Back in the days of Diego Maradona, Johan Cruyff or Pele, Barcelona's Lionel Messi would have been a substitute, says Hugo Gatti

+29
Seppuku
EarlyPrototype
culefan
Lord Hades
Arquitecto
Khaled
matpol
black mamba
che
barca 2011
Albiceleste
FennecFox7
izzy
billionmillion
windkick
billy_gr
leemhuis
Aensensen
delaurentishotz
Lord Awesome
Le Samourai
Nirgall
zizzle
free_cat
7amood11
Vibe
Highburied
Harmonica
emassy
33 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Back in the days of Diego Maradona, Johan Cruyff or Pele, Barcelona's Lionel Messi would have been a substitute, says Hugo Gatti - Page 2 Empty Re: Back in the days of Diego Maradona, Johan Cruyff or Pele, Barcelona's Lionel Messi would have been a substitute, says Hugo Gatti

Post by billionmillion Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:22 pm

i'm not talking about which competitions they played. i just showed you moments that how defenders were fighting for the ball in old times. today's getafe players fight for the ball better than old england team defenders. now imagine today's barcelona or r.madrid defenders. is there any comparison? today's defence is much more improved and faster + tactics. Theres no comparison

billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Back in the days of Diego Maradona, Johan Cruyff or Pele, Barcelona's Lionel Messi would have been a substitute, says Hugo Gatti - Page 2 Empty Re: Back in the days of Diego Maradona, Johan Cruyff or Pele, Barcelona's Lionel Messi would have been a substitute, says Hugo Gatti

Post by barca 2011 Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:23 pm

Says the guy we've never heard of, who apparently has a time machine.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:37 pm

billionmillion wrote:i'm not talking about which competitions they played. i just showed you moments that how defenders were fighting for the ball in old times. today's getafe players fight for the ball better than old england team defenders. now imagine today's barcelona or r.madrid defenders. is there any comparison? today's defence is much more improved and faster + tactics. Theres no comparison

1. tactics didn't exist? So they play a 1-10 formation?

2. La liga defenses aren't known for being better then national teams.

3. It wasn't even that long ago ffs, come on
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:37 pm

translation: you guys, i'm totally relevant as a legend cause players were a lot better back in my day

...and not a single *bleep* was given
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:39 pm

billionmillion wrote:i'm not talking about which competitions they played. i just showed you moments that how defenders were fighting for the ball in old times. today's getafe players fight for the ball better than old england team defenders. now imagine today's barcelona or r.madrid defenders. is there any comparison? today's defence is much more improved and faster + tactics. Theres no comparison

The match was in 1986. The stuff you wrote is pure crap. :facepalm:
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:44 pm

Yep, Getafe had the least amount of goals conceded on par with Barcelona in the league the year that Messi scored that goal.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:58 pm

izzy26 wrote:

The match was in 1986. The stuff you wrote is pure crap. :facepalm:
who said it was not 1986?
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by delaurentishotz Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:01 pm

I once dribbled 6 dogs with a ball.. Those dogs are faster and more intelligent then the English players. So does that mean I am better then Maradonna ?? Yessir !!!
delaurentishotz
delaurentishotz
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:10 pm

delaurentishotz wrote:I once dribbled 6 dogs with a ball.. Those dogs are faster and more intelligent then the English players. So does that mean I am better then Maradonna ?? Yessir !!!
no it means you are a legend between dogs. the ball and the dog has same weight how a dog can kick the ball? do it with cows then we can discuss it
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by delaurentishotz Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:37 pm

billionmillion wrote:
delaurentishotz wrote:I once dribbled 6 dogs with a ball.. Those dogs are faster and more intelligent then the English players. So does that mean I am better then Maradonna ?? Yessir !!!
no it means you are a legend between dogs. the ball and the dog has same weight how a dog can kick the ball? do it with cows then we can discuss it

What did you say ??

Back in the days of Diego Maradona, Johan Cruyff or Pele, Barcelona's Lionel Messi would have been a substitute, says Hugo Gatti - Page 2 629927e7-3a67-474a-9f17-ec60e65d6603
delaurentishotz
delaurentishotz
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by black mamba Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:50 pm

who cares Very Happy
the greatest ever gonna win his third fifa ballon d'or Wink
black mamba
black mamba
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:18 pm

billionmillion wrote:

:bow:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:10 am

Here it is. This is why Gatti has Barcelona problem, he let 9 goals in Gamper:

matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:14 am

^ :lol!:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:49 am

leemhuis wrote:He is right. The defenders had more liberty and attackers have less protection before. Messi will not play on a Argentina team of Maradona time. It was necessary much more skill and fysical strength against defenders of before. Messi have not the capability.

The overrated-slow past LoOoOoOoOoOoL

What i'm sure about that Sacchi'sACMilan [87-90] ( which is considered the best in history by some people) would FAIL badly against this Barca & Messi/Xav/Iniesta.

example:

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:38 pm

Khaledbarca wrote:
leemhuis wrote:He is right. The defenders had more liberty and attackers have less protection before. Messi will not play on a Argentina team of Maradona time. It was necessary much more skill and fysical strength against defenders of before. Messi have not the capability.

What i'm sure about that Sacchi'sACMilan [87-90] ( which is considered the best in history by some people) would FAIL badly against this Barca & Messi/Xav/Iniesta.

example:

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvK2z6eUbAE&feature=related
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:45 pm

Khaledbarca wrote:

example:

Superb job, you have broken the threshold of massive calculations, variables, and fuzzy math to prove that Barca would "destroy" just by this video that doesn't really prove anything. Hilarious.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:05 pm

messi would be a great player in any era ..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by culefan Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:09 pm

i believe that maradona was better than messi..but that doesn't mean messi will be a bench warmer ,he for sure is better than canigia,it is one thing to say that messi is not better than maradona or cruyf..but saying that he will be a bench warmer is completely foolish

culefan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:26 pm

Back in days Burgers were probably cheaper. Less burgers = less fat Messi = more ripping shit up.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:31 pm

Lunging on a player with a two footed tackle was perfectly legal back then.

Tackle from behind? No probs.

Ref's barely blinked at things that would be considered a straight red in today's pussy game.

It's one of kind of skill being able to dribble past a defender who's aim is to take out the ball, its another (much greater) kind of skill to maneuver past a player who's aim is to take you out (by any means).

Messi in all likelihood wont even cut the bench.

Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:47 pm

so that applies to every current player...
it's good to know modern football sucks...
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:50 pm

billy_gr wrote:so that applies to every current player...
it's good to know modern football sucks...
You should have seen the real football, back in the day. When players were slow, unorganized, smoked, rules were silly, and the ball was slow.

And when someone was better, they were slaughtered on the spot. That's why Maradona and Pele didn't play more than couple weeks straight at the time. Very Happy
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:54 pm

never mind i've seen my share of old school football and while i'm not going to compare messi with the likes of Maradona or Pele, to say the lacks both skill and physical qualities to be part of any team (if not the star) back then is just idiotic.
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloInter Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:45 am

messi lacking world cup success
at least score some decent goals with Argentina ffs
SoloInter
SoloInter
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:57 am

SoloInter wrote:messi lacking world cup success
at least score some decent goals with Argentina ffs
Back in the days of Diego Maradona, Johan Cruyff or Pele, Barcelona's Lionel Messi would have been a substitute, says Hugo Gatti - Page 2 Messi-vs-mexico-o

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next