Real Madrid's Jose Mourinho: How many titles do I need to avoid being questioned?

+8
EarlyPrototype
Doc
Zealous
Swanhends
Sushi Master
The Franchise
The Messiah
BarrileteCosmico
12 posters

Go down

Real Madrid's Jose Mourinho: How many titles do I need to avoid being questioned? Empty Real Madrid's Jose Mourinho: How many titles do I need to avoid being questioned?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:27 pm

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has expressed his frustration with the lack of respect for his achievements of the past, and feels he has won enough titles to avoid being questioned for his decisions.

The Portuguese trainer was criticised for some of his recent tactical rotations ahead of the first leg of Madrid's Copa del Rey quarter-final against Barcelona, and was far from happy with the line of questioning.

"How many titles do I have to win in order to avoid being questioned for what I do? Tell me what I have to do to satisfy you," Mourinho said at a press conference.

"If I field Karim Benzema as my striker, you all ask about Gonzalo Higuain, but if he plays, you want to know why Benzema is out.

"If I play Pepe in midfield, you all stress he's better at the back, but if he plays in defence, you suggest I use him in midfield."

Wednesday's Copa del Rey match at the Santiago Bernabeu kicks off at 22.00CET.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid's Jose Mourinho: How many titles do I need to avoid being questioned? Empty Re: Real Madrid's Jose Mourinho: How many titles do I need to avoid being questioned?

Post by The Messiah Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:28 pm

Not another La Liga related thread.. :lucas:
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid's Jose Mourinho: How many titles do I need to avoid being questioned? Empty Re: Real Madrid's Jose Mourinho: How many titles do I need to avoid being questioned?

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:34 pm

Meh, everyone gets questioned. Why make a thing out of it?

Look how much Sir Alex has won, yet there are still people out there questioning him and his ideas.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:39 pm

If he wins La Liga this season he'll probably me bothered less.

But really, La Decima is what hurts Madrid most. They are supposed to be an European heavyweight and have not had success in decades.

So Mou won't be taken seriously until he wins it, IMO. He's all talk, no walk at this moment.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:49 pm

If Mou doesn't want to be questioned he's in the wrong line of work lmao

But is this just Mou putting all the spotlight on himself to take the pressure off his team? hmm
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:43 pm

Out of context much? lol

Here's the whole exchange:

Antón Meana (Radio Marca): do you think there is a lot at stake for you tomorrow as a coach because you’re a winner, because you’ve beaten Barça in an elimination round with Inter? Is there a lot at stake for José Mourinho as a coach tomorrow?

Mou: what do you think?

Meana: I think there is a lot at stake.

Mou: how many titles do I have to win so that nothing will be at stake? Thirty?

Meana: no, it’s not that. I believe that tomorrow, there is a lot at stake for you as a coach in this elimination round. That’s my opinion.

Mou: and I’ll ask you, how many do you think I need to have won so that my life or my career wouldn’t be at stake in a game in a elimination round?

Meana: no, my question is…

Mou: no, my question is for you. How many titles do you think I have to win?

Meana: nothing more, you’re a great coach.

Mou: thank you. So there’s nothing at play. This game is like any other one. What is at play in each game is my own personal satisfaction, my personal happiness, whether I’ll be happy or sad on Thursday. That’s what is at stake on Wednesday. Against Bilbao, what’s at stake for me is whether I’m happy or sad on Monday, whether I’m content with myself and my team, or whether I’m frustrated or sad. Absolutely nothing else is at play.

----------------------------------

The guy tried to make this a make or break game in Jose's career. It isn't imo.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:46 pm

Well Mourinho has certainly put things in serious perspective...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:47 pm

Zealous wrote:

This.

He also wants people to stop questioning his selections. As he pointed out with Benguain.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:49 pm

Zealous wrote:Out of context much? lol

Antón Meana (Radio Marca): do you think there is a lot at stake for you tomorrow as a coach because you’re a winner, because you’ve beaten Barça in an elimination round with Inter? Is there a lot at stake for José Mourinho as a coach tomorrow?

Meana: no, it’s not that. I believe that tomorrow, there is a lot at stake for you as a coach in this elimination round. That’s my opinion.

Mou: and I’ll ask you, how many do you think I need to have won so that my life or my career wouldn’t be at stake in a game in a elimination round?

Mou: thank you. So there’s nothing at play. This game is like any other one. What is at play in each game is my own personal satisfaction, my personal happiness, whether I’ll be happy or sad on Thursday. That’s what is at stake on Wednesday. Against Bilbao, what’s at stake for me is whether I’m happy or sad on Monday, whether I’m content with myself and my team, or whether I’m frustrated or sad. Absolutely nothing else is at play.

LOL Mou.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:51 pm

I like Mourinho's attitude in press conferances alot more this season. After the supercopa he really dropped the douche attitude imo
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:53 pm

Zealous wrote:Out of context much? lol

I see nothing wrong with the question :?:

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:54 pm

Of course you don't. If someone slapped Jose you wouldn't see anything wrong with it lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:56 pm

Harhar at his finest...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:27 am

Zealous wrote:Of course you don't. If someone slapped Jose you wouldn't see anything wrong with it lol

I wouldn't either, tbh.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down