The Franchise
dmize
Raptorgunner
Chad
Le Samourai
22 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 31 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:38 pm

Kind comments dude, thanks. I coincidentally did coach basketball and when I played, I was a point guard and was the leader of all the teams I played on. During that time I started a collection of coaching books and learnt alot.

But yeah, basketball just doesn't interest me like football does anymore to proceed further in it. Maybe because dudes from England, coaching or playing, just dont make it.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 31 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:41 pm

And on Amare. He got blocked 7 times last night.....thats stunning.

I do worry about him, he isnt the athletic specimen he was back in Phoenix. However, at least to his credit he doesnt really hog the ball too much, or at least, he is proven to play effectively without the ball. He had no problem catching and finishing quickly with a legit point (Nash, Felton, Marbury).

Melo is more of a worry, he has always been hold the ball, think, look, iso, make a move. Much harder to play with.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:29 pm

I watched the game last night, the kid is good, I was happy the Knicks won, cus I want the raptors to get the a good first round pick. I dont know if you guys know this years draft might be one of the best draft if years.

Lin is a good player but teams don't know him yet, I have a feeling is he is one hit wonder, once teams figure him out he is done. I was cheering for him to win the game, it was a fun game. I hope Lin can keep this up, makes the NBA more interesting and it also good for the game.

Radios and papers saying he is the best PG in the game lol. :facepalm:
And on Amare. He got blocked 7 times last night.....thats stunning.
Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:35 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:I watched the game last night, the kid is good, I was happy the Knicks won, cus I want the raptors to get the a good first round pick. I dont know if you guys know this years draft might be one of the best draft if years.

Lin is a good player but teams don't know him yet, I have a feeling is he is one hit wonder, once teams figure him out he is done. I was cheering for him to win the game, it was a fun game. I hope Lin can keep this up, makes the NBA more interesting and it also good for the game.

Radios and papers saying he is the best PG in the game lol. :facepalm:

He is, didn't you see the ESPN Poll? Laughing I lol'd that they left off Deron Williams.

He's going to come back down to earth, but I think he'll be a 16/7 type PG, which is perfectly fine. Still not convinced he can be a starter on a contender though. Teams are just starting to adjust on him the last 2 games, it's like they refuse to believe he's not a bum. And he's gotta take care of the ball; having 11 assists and not even having a 1.5 A/T ratio is not what's hot.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:26 pm

I think though Dmzie, you're not selling him short or anything, just a bit lopsided.

I mean just experience will naturally assuage the turnover problem as much as the scouting and adjustment can create more dificulty for him on offence.

Overall if he has the work ethic to work on his game everyday , he definitely has some talent, it's up to him to keep adding to his game.

I think he can become elite, but then again there's a multitude of players in the NBA who are more talented and have never even touched the surface of that talent.

The onus is on him to get where he's going.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:03 am

Can't wait for the All-Star Game.. Last years was probably the best I have ever seen

The King for MVP eco smile
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:18 am

Swagg_Johnson wrote:Can't wait for the All-Star Game.. Last years was probably the best I have ever seen

Last years was just okay I thought, the West lead the entire time and it was only really competitive at the end.

I thought in 2008 Bron robbed Ray Ray of an ASG MVP. They both were great, LeBron had 27 on more exciting plays, but Ray had 28 points and helped win the game for the East down the stretch. And besides Bron already had an ASG MVP. :coffee:

lol @ the top comments

and Lmao @ Garnett mean-mugging and yelling even during an All-Star Game. Classic.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:46 am

dmize wrote:
Swagg_Johnson wrote:Can't wait for the All-Star Game.. Last years was probably the best I have ever seen

Last years was just okay I thought, the West lead the entire time and it was only really competitive at the end.

I thought in 2008 Bron robbed Ray Ray of an ASG MVP. They both were great, LeBron had 27 on more exciting plays, but Ray had 28 points and helped win the game for the East down the stretch. And besides Bron already had an ASG MVP. :coffee:

lol @ the top comments

and Lmao @ Garnett mean-mugging and yelling even during an All-Star Game. Classic.

I enjoyed the attempted come back of the East.. Kobe and LeBron went at it
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:49 am

Im a hater of "the king" (plu-ease lol) but I really did feel Ray should of won it.

Its very normal if two players have similar numbers then the winner will get it. Heck, generally speaking, if the guy has worse numbers and his team wins he will get it.

Anyway, its a shame KG wont be there. When guys I watched when I was younger and really brought it to life, like Shaq, KG, TMac ect start leaving I obviously wont feel so great about it.

My favourite ASG of recent memory was I think 02 when old man Jordan hit a fadeaway over Marion to tie the game and also missed a dunk.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:49 am

LOL @ the LeBron hate in the comments ahaha
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:52 am

I can't believe I'm watching the Knicks games ... :lol!:

The chemistry between Lin-Fields-Chandler is great ... Lin cut down his TO's and already has 9 assists at the half , Melo and STAT are going to make it easier for him as they play more games ... he's proving right now that he can be good even without scoring a bunch of pts !
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:21 am

We are up on OKC at the half.

Wont last, expect a blowout still lol

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:22 am

Lin has 6 turnovers.

Not watching, just checking box score.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:32 am

The Franchise wrote:Lin has 6 turnovers.

Not watching, just checking box score.

Damn just as I praised him for having 1to at the half he goes and makes another 5 in a quarter :lol!:

lol at nba.com every highlight from the game is a lin play Laughing
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:43 am

I'm going to attribute some of his turnovers to the fast paces offense, but J Lin has set an NBA record with 30 turnovers in his first 5 games. I still feel like this kid will make it; he seems to have a strong mentality, but still has yet to face much competition. Still gonna wait until I judge the kid.

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:48 am

He's a smart kid with a high b-ball IQ... his turnovers will go down once he slows it down and doesn't force things as much... it'll be easier when Melo returns, because that will force the defense to not pressure/trap Lin as much, knowing that they can't leave two guys (Melo AND Amare) open or single covered. And the PNR will be easier for Lin as well when Melo is there spacing the floor, Chandler will have a great time rolling to the basket knowing the help-D isn't going to step off from Amare or Melo.
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:49 am

Watched Kemba and Rubio go head to head earlier tonight. Was a pretty competitive game actually until the Wolves pulled away at the end. Love had 30 and 18.

Rubio passed the ball really well but never really looked for his offensive game after he missed a few early, he had 6 points, 7 assists, 4 steals in 25 min(I think Adelman was resting him a bit); Walker 21 points on 9-17, 6 boards.

I'd rather watch Kemba and the Bobcats some nights rather than the Celtics this year. Tonight was just the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 31 Puke Losing to the Pissed-ons, really? Rondo did have 35 though. No one else really showed up.

JuJuan Johnson is starting to play pretty well though, which is a nice sign. 10/5 and 12/4 in his last couple of games. Given our lack of frontcourt depth, he should get more minutes. Averaging about 4 points in just 7mpg on 55% shooting.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:18 pm

"Dunk contest field is Chase Budinger, Paul George, Iman Shumpert and Derrick Williams." Sleep Sleep Sleep
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:26 pm

dmize wrote:"Dunk contest field is Chase Budinger, Paul George, Iman Shumpert and Derrick Williams." Sleep Sleep Sleep

:vagi:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:28 pm

Bobcats 3-26....

I think there's a decent chance they win less than 9 games this year to break the record for least wins.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:32 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Bobcats 3-26....

I think there's a decent chance they win less than 9 games this year to break the record for least wins.

It's a 66 game season of course there's a chance lol.

Edit: from looking at the rest of their schedule. Games they have a shot to win(esp getting DJA and Henderson back): @Toronto(doubt it, road game), NJ, NJ, @NO, Toronto, @NJ, Minnesota, @Toronto, Washington, Detroit, New Orleans, Sacramento, @Washington.

I'm gunna say they win 1 of the 2 Nets home games, maybe the Toronto home game, Washington, New Orleans and Sacramento. That's 8 wins. Gunna be close.

I was actually listening to the Wolves announcers last night, they were saying the LOLcats are way too talented to only have 3 wins. I completely disagree, but the Bobcats have been without Augustin, Maggette and Henderson for extended periods.

Last edited by dmize on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:40 pm

dmize wrote:

That's what I'm sayin.

Jordan :bow:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:44 pm

LeBron reiterates playing again for Cavs not ruled out

Posted Feb 16 2012 2:20PM - Updated Feb 16 2012 3:34PM
CLEVELAND (AP) -- LeBron James says he could picture returning to the place where his NBA journey began.
Back in Cleveland.
Imagine that.
After practicing in a gym where he refined his game for seven seasons, James said Thursday he would not rule out a return to the Cavaliers, the team he carried to the brink of a championship before he spurned an entire region by leaving as a free agent for Miami in 2010.
Asked if he could play for the Cavs again, James initially paused before giving his answer.
"I don't know. I think it would be great," he said. "It would be fun to play in front of these fans again. I had a lot fun times in my seven years here. You can't predict the future and hopefully I continue to stay healthy. I'm here as a Miami Heat player, and I'm happy where I am now, but I don't rule that out in no sense.
"And if I decide to come back, hopefully the fans will accept me."
James put Cleveland back on the NBA map by taking the Cavs to one finals and winning two MVP awards during his stay. He left the franchise during a summer in which he held an entire city at bay as it awaited his decision. After he announced he was joining the Heat during a nationally televised special, the Akron native was vilified by the same fans who cheered every one of his dribbles and dunks.
Time has healed some of the wounds - not all.
James has made no attempt to patch things up with Cavs owner Dan Gilbert, who harshly criticized James in a scathing letter to Cleveland's fans. Gilbert promised to win a title before James, questioned his character and told The Associated Press he felt James quit on the Cavs during the playoffs.
James said he has no bitterness toward Gilbert. They have not spoken since James met with the Cavaliers on July 3, 2010, when they were one of several teams courting him to sign with them.
"I don't have any hard feelings. He said what he said and I've moved on," said James, who is under contract with the Heat for two more seasons. "But there's been no attempt to patch things up."
James, however, said he can envision being friends again with Gilbert.
"I don't hold grudges," he said. "I hold them a little bit, but I don't hold them that long. He said what he said out of anger and he would probably want to take that back. But I made a mistake, too, and there are some things I would want to take back as well.
"You make mistakes and move on."
On Friday night, James will play his third game in Cleveland since leaving. The reception won't be nearly as hostile as it was on Dec. 2 last season toward James, who spent the past two days at his colossal home he has kept in nearby Bath, Ohio.
James expects to be booed, but it won't be as nasty as before.
"It doesn't sting anymore," James said. "The booing isn't as bad as it was last year so it's not even a big deal."
James' comments about a hypothetical return to Cleveland didn't surprise teammate Dwyane Wade.
Could Wade imagine James with the Cavs again?
"Anything is possible," he said. "Hopefully, I'm retired."

:lol!:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:52 pm

dmize wrote:"Dunk contest field is Chase Budinger, Paul George, Iman Shumpert and Derrick Williams." Sleep Sleep Sleep

Poor.

Parsons > Chase

Most boring dunk contest ever?

I heard DeAndre Jordan wanted in, he apperently has some stuff.

Anyway, this is dead. I used to say Lebron is lame for not entering, now I dont blame him. I wouldnt want any part of this sham lol

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:52 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
dmize wrote:

That's what I'm sayin.

Jordan :bow:

At least for once he's tanking correctly. Now he has to keep making good picks. Kemba and Biyombo were a nice start. Biyombo has impressed me, he's done more than guys like Thompson who were drafted ahead of him.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:55 pm

Dan Gilbert would quit before he takes him back, the guy is definition of cut your nose off to spite your face.

He isnt sorry about what he said, he meant it.

As much as the Cavs would obviously improve with Lebron, I dont think they should take him back.

If Gilbert was telling the truth (and I believe him) they way they cow-ed down to James was utterly shameful.

I will never forget the story about Coach Brown and running back on defence. That isnt a winning environement at all.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next