Preziosi: "I could not say no to Milan, an offer like that must be seized" THE PHAROAH WILL WEAR RED AND BLACK

+24
Milan31
eroticfishcake
KR10
Eivindo
:{Mr.Mustachio!
vu
Brigate Rossonere
Swanhends
Ganso
BigBoban
fadjriemilan
nichabr
milanfan7
IzzyC08
Fadi
Milantildeath
Giancarlo
ciro1316
Il Diavolo
•MilanDevil•
M99
pUsHa
dostoevsky
BiasedMilanFan3
28 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Preziosi: "I could not say no to Milan, an offer like that must be seized" THE PHAROAH WILL WEAR RED AND BLACK Empty Preziosi: "I could not say no to Milan, an offer like that must be seized" THE PHAROAH WILL WEAR RED AND BLACK

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:40 am

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=54923
(Google Translate)

The President of Genoa, Enrico Preziosi has revealed all the details of which will bring talented '92 class Stephan El Shaarawy to AC Milan.
Here are some passages of the interview appeared - today in the newspaper Il Corriere Mercantile Genoa - the chief executive Rossoblù:

President, the sale of El Shaarawy has angered many fans ...
"I understand their reaction, but it is good that they know exactly how things went."

How did they go?
"The offer of Milan was a surprise: I did not expect at all, otherwise I would not have last week made certain statements.The other evening the Rossoneri directors have come out considering the boy more than twenty million.Ten half, with the participation of free, which means that if you were to do well, its value would rise again.In short, is an 25-million, I could not say no. "

So the figures that came out at first are not real ...
"They were thrown to the fans wrong numbers.I heard that Merkel would have paid 1.3 million and instead are 5, because Milan has estimated 10 million.It 'very young but is already ready for our league. "

How do you respond to the accusations of those who say that football is feeling?
"I understand the disappointment of the fans go to see a young, but I must think first of all to the good of Genoa.An offer like that of Milan was to be seized. "

But his company did not need oxygen ...
"Absolutely not.I have no holes to be capped, I do not have to contain losses rescheduled because I always put money in my pocket.The money collected from the sales we've always reinvested.We go forward with the sacrifices of the property that in all these years has always maintained that he promised.The rest is gossip "

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, IM SO F**KING HAPPY RIGHT NOW
i know this has been sort of implied for the past few days but when the president of Genoa himself confirms the deal....
also, apparently we're paying a lot for him, but im not sure how much because the translation was all funny
Preziosi: "I could not say no to Milan, an offer like that must be seized" THE PHAROAH WILL WEAR RED AND BLACK Genoa_el_shaarawy1
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Preziosi: "I could not say no to Milan, an offer like that must be seized" THE PHAROAH WILL WEAR RED AND BLACK Empty Re: Preziosi: "I could not say no to Milan, an offer like that must be seized" THE PHAROAH WILL WEAR RED AND BLACK

Post by dostoevsky Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:54 am

Shocked We valued him at 20 million?

He better be Roberto Baggio all over again for that sort of evaluation. Allegri either desperately wants him or the price quoted must be some sort of mistake.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Preziosi: "I could not say no to Milan, an offer like that must be seized" THE PHAROAH WILL WEAR RED AND BLACK Empty Re: Preziosi: "I could not say no to Milan, an offer like that must be seized" THE PHAROAH WILL WEAR RED AND BLACK

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:23 am

From what i've read, we have an agreement that could potentially amount to 25mil

but they also said something about "ten half, with the participation of free".
which doesnt make sense to me.

i'll wait for Milan to officially release the deets
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:41 am

If he's valued at 20 milion this guy should at least score 15 goals next season ....
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:47 am

25 million? That's BS, we'll have to wait till Galliani speaks.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:50 am

pUsHa wrote:If he's valued at 20 milion this guy should at least score 15 goals next season ....

We shouldn't expect instant results even though it's a huge investment, however it's a huge statement in the level they believe he will reach. He doesn't need to score 15 goals as an attacking midfielder next season to justify his price tag, however that's the sort of impact a club must believe he can in a few years in order to do so.

I still don't accept the evaluation, however if it's true I'm amazed at how Genoa have stood their ground. I thought their refusal of Inter's 10 million euro bid was to invite competition in offering youth players, not because the cash offer itself was insufficient.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:56 am

dostoevsky wrote:
pUsHa wrote:If he's valued at 20 milion this guy should at least score 15 goals next season ....

We shouldn't expect instant results even though it's a huge investment, however it's a huge statement in the level they believe he will reach. He doesn't need to score 15 goals as an attacking midfielder next season to justify his price tag, however that's the sort of impact a club must believe he can in a few years in order to do so.

I still don't accept the evaluation, however if it's true I'm amazed at how Genoa have stood their ground. I thought their refusal of Inter's 10 million euro bid was to invite competition in offering youth players, not because the cash offer itself was insufficient.

I was kidding ... I obviously dont expect instant results , I've never seen the guy to begin with ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:01 pm

I think he has alot of potential for his age. He is a creative player who can also dribble past defenders using his pace.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:07 pm

•MilanDevil• wrote:I think he has alot of potential for his age. He is a creative player who can also dribble past defenders using his pace.

and from the videos iv seen,
he can bend the ball like beckham whenever he feels like it
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:36 pm

I really hope he justifies his price. I haven't seen him so I can't really comment on him. But one thing I am surprised about is how we sold half of Merkel for five million. So in total, we payed 5 million plus half of Merkel for El Sharaawy, not a bad deal IMO. I have faith in Galliani and Allegri. The world may come to an end, but Galliani will not overpay! Very Happy
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:37 pm

pUsHa wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:

I was kidding ... I obviously dont expect instant results , I've never seen the guy to begin with ...

Haha well I could have understood why you'd have made it if you weren't. Seeing the price tag I think a lot of us are apt to forget he's 18. I mean if true, including evaluations of Merkel, then the last player Galliani rated at that price was Ibra. So let's be kind and cut it back to 14 goals :coffee:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ciro1316 Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:08 pm

this is a great move for the present and the future

ciro1316
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:36 pm

BTW, here's a more understandable translation

Milan are set to complete the transfer of 18-year-old wonder kid Stephan El Shaarawy today (Friday) and Genoa President Enrico Preziosi has decided to reveal how much this operation would cost the Rossoneri.

il Diavolo talked with Genoa over El Shaarawy on Wednesday and reports that he’s close to Milan were taken by surprise as Preziosi claimed week before that El Shaarawy will certainly stay with the Grifone.

“Their [Milan's] bid surprised me,” the Genoa Chairman told Il Corriere Mercantile on Friday morning. “I really didn’t expect it at all, otherwise I wouldn’t have made those statements last week.

“The Rossoneri valued him at €20m. So that is €10m for a half share in him now, but the value of his other half can increase too if he does well. Overall, it’s a deal worth €25m and I just couldn’t say no.”

El Shaarawy has made only three Serie A appearances in his short career but is considered the future attacking midfielder of Italy. In this deal, Alexander Merkel (19) will move to Genoa on co-ownership.

“I’ve read that we will pay €1.3m for Merkel, but that’s not true,” he added. “He’ll cost us €5m because Milan value him at €10m. He is very young, but he is also ready for our championship.

“I understand the disappointment of the fans that we are losing a youngster like El Shaarawy, but I have to put the good of Genoa first. The kind of offer Milan made was one that you have to accept in an instant.”
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:38 pm

I want this deal pulled immediately. There is no way this kid is worth 20 or 25 million. That's practically the same price Ganso would be... we need to stop this deal immediately. Let some other team have him.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:55 pm

Giancarlo wrote:I want this deal pulled immediately. There is no way this kid is worth 20 or 25 million. That's practically the same price Ganso would be... we need to stop this deal immediately. Let some other team have him.

That would be complete idiocracy, if he went to Inter Juve or Roma we would be shooting ourselves in the foot, and paying for it for years. He is the future of Italy, everyone knows it.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 pm

Milantildeath wrote:
Giancarlo wrote:I want this deal pulled immediately. There is no way this kid is worth 20 or 25 million. That's practically the same price Ganso would be... we need to stop this deal immediately. Let some other team have him.

That would be complete idiocracy, if he went to Inter Juve or Roma we would be shooting ourselves in the foot, and paying for it for years. He is the future of Italy, everyone knows it.

Oh I've heard this before. People point at some youngster and say "he's the future"... when in reality he'll turn into nothing but an overpriced flop. I think people were pointing at Bonera at one point and saying he's the successor for Nesta...
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:31 pm

oh come on!, i know 20m is too much, i'd have him for 10-12m max but you have to admit that he's the hottest italian prospect right now, we're certainly gambling here and the kid said that he's a huge fan of milan and that he wants to play for us...i'm actually happy for this deal although if the numbers are true it's way too much...
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:33 pm

Fadi wrote:

oh come on!, i know 20m is too much, i'd have him for 10-12m max but you have to admit that he's the hottest italian prospect right now, we're certainly gambling here and the kid said that he's a huge fan of milan and that he wants to play for us...i'm actually happy for this deal although if the numbers are true it's way too much...

We're gambling far too much for someone who has proved nothing. And before anyone says "What has Ganso proved"? Nearly 100 appearances in the toughest league in the CONMEBOL proves otherwise.

This guy is not worth 12 million even. I'm pissed. Why is he the hottest prospect in Italy? What has he done? This deal needs to be cancelled immediately.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:37 pm

This kid has never been tested we shouldn't have paid that much for him. I don't care what anyone says if those are the correct numbers we got ripped off. El Shaarawy might be good but he isn't that great. He lacks the strength to cut it and he faces Serie B defenders on a constant basis. Now how many great defenders are in Serie B again??
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:39 pm

Giancarlo wrote:
Fadi wrote:

We're gambling far too much for someone who has proved nothing. And before anyone says "What has Ganso proved"? Nearly 100 appearances in the toughest league in the CONMEBOL proves otherwise.

This guy is not worth 12 million even. I'm pissed. Why is he the hottest prospect in Italy? What has he done? This deal needs to be cancelled immediately.

come on, i think you're underrating him a bit too much, he was the best player in serie B last season and before you say it, i know the quality in serie B is appalling but the kid was 17 then, not an easy accomplishment...

anyway i do agree with you, 20m if it's true is way too much but this might preziosi and galliani fooling around with the media, we all galliani is not an idiot...
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:39 pm

I hope it is 5.5 million plus co-ownership at most. Even then I'm thinking... THAT IS TOO MUCH. I'm fine with getting him for a low fee... but nothing more than that! Especially if we sacrifice a proven signing...

I'd rather we get Witsel... too bad those links dried up.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:44 pm

Fadi wrote:
come on, i think you're underrating him a bit too much, he was the best player in serie B last season and before you say it, i know the quality in serie B is appalling but the kid was 17 then, not an easy accomplishment...

anyway i do agree with you, 20m if it's true is way too much but this might preziosi and galliani fooling around with the media, we all galliani is not an idiot...

Everybody is jumping on me. I'm not against acquiring the player. I was one of the people who broke the news first about this kid... but he's not even worth 10 million in my eyes. I think the 5.5 million for co-ownership we are paying may be too much.

This kid is playing against Serie B defenders who quite frankly suck. He's proved absolutely NOTHING. Galliani, I hope has some sense, and cancels the deal.

We need to focus on real players with real records.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:55 pm

How has he proven nothing to you? He was THE BEST player in Serie B last season at 18 years old. You all might not rate Serie B highly, but that's something to be very proud of. The kid has amazing talent, and is worth the money in my opinion, he is a signing for the future and I would have had huge regrets if I saw him go to any other team in Italy over us.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:57 pm

Milantildeath wrote:How has he proven nothing to you? He was THE BEST player in Serie B last season at 18 years old. You all might not rate Serie B highly, but that's something to be very proud of. The kid has amazing talent, and is worth the money in my opinion, he is a signing for the future and I would have had huge regrets if I saw him go to any other team in Italy over us.

That's not proving anything. How is that something to be proud of? And I think the best attacking players are in one of the teams that got promoted. The kid is nothing special, and he's not worth it. We don't make "signings for the future" for this price... especially when he could flop badly. We need to cancel this deal. I hope Galliani starts using his head... I mean I gave him a thumbs up for Taiwo and Mexes... but not this.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:06 pm

How can you even say that? He won an award for being the best player in Serie B. How is he not a signing for the future?! he is 18! You are being way too harsh on him, and I bet you haven't ever seen him play. Anyone that has actually SEEN him play would know why I'm so excited to get him.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum