izzy
RED
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool

Post by Dnmac4 Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 23:04

AttacanteBG wrote:
Ganso wrote:pool has a solid defense and midfield,the problem is that the strikers arent doing their jobs very well(scoring goals)

Which part of the midfield is solid? The only one who is close to being solid is Lucas and that about sums it all.

I agree with pretty much everything you said except about Charlie Adam. I think if there attacking players were better finishers then Adam would look like he is playing much better then what it looks like now. I really think the forwards are doing him a disservice.

Great players should make them teammates look better not vice versa. But Adam is not a great player, he is not even a solid one. I dont see his qualitis rather than crosses.

This is not true at all. First of all there are like 5-10 GREAT players in the world and Liverpool don't have any of them as most teams don't. No one ever said Charlie Adam was a GREAT player so I don't know where that came from, but if your job is to provide cross' from corners and put your attacking players in position to score and they don't score then how in the world would you make them better? You do know he can't finish for them, right? I guess every pass should put Carroll and everyone else past the keeper for a tap in right?

This is the case for every attacking midfielder, if your forwards don't finish you don't look as good, I don't know how anyone could even begin to disagree with this, but this forum surprises me everyday.

Even Suarez who is a really good player is not finishing well this year.

Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 23:08

Adam is good, He deserves to play at the highest level. He is just inconsistent and a bit dumb.

Hendo, We Liverpool fans feel, He has'nt been able to show us his real talent. He has been played wide right where he just been a normal guy who keeps it clean no more no less. We saw glimpses of his talents in the United game and U21 win for England where he played in the center.

Downing, Confidence, All he needs is a goal or some assist's. The team isn't helping him either, We have Hendo, Carroll and Suarez missing such fine crosses .. Downing himself has hit the post 2-3 times this season.. Once he gets the goal, He will be fine, Confidence does make a difference.

Enrique- Best LB in the league, Enough said.

Carroll - He has got a bunch of goals this season but the gap btw him and the midfield really worries me, If he wins a header or gets the ball at a good position, The nearest guy is Suarez near the half line.. This frustrates me. He has been constantly improving, And had a pretty good game today. He really is testing my patience with the goals and his work rate..

All the signings were brought in for the long term, It would be a bit difficult if we expected instant results.

All we need is a 4-0, 5-0 win. And we will be back.
That looks uncertain though. With our next 3 fixtures - Chelsea A, City H and Chelsea A.

Daglish needs to get things right now..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 23:10

dnmac4 wrote:
AttacanteBG wrote:
Ganso wrote:pool has a solid defense and midfield,the problem is that the strikers arent doing their jobs very well(scoring goals)

Which part of the midfield is solid? The only one who is close to being solid is Lucas and that about sums it all.

I agree with pretty much everything you said except about Charlie Adam. I think if there attacking players were better finishers then Adam would look like he is playing much better then what it looks like now. I really think the forwards are doing him a disservice.

Great players should make them teammates look better not vice versa. But Adam is not a great player, he is not even a solid one. I dont see his qualitis rather than crosses.

This is not true at all. First of all there are like 5-10 GREAT players in the world and Liverpool don't have any of them as most teams don't. No one ever said Charlie Adam was a GREAT player so I don't know where that came from, but if your job is to provide cross' from corners and put your attacking players in position to score and they don't score then how in the world would you make them better? You do know he can't finish for them, right? I guess every pass should put Carroll and everyone else past the keeper for a tap in right?

This is the case for every attacking midfielder, if your forwards don't finish you don't look as good, I don't know how anyone could even begin to disagree with this, but this forum surprises me everyday.

I can really name you about 50 players who are better then Charlie Adam, and who Liverpool can afford. His job is to be engineer on this side, playmaker, and not to get overruned in midfield wich is happening far to often. He dont make enough passes and he doesn't make difference on the pitch.

Suarez is 90% of this Liverpool and critisizing him isn't the smartest thing to do.
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 23:11

Creating chances doesn't seem to be Liverpool's problem, but converting them is. Carroll is getting a lot of criticism but he's obviously lacking form and confidence. He someone who has the ability to score goals, in my opinion. And Suarez is too good a player to be not scoring for much longer.

I also think people are getting a bit ahead of themselves here. We've played eleven games so far. Yes, Newcastle, Tottenham and Arsenal are all in good shape at the moment but who knows what can happen in the next twenty-eight games? In fact, these three teams all have one thing in common: if a couple of their key players get injured, they won't be nearly as good. So perhaps this may favour Liverpool in the end.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 23:11

Nishank wrote:Adam is good, He deserves to play at the highest level. He is just inconsistent and a bit dumb.

Hendo, We Liverpool fans feel, He has'nt been able to show us his real talent. He has been played wide right where he just been a normal guy who keeps it clean no more no less. We saw glimpses of his talents in the United game and U21 win for England where he played in the center.

Downing, Confidence, All he needs is a goal or some assist's. The team isn't helping him either, We have Hendo, Carroll and Suarez missing such fine crosses .. Downing himself has hit the post 2-3 times this season.. Once he gets the goal, He will be fine, Confidence does make a difference.

Enrique- Best LB in the league, Enough said.

Carroll - He has got a bunch of goals this season but the gap btw him and the midfield really worries me, If he wins a header or gets the ball at a good position, The nearest guy is Suarez near the half line.. This frustrates me. He has been constantly improving, And had a pretty good game today. He really is testing my patience with the goals and his work rate..

All the signings were brought in for the long term, It would be a bit difficult if we expected instant results.

All we need is a 4-0, 5-0 win. And we will be back.
That looks uncertain though. With our next 3 fixtures - Chelsea A, City H and Chelsea A.

Daglish needs to get things right now..

Agree with this post except for Henderson, I think he will be a solid EPL player but at the end of the day he is not Liverpool material if there expectations are to be a top 4 team every year.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 23:13

AttacanteBG wrote:
I can really name you about 50 players who are better then Charlie Adam, and who Liverpool can afford. His job is to be engineer on this side, playmaker, and not to get overruned in midfield wich is happening far to often. He dont make enough passes and he doesn't make difference on the pitch.

Suarez is 90% of this Liverpool and critisizing him isn't the smartest thing to do.

The only fixture where our midfield got over run was agst Tottenham and that was after 2 red cards. Other than that our Midfield has been one of the best in the league with the chances it has created.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 23:14

What is about goals that supposed to come from midfield?

Compare how many goals City, Totenham, Chelsea and United got from midfield and how many Liverpool did?
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 23:15

We don't have the luxury of ex-players scoring injury time own goals for us.

Nor the luxury of opposition' teams penalty given, and then decision taken away :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 23:17

Tottenham score goals from midfield because they don't have any strikers
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 23:18

AttacanteBG wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
AttacanteBG wrote:

I'm not trying to insult you, but I don't think you actually watch the games. First of all show me where I said anything bad about Suarez and second, Suarez's finishing has not been great this year. Look at the amount of shots he takes per each goal he scores, Adam and company create a ton of chances and the finishing just hasn't been there and Liverpool fans will agree with me.

Charlie Adam was brought in to create chances from corners, free kicks and open play which he has done. Liverpool did not buy him to be an engineer that is mostly Suarez and Gerrard territory and he is not a playmaker, that is just not what he does nor has he ever been that type of player again that is more of a Gerrard or Suarez.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 23:19

AttacanteBG wrote:What is about goals that supposed to come from midfield?

Compare how many goals City, Totenham, Chelsea and United got from midfield and how many Liverpool did?

Obviously, City have a GD of +28, While united +16. They have scored many goals, Even spurs..

What i said was chances. We havnt scored at all, Just 14 goals .. That a bit more than how many Ba is scored this season alone.
But if you check these teams out, Each of these teams have had their midfield overrun except city, We city god clobbered in the CL [ bayern ]. So i think our team is holding out well, We just need to convert those chances and we will be back ..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 23:20

Jay Spearing is the only midfielder to have dominated Yaya Toure in English football in the past 6 months...yet he is not getting a look in.

Mind boggles.

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 23:20

Spent allot of cash on average players. They were linked to Mata and Elia and they get Downing and Henderson? Besides Suarez they paid way too much for the quality of the talent they got in return.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 23:21

Our midfield is good enough in midfield. It's even great there.

It's the attackind 3rd of the field where we struggle, either by not converting our chances or not finding ways of creating clear-cut opportunities. We could do with either a bit more pace in the wings (in other words, better counter-attacking) or then more creativity in attack. Or ideally, both.

Nishank wrote:

I half-agree, Nishy. We have (Henry has) publicly stated that finishing outside top-4 would be a disappointment. That tells that he is expecting results during this season already.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 23:24

I havn't seen United game...but I am sure we still played hell a lot better than United today...yet they get a goal (own goal or massiv deflection) despite being sh*t because of their pact with the devil.

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 23:34

dnmac4 wrote:
AttacanteBG wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
AttacanteBG wrote:

I'm not trying to insult you, but I don't think you actually watch the games. First of all show me where I said anything bad about Suarez and second, Suarez's finishing has not been great this year. Look at the amount of shots he takes per each goal he scores, Adam and company create a ton of chances and the finishing just hasn't been there and Liverpool fans will agree with me.

Charlie Adam was brought in to create chances from corners, free kicks and open play which he has done. Liverpool did not buy him to be an engineer that is mostly Suarez and Gerrard territory and he is not a playmaker, that is just not what he does nor has he ever been that type of player again that is more of a Gerrard or Suarez.

You said that Suarez finishing is the problem, and that guy is in the centre of everything positive that happened for Liverpool in 2011. Yes there were time when he could finish better(altough he creates most of his chances alone), but again the goals he scored like once against Stoke is pure class wich separetes him from the rest of the team.

And you are all saying like Liverpool is creating a tone of chances every game altough 90% of them aren't clear cut chances. Adam maybe gets 2-3 good passes in the game, but like i said that is not enough. How many goals LFC got from midfield players this season? 3,4?

So, in your opininon what type of player is Adam? He is not deep lying playmaker like Xabi Alonso was for Liverpool. He is not Center midfielder that keeps it tight in midfield wining and spreading balls, runing from box to box. he is not Ofensive midfielder that creates lot and scores. So what is he? 2-3 good pases and one corner delivery per game-player? That is not enough for Liverpool.

Nishank wrote:

And yet every year there is same story. "New players", "time to gel in", and then in May when the 7th place on the table is smiling, "next season is ours"

AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 23:36

With the ridiculous amount of cash Liverpool spent, they could of got Mata and Aguero who were on the market to partner up with Suarez up front. They would of even had cash left over, instead they got a bunch of average English players.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 23:36

^

When has a single Liverpool fan here has said next season is ours ?

Stop making crap up you Gimp.

We are 3 points off of 4th place ffs with 27 games to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 23:37

windkick wrote:With the ridiculous amount of cash Liverpool spent, they could of got Mata and Aguero who were on the market to partner up with Suarez up front. They would of even had cash left over, instead they got a bunch of average English players.

I agree. They should be able to get Top 4 though if they get their act together.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 23:38

windkick wrote:With the ridiculous amount of cash Liverpool spent, they could of got Mata and Aguero who were on the market to partner up with Suarez up front. They would of even had cash left over, instead they got a bunch of average English players.

Aguero and Mata didn't want CL football and 200K wages Laughing Shocked

Lay off Bandwagoners.

BUT BUT BUT, when Rafa bought Spanish players, everyone said he was shit Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 23:39

Sepi wrote:^

You with your stupid and pointless statements havent contribute shit to this thread or any other. So stay quiet clown.
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 23:40

Sepi wrote:

Aguero and Mata didn't want CL football and 200K wages Laughing Shocked

Mata is earning less than 70k I think.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 23:42

AttacanteBG wrote:

You with your stupid and pointless statements havent contribute shit to this thread or any other. So stay quiet clown.

And this comment of your was usefull?

Just f*ck off you c*ck sucking c*nt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 23:42

:dance:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 23:45

Sepi wrote:
AttacanteBG wrote:

You are one big joke. Arguing on internet, insulting people, and yet hiding behind your stincky computer because you can never act like that in life.

You are disgrace for every club you watch, so stop supporting Liverpool, clown.
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 23:47

AttacanteBG wrote:
Sepi wrote:
AttacanteBG wrote:

You are one big joke. Arguing on internet, insulting people, and yet hiding behind your stincky computer because you can never act like that in life.

You are disgrace for every club you watch, so stop supporting Liverpool, clown.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.

I stated facts you epic weapon.

My computer is 10 times better than yours, so if my laptop is stinky, then yours has been made from the shit that falls outta your nan's ass and the piss of your dog.

Always known to re-act and not hide..be it on internet or real life...always continue like that.

Now go and satisfy your fantasies on Lemon Part you quim.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next