Preziosi: "I could not say no to Milan, an offer like that must be seized" THE PHAROAH WILL WEAR RED AND BLACK

+24
Milan31
eroticfishcake
KR10
Eivindo
:{Mr.Mustachio!
vu
Brigate Rossonere
Swanhends
Ganso
BigBoban
fadjriemilan
nichabr
milanfan7
IzzyC08
Fadi
Milantildeath
Giancarlo
ciro1316
Il Diavolo
•MilanDevil•
M99
pUsHa
dostoevsky
BiasedMilanFan3
28 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Preziosi: "I could not say no to Milan, an offer like that must be seized" THE PHAROAH WILL WEAR RED AND BLACK - Page 2 Empty Re: Preziosi: "I could not say no to Milan, an offer like that must be seized" THE PHAROAH WILL WEAR RED AND BLACK

Post by Milantildeath Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:06 pm

How can you even say that? He won an award for being the best player in Serie B. How is he not a signing for the future?! he is 18! You are being way too harsh on him, and I bet you haven't ever seen him play. Anyone that has actually SEEN him play would know why I'm so excited to get him.

Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Preziosi: "I could not say no to Milan, an offer like that must be seized" THE PHAROAH WILL WEAR RED AND BLACK - Page 2 Empty Re: Preziosi: "I could not say no to Milan, an offer like that must be seized" THE PHAROAH WILL WEAR RED AND BLACK

Post by Giancarlo Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:08 pm

Milantildeath wrote:How can you even say that? He won an award for being the best player in Serie B. How is he not a signing for the future?! he is 18! You are being way too harsh on him, and I bet you haven't ever seen him play. Anyone that has actually SEEN him play would know why I'm so excited to get him.

Because he may flop badly at Milan... I don't care for him... you're excited for no reason. He could come to Milan. Different team then Padova. Be left on the bench and forgotten. Frankly at this point I'd play Clarence over him. Way too harsh? On what? He's proven nothing.

I frankly don't want signings for the "future". I want proven talents coming to this team. This is why I'm upset... especially for the amount of money that is being talked about. We're not Arsenal!
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:15 pm

How do you know he won't earn a starting spot? Pato was worth 25mil and look at him. We don't just go splashing that type of money on players we think have potential. We use that money on players we are sure will excel, and he will do so.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:17 pm

Milantildeath wrote:How do you know he won't earn a starting spot? Pato was worth 25mil and look at him. We don't just go splashing that type of money on players we think have potential. We use that money on players we are sure will excel, and he will do so.

El Shaarawy isn't Pato, and he hasn't proved anything. We shouldn't be splashing money on a player like this one. Brazilians, these days, are way better than Italian players. That's why I'd rather we buy 1 or 2 Brazilians this summer and forget about Italians. Quality > Nationality.

El Shaarawy will be a bench warmer... especially when we get Ganso.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:21 pm

If Ganso comes he will be the LCM, I know you think he is a CAM, but he plays for Brazil and Santos as the LCM, so I'm positive he will play there as well. I'm not saying that I would hate the transfer of Ganso, but I don't think he would effect El Shaarawy's play time since they are two different positions.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:27 pm

Milantildeath wrote:If Ganso comes he will be the LCM, I know you think he is a CAM, but he plays for Brazil and Santos as the LCM, so I'm positive he will play there as well. I'm not saying that I would hate the transfer of Ganso, but I don't think he would effect El Shaarawy's play time since they are two different positions.

Wrong. Ganso is best as a CAM. He got injured playing out of position. Ganso would force El Shaarawy onto the bench, plus Cassano would too... since Cassano is a way better player.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:31 pm

Of course I want Cassano to start, why do you think I would want Ganso and Prince at CM, so Cassano can play. I never said EL Shaarawy would start, but he can be a great back up to Cassano. we must not forget about Robinho as well.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:46 pm

Are you sure that it isn't 2 million and not 20 million?Smile
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:49 pm

Milantildeath wrote:Of course I want Cassano to start, why do you think I would want Ganso and Prince at CM, so Cassano can play. I never said EL Shaarawy would start, but he can be a great back up to Cassano. we must not forget about Robinho as well.

A back-up? 20 million for back-up? Suspect

No thanks!

Ganso will play as a CAM if he joins Milan.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:06 pm

from what i read milan valued him at 25m not genoa...i think they must have seen him in some training with the team or something and feel they could work something out with him..i mean for a 18yr old he has a impressive build.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:09 pm

Why would Galliani value him at that though? IT makes no sense. If Preziosi valued him at 15 million, wouldn't Galliani lowball? It doesn't make any sense to me. Galliani likes good deals...
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:13 pm

thats what im saying i trust galliani's judgement if he thinks the kid is worth that much maybe he is?
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fadjriemilan Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:40 am

We just paid 10m euros and half of Merkel to get this kid. Inter offer 10m euros for full ownership but rejected, and this kid is one for the future, we can't expect an instant success from him.

We will see how much we will pay his other half based on how good he will be with us.

20m for a back up? I prefer to call it for the future. Though, the risk is there as he is still very young, and could flop in top team. Galliani takes the risk, we can only wait and see. Smile

Oh, and I found a good vid about him. Still very raw but for a 18 years old, I think he has talent.

We paid 10m euros, that is the price he should justify now. Then, we will see if he worth 20m euros before sign his full ownership.
fadjriemilan
fadjriemilan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:02 am

I'm not buying it. I don't believe that Galliani would bid 10 million for this kid. I'm going to believe the figure of 5.5 million and even then I'm a bit unhappy because I don't feel he's worth that price.

We can't blow 20 million on an unproven youngster that may flop. Not even Arsenal is that willing. They don't spend that much on unproven youngsters.

I'm doubting that Galliani actually valued the kid at 20-25million. If he did, that would be unlike anything he has done in the past.

Show me proof where we paid 10 million Euros because I WILL NOT BELIEVE IT.

I mean we got Ibra for 24 million. Are people actually gonna sit here and tell me this kid is worth around that same price? And Robinho was 15 million. There is no way that he's worth more than Robinho. Absolutely NOT! Not for some Serie B nobody.

Robinho is a far better player than El Shaarawy. And where does El Shaarawy even play? He's not adapted to play as a CAM. He's mostly a second striker/winger... and he'll be a bench warmer. 10 million for a bench warmer... what the heck were we thinking? This is why I need to see some proof that we paid that much.

And with this money perhaps we could have took Asamoah...

Seriously, I'm thinking of many other possibilities on PROVEN TALENTS THAT HAVE SHOWN THEIR WORTH. Not on some overhyped, unproven kid that people are elevating to be the next Francesco Totti...
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoban Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:55 am

I have to strongly agree with Giancarlo on this one.

El Shaarawy is valued at the same price as Modric. Modric is a Top 10 midfielder in the world. We have been screwed. I was concerned about paying that much for Ganso now we paid just paid $25mill for El Shaarawy, way too much. El Shaarawy is our 3/4 choice CAM I would play Cassano/Seedorf/Prince before him. He will drop turds in his pants if he is expected to play a CL game in the Bernabau or Old Trafford. I could easily name at least a dozen players I'd have rather bought for that valuation

This whole deal is against our whole approach to transfer spending of the last couple of years.

This must be some weird masterplan by Uncle Fester I cannot see any other reason for such a crazy bid. Genoa screwed us over with Papa who was supposed to be our future FB but was as useless as tits on a bull.

We should have kept Merkel and our other youngsters whom we have invested so heavily with, but are giving them away like freebies in these crazy co-ownership deals.
BigBoban
BigBoban
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:05 am

I don't even think El Shaaraway plays as a natural CAM anyways. I heard his best position is as a second striker/winger.

I just find something weird going on here... because I don't see how Galliani would even think of dropping this much money on a player.

I'm not going to fault Genoa completely. Some things have worked out great and strongly in our favor. We got Boateng for less than 10 million... wait a second... El Shaarawy is valued more then Boateng? ... Now I'm really wondering what is going on here. No way is that the case.

We did sell Sokratis back to Genoa... at the very least.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:06 am

i have a feeling hat allegri wanted an italian wonderboy,and stephen is the most talented i guess.

our future:

Stephen/ganso
Pato-Paloschi

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:14 am

Sorry to break this to you, but if we really broke the bank for this kid, we're not getting Ganso. At this point, Ganso will probably join Madrid or Chelsea.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:17 am

cmon now,there must be something wrong galliani would NEVER be foolish enough to buy him for 25M...ill wait for more official info
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:19 am

we're not paying 25mil outright you know
20mil max i reckon
plus Merkel, whose valued at 10

so you could argue that Pharaoh was 10mil
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:19 am

Look if it is the 5.5 million deal + half of Merkel's contract... I'll be apprehensive, but will be okay with it. If it is 10 million... that I will have a problem with. IF his entire contract is valued at 20-25 million... then I say cancel the deal. Stephan is not 15 million even.

Merkel, imho, is valued at like 3-4 million at best.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:32 am

Of course were not going to pay 25 on him,ganso is just 5m more expensive.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:57 am

10mil for half is not so bad

the problem is that now you're in the catch 22 situation where if he plays well for you he becomes more expensive...

We didn't pay much for a co-own of Ranocchia, but then he had a good string of games and we found ourselves in a desperate buyers position so we wound up overpaying by quite a bit for the next half of him...

Is the second half ownership capped at 15? Or is it just market price?
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoban Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:53 am

If this El Shaarawy is Mister X and we sign no one else I think I'll have a heart attack.

At $20 or $25 mill we won't buy another decent player, maybe another pensionser might come, I hear Scholes is in his last year and might be cheap (jks)
BigBoban
BigBoban
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:58 am

Giancarlo wrote:I want this deal pulled immediately. There is no way this kid is worth 20 or 25 million. That's practically the same price Ganso would be... we need to stop this deal immediately. Let some other team have him.

We won't actually be losing 20-25 million from our transfer kitty at the moment, we'll lose 5 given our use and evaluation of half of Merkel's contract. Galliani wouldn't have made the deal if he knew it would make Ganso an impossibility.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:06 am

bhends wrote:Is the second half ownership capped at 15? Or is it just market price?

At the moment the 2nd half is worth 10m. Preziosi said that if the Pharaoh does well then the price will go up to 25m total.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next