Are We the Unluckiest Team in the World ?

+9
iftikhar
Red Alert
Le Samourai
chaval
Eman
donttreadonred
stevieg8
McAgger
Nishankly
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are We the Unluckiest Team in the World ? Empty Are We the Unluckiest Team in the World ?

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:51 pm

Can't believe we didn't win in the end.

So gutted.....Imagine if Andy's header had gone in...what a relief it would have been

Need to win next 6 games before meeting City again. WE CAN DO IT !!

Back to top Go down

Are We the Unluckiest Team in the World ? Empty Re: Are We the Unluckiest Team in the World ?

Post by Nishankly Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:05 pm

Yes we are ... We should be on the top of this league if not top, then the first three but we arent .. The squad is good enough for the title IMO..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Are We the Unluckiest Team in the World ? Empty Re: Are We the Unluckiest Team in the World ?

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:50 pm

agree with both of you
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:58 pm

I think we are a poacher and a world class wide player away from being title challengers.

I am really warming to Adam..he's been getting better lately and takes a lot of responsibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:15 pm

All i think we need is a striker..

City - Balo, Aguero, Dzeko, Tevez. Aguero and Dzeko are WC can lift the team single handedly.

Spurs - Defoe, Adebayor.

Chelsea - Torres, Sturridge, Drogba

Arsenal - RVP, Gervinho

Newcastle - BA, Best, Ameobi Razz

United - Rooney, Berba or Chicha.

All these guys have at least one target man or two strikers good with the ball on their feet.

We only have Suarez, And Carroll cant step it up unfortunately..

So we need a striker badly.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:25 pm

i know we need a striker and all, but has anyone else noticed how we seem to be running into keepers on the day they give their career best performances? it's happened like 4 times already.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:46 am

Sepi wrote:I think we are a poacher and a world class wide player away from being title challengers.

I am really warming to Adam..he's been getting better lately and takes a lot of responsibility

We are a good run of form away from fulfilling your wish. I still have faith that Downing can produce on the left. Also, if Carroll can hit form, Suarez can be that poacher. Carroll merely needs to find his scoring touch to open things up for Suarez. The reason Suarez isn't scoring is because he gets doubled up every time he get near the box with the ball. We get an in-form striker paired with him, and defenses can no longer afford to take that risk.

As for the winger... I have faith in downing. Yes, he has put in several shifts as the "invisible man", but I still think he can be valuable on the left. I do agreed that we need another winger to cover on the right. I love Kuyt, but we need a dribbler. Someone that can beat a their man with pace and then swing in a cross. That's not Kuyt's game and, to be fair, it never has been. Does anyone think Reus breaking his toe could lower his price? :coffee:
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:56 pm

Having watched the highlights from the QPR game (sadly slept through it this week), I really have to wonder again... How is it that keepers have their best games consistently against us? I haven't been a football fan for that long, so maybe I'm reading things wrong and it's really just that our finishing is poor, but it seems like its more than that. I feel like every game where we've complained about our finishing, there have been 5+ saves that have been made full stretch, just barely poked away from a top corner before they went in... this happens both against teams with top keepers (both Manchester teams, for example) or the lower sides (Norwich, Swansea, QPR all come to mind), but regardless of who it is, they seem to play the best game of their life against us.

Yes, in the game this weekend, there were a few chances we shot straight at the keeper and should've done better, but there were even more - Maxi's shot off Suarez's pullback, for instance - that were stopped by a beautiful diving, outstretched arm. Our record of going off the bar or post seems to mimic the same thing. Seriously, what is Kenny/the players supposed to do differently on that front other than hope someone makes some major gaffes to even out this record already?
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:49 pm

Nishank wrote:All i think we need is a striker..

City - Balo, Aguero, Dzeko, Tevez. Aguero and Dzeko are WC can lift the team single handedly.

Spurs - Defoe, Adebayor.

Chelsea - Torres, Sturridge, Drogba

Arsenal - RVP, Gervinho

Newcastle - BA, Best, Ameobi Razz

United - Rooney, Berba or Chicha.

All these guys have at least one target man or two strikers good with the ball on their feet.

We only have Suarez, And Carroll cant step it up unfortunately..

So we need a striker badly.
I don't know how I ended up in this section, but we (Arsenal) don't have more than one WC striker either, and I'd rate Carroll higher than Chamakh atm. Gervinho doesn't count because 1) he plays as a winger, and 2) his lack of composure in front of goal can be embarrassing. Obviously you guys play with a different system and need two strikers, but from what I've seen as an outsider, your first priority should be a tricky, pacy winger to open things up...

...or Podolski :coffee:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:35 am

Counted Gervinho as he is pretty good with the ball at his feet. Nothing more Razz
RVP counts as two nonetheless..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by chaval Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:58 am

As ive said all along.....

buy Doumbia. problem solved
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:07 am

donttreadonred wrote:
Sepi wrote:I think we are a poacher and a world class wide player away from being title challengers.

We are a good run of form away from fulfilling your wish. I still have faith that Downing can produce on the left. Also, if Carroll can hit form, Suarez can be that poacher. Carroll merely needs to find his scoring touch to open things up for Suarez. The reason Suarez isn't scoring is because he gets doubled up every time he get near the box with the ball. We get an in-form striker paired with him, and defenses can no longer afford to take that risk.

As for the winger... I have faith in downing. Yes, he has put in several shifts as the "invisible man", but I still think he can be valuable on the left. I do agreed that we need another winger to cover on the right. I love Kuyt, but we need a dribbler. Someone that can beat a their man with pace and then swing in a cross. That's not Kuyt's game and, to be fair, it never has been. Does anyone think Reus breaking his toe could lower his price? :coffee:

I just read that he's worth around 17.5mill......to be honest I would pay that in a heartbeat for him
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:51 am

Reus isn't exactly a striker.....although Suarez+Reus behind a class striker is really scary.

!7.5 mil :facepalm: We blew 20 mil on Downing...so don't know if we have the money.

If I were John Henry.........I would not rest in my pusuit of Roberto Soldado. The complete opposite of Caroll.......ambidextrous, excellent finisher.....everything we need.Of course he's at a Champions Leauge team so we'd need to secure CL or at the very least Europa Leauge status.

Other than Soldado.......Gramiero may be looking to leave PSG soon........would be another excellent transfer ..similar to soldado.

I'm pessimistic about literally every one else.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:35 am

Gamiero just signed for PSG in the summer. He's not going to come.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:56 am

My ideal striker signing for us would be one of these guys:

Cavani
Falcao
Soldado
Llorente
Fernando Torres

Personally my first choice would be one of the other guys but El nino would be a welcomed addition in my eyes.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:05 am

Have no chance of Cavani, Torres and Falcao joining in January. They were just brought in from their respected clubs and there's a lot of rumours of 'Nando leaving but it's bullshit. There's no way a 50m signing will leave a year later. Especially with the FFR coming in soon. Even if he was for sale... I will not accept 'Nando back. He was sold as a statement to other LFC players that Kenny will sell you if you're not 100% commited no matter how good you are. Don't get me wrong, I still like him as a player, but the way he treated us in January... he can gtfo.

Llorente would be a great signing, but I just don't see it happening. Bilbao only recruits a player from Basque heritage, and there's no other decent strikers out there that could replace him for Bilbao to succede unless we pay up... a lot. Andy also has the potential to be that big target man. We should be looking for more of a poacher or a fox in the box (a different option). We need a player similar to Hernandez from United.

I havn't seen a lot of Valencia this year, as I've been busy with school... but from what I've heard he is a beast. No point me judging if I havn't seen him play regularly lately, though.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:02 am

yeah i wasn't thinking for us to break the bank in January for one of those guys, but moving on to the summer for the future we'll need a world class ST and I would love one of those guy to be our future star striker. We all know why Kenny signed Carroll, to have a big, powerful, goalscoring presence up front. Obviously the 35mill for Carroll was rushed and he's having trouble living up to the expectations as he's young and is still not ready to take the reins up top for us. Out of all the guys i named i think what Kenny wanted was a Llorente type striker. Llorente is perfect imo for the role that Kenny wants Andy to play. He's even bigger and more powerful then Carroll, and plus he has the elegance, technique, and first touch of an play-maker.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:15 am

I don't wanna break the bank for LLorente.......we have Caroll....he's that type of player.

I would love Cavani but it's highly doubtful that he joins.Soladado is the best bet IMO......his price tag shouldn't be bad either.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:28 pm

On paper, to me at least, Suarez & either of Bellamy, Kuyt or Maxi behind Carroll seems like a formidable attack. Don't understand why this hasn't happened yet. It's been almost a year since Suarez, Carroll, Maxi & Kuyt has been playing together; so they should have clicked by now.

May be we are unlucky Crying or Very sad
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:32 pm

Honestly, after Chav's win now, the table annoys me.

We battered City and got 1 point, Chelsea scored both their shots on target and won.

26 points do not reflect our performances....it's depressing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:59 am

Are We the Unluckiest Team in the World ? Index.php?action=dlattach;topic=282343

:facepalm:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:09 am

Sepi wrote::facepalm:

we have the worst goal conversion rate in the league! ! ! Sad

Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:52 am

^

We'd sit 2nd or third comfortably if our conversion rate was higher by 3-4% . It's been a very frustrating season.

Raul's tackle which caught Milner's leg tonight didn't win the ball, and just caught the leg of City's player, studs up, yet only a yellow, whereas Jay gets a red card after winning the ball.

16 times, we've hit the post. 2 penalties missd. We've had very little luck (mayb only Rodwell's RC) in 50/50 situations Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:34 am

Norwich, Swansea, Stoke, Fulham; that's 10 points lost due to poor finishing.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:04 pm

we're so unlucky Suarez hits the woodwork twice against Aston Villa. And these were the type of woodwork shots that usually go in. Underside of the bar and inside of the post both miraculously bouncing out.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum