juve_gigi
eddy
JuvenelCuore
AttacanteBG
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Could Balotelli Break Riva's Record?  - Page 4 Empty Re: Could Balotelli Break Riva's Record?

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:47 pm

Luca wrote:Every way of defining world class is biased...

Pretty much.

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Could Balotelli Break Riva's Record?  - Page 4 Empty Re: Could Balotelli Break Riva's Record?

Post by Il Pinguino Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:49 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
2. I do not see Rossi as a top five striker, but I do see him as a top ten striker, and I think the top ten players in every position should be considered as worldclass.
Ibra, Eto, Drogba, Villa, Van Persie, Suarez, Cavani, Messi(if considered a striker), Rooney, Dzeko, Aguero, Gomez, Cassano, Benzema, Higuain and the list can go on....

They may not all be "world class" but they are all better then Rossi imo, and there are more then 10 here....

Your definition of "world class" is too vast....
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Pinguino Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:51 pm

Luca wrote:Every way of defining world class is biased...
True but when you brand someone as "world class" you are pretty much saying they are the best of the best. Top 10 in every position is too much...Calling Rossi world class is even more biased he isn't near that level yet. Why don't we create a poll in the general section to see how many think Rossi is world class?
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:54 pm

I wouldn't say that if means most of us say that certain player is the best. I think it just means he's just that good, in a sense that he can play for any team, because he's that good.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Because creating a poll in the general section is just asking for peoples SUBJECTIVE opinion

I don't think he is world class, maybe the tier before world class but he can become world class
Same with Balotelli

Do I think Rossi is a top ten striker in the world? (aka your definition)
No, I suppose I do not

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:58 pm

@ tony's last post: No, that's an assumption youre making. He has never scored in EPL, and hardly displayed world class on his loan to Parma. He has done well with Villareal, thats the most he has going for him besides a few good displays with Italy.

Again, don't get me wrong, he is on the right path, just not there yet.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:44 am

The_ItalianFool wrote:@ tony's last post: No, that's an assumption youre making. He has never scored in EPL, and hardly displayed world class on his loan to Parma. He has done well with Villareal, thats the most he has going for him besides a few good displays with Italy.

What do you mean he never showed to be a good player in Parma? He scored 10 goals out of 20 in Parma at such a young age... and has proven to be great with Villareal in the last two seasons, but mostly the last one. Not to mention he's been on form with Italy since the Cond. Cup and in his U21 level. The only reason why he didn't participate in the World Cup was sadly due to his father's death and his absense for a while in football, not to mention Lippi was a stubburn old man.

He's there, he just needs to get signed from a top club. Tottenham in the winter wanted Rossi for 35m, got rejected, not once.. but twice. Juventus wanted him for 25m, but rejected again. His value and offers from other clubs just goes to show how close he is as well. If he's wanted by those values, there is no way in denying his values as a player and that being he's on the peak of being a WC player.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:05 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:@ tony's last post: No, that's an assumption youre making. He has never scored in EPL, and hardly displayed world class on his loan to Parma. He has done well with Villareal, thats the most he has going for him besides a few good displays with Italy.

What do you mean he never showed to be a good player in Parma? He scored 10 goals out of 20 in Parma at such a young age... and has proven to be great with Villareal in the last two seasons, but mostly the last one. Not to mention he's been on form with Italy since the Cond. Cup and in his U21 level. The only reason why he didn't participate in the World Cup was sadly due to his father's death and his absense for a while in football, not to mention Lippi was a stubburn old man.

He's there, he just needs to get signed from a top club. Tottenham in the winter wanted Rossi for 35m, got rejected, not once.. but twice. Juventus wanted him for 25m, but rejected again. His value and offers from other clubs just goes to show how close he is as well. If he's wanted by those values, there is no way in denying his values as a player and that being he's on the peak of being a WC player.

Every claim that you just made, as far as I know, is just media speculation therefore irrelevant if you ask me.

Even if what you say is true, he still isn't world class.

/enddiscussion
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4