Yeezus
schwarzgelb
McLewis
Twoism
Le Samourai
31 posters

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

The Official Indie/Alternative thread. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Indie/Alternative thread.

Post by Thimmy Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:30 pm

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Indie/Alternative thread. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Indie/Alternative thread.

Post by the xcx Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:36 pm

Metric is such a a underrated band.

the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:03 am

The first 8 seconds of this song almost threw me off listening through it, but I'm glad I didn't Very Happy Proper indie song, this one!
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:26 am

This song kicks ass

CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:44 am

CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:48 am

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:03 am

Although this is a post-rock song, the epicness it has inspired me to bump this thread. Ef is a Swedish post-rock band.

Noticed a relatively large amount of post-rock bands in the Scandinavian area...I'm guessing it's Sigur Ros influence, but I'm not sure.

CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:04 am

CBarca wrote:Although this is a post-rock song, the epicness it has inspired me to bump this thread. Ef is a Swedish post-rock band.

Noticed a relatively large amount of post-rock bands in the Scandinavian area...I'm guessing it's Sigur Ros influence, but I'm not sure.

That song reminds me more of Explosions in the Sky than Sigur Ros, to be honest.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:12 pm

Oh yeah I certainly agree Thimmy (and Explosions in the Sky are very good), I'm just talking about the amount of post-rock bands in general. I've seen a lot of them coming from Scandinavia, which I'm guessing might be due to the large success and influence that Sigur Ros has had in Scandinavia, and them being post-rock, and all.

It could be down to the culture of Scandinavia, OR I could be making a rather baseless observation that no-one else really agrees with.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:10 am

CBarca wrote:Oh yeah I certainly agree Thimmy (and Explosions in the Sky are very good), I'm just talking about the amount of post-rock bands in general. I've seen a lot of them coming from Scandinavia, which I'm guessing might be due to the large success and influence that Sigur Ros has had in Scandinavia, and them being post-rock, and all.

It could be down to the culture of Scandinavia, OR I could be making a rather baseless observation that no-one else really agrees with.

Hehe. No, you're probably right. It does make sense that many of these Scandinavian post-rock bands are inspired by Sigur Ros. I have noticed a vast increase in Scandinavian post-rock bands over the past few years.

I watched this norwegian indie band perform live in Oslo a few months ago. And what a performance it was! I'm completely in love with this band Heart This was the only video of the band that I could find on youtube, and it sounds like a mess due to poor sound quality. I'll post more videos of them here, if I ever manage to find something of better quality Very Happy

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:54 am

My posting here in this thread is quite down I realize, but I'm not hot into indie stuff right now, it will come back once I'm done with the stuff I am hot into right now. I still would like to get a song in here or there though Very Happy

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros- good band. Awesome name Razz
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:52 am

Real mellow band. Picked up the name somewhere and just youtubed and listened to a couple of the songs with the top views. I like them, so I'm posting them here. Their mellow sound reminds me a bit of Kings of Convenience, a band I need to listen to more Very Happy
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:21 am

CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:23 am

I can't believe I've only just wandered into this thread, amazing stuff guys. Very Happy I flicked through the thread from the start so that I don't double up, I must say I thought I was going to have the pleasure of introducing you to The Last Dinosaurs and a couple of other great Australian acts but Kizz snuck in during the last few pages. Whilst they were mentioned early, I can't enter the thread without reiterating how amazing the Temper Trap are. I saw them perform live at the Premiership Party after the Australian Rules Grand Final this year and they're absolutely fantastic live - though they were strangely disappointing during the half time show.

Anyway, it's my first entry to the thread, and ideally I wouldn't just dump a million songs into the thread at once, however my self control has flown out the window, so here goes.

Miike Snow - Sylvia

Miike Snow - Devil's Work

WhoMadWho - Head on my Pillow

Royksopp - Poor Leno

Bernhoft - C'mon Talk

Mikhael Paskalev - I Spy

Imagine Dragons - Demons

Awolnation - Sail
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:20 am

Dat taste Dost :bow:

I think we were seperated at birth... We have good taste in everything.

Saw Last Dinosaurs live show about a month ago. Was excellent.

Seeing Gypsy & the Cat tonight on that note. Here is some of them:

Miike Snow live are amaaaazing. I like their stuff but live they are even better. I saw them at Splendour and they rocked it so hard. Paddling Out :bow: went off.

I intend to listen to some more stuff in this thread... Also forgot about it a bit.

Dost, feel free to just list some stuff without links if you want. I can just Spotify them, much easier Wink
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:25 am

Haven't been on Spotify in months actually, I should check out what has been added recently.

Have you heard Passion Pit's new album? I quite like Where We Belong, as well as Take a Walk, whilst the Royal Concept are a great Swedish act.

Also I forgot to add Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men!

Hadn't heard of Gypsy & The Cat before, will spend tonight listening to them and the other artists I haven't heard of in this thread. Very Happy

Because screw study :coffee:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:57 am

dostoevsky wrote:

Exam tomorrow for me :coffee:
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:19 am

BarcaKizz wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:

Exam tomorrow for me :coffee:

I'd wish you luck, but mods don't need it :coffee: Afro
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:39 am

Did my one and only exam yesterday. Went ok. Good luck guys!

And Royksopp :bow:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:56 am

Saw Youtube had this in my recommended videos, gave it a listen and loved it.

Oh yeah, looking at the video, the way it's worded you might think that the band is Youth, it's actually Daughter- and the song is Youth. Also realized I already knew this band, but didn't look into them much- but they are well worth it and that's what I'm doing right now Thumbs up

Last edited by CBarca on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:03 am

One more before bed Razz
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:07 pm

Thought I'd post this here...

Tomorrow night I'm off to see Radiohead live in Sydney :coffee:
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:18 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Mikhael Paskalev - I Spy
LCMs! (Maybe that's only in WA.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:55 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:Thought I'd post this here...

Tomorrow night I'm off to see Radiohead live in Sydney :coffee:

You lucky son of a gun!
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:54 am

The jealousy of Kizz I have right now... I can't explain it.

Have the best time of your life.

If I die without seeing Radiohead...I cannot rest in peace.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:39 am

Dont talk about "Life of Pi" here, you'll piss off the hipsters. Just post something pompous or melodramatic, they like that shit.

Came across this when listening to a Sigur Ros song on Youtube. Thought it was fking hilarious, it's true, too.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next