che
Patrick Bateman
Ganso
halamadrid2
S32TABLANCA
38 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Who do you think was the best striker of 2011?

Goallegacy's best Striker of 2011 - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%Goallegacy's best Striker of 2011 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 6 ]
Goallegacy's best Striker of 2011 - Page 3 Vote_lcap19%Goallegacy's best Striker of 2011 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 20 ]
Goallegacy's best Striker of 2011 - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%Goallegacy's best Striker of 2011 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Goallegacy's best Striker of 2011 - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Goallegacy's best Striker of 2011 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 21 ]
Goallegacy's best Striker of 2011 - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%Goallegacy's best Striker of 2011 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 11 ]
Goallegacy's best Striker of 2011 - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Goallegacy's best Striker of 2011 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Goallegacy's best Striker of 2011 - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%Goallegacy's best Striker of 2011 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Goallegacy's best Striker of 2011 - Page 3 Vote_lcap38%Goallegacy's best Striker of 2011 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 40 ]
Goallegacy's best Striker of 2011 - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%Goallegacy's best Striker of 2011 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 104

Goallegacy's best Striker of 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Goallegacy's best Striker of 2011

Post by billy_gr Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:27 pm

RVP

billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Goallegacy's best Striker of 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Goallegacy's best Striker of 2011

Post by S32TABLANCA Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:23 pm

Messiakanino wrote:EDINSON CAVANI.....two pages in and not one person has mentioned him

He's up there with RVP, Gomez, and Benz

FFFUUUUUU...

...yeah, Im sorry about that. He hasnt been on the level of those 3, but he certainly should be in the poll instead of Eto'o. It woulndn't have made a difference regarding the result, but I apologise.

I knew I was leaving someone out. :facepalm:
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:26 pm

RVP by a mile! Best striker in the world atm.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:08 am

Rooney and Aguero have played as AM's in 2011. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:09 am

mtfootball wrote:Rooney and Aguero have played as AM's in 2011. :coffee:

No
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:10 am

Aguero at times played at AM for Man City.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:11 am

Benzema at times has played AM for Real Madrid. :coffee:

Benzema > Aguero as AM :dance:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:15 am

Saetablanca wrote:
Messiakanino wrote:EDINSON CAVANI.....two pages in and not one person has mentioned him

FFFUUUUUU...

...yeah, Im sorry about that. He hasnt been on the level of those 3, but he certainly should be in the poll instead of Eto'o. It woulndn't have made a difference regarding the result, but I apologise.

As always...
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:50 am

Ibrahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:55 pm

highburied wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:

FFFUUUUUU...

As always...

Go make your own polls then, or GTFO. Its not exactly easy you know.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:36 pm

Finally, someone with knowledge, was waiting for someone else to say it before I did. Rooney primarily plays as a false number 9 for us. The only two times last year he played as a lone striker were against West Ham and Benfica respectively. Aguero, with Atletico, played as a false number 9, too, with Forlan obviously playing ahead of him. However, with City, he has several chances playing as a lone striker.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:02 pm

Laughing A SS is still a striker and that's where Aguero played for Atletico

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:05 pm

Gladiator wrote:
Finally, someone with knowledge, was waiting for someone else to say it before I did. Rooney primarily plays as a false number 9 for us. The only two times last year he played as a lone striker were against West Ham and Benfica respectively. Aguero, with Atletico, played as a false number 9, too, with Forlan obviously playing ahead of him. However, with City, he has several chances playing as a lone striker.

If we go by that logic both Zlatan and Benzema shouldn't have been nominated. Zlatan has been playing as an AM for Milan (which is not surprising considiring he is the only one who can create lol) and Benzema plays as a false 9 for Real Madrid. Played SS behind Ronaldo vs Sevilla too.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:13 pm

omarish wrote:
Gladiator wrote:

If we go by that logic both Zlatan and Benzema shouldn't have been nominated. Zlatan has been playing as an AM for Milan (which is not surprising considiring he is the only one who can create lol) and Benzema plays as a false 9 for Real Madrid. Played SS behind Ronaldo vs Sevilla too.

Yes, that's the logic you're meant to go by because it says striker. Zlatan a false number 9? Oh, please, you couldn't be far off the truth, mate. He has been playing as a lone striker for Milan, granted he does drop down now and then, but not to the same frequency as Rooney and Aguero. And Benzema a false number 9? Please tell me you're kidding? You're a Real Madrid fan as well, lol. Benzema plays as a lone striker, he dropped back to help with defensive duties after Pepe was wrongly sent off...
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:18 pm

SS =/= False 9 :lol!:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:19 pm

Gladiator wrote:
omarish wrote:
Gladiator wrote:

Yes, that's the logic you're meant to go by because it says striker. Zlatan a false number 9? Oh, please, you couldn't be far off the truth, mate. He has been playing as a lone striker for Milan, granted he does drop down now and then, but not to the same frequency as Rooney and Aguero. And Benzema a false number 9? Please tell me you're kidding? You're a Real Madrid fan as well, lol. Benzema plays as a lone striker, he dropped back to help with defensive duties after Pepe was wrongly sent off...

Did I say Zlatan played a false 9? I meant as an AM, and yeah, he does that. He does in no way play like a real 9.

And yeah, Benzema plays as a false 9. Look at a heat map, his average positions are nowhere like a proper 9.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:01 pm

First of all stop throwing around the term false 9.....the only player in the world who play's as a false 9 is one Lionel Messi played that position other than maybe Rooney(and even there it's questionable) is laughable.

Aguero: i think a simple No will suffice, stop confusing false 9 with ss.....a false 9 is expected to play the final ball as well as spread the play.Messi does both of those things.....Aguero dosen't.

Aguero at times has played AM for City? if you mean he played in Silva's RAM position then maybe...but even then the way he' employed his specific skillset points towards him being a SS or a winger rather than a False 9

Ibra.....didn't watch him enough but knowing his game and knowing the squad around him i'd tend to say Millan has tried to deploy him as a traditional forwad...though asssuming he remains Ibra...he will have drifted back to get the ball do his usual thing dribbling and what not.....was Ronaldo(9) a false 9? No.

Gladiator wrote:
omarish wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
Aguero, with Atletico, played as a false number 9, too, with Forlan obviously playing ahead of him. However, with City, he has several chances playing as a lone striker.

Aguero: i think a simple No will suffice, stop confusing false 9 with ss.....a false 9 is expected to play the final ball as well as spread the play.Messi does both of those things.....Aguero dosen't.

Aguero at times has played AM for City? if you mean he played in Silva's RAM position then maybe...but even then the way he' employed his specific skillset points towards him being a SS or a winger rather than a False 9

You're a Real Madrid fan as well, lol. Benzema plays as a lone striker, he dropped back to help with defensive duties after Pepe was wrongly sent off...

Watch the game again....I'm not gonna argue about the year, because Benz had a role somewhere in between Rooney and Aguero but for this particualr Match....he was an AM.It had absolutely nothing to do with defensive duties...

Ronaldo run's the channels of a striker......when Benz is displaced he has to drift Wide on either side....Also he drops back frequently....more frequently and more importantly more centrally than Aguero and spreads play....but he was by no mean's a flase 9

I'm not gonna argue Rooney......I don't watch United and people were saying he was playing as a CM at one point so I think he check's all the boxes to be considered a False 9.has about the same assist rate as Benz tho...so I'm skeptical.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:09 pm

omarish wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
omarish wrote:
Gladiator wrote:

Did I say Zlatan played a false 9? I meant as an AM, and yeah, he does that. He does in no way play like a real 9.

And yeah, Benzema plays as a false 9. Look at a heat map, his average positions are nowhere like a proper 9.

I thought you did, and you couldn't be far off the truth, mate. Ibrahimovic is deployed as the lone striker, he most certainly isn't a second striker, attacking midfielder, or false number 9.

Benzema isn't a false number 9, you can make a case that he's a second striker, but he's certainly not the main man at Real Madrid.

ragbirjosh wrote:First of all stop throwing around the term false 9.....the only player in the world who play's as a false 9 is one Lionel Messi played that position other than maybe Rooney(and even there it's questionable) is laughable.

Ibra.....didn't watch him enough but knowing his game and knowing the squad around him i'd tend to say Millan has tried to deploy him as a traditional forwad...though asssuming he remains Ibra...he will have drifted back to get the ball do his usual thing dribbling and what not.....was Ronaldo(9) a false 9? No.

Gladiator wrote:
omarish wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
Aguero, with Atletico, played as a false number 9, too, with Forlan obviously playing ahead of him. However, with City, he has several chances playing as a lone striker.

You're a Real Madrid fan as well, lol. Benzema plays as a lone striker, he dropped back to help with defensive duties after Pepe was wrongly sent off...

Watch the game again....I'm not gonna argue about the year, because Benz had a role somewhere in between Rooney and Aguero but for this particualr Match....he was an AM.It had absolutely nothing to do with defensive duties...

Ronaldo run's the channels of a striker......when Benz is displaced he has to drift Wide on either side....Also he drops back frequently....more frequently and more importantly more centrally than Aguero and spreads play....but he was by no mean's a flase 9

I'm not gonna argue Rooney......I don't watch United and people were saying he was playing as a CM at one point so I think he check's all the boxes to be considered a False 9.has about the same assist rate as Benz tho...so I'm skeptical.

There I was thinking you know what a false number 9 is. It's someone who plays just behind the striker who creates and scores. How it's laughable to call Rooney a false number 9 is beyond me, really, shows what you know and it also highlights the amount of knowledge you have regarding Rooney, with all due respect.

And yep, Aguero has played as the creator behind Dzeko a couple of times. It has happened. When he's played as a lone striker, he's been decent enough, you can't ask for more, but he certainly isn't better than van Persie or Gomez at getting the goals, although he's probably more talented and technically gifted.

And Ibra, for the last time, lol, is not a false number 9... :facepalm:
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:18 pm

First off, Lionel Messi isn't the only false 9 Laughing

2nd, I know how my countryman (Zlatan) plays. I've seen him since his young days when he was a hot prospect. He can operate as an AM, and a ST, but Milan has been using him as an AM. In fact, his best plays for Sweden was in AM. Again, not calling him a false 9 lol.

And third Benz is a false 9. Like I said, heat map proves what I'm saying. He plays nowhere like a true striker.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:21 pm

omarish sweden plays kallstrom as AM and ibra as number 10

ola likes to play number 10 which is why you see either of those two play all the times alongside elmander who plays as a number 9
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:22 pm

Read again bro.....I highlighted Rooney as maybe tho only person who fits the billl Razz . I'm skeptical because he stands out to me as a versatile player....one who is comfortable in many attacking positions but one who hasn't exactly mastered the art of combining those skills. Ie if he is asked to play deep...he can do so with great sucess but he will sacrifice the employment of his goal scoring ability to achieve it.

My comments are passing either way they are based on a low sample size.

You can't just say that a false 9 is someone who plays just behind the striker who creates and scores tho.What is there to distinguish them from a SS or AM's like Gerrard(for a while), lampard and Fabregas at Arsenal.

Does Messi play behind anyone at Barca.......Nope.He begins from in front of his teammates drops back while they move forwad then initiates play numerous times ending up the furthest forwad or playing the role of provider.

You're right tho....I not a flase 9 expert or anything.....the impression I get is that the only two players in history who conclusively identify with the tag False 9 are Totti and Messi.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:52 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:Read again bro.....I highlighted Rooney as maybe tho only person who fits the billl Razz . I'm skeptical because he stands out to me as a versatile player....one who is comfortable in many attacking positions but one who hasn't exactly mastered the art of combining those skills. Ie if he is asked to play deep...he can do so with great sucess but he will sacrifice the employment of his goal scoring ability to achieve it.

My comments are passing either way they are based on a low sample size.

You can't just say that a false 9 is someone who plays just behind the striker who creates and scores tho.What is there to distinguish them from a SS or AM's like Gerrard(for a while), lampard and Fabregas at Arsenal.

Does Messi play behind anyone at Barca.......Nope.He begins from in front of his teammates drops back while they move forwad then initiates play numerous times ending up the furthest forwad or playing the role of provider.

You're right tho....I not a flase 9 expert or anything.....the impression I get is that the only two players in history who conclusively identify with the tag False 9 are Totti and Messi.

Even Ronaldo has played false 9. Tevez aswell, I can give multiple examples. Here is a vide of CR7 operating as the false 9. Look how deep he plays:

Look how deep he is when he is recieving the ball. Messi is not the only false 9, he is just the worlds best at it. False 9s are common. Fergie uses them every now and then. Benzema is one aswell. Here is a good description of a false 9:

What is the "The False Nine"- a player who appears to be playing centre-forward, but drops deep hopefully dragging the opposition CB out of position and creating space for the winger/inside forward or the central midfield to run into and hopefully be through on goal. However If the cb’s don’t follow the “False Nine” they will leave him free and with lots of room and better the player the more damage he will do. The link below from ZonalMarking about Rooney’s performance against Arsenal last year will better describe the false nine.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/01/...-a-false-nine/
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by gervinho's forehead Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:33 pm

confused why messi and ronaldo don't count as strikers but flying hamster all the way for me football followers
gervinho's forehead
gervinho's forehead
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3