The Franchise
dmize
Raptorgunner
Chad
Le Samourai
22 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 30 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by dmize Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:13 pm

The Franchise wrote:He really did deserve it, his play before the playoffs were fantastic. He was the Mavs 2nd best overall player for me, I thought his injury would kill their chances. Especially against Lebron.

Its sad we cant say things like "he was so important and they wouldnt of won it without him" like we do with Chandler, but his play really fantastic and he deserved that ring.

No doubt. I know he started off the season really well for them, and was instrumental when they rattled off something like 10-12(?) in a row. Really classy move by the Mavs. Should be cool when Chandler goes back to American Airlines Arena for his ring as well.

dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 30 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:50 am

Dallas have won four straight and 18 of their last 24.

Dirk since his return to get his conditioning in order and bringing Holger back has gotten better. The last 6 games starting from the most recent.

22 and 7 vs Clippers
20 and 9 vs Portland
33 and 4 vs Wolves
25 and 9 vs Denver
24 and 8 vs Cavs
30 and 7 vs Indy

So the question is, are they back and what can they do in the Playoffs?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:01 am

They have a great shot to get to the Western Conf Finals. The West is down a bit this year. Obviously OKC is looking good but they're definitely not unbeatable, in fact OKC is a good matchup for Dallas(although they're only 1-2 against them this year). Spurs are 19-9 but I'm not sure I buy them as a contender this year. Lakers don't look as strong as last year, etc.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:07 am

Yeah, I dont rate the Lakers. But I do believe they will be better in the playoffs than the reg season.

Gasol and Bynum, if still around, length and size over a series will wear you down and we all know about Kobe. Add their improved defence, they could be a problem.

I think they could upset a Dallas for example, who dont have Chandler in the middle nor Barea to destroy them in pick and rolls. Odom I imagine will be crippled by facing his old buddies and Dirk and Terry will be their only real means of offence against an improved defence.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:14 am

The Franchise wrote:Yeah, I dont rate the Lakers. But I do believe they will be better in the playoffs than the reg season.

Gasol and Bynum, if still around, length and size over a series will wear you down and we all know about Kobe. Add their improved defence, they could be a problem.

I think they could upset a Dallas for example, who dont have Chandler in the middle nor Barea to destroy them in pick and rolls. Odom I imagine will be crippled by facing his old buddies and Dirk and Terry will be their only real means of offence against an improved defence.

That's true. Dallas interior would get destroyed, so the Lakers are probably the worst matchup for them. What do you think of the Spurs?
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:27 am

I really dont know about the Spurs.

Last season I wrote them off, but they did so well, so I started to believe. Then they got bounced in the 1st round lol

Ginobli wasnt there and to me, he is by far their most important player.

I am willing to buy into them aslong as he is there. If he is, I think they can make the finals. If he isnt, then they could go out in the first round again.

I like how they have changed their offence, after a bumpy spell before, Duncan has found some kind of groove and being consistent. Parker is balling as always and guys like DeJuan Blair and Splitter really impress me.

And for my money, Pop is the best coach in the NBA.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:38 am

Did anyone *bleep* see that?

Kid is definitely the truth
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:41 am

OMFG!!!!!

STILL CAN'T *bleep* BELIEVE IT
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:41 am

The Franchise wrote:I really dont know about the Spurs.

Last season I wrote them off, but they did so well, so I started to believe. Then they got bounced in the 1st round lol

Ginobli wasnt there and to me, he is by far their most important player.

I am willing to buy into them aslong as he is there. If he is, I think they can make the finals. If he isnt, then they could go out in the first round again.

I like how they have changed their offence, after a bumpy spell before, Duncan has found some kind of groove and being consistent. Parker is balling as always and guys like DeJuan Blair and Splitter really impress me.

And for my money, Pop is the best coach in the NBA.

Yep, never count out a Popovich coached team. I haven't really watched much of them this year so I wasn't sure if they were as good as their record indicated.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:41 am

Lin with the game winning 3.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:41 am

wow .. Linsanity Linning it ...27 points 11 assists AND CLUTCH ! 12 points in the 4th quarter ..... fk his turnovers ! This Knicks team is all about Lin Chandler and Shumpert ... Amare is playing like a scrub ! :bow:

This is like the longest dream ever for Lin ... this is why i watch sports , is this even Real Life !? :lol!:
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:45 am

Shumpert is a boss, shame he's not getting any credit during this run of the Knicks. Shut down Kobe in the LA win. Had 4 steals tonight, 4 steals against the Wolves. Just a beast of a defender.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:47 am

Shumpert is a fking beast though. Shumpert's steal was the biggest play of the game. Love him.

Amare was just plain awful. Offered absolutely nothing in offense and the less said about his d the better.

Lin had a poor first half and bottled a couple of crucial free throws but the 3 point play and dat clutch 3 at the end.........

banana
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:50 am

Yeah Shumps D is great , he shut down Calderon in the 4th !
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:54 am

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 30 Espn-jeremylin

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 30 Yes
Clearly it's Lin and then everyone else
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:56 am

ESPN and Stern must be happy about this ... milking as much money as possible from this ... if Lin started the season for the knicks and put up these numbers he would of been in the all-star game :lol!:
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:12 am

Hopefully the Knicks play the Bulls in the first round. and then we'll see Linsanity vs D Rose Laughing

And ffs, another loss for us in the dying seconds of the game.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:13 am

And btw, Lin was playing Jose fecking Calderon, who still hasn't learned how to defend in the NBA, even after 5+ seasons.

And of course Lin had some help from the crowd as well...it was Asian Night at the ACC :lol!:
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:31 am

Calderon killed Lin in the 1st half though.

Then Iman Shumpert happened. :dance:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:41 am

Shumpert's steal was the turning point..

This season won't be remembered for a lockout anymore, it will be remembered for the rise of Lin :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:08 pm

Lin did well, but the boy is a turnover machine. 7 last night.

Houston lose...again...shot 38% and allowed them to shoot 47%...this team pisses me off.

Gil didnt know you watched the NBA, you got a team?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:35 pm

The Franchise wrote:Lin did well, but the boy is a turnover machine. 7 last night.

Houston lose...again...shot 38% and allowed them to shoot 47%...this team pisses me off.

Gil didnt know you watched the NBA, you got a team?

I believe he had 8 turnovers last night. This hype is starting to get annoying; I remember back in the day where ESPN was actually a sports broadcast. Most of ya know I'm from New York and the overabundance of facebook status's is starting to get ridiculous :facepalm:
I'm not a Lin hater, but I'd like to see him prove he can do this over an extended period of time and he needs to cut down the turnovers.

Also, Floyd Mayweather is a moron; dude should just keep his mouth shut and stick to boxing...

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 30 Screen18

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:09 pm

When Lin hit that 3pt winning shot Metta World Peace ran around the locker-room screaming Linsanity ! And he had a great game against the Hawks ... Lin is inspiring people that arent even from his own team :bow: :lol!:

Yeah he needs to cut down those TO's but he's an undrafted sophomore for god's sake . The "3 game and he will fall down to earth" isn't working , this guy is too clutch for that .

His pts will go down as Melo comes back , because Melo can't be effective if he is not a volume shooter .
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:11 pm

Yeah, your right. It was 8. Agree with your overall assessment.

Yeah, Floyd is basically a racist. I have to say, as much as I respect him in the ring, I have no interest in him out of it unless he is talking specifically about the technical aspects of boxing because his attitude is all messed up.

If he cant see the uniqueness in what Lin is doing, hes blind. I do agree with him in being Asian is part of perhaps some extra hype, but the overall comment is frankly stupid.

He really struggles with logic I think. He doesnt seem to realise, its not just what Lin is doing which gathers this hype, its the fact he came from being a 12man to being a starter, playing 36 minutes a game and being the Knicks best player for this period while before, they were struggling.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:22 pm

pUsHa wrote:

Yeah he needs to cut down those TO's but he's an undrafted sophomore for god's sake . The "3 game and he will fall down to earth" isn't working , this guy is too clutch for that .

Not sure how you're already calling the kid clutch (not to say him hitting that shot was a good sign,) but let's wait until he hits those shots in the big games.

What does Lin being un-drafted have anything to do with him turning the ball over? He played four years of college ball; I fail to see why you brought that up. Maybe he needs some more time in the NBA and I don't doubt he'll work to improving that aspect of his game; but not being drafted has nothing to do with it.

Here's what I like about Lin, dude seems confident in his own abilities; I believe all he needed was an opportunity and I'm happy he's making the best out of this one. Michael Wilbon (PTI) said that Gary Payton taught Lin some moves when he was younger and even back then Payton thought the kid could play in the league. It's a great story, no doubt, I just get bothered by overhyping.

Also, he (Lin) doesn't have to be the scorer on that team, when Melo is back he should be able to pick up his assists and minimizing his turnovers will be key. I really liked what Franchise said about the Knicks in a previous post...

Melo should be in the post, he is their only back to the basket scorer and he needs to get the ball throw in there.

Forget this Melo pick and roll and perimeter iso crap.

Lin is getting to the rim because he is running pick and roll after pick and roll, him and Amare could work that out nicely and if Melo is posted up on the opposite block it keep the pick and roll from being swarmed with unpunity.

Let Lin run that pick with Amare, have Fields in the corner, Chandler diving to the offensive glass if Amare pops rather than rolls and Melo on the block if someone wants to trap it. If they look to trap it, throw it Melo in the post an let him iso his way from there.

The biggest problem is will Dantoni do that.

Another issue is Amare is scoring more points with better % when Chandler isnt in the game. Likely because he turns into a jump shooter with Chandler always in the lane.

I think Amare might be the problem in New York City, he has this huge ego and you even saw it in Phoenix. I haven't watched the Knicks much this year, but I'm certain Amare still isn't playing good defense.

I think we have a few posters in here who could easily be top notch NBA coaches (dmize and Franchise) and I know it doesn't stop with basketball. :bow: to the both of you, that bow was long overdue (sorry it took so long.)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:38 pm

Kind comments dude, thanks. I coincidentally did coach basketball and when I played, I was a point guard and was the leader of all the teams I played on. During that time I started a collection of coaching books and learnt alot.

But yeah, basketball just doesn't interest me like football does anymore to proceed further in it. Maybe because dudes from England, coaching or playing, just dont make it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next