad because we should be using our cantera, you guys go to the extremes too much, you pointed valid points, but we cant just go one way or the other.

you guys wanna compare against barcelona?... we might have the 2nd best cantera after them in the world, but they had a golden generation, its not like theyve been producing them forever.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:59 pm

I think we should have at least given Morata or Sarabia a chance to be a backup and see if they could make it. I don't think it's a good thing to only rely on massive transfers to make up our team.

You need to develop some of of your own players ideally.

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:00 am

Wasn't Morata going to be 3rd striker next season?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:03 am

mtfootball wrote:Wasn't Morata going to be 3rd striker next season?

Could be. Ade being unsigned still is worrisome though. Although it seems like Ade is gone now.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:04 am

sportsczy wrote:I think we should have at least given Morata or Sarabia a chance to be a backup and see if they could make it. I don't think it's a good thing to only rely on massive transfers to make up our team.

You need to develop some of of your own players ideally.

yes and thats perfectly fine but enough whining, players with good quality will be put at the right time, like mou said.

if we dont find room for them even @ the bench atm then maybe guys like jese, sarabia could go to places like villareal.

i dont see anything wrong with it.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:04 am

That's just how it works,barca uses youth for themselves, Madrid uses youth for the cash.I was watching an interview with one of the castilla representatives on the tv,and he was very open about it.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:12 am

The Madrid One wrote:what way will it haunt us though? you treat it as we are gonna run out of control. hopefully we wont and nothing will happen.

we have world class players and thats bad because we should be using our cantera, you guys go to the extremes too much, you pointed valid points, but we cant just go one way or the other.

you guys wanna compare against barcelona?... we might have the 2nd best cantera after them in the world, but they had a golden generation, its not like theyve been producing them forever.
What is going to haunt us? Maybe an insane drop in youths quality since they know it's pointless to come here?

And you are just repeating some old crappy lines "going from one extreme to another" or "why you want to be like a Barca". Nobody asked team full of youths or copy of Barca. Only said that we could be much wiser and give them a chance instead of buying flavor of the month player, nothing extreme or wrong in that. Or are you perhaps saying that money was well spent with Gago 20mil, Lass 20mil, Drenthe 13mil, Huntelaar 20mil, VDV 13mil etc.? And any normal team reaps the benefit from their youths, it's not Barca only thing...
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:25 am

so you didnt answer my questions and start writing some other crap.

wont waste my time reading it
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down