Seppuku
Vapotrini
guest7
Mr Nick09
billionmillion
33 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Difference between Messi and Neymar - Page 3 Empty Re: Difference between Messi and Neymar

Post by windkick Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:13 am

Biggest difference between the two is that when Messi gets hacked he trys to dribble over and keep running as fast as possible. When Nerman gets hacked he usually loses the ball or dives

windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Difference between Messi and Neymar - Page 3 Empty Re: Difference between Messi and Neymar

Post by Seppuku Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:21 am

windkick wrote:Biggest difference between the two is that when Messi gets hacked he trys to dribble over and keep running as fast as possible. When Nerman gets hacked he usually loses the ball or dives

Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:44 am

Well, when playing against Germany with their NTs, neither Neymar nor Messi looked too convincing. ^^

Other than that, the really biggest head-to-head difference: the hair!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:54 am

Messi is the best player in the world. Comparisions can be made but only to show the big gap between Messi and any other player in the world.

The only player that can be as good if not better than Messi is Cristiano but he has to overcome alot of psychological and physiological obstacles starting with his ego and ways of football and his understanding to the game and passing through his calves which are either under-developed or at their limit.

huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:23 am

huntsman wrote:Messi is the best player in the world. Comparisions can be made but only to show the big gap between Messi and any other player in the world.

The only player that can be as good if not better than Messi is Cristiano but he has to overcome alot of psychological and physiological obstacles starting with his ego and ways of football and his understanding to the game and passing through his calves which are either under-developed or at their limit.

the prophecy has spoken :bow:
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:55 am

rsinatra wrote:

but he stayed in brazil, and his is a totally different case, i could show you examples of neymar's genius just like you're showing me examples of messi's at 19, but you will question it because it was not done over some big name in europe.

Really, after Santos pathetic showing vs. Barça, everything Neymar has done vs. South American clubs counts for little. One wonders how Santos won Libertadores with such a crap defence and only two good players that don't seem any better than some players at Vila-real, Napoli or Tottenham; and the likely answer is because south american football is not what it used to be.

Brasil average NT is another example of that.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:56 pm

huntsman wrote:Messi is the best player in the world. Comparisions can be made but only to show the big gap between Messi and any other player in the world.

Just curious, but since when calfs are such an integral muscle for being a footballer?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:04 pm

Can someone tell me why Neymar is even being mentioned next to Messi?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:54 pm

free_cat wrote:
rsinatra wrote:

but he stayed in brazil, and his is a totally different case, i could show you examples of neymar's genius just like you're showing me examples of messi's at 19, but you will question it because it was not done over some big name in europe.

Really, after Santos pathetic showing vs. Barça, everything Neymar has done vs. South American clubs counts for little. One wonders how Santos won Libertadores with such a crap defence and only two good players that don't seem any better than some players at Vila-real, Napoli or Tottenham; and the likely answer is because south american football is not what it used to be.

did you even watch santos at the libertadores? we played with another system. for some reason, muricy tried to make a new system to face barcelona, one the players weren't used to .. elano himself was always a starter at the libertadores, yesterday he was benched. not to mention that his form was superb then, and now is very poor.

we also had our best marking DM injured right before the CWC.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:14 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Can someone tell me why Neymar is even being mentioned next to Messi?
He's Brazilian and hyped to hell and back by Pele & the media.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:21 pm

Neymar still has A LOT to prove. He's not near Messi's level yet. I think Messi at 19 was better than Neymar is now. People forget just how crazy good Messi at 19 was, even Ronaldinho in his prime said it. He said "watch this kid, because he will be better than us all"
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by paddy Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:24 pm

Difference is that Neymar looks like a very good player, but still has it all to prove, while Messi is probably the greatest of all time

paddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:29 pm

rsinatra wrote:
free_cat wrote:
rsinatra wrote:

did you even watch santos at the libertadores? we played with another system. for some reason, muricy tried to make a new system to face barcelona, one the players weren't used to .. elano himself was always a starter at the libertadores, yesterday he was benched. not to mention that his form was superb then, and now is very poor.

we also had our best marking DM injured right before the CWC.

This.

The team Santos won the Libertadores with was different and played different. I said this in another thread when the starting lineup came out and I saw Elano on the bench I looked at my roommate and said OMG, Santos is going to get killed. W/o Elano they had no shot at keeping the ball.

Also, they have sold some players and the lineup was just much different, plus the coaching.

You need to look no further then Inter when they were in this comp after Mou left and they had most of the same team but it was a little different. They were a shell of themselves.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:36 pm

free_cat wrote:
rsinatra wrote:

Oh, great, another pretentious Barcelona fan who knows nothing about the opposition.

Firstly, you do know that Santos played a completely different system to the one they played in the Libertadores? That, in a way, effected the way the team played. Secondly, Santos won the Libertadores thanks the stability and solidity throughout the defence, which you clearly don't know about since you've just watched one game and made a laughable post. One wonders whether you're a troll, deluded, sane but pretentious or just human? Thirdly, did you expect Neymar to tear apart Puyol and Pique? Did you expect him to inflict serious damage to Barcelona's defence, because if you did then that just shows how much you know. Fourthly, Santos losing to Barcelona doesn't show how weak South American football is, if anything, it shows how much progress Barcelona have made since losing 0-1, thanks to a brilliant Pato goal, several seasons back. Lastly, I lol'd at your post.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:45 pm

Gladiator wrote:
free_cat wrote:
rsinatra wrote:

Oh, great, another pretentious Barcelona fan who knows nothing about the opposition.

Firstly, you do know that Santos played a completely different system to the one they played in the Libertadores? That, in a way, effected the way the team played. Secondly, Santos won the Libertadores thanks the stability and solidity throughout the defence, which you clearly don't know about since you've just watched one game and made a laughable post. One wonders whether you're a troll, deluded, sane but pretentious or just human? Thirdly, did you expect Neymar to tear apart Puyol and Pique? Did you expect him to inflict serious damage to Barcelona's defence, because if you did then that just shows how much you know. Fourthly, Santos losing to Barcelona doesn't show how weak South American football is, if anything, it shows how much progress Barcelona have made since losing 0-1, thanks to a brilliant Pato goal, several seasons back. Lastly, I lol'd at your post.

You can see my post above yours so I'm on the same page as you about Santos. But I did expect Neymar to do more. It's not right to say after the game that he's crap because of the 0-4 result but it's also not right to give him a total pass for his poor display. Yes I did expect him to take on Puyol and Pique as he will have to face good/great defenders to win a comp like this or when he goes to Europe or in the World Cup.

He was seriously undermanned against Barca but so have a lot of other players when they play them and they show better then he did. HE has to take responsibility for his poor display even though it wasn't all his fault.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:51 pm

Gladiator wrote:
free_cat wrote:
rsinatra wrote:

People expected Neymar to atleast make a couple of good plays and score maybe, especially after all the praise of Pele, the media and kids on youtube.

And Pato didn't score against us in the 2006 CWC final (if that's what you were referring to in that "fourthly" part)

Last edited by Lionel Messi on Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:52 pm

We were also expecting him to get the ball more than he did

Last edited by Ganso on Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:52 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
free_cat wrote:
rsinatra wrote:

You can see my post above yours so I'm on the same page as you about Santos. But I did expect Neymar to do more. It's not right to say after the game that he's crap because of the 0-4 result but it's also not right to give him a total pass for his poor display. Yes I did expect him to take on Puyol and Pique as he will have to face good/great defenders to win a comp like this or when he goes to Europe or in the World Cup.

He was seriously undermanned against Barca but so have a lot of other players when they play them and they show better then he did. HE has to take responsibility for his poor display even though it wasn't all his fault.

Yes, you're right, he does have to take responsibility for his poor performance, but it definitely wasn't his fault. How many quality, not saying Neymar is quality or not because it will cause a heated discussion, players have shined against Barcelona over the past couple of seasons? Not a lot is the answer. The matter of the fact is - that against Barcelona you will get pressed so much so that you will lose confidence and become anonymous, and I guess sometimes there's nothing you can do, it's the beauty of Guardiola's tactics, which makes me appreciate him even more. If Ronaldo can't get past Puyol and Pique on a consistent basis against Barcelona, then Neymar can't, it's that easy, even though the logic is far off.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:54 pm

Gladiator wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
free_cat wrote:
rsinatra wrote:

Yes, you're right, he does have to take responsibility for his poor performance, but it definitely wasn't his fault. How many quality, not saying Neymar is quality or not because it will cause a heated discussion, players have shined against Barcelona over the past couple of seasons? Not a lot is the answer. The matter of the fact is - that against Barcelona you will get pressed so much so that you will lose confidence and become anonymous, and I guess sometimes there's nothing you can do, it's the beauty of Guardiola's tactics, which makes me appreciate him even more. If Ronaldo can't get past Puyol and Pique on a consistent basis against Barcelona, then Neymar can't, it's that easy, even though the logic is far off.
No bro,he apparently was supposed to rip barca apart according to this forum
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:57 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
free_cat wrote:
rsinatra wrote:

People expected Neymar to atleast make a couple of good plays and score maybe, especially after all the praise of Pele, the media and kids on youtube.

And Pato didn't score against us in the 2006 CWC final (if that's what you were referring to in that "fourthly" part)

Sorry, my bad, thought Pato did score, but I remember the game finishing 0-1, the scorer is irrelevant. Anyway, I guess you're one of those who believe Pele word-for-word?

PS - I guess Messi can't header a ball... :facepalm:
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:58 pm

Ganso wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
free_cat wrote:
rsinatra wrote:

No bro,he apparently was supposed to rip barca apart according to this forum

Wow, really? Shows how much people have watched Neymar. Dear God... :facepalm:
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:51 pm

Poor Neymar deceived by Pele
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:57 pm

Can someone tell me why Muniain isn't getting half the hype Neymar is getting?
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:06 pm

Since when has munian been playing well again?has he won any trophies at all?91 apps 14 goals Suspect

If he keeps it up for another season i think hell start getting hyped,but for now he has done nothing of notice
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:13 pm

Ganso wrote:Since when has munian been playing well again?has he won any trophies at all?91 apps 14 goals Suspect

If he keeps it up for another season i think hell start getting hyped,but for now he has done nothing of notice

Scoring late equalisers for Bilbao, or just scoring in important games for them, or overall just scoring when it matters

Not to mention the goals he sets up. and lets not forget his performances, excellent ones

and dude he just turned 19, what did messi score 30 goals at 19? at 19 messi scored 16 goals, albeit more he is young and that can improve

muniain the real next thing in football, madrid should get him :bow:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:21 pm

omarish wrote:
Ganso wrote:Since when has munian been playing well again?has he won any trophies at all?91 apps 14 goals Suspect

Scoring late equalisers for Bilbao, or just scoring in important games for them, or overall just scoring when it matters

Not to mention the goals he sets up. and lets not forget his performances, excellent ones

and dude he just turned 19, what did messi score 30 goals at 19? at 19 messi scored 16 goals, albeit more he is young and that can improve

muniain the real next thing in football, madrid should get him :bow:
thats just the definition of a good youngster,he basically just plays well.Neymar,Hazard and Gotze get hype because they are very above average when it comes to youngsters + they are winning trophies
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next