Has Juan sebastian Veron been underrated?

+2
The Franchise
Nirgall
6 posters

Go down

Has Juan sebastian Veron been underrated? Empty Has Juan sebastian Veron been underrated?

Post by Nirgall Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:19 am

When people speak about the best players of the last decades he is never mentioned, but he if you think about it he's had an amazing carreer. Not only was he a dominant force in one of the best moments of Serie A, but he also led one of best Argentina NT of recent times and at the twilight of his carreer carried Estudiantes to a Copa libertadores triumph.

He is heavily criticized for his time in Manchester, but that was only on team and to be honest he actually played a lot better than most people remember he did.

For me he is among the top 20 players of the last 2 decades.

Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Has Juan sebastian Veron been underrated? Empty Re: Has Juan sebastian Veron been underrated?

Post by The Franchise Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:09 pm

In short, yes.

Was an amazing player at his peak, for Parma and Lazio.

Manchester Utd was a bad fit for him, league was too direct and too fast for him and his style of play was completely opposite to what Utd were playing at the time. He performed much better in the CL where the game is more pateint, not a surprise.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Has Juan sebastian Veron been underrated? Empty Re: Has Juan sebastian Veron been underrated?

Post by cheesy Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:13 pm

Even at Manchester United, he wasn't as bad as many said he was. He actually put in some decent performances during his time there, however the club wasn't really a good fit for him, to be honest.

He certainly doesn't deserve to go down with the likes of Forlan when you think of players who flopped at Man United.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:14 pm

Keane killed Veron's career in Europe.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:57 am

Why was my thread voted down?

Anyway, I think most of Veron's bad reputation in Manchesters stems from how much manchester was winning before he came and how his instroduction forced a tactical change that wasn't well implemented. It's doesn't speak so much of him as a player as it speaks about the effectivity of two different systems.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by paddy Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:35 am

Very good player, his Lazio years in particular were extremely impressive. He doesn't deserve to be included in that 'Best of the Decade' echelon of players

ragbirjosh wrote:Keane killed Veron's career in Europe.

How? Veron was a phenomenal disappointment at United, Fergie tried everything to fit him in and he just didn't deliver, end of

paddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:31 am

Here is a video of him in manchester united

If he flopped there, he did it with class Cool
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:39 am

yes and no

in his day Veron was rated by everyone especially during his Serie A days, but after the fake passport incident he had no choice but to move to the EPL and that was the end of his prime days. He did resurrect his career at Inter but the lack of silverware meant he would always be overshadowed by others, and to be honest his move to South America was premature and winning a few titles in Argentina didnt really help his case.

anyway Verson is not as underrated as Riquelme is
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:46 am

zizzle wrote:yes and no

in his day Veron was rated by everyone especially during his Serie A days, but after the fake passport incident he had no choice but to move to the EPL and that was the end of his prime days. He did resurrect his career at Inter but the lack of silverware meant he would always be overshadowed by others, and to be honest his move to South America was premature and winning a few titles in Argentina didnt really help his case.

He deservers to be rated much more than Riquelme. He was much more consistent throughout his carreer and had a much longer prime. I also don't understand how you can say MUnited was the end of his prime when he played really well afterwards in Inter and Estudiantes.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:02 am

Nirgall wrote:

He deservers to be rated much more than Riquelme. He was much more consistent throughout his carreer and had a much longer prime. I also don't understand how you can say MUnited was the end of his prime when he played really well afterwards in Inter and Estudiantes.

Well we're talking about recognition here so playing with that underachieving Inter team was never going to help his case. Dont get me wrong he was great individually, but winning titles makes a difference as well. I cant judge his performance with Estudiantes coz i never really saw him play there but he won the league an earned a starting spot with the national team so i can only assume he did good, but tell me, how much recognition would Messi get if he was playing in Estudiantes rather than Barca.

As for Riquilme, I rate him as one of the greatest i ever saw based on talent alone but his lack of achievements on the playing field ment that he'll never get the recognition he deserves
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:16 am

zizzle wrote:
Nirgall wrote:

Well we're talking about recognition here so playing with that underachieving Inter team was never going to help his case. Dont get me wrong he was great individually, but winning titles makes a difference as well. I cant judge his performance with Estudiantes coz i never really saw him play there but he won the league an earned a starting spot with the national team so i can only assume he did good, but tell me, how much recognition would Messi get if he was playing in Estudiantes rather than Barca.

As for Riquilme, I rate him as one of the greatest i ever saw based on talent alone but his lack of achievements on the playing field ment that he'll never get the recognition he deserves

He didn't just win the league in Estudiantes, he won the libertadores (a big deal here in southamerica).

I do agree, though, that titles build up recognition, but his consistency as a very high level player should also count. It's not something that is usually seen.

About Riquelme, yes talent wise he was amazing. More so than his technique (which was very good, but not extraordinary) his vision and ability to dominate a game were terrific. But considering how whimsical he was, how moody, lazy and how he always put himself in front of the team I really cannot consider him one of the best.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:03 pm

Keane destroyed his career because he wanted to get too involved.........he wasn't just a pure DM..........he wanted to create........Veron couldn't play his natural role in the team.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down