Liverpool-Oldham: FA Cup 3rd round

+2
Nishankly
iftikhar
6 posters

Go down

Liverpool-Oldham: FA Cup 3rd round Empty Liverpool-Oldham: FA Cup 3rd round

Post by iftikhar Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:03 am

Oldham is currently 14th in 24-team NPower Football League 1 (third division). Their record in last five matches (all competitions) are:

Southend: 1-0 (FACP)
Charlton: 1-1 (league)
Hartlepool: 0-1 (league)
Notts County: 3-2 (league) and
Chesterfield: 1-1 (league)

Liverpool will miss Lucas (injury) & Suarez (suspension). While this game is a good opportunity to give some of the players a start, Kenny might be tempted to take this game as dress rehersal for tougher fixtures.

I'm sure Gerrard will start but will be substituted at/around half-time. Carragher might start as well. I think Kenny will mix it.

---------------Reina---------------
Kelly-Carragher-Agger-Enrique
------Spearing-Henderson------
Kuyt--------Gerrard--------Maxi
--------------Carroll--------------

However, don't be surprised to see Coats & Shelvey instead of Agger & Henderson.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Liverpool-Oldham: FA Cup 3rd round Empty Re: Liverpool-Oldham: FA Cup 3rd round

Post by Nishankly Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:07 am

I see Kenny putting out a fringe side.

---------------Doni---------------
Kelly-Carragher-Coates-Aurelio
------Spearing-Henderson------
Bellamy--------Shelvey--------Maxi
--------------Carroll--------------

Would like to see Eccelessessseesscceston, Suso or Sterling also on the field.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:19 am

(4-2-3-1)

Doni
Kelly Carragher Coates Aurelio
Coady Henderson
Maxi Shelvey Bellamy
Carroll

Frankly, I CANNOT WAIT for this match. Why? Because I am eager to see how Kenny and the team will bounce back from the depressing loss that was against Citeh. I want the bitter taste of that loss out my mouth and the daily bathroom trip thoughts. This match could not have come at a better time as to bring the confidence and morale back in the team as well as giving the fringe players a chance to restart their engines along with giving the first team a rest.

Kelly is obvious as I prefer him over Johnson anyway. Carra to play and get match experience after a long stint out along with Coates to develop and gain match experience as well along. Best thing is he will have Carra beside him to guide and give him calm. Aurelio I am EXTREMELY excited to see as some of you know how much I rate him yet I would not be surprised if the Classy piece of Glass doesn't survive training and in this respect I would play young John Flano out of position since Robinson is injured.

I prefer Spearing to be rested since he has a real tough job in the mid and Coady who is a bright youth player forged from Melwood and is a DM. Hendo to support him and keep it ticking while Fatty Adam needs a rest.

Bellers to provide his experience, tenacity and flair to support Jonjo from the left while Maxi will add the movement, intelligence and poaching skill to support Carroll, who needs this match as well to regain his confidence through a goal or two.

Subs: Suso, Sterling, Spearo.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:10 pm

Looking forward to seeing the fringe players perform.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:22 pm

Perhaps this will seem like an unusual assertion, seeing as he is now our first-choice striker following the Suarez ban, but I think it's essential that Carroll start this game. Moreover, I think it's critical that Gerrard, Carroll and Downing be given as much time on the pitch together as possible.

First of all, we want to have Suarez back for the game against Tottenham. Therefore, we need to progress to the Fourth Round and cannot afford to slip up against Oldham. Second, Gerrard and Downing need the game in order to get a feel for the type of service to free the beat in Carroll. Thirdly, Carroll needs to find the beast within himself. We've all seen it (watch the first half of the season last year for Newcastle). The lad can score. It just feels as though there is something missing, be it the style of service, his personal confidence or some unknown factor. I have a feeling that he is one monster performance away from becoming a regular contributor for the club.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:09 am

Pleased with this game. :coffee:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:09 am

Didnt watch the game.Which fringe players shone the best?

@Nishank

Which channel is telecating FA cup in India.Is it still Sony?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:41 am

BeautifulGame wrote:Didnt watch the game.Which fringe players shone the best?

@Nishank

Yes, It wasn't telecasted FFS. I missed my first game this season Sad [excluding pre season friendlies.)
But pix is showing the united and Arsenal games.

Bellamy and Stevie G for MOM as most people put it, Bellamy 1 goal and 3 assist maybe.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:44 pm

Not exactly pleased with this game, we played so bad in the first half that it wasn't even funny xD

Coates was shaky, but he obviously hasn't been playing much football lately.
Shelvey was a little disappointing, but our team chemistry affected that, too. For it was bad, you could tell that a side has been put on the field that hasn't been playing much.

Anyway, the result was right and we managed to score a bunch of goals, for a change. So it was OK.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:51 pm

The first half was rocky, and we were lucky to go into the break with a lead. The team chemistry simply wasn't there. It was obvious that we had changed out entire back four, and Kuyt wasn't exactly threatening up top. Shelvey and Gerrard worked hard, but without much result. Gerrard did control the play, but was obviously still feeling out his teamates play. Spearing was, unfortunately, somewhat invisible in the first half. He made a few contributions, but in general was utterly forgettable.

Early in the second half, Liverpool began to come together and play like we should have from the start. Once Shelvey got his goal, the team was able to relax and the play reflected that. Was it a perfect performance in the second half: no. However, several key goals for several important players and a goal-heavy win will hopefully boost the team and help their confidence in the league and other cup ties.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:23 pm

Nishank wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:Didnt watch the game.Which fringe players shone the best?

@Nishank

Yes, It wasn't telecasted FFS. I missed my first game this season Sad [excluding pre season friendlies.)
But pix is showing the united and Arsenal games.

Bellamy and Stevie G for MOM as most people put it, Bellamy 1 goal and 3 assist maybe.

Sony having rights for FA cup really sucks.They wont even retelecast the FA cup matches next day.Dont know why they even bothered to buy the rights when they are not even a sports channel :brickwall:
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down