The Franchise
dmize
Raptorgunner
Chad
Le Samourai
22 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 13 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by pUsHa Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:08 pm

dmize wrote:
pUsHa wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:As the team stands right now....maybe not....I mean he would improve the team but we don't need to go out of our way to get him.

If we are still thinking of trading Bynum and Gasol for Howard......definitely, i'd take him no questions asked and i'd actually pursue him.

We need a PG tho......mitch is sticking.

If we are trading Bynum and Gasol we'll also get Hedo who's a good shooter . Do we really need Pierce chucking shots along with Kebo ? Neutral

This guy wants Hedo but calls Pierce a scrub. Matt Barnes is a scrub. PP is a HOFamer. Man Laker fans are just unbearable at times.

Really ? Where did I say that I want Hedo ? If Orlando trade Dwight they will try to shed salary by including Hedo in the deal because he's a bad contract is that so hard to realize !? lol

dmize wrote:Shows how much you know, lol. Explain what would be stupid about it? Like Dani said, and he'd expend less energy guarding most 3's than 2's. He's played the 3 before and done it well.

And who is going to play at SG if we move Kebo at SF right now !? Goudelock !? hahahahha.......How much has Kobe played at the 3 a few games !? Kebo's defence hasnt been the same for quite a few years ... he's being included in the best defensive team of the year only because of reputation . Just because he can play in that position doesnt mean he will be as good there . And moving him to SF doesnt help the Lakers in the slightest , nor does it help him ....

pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 13 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by dmize Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:15 pm

pUsHa wrote:
And who is going to play at SG if we move Kebo at SF right now !? Goudelock !? hahahahha.......How much has Kobe played at the 3 a few games !? Kebo's defence hasnt been the same for quite a few years ... he's being included in the best defensive team of the year only because of reputation . Just because he can play in that position doesnt mean he will be as good there . And moving him to SF doesnt help the Lakers in the slightest , nor does it help him ....

Did you just not read the last page?

The hypothetical scenario we were discussing is if Ray Allen was on the Lakers, would you move Kobe to the 3.

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:21 pm

dmize wrote:
The hypothetical scenario we were discussing is if Ray Allen was on the Lakers, would you move Kobe to the 3.

You most likely would ... but Kebo won't want that Laughing

And Dani was saying that he would move Kobe at the 3 if they find a quick 2 guard .... he wasnt talking about Allen ...I'm saying that movig Kobe at SF is stupid if you think that helps him mainly on defence ... the guys is rarely guarding any of his match-ups and when he does he isnt defending 100% . He will guard a PG SG or SF regardless of what position he plays .... he will guard the guy that won't exhaust him the most ... he has rarely defendend his match-ups the last couple of years ....if Kobe was as atlethic as he was back in the year you would move him at the 3 for the offense ... but now he isnt , he wants the ball an he wants to shoot it with an advantage over the match-up .

Last edited by pUsHa on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:29 pm

Is Kebo one of those sweet Pokemons in your sig?
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:36 am

A couple days late, but rename this the WE GON PWN YOU IN LONDON THREAD.

LaMarcus Aldridge (Portland Trail Blazers); Carmelo Anthony (New York Knicks); Chauncey Billups (Los Angeles Clippers); Chris Bosh (Miami Heat); Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers); Tyson Chandler (New York Knicks); Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder); Rudy Gay (Memphis Grizzlies); Eric Gordon (New Orleans Hornets); Blake Griffin (Los Angeles Clippers); Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic); Andre Iguodala (Philadelphia 76ers); LeBron James (Miami Heat); Kevin Love (Minnesota Timberwolves); Lamar Odom (Dallas Mavericks); Chris Paul (Los Angeles Clippers); Derrick Rose (Chicago Bulls); Dwyane Wade (Miami Heat); Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder); and Deron Williams (New Jersey Nets).
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:40 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:Seriously........Chandler would be a amazing pickup....wanted him since last season.

@Dani.....not just yet.....he's looking quicker.I don't know if it matters wether Kobe's at the 2 or the 3 really......he can defend either position and will ocupy the same spaces on offence regardless.

He may actually benefit on defense.

I think it does matter.

If you play Kobe at the 3, then your putting in a 2, all of whom would be quicker than Barnes or Artest. You need some speed, because you have NONE out on the break in transition.

If the guy can shoot (2's usually can) then that also helps.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:43 pm

I think Ray Allen or a quicker faster 2, it would be better than Barnes or Artest at this point.

With Ray you dont get any upgrade in quickness I think you need, but you sure get a 3 point shooter who can play good minutes which at the moment you seriously lack...probably just as much.

Unless you can get a 3 with superb quickness like say Batum, bringing in a 2 would be my number 1 move for the Lakers other then getting a real point gaurd.

Certaintly more important than Howard.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:37 pm

I;m still waiting on something to go down TBH

PG is priority number 1 for me.

Anyway Miami=Lakers tonight.

Gasol V Bosh will be interesting...dunno if Wade is still injured.

Bynum v Joel Anthony or whoever their starting C is at the moment Laughing
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:49 pm

Heat to own, too much speed.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:59 pm

Yea.....like the Portland game.

If somehow we can keep it in half court we''ll have a chance...... we need to be smart when fouling.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:11 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:I;m still waiting on something to go down TBH

"Also, the Lakers reportedly are trying to find a way to land Paul Pierce.

Not sure yet, what they are willing to give up.

But again, it won't be an easy deal to make.

The Celtics love him, obviously." - Sam D Amico FoxSports

lol. Never gunna happen, but it's funny how Mitch Kupchak can see that Pierce is an upgrade, and those with the gold goggles can't.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:21 pm

He'd be our 6th man tho.

He'd be more effective there than as a starter.

It'd be pointless to have Kobe,him,Gasol and Bynum on the field at the same time except in the last 5-6 minutes.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:38 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:He'd be our 6th man tho.

He'd be more effective there than as a starter.

It'd be pointless to have Kobe,him,Gasol and Bynum on the field at the same time except in the last 5-6 minutes.

Yeah but he'd get starter minutes. The Lakers need someone else that can create his own shot besides Kobe, something Pierce has always done well.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:46 pm

I'd put him in the pick and roll with one of the bigs.....not sure how much he's been doing it lately with Rondo's emergence but Pierce IMO is one of the best pick and roll players in the game.

It'd be really gunny to watch teams try to guard Pierce Kobe Gasol and Bynum in the last few minutes.

Them and Fish will seal 95 % of close games.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:49 pm

JR Smith in China and lol @ Marbury dropping 45 there
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:22 pm

Too bad JR can't finish.

And I don't know if this has been posted already, but Westbrook just signed a 6 year - $80million deal.

Personally, I think they were better off moving him, maybe to the Nets for Williams who is a much more pure PG. But I guess they're thinking don't fix what aint broke.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:28 pm

5 years at 80 mil is about what I expected him to get, Rudy Gay got about the same thing.

He's 23 ....I think that they think he'll learn.

Not his biggest fan but he's a scary prospect to say the least.......great trade piece to have if they need to.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:34 pm

the_gooner wrote:Too bad JR can't finish.

And I don't know if this has been posted already, but Westbrook just signed a 6 year - $80million deal.

Personally, I think they were better off moving him, maybe to the Nets for Williams who is a much more pure PG. But I guess they're thinking don't fix what aint broke.

Yeah it's funny how he got blocked or missed all the shots.

I think that deals about right, he was actually eligible for a bigger Max deal under the Rose Rule, but opted for the lower deal to allow OKC more flexibility(resign Harden most importantly).
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:44 pm

It's not a bad deal, it's a show of loyalty, Westbrook still has untapped potential, he can be something great.

Williams, he will end up @Lakers with Dwight and Kobe.

The lakers really have one scrubous bench, it's unbearable at times. How they missed out on all those veteran players?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:46 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

This isn't NBA2k12
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:50 pm

He's been voted All NBA twice ? Shocked
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:52 pm

dmize wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

This isn't NBA2k12

NBA 2k12 is where amazing happens, not where dreams happen.

Anyway I don't like Williams I think he is/was overrated.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:55 pm

Mitch Kupchak said the Lakers are done dealing until the dead-line ... I'm interested to see what reliable source said that the Lakers are pursuing Pierce? When to begin with we have no pieces to get him . Ainge will be destroyed in Boston if he came to LA . And wow someone here is so butthurt its unbelievable .... nobody said that getting pierce wouldnt be an improvement at SF we just dont want this delusional personality anywhere near the Staples center .... our priority is a PG .
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:57 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:He's been voted All NBA twice ? Shocked

If you're referring to Westbrook and the Rose rule, it's an extension that won't kick in until next year so his season this year would factor in. If he's an All-Star(don't believe he has to start, could be wrong on that though) or all-NBA this year, he'd be eligible.

Last edited by dmize on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:04 am; edited 2 times in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:02 am

pUsHa wrote:Mitch Kupchak said the Lakers are done dealing until the dead-line ... I'm interested to see what reliable source said that the Lakers are pursuing Pierce? When to begin with we have no pieces to get him . Ainge will be destroyed in Boston if he came to LA . And wow someone here is so butthurt its unbelievable .... nobody said that getting pierce wouldnt be an improvement at SF we just dont want this delusional personality anywhere near the Staples center .... our priority is a PG .

It's on like every Laker and Celtic board. http://www.foxsportsohio.com/01/18/12/NOON-Live-Cavs-Chat-with-Sam-Amico/landing.html?blockID=648360&feedID=3725 is the original source though.

http://www.celticslife.com/2012/01/lakers-trying-to-trade-for-paul-pierce.html <-- I agree with that.

And I keep hearing Laker fans don't want PP, that's just funny to me consider your Front Office feels the opposite Laughing but yeah that's butthurt alright.

And an even bigger lol @ taking a GM's word like it's gospel. It's their job to lie, lol.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:18 am

Kobe and Pierce on the same team....im kinda suspect as to how that will work out.

Both love that midpost area and love to Iso, will the ball ever move?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next