+3
FennecFox7
CBarca
svt
7 posters

Go down

What a month! Empty What a month!

Post by svt Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:19 am

It's been quite a long time since I posted but wow! What a month for us barca fans!!

- Losing to Getafe in a poor and complacent manner
- Playing poorly away from home all season
- Weathering the media storm (as every year we do) that the cycle is over and we are exhausted, doomed, Pep is quitting and Real Madrid is TOO good for us!

To:

- SPANKING Real Madrid in their own home!!
- Dissecting Santos in a dominant display!
- Winning the Club World Cup!

All you can really do is put your faith in this team and enjoy the future history unfolding before us!

Special Mentions:

- Busquets: without this incredible player (some of you may remember my first ever post on the old forum was on the importance of Busquets) we would not be able to play a 3-4-3 or have as much midfield dominance as we do. From his world class one touch game to his perfect positioning, he is one of the best midfielders on the planet. I hear a lot of mention of Dani Alves playing like two payers down the wing, well Busquets acts as a 2nd CB in a sweeper 3-4-3 roll as well as a deep holding midfielder - balancing out our team with his superb positioning and reading of the game.

- Xavi: WOW! What a big game player. The way he single handedly dominates posession and teams is unique and never before seen! A once in a lifetime player!

- Messi: Like Xavi, ultimate big game player. Leads by example... One of the games greats! I can't name many players more successful, influential and talented as he. What a work ethic!

- Puyol: TITAN! Will be the hardest to replace in our team, the heart and focus of the captain is inspiring!

Hope you have all been well! Visca el Barca!

svt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

What a month! Empty Re: What a month!

Post by CBarca Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:28 am

Barca has made my Christmas this year. Despite the lack of snow here (which is utterly depressing).
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:52 am

Spanking us? IT was close ok :coffee:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:42 am

Yeah what a turn around, ended 5t0kes fifteen game win streak in their own backyard :dance:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:21 am

Giggity5313 wrote:Spanking us? IT was close ok :coffee:

Sure it was from your perspective. Once you lose 5:0 at Camp Nou, 3:1 at Bernabeu looks like close game. :lol!:
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:42 pm

svt, great to hear from you after a very long time. Excellent comments especially the part about Busquets. What was quite surprising in the first few weeks of this season was that Pep was often benching Busquets. Now that he has started playing more regularly our midfield has regained some of the fluency and rhythm that was missing earlier. As for Xavi I will just state that Goal.com's Carlo Garganese has called him the greatest dictator and dominator ever seen on a football pitch and hardly anyone here would disagree with that.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:55 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:Spanking us? IT was close ok :coffee:

It was a spank. You get a lead incredibly early on and we still manage to come back and win when we want to.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down