iftikhar
Le Samourai
fatman123
Nishankly
RuthlesGangstaDef:villin
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chelsea vs Liverpool - Season Decider Empty Chelsea vs Liverpool - Season Decider

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:19 am

Must Win game......No 2 ways about it. Don't give me, a point at Chelsea will be good, WELL, HAVE YOU SEEN OUR NEXT FIXTURE ? NO.

We need belief and confidence and a win there (though difficult) will give us that and take us outta this mini-crisis we have now. I think this is how we should line up. (Gerrard's fitness is unsure, hence Gerrard/Spearing)

Chelsea vs Liverpool - Season Decider AbBybtDak6

Reina- Obviously
Kelly- Destroyed Cole last year, should start
Skrtel- Has looked solid alongside Agger, 2 CSs on the bounce
Agger- Leader of defense, calmness on the ball, elbowing material
Enrique- Obviously
Lucas- Obviously
Spearing/Gerrard- ANYONE BUT ADAM IN CM FOR THIS GAME. We can't afford to be static without the ball. We need to press, and not give away stupid fouls. Gerrard ideal choice, if injury didn't allow it, Jay takes over. Press the opposition force their midfield to make mistake, so we can counter their high defensive line.
Kuyt- He's given Cole plenty of problems before despite his lack of trickery. Pressing in this game is very important
Bellamy- Also has history of raping Terry and Mikel. Would be a dream if Bosingwa starts, however dont' think he will. Still need Bellers to exploit the space behind their high defensive line.
Maxi- MUST MUST START. Amazing intelligence, calm in possession, makes the right runs. CAN FINISH (VERY IMPORTANT THIS ONE), and will be eager to prove a f***** point. Great understanding with Suarez obviously
Suarez- Obviously, but please be more composed.

I don't care if that line up would be like spitting at John Henry's face, and not arsed if new signings aren't starting....This is our best starting XI IMO, and will give us the best chance of beating Chelsea.

MUST WIN GAME.

Last edited by Sepi on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Chelsea vs Liverpool - Season Decider Empty Re: Chelsea vs Liverpool - Season Decider

Post by RuthlesGangstaDef:villin Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:06 am

You forgot the ref on your team
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Chelsea vs Liverpool - Season Decider Empty Re: Chelsea vs Liverpool - Season Decider

Post by Nishankly Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 am

RuthlesGangstaDef:villin wrote:You forgot the ref on your team

And what's his name?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:11 am

just realised how close this game is to the CL match, now i really wish we'd beat genk, then we'd allready have qualified and couldve plaied a second string side vs leverkusen, instead we've got a tough game here and then a "must not loose" 3 days later away to leverkusen Sad
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:22 am

Sepi you're wishful here.

Maxi isn't going to start away to Chelsea without having played a game for the season.

Put Adam in Maxi's spot and you have yourself a line up.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:25 pm

Isn't it a bit too early!!! The game is on November 20, right!!!

Though I don't agree with Sepi's Selection, I do think couple of changes in shape of Adam & Downing are imperative.

---------------Reina---------------
Glen-Carragher-Agger-Enrique
---------Lucas--Spearing---------
Kuyt-------Suarez-------Bellamy
---------------Carroll--------------

However, Henderson (as AM) instead of Kuyt with Suarez starting on RW would be better.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:24 pm

I can't agree with the sentiment shared regarding Adam though Downing has been a huge disappointment . . & honestly feel Bellamy should be given a shot with Bellamy on the left & Suarez on the right maybe with Carroll in the middle. . but putting in Spearing & Lucas together might be too defensive!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:29 pm

Fahim89 wrote:I can't agree with the sentiment shared regarding Adam though Downing has been a huge disappointment . . & honestly feel Bellamy should be given a shot with Bellamy on the left & Suarez on the right maybe with Carroll in the middle. . but putting in Spearing & Lucas together might be too defensive!

Let's debunk this myth for once and all.

Last 10 games with Lucas-Adam partnership: --> Goals Scored: 13, Goals conceded: 9

Last 10 games with Lucas-Spearing partnership: --> Goals Scored: 24. Goals Conceded: 9

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:06 pm

Excuse my liverpool knowledge, but Has Maxi ever start a PL match under kenny this season ?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:11 pm

RealGunner wrote:Excuse my liverpool knowledge, but Has Maxi ever start a PL match under kenny this season ?

No :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Beggers belief. He has started 3 CC games and has 1 goal and assist there. smoking

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:52 pm

Seasons aren't decided in November, but a win here would go some way to repairing the damage caused by the draws against Norwich & Swansea.

I might start:

Reina
Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
Henderson Lucas Spearing Bellamy
Kuyt Suarez
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:53 pm

Terry and Lampard are both on the wrong side.

The play the left side of CM and CB.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:56 am

Sepi wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:I can't agree with the sentiment shared regarding Adam though Downing has been a huge disappointment . . & honestly feel Bellamy should be given a shot with Bellamy on the left & Suarez on the right maybe with Carroll in the middle. . but putting in Spearing & Lucas together might be too defensive!

Let's debunk this myth for once and all.

Last 10 games with Lucas-Adam partnership: --> Goals Scored: 13, Goals conceded: 9

Last 10 games with Lucas-Spearing partnership: --> Goals Scored: 24. Goals Conceded: 9

That i guess is not a reflection on how Lucas & Spearing created chances cause i believe in terms of creating chances Lucas-Adam would far eclipse Lucas-Spearing duo. But it sadly is the reflection on how our forward players were putting balls more easily into the net, like Kuyt going on to score in almost every match! & Maxi coming up with the hattrick.

So i believe if you take into count the clear cut chances we have missed with Lucas-Adam partnership things would have been a lot better. Why not just include the number of times we have hit the post . . i guess around 10-11 times, that itself makes up 23-24 goals put aside the chances! ! which heard according to stats Liverpool had the highest number this season!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:00 am

kick mars wrote:Terry and Lampard are both on the wrong side.

The play the left side of CM and CB.

Yeah Ramires usually plays further up than Lampard.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:30 am

Ramires is my biggest worry.
I think our fullback will be able to handle Sturridge and Mata, but Ramires is freaking fast, presses like hell and is in goal scoring mood. He'll force a red card from Adam, and that's why I don't want Adam to start.

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:45 pm

I would like to see this:
Kuyt-------Suarez-------Bellamy
---------------Carroll--------------

Another possibility is this:
Kuyt-----------------------Bellamy
---------Carroll-Suarez-----------

I think we will see Kuyt start as this is a “big game,” and we are more likely to see Spearing than in some other matches. It is an away game, and despite what anyone says about playing a positive game, not conceding will go a long way towards a positive result. Jay certainly gives us a better chance at a clean sheet than Adam. That said, I think we are likely to see Adam in midfield again given Kenny’s track record of faith in his abilities.

It’s also possible that we could see a Kuyt/Suarez or even a Bellamy/Suarez partnership up top with Hendo on the right or Downing on the left. I think this would be a mistake. Say what you will about Carroll’s form, but he has shown the beginnings of improvement and understanding with Suarez. Pulling him from this game would stymie any progress on that front and probably tank his confidence. The lad is 22. He needs a good showing against a good team to boost his confidence. He needs to play with the other starters to build a relationship. Let’s give him the chance, shall we? The kid’s got goals in him. I want to see him “free the beast” on someone, like he did against Man City last year. If Carroll can hit form (which we have seen him do in the Premier League) Liverpool’s attack suddenly becomes far more potent. Moreover, he will open up opportunities for other players.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:42 pm

Season decider in November... yea, alright then.

Considering we're top 5 in the form table atm and having this sort of thing I think I'll be sticking to Admin duties for a while. Enjoy yourselves.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:35 pm

RedOranje wrote:Season decider in November... yea, alright then.

Considering we're top 5 in the form table atm and having this sort of thing I think I'll be sticking to Admin duties for a while. Enjoy yourselves.

Obviously it's not a season decider, but if you're not going to have some "what's wrong with the team?" discussions after drawing two promoted clubs at Anfield then when are you going to have that type of conversations?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:57 pm

Art Morte wrote:
RedOranje wrote:Season decider in November... yea, alright then.

Obviously it's not a season decider, but if you're not going to have some "what's wrong with the team?" discussions after drawing two promoted clubs at Anfield then when are you going to have that type of conversations?

and after the last five games we had, if we WEREN'T top five in the form table it would be a problem. usually agree with your optimism and ability to look at the big picture without panicking, but you need to acknowledge that our last several results have been worrying even if there are ways to make us look good on paper.

you're right, it's not a "season decider," but it could have a major impact on our team's confidence going into the second third of the season and picking up points against our rivals will have a major impact on our champions league chances. this game is important.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:36 pm

In a side that's played together for years, and has all its best players fit, and knowing their roles you'd all have a point.

In a side that has, by and large, played together for less than a third of the season it really is early doors to be deciding there's some serious issue(s) there. We were never likely to see anything near the best of our players and side before late December or even January. In a side that has players still developing understandings with each there are always going to be those that seem off the pace, misplaced passes, and inconsistencies. That's what we're see now: growing pains. I don't know what it is that has fans so ready to jump the gun in the modern age but it's not something I enjoy reading and it's certainly not the type of thing I like to spend my entire time debating. If we were simply discussing whether a different formation would get more out of players, or the like, I'd probably not be so annoyed, but the hyperbole that has become prevalent is not my cup of tea, so to speak.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:29 pm

Big game? yes

season decided? no

the rent boys hardly ever cause us problems so I predict a fairly easy win.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:40 pm

If we hadn't dropped points with 'smallers' teams, this wouldn't have become so big. Even then it's big no for the points at stake but for purely pschychological reasons.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:02 am

iftikhar wrote:If we hadn't dropped points with 'smallers' teams, this wouldn't have become so big. Even then it's big no for the points at stake but for purely pschychological reasons.

This I can buy. However, to say this fixture is a "season decider" is even a step beyond hyperbole. Suspect
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:42 am

Martin Atkinson is the ref.

banana

Back to top Go down

Post by chaval Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:37 am

Meh it can go either way
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum