CBarca
LeSwagg James
TheRedStag
Bellabong
Mr Nick09
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sepp Blatter: Goal line technology in Brazil 2014 Empty Sepp Blatter: Goal line technology in Brazil 2014

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has revealed that goal-line technology will be introduced for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

The 75-year-old ignored repeated calls for technology to be brought in following the controversy at last year's World Cup in South Africa, when England midfielder Frank Lampard saw an effort ruled out against Germany despite the ball having clearly crossed the line.

That was just one of numerous incidents in recent years and caused controversy because it would have seen Fabio Capello's side draw level at 2-2 in the second-round match, which they eventually lost 4-1.

But Blatter, who was re-elected earlier in 2011 despite corruption claims and calls for a more modern approach in the game, has recently warmed to the idea of goal-line technology and in an interview with El Mundo Deportivo, he has now suggested it will become a reality at Brazil 2014.

He told the Catalan daily: "Brazil 2014 will have technology to avoid 'phantom goals.'

"We have two good systems which correspond to the needs we have been considering: reliability, immediacy and [methods that are] uncomplicated to use."
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Sepp Blatter: Goal line technology in Brazil 2014 Empty Re: Sepp Blatter: Goal line technology in Brazil 2014

Post by Bellabong Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:50 pm

Huge surprise O.o

Kinda fitting though, since the ENG - GER WC Karma has been equallized.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Sepp Blatter: Goal line technology in Brazil 2014 Empty Re: Sepp Blatter: Goal line technology in Brazil 2014

Post by TheRedStag Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:53 pm

About time.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:00 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:About time.

Damn right.. Football needs get get out of the stone age ffs

Next up video reviews of difficult calls
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:10 pm

I actually don't hate this anymore...BUT

Anymore technology will ruin the integrity of the sport.

This is where it stops.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:15 pm

idk how i feel about this. lampard's england goal was a shame because it did cross the line.

however i fear further americanization of football (video replays etc.)

for me: the less technology the better as far as football goes.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:20 pm

It makes sense to use it at the top level of football, especially for goal line decisions. However I don't think it will solve everything, people are still debating Higuain's "handball" lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:22 pm

It will take 3 years to do this? Seriously?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:32 pm

deezydeez wrote:idk how i feel about this. lampard's england goal was a shame because it did cross the line.

How so?
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:34 pm

CBarca wrote:I actually don't hate this anymore...BUT

Anymore technology will ruin the integrity of the sport.

This is where it stops.

Cutting down on diving and cheating will ruin the sports integrity??

hmm
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:49 pm

Swagg_Johnson wrote:
deezydeez wrote:idk how i feel about this. lampard's england goal was a shame because it did cross the line.

How so?

what divides football from american and other sports is that it is non stop flow, 45 minutes break then another 45 minutes.

not this stop and go lets have a break to analyze every decision, watch commercials etc.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:51 pm

Technology would actually help save time in football as the time it would take to confirm a call would be less than the time players spend bitching about it. Additionally, not every call will be contested, and ideally there'd be a limit to the amount of times this could be done.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:52 pm

Swagg_Johnson wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:About time.

Damn right.. Football needs get get out of the stone age ffs

Next up video reviews of difficult calls
exactly
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Technology would actually help save time in football as the time it would take to confirm a call would be less than the time players spend bitching about it. .
exactly
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:55 pm

There are arguments for both sides. I personally would like video review for goal line decisions since time is usually wasted in such circumstances anyway.

But on the other hand I can definitely see companies exploiting the game if it becomes too stop/start. I don't want to be told what the benefits of bud light are every time the ref has to make a decision.

For diving etc. just have post match reviews and hand out punishments after the game. That will cut diving down. Of course it actually has to be applied so the football bodies have to be brave about following through with it.

Last edited by Zealous on Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:56 pm

Zealous wrote:It makes sense to use it at the top level of football, especially for goal line decisions. However I don't think it will solve everything, people are still debating Higuain's "handball" lol

this is the main thing that annoys me about video technology discussions, i'm not saying it's exactly what you were saying but people are like.. "even with goal line technology it can't solve all the problems so why bother"

i can never understand how a person could think like that

improving some incorrect decisions > improving nothing

should be clear as day that it's the better option. also, if video technology doesn't work out then simply stop using it. there's no excuse at all for it to not be brought into the game
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:00 am

andiii wrote:
Zealous wrote:It makes sense to use it at the top level of football, especially for goal line decisions. However I don't think it will solve everything, people are still debating Higuain's "handball" lol

this is the main thing that annoys me about video technology discussions, i'm not saying it's exactly what you were saying but people are like.. "even with goal line technology it can't solve all the problems so why bother"

i can never understand how a person could think like that

improving some incorrect decisions > improving nothing

should be clear as day that it's the better option

I said it might not solve everything and honestly I'm convinced that I'm right here. There are loads of examples where video evidence hasn't come up with anything conclusive.

It might help reduce bad calls (and honestly a large number of refs do a great job considering how hard it is without technology) but the way some of you speak about this would make one think that it would fix everything you think is wrong with the game. I don't buy that, sure it could help but I personally don't see it as the magic pill that will solve all your problems.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:05 am

no offence but did you actually read my post haha?

sounds like you're quoting someone else

andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:16 am

deezydeez wrote:
Swagg_Johnson wrote:

How so?

what divides football from american and other sports is that it is non stop flow, 45 minutes break then another 45 minutes.

not this stop and go lets have a break to analyze every decision, watch commercials etc.

It would take a few seconds to make a decision.. When something happens the viewers on TV see a replay of it right.. Why not have an extra ref in the stadium watch the same replay (although quicker than we see it) and then communicate with the refs on the pitch over a microphone.. That's all it takes

I think it should be for big decisions such as red cards, penalties, and possible dives

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:19 am

Btw andiii is that you in your avatar?
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:21 am

Swagg_Johnson wrote:
I think it should be for big decisions such as red cards, penalties, and possible dives

This is reasonable enough. But i would restrict it to red cards and penalties. As a dive resulting in a penalty would be covered in penalties itself.

For diving outside the D, just review it after the match and hand out match bans.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:23 am

andiii wrote:no offence but did you actually read my post haha?

sounds like you're quoting someone else

I'm a nice guy so I read your post again, I think my reply was relevant enough. If my point didn't seem clear then I apologise. silent
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:25 am

kiranr wrote:
Swagg_Johnson wrote:

This is reasonable enough. But i would restrict it to red cards and penalties. As a dive resulting in a penalty would be covered in penalties itself.

For diving outside the D, just review it after the match and hand out match bans.

What about a dive right outside the penalty box? lol
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:28 am

Swagg_Johnson wrote:
kiranr wrote:
Swagg_Johnson wrote:

What about a dive right outside the penalty box? lol

I thought of that. But a free kick is a lot more difficult than a penalty. So i think we have to let go of some control in such cases. If we include dives, it will lead to too many breaks for my liking.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:43 pm

After those racist comments you need to do something special to be forgotten
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:38 pm

so the estimated time of introducing the cutting edge technology of "dude with a headset watching a tv" is 3 years?

well done fifa...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next