The tactical approach to the Napoli game.

+7
Forza
Cruijf
Arquitecto
Ganso
I Have Mono
Rossoneri Ninja
milanfan7
11 posters

Go down

The tactical approach to the Napoli game. Empty The tactical approach to the Napoli game.

Post by milanfan7 Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:46 am

I read somewhere that this will be the starting lineup:

abiatti-abate-TS-mexes-mesbah-nocce-van bommel-emma/ambro-seedorf-shaarawy-ibrahimovic.

TBH starting seedorf,MVB,and ambro would be committing suicide. Napoli have a very fast counter attack. Add to that that it is necessary to close down inler,because once he starts distributing the ball Napoli will have the strength to attack from anywhere on the field.
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

The tactical approach to the Napoli game. Empty Re: The tactical approach to the Napoli game.

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:01 am

I'm totally against playing both ambrosini and mvb in the same line up. Ambrosini can't play b2b on either side, we all saw how exposed he was in the lazio game , i lost count of the amount of times opposition players dribbled past him without too much difficulty. Beside that, he always drifts toward the centre and takes up Mvb's space and ignores the his flank completely, one of the major reason's why we lost to Lazio.

I don't know if playing 4-3-1-2 will be tactically advantageous, our 2 strikers vs 3 Cbs' our TQ v 2 holding dm's. We will be able to control possession somewhat but this could be a similar situation like against Lazio. 4-3-1-2 is too predictable and Walter has already figured out how to play against it.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The tactical approach to the Napoli game. Empty Re: The tactical approach to the Napoli game.

Post by I Have Mono Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:18 am

Is your coach a dumbass ?
Does he want to lose ?

Yes, let's play the same garbage ass midfield that lost the lazio game against a much better Napoli team.

With the players available a flat 4 midfield with van bommel and seedorf as cm's el sharaawy and nocerino on the flanks seems like the smartest formation.

However either way I don't see Milan winning with the players that are available.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:46 am

I Have Mono wrote:Is your coach a dumbass ?
Does he want to lose ?

Yes, let's play the same garbage ass midfield that lost the lazio game against a much better Napoli team.

With the players available a flat 4 midfield with van bommel and seedorf as cm's el sharaawy and nocerino on the flanks seems like the smartest formation.

However either way I don't see Milan winning with the players that are available.

Yes lets play with a 4-4-2 even though we've been playing with a 4-3-1-2 for 2 seasons. Yes Allegri is the dumbass.
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:53 am

"With the players available a flat 4 midfield with van bommel and seedorf as cm's el sharaawy and nocerino on the flanks seems like the smartest formation. "

:vagi:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:58 am

A 4-4-2 is one of the most basic soccer formations ever thus making it extremely easy to adjust. Most coaches train there squads in 2 formations at the minimum. The fact that your coach is going to play the same 4-3-1-2 with the same 3 midfielders that got destroyed by lazio against Napoli tells me that your coach is a complete dumbass.
The only way Milan manages to win with that midfield is if Ibra puts the team and his back and scores a hat trick.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:04 am

I Have Mono wrote:A 4-4-2 is one of the most basic soccer formations ever thus making it extremely easy to adjust. Most coaches train there squads in 2 formations at the minimum. The fact that your coach is going to play the same 4-3-1-2 with the same 3 midfielders that got destroyed by lazio against Napoli tells me that your coach is a complete dumbass.
The only way Milan manages to win with that midfield is if Ibra puts the team and his back and scores a hat trick.

Oh my goodness :facepalm:

I'm usually quite receptive to even the most simple minds, but I would suggest you stop embarrassing yourself even further.

Seriously this stuff is just comedic gold.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:20 am

I don't know know Milan's whole squad but I meant to say Emanuelson.
Abate nesta silva mesbah
Sharaawy MvB seedorf emanuelson
Robinho Ibra

Seedorf can easily move between playing as AM(TQ) when attacking and sit in next to MvB on defense. Sharaawy and emanuelson give speed and creativity and the flanks. Very similar to your 4-3-1-2 you're all in love with.

If you all honestly think that ambrosini MvB nocerino will stand a chance this whole section must be I denial. Your squad is decimated by injuries at the moment and your current midfield is not good. I'm not saying that the 4-3-1-2 is ineffective, but without boateng or merkel or even aquilani Milan simply don't have good enough players to play it and win against good teams.

You can bash me all you want now, shit you can bash me if you manage to win. If you lose however I will say I told you.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:00 am

I Have Mono wrote:.

If you all honestly think that ambrosini MvB nocerino will stand a chance this whole section must be I denial.

Just disagreed with you in another thread, but spot on mate. Absolutely spot on.

Ambrosini+Van Bommel= Failure.

I desperately hope Allegri doesn't start them.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:56 am

ACMRox wrote:

If you all honestly think that ambrosini MvB nocerino will stand a chance this whole section must be I denial.

Just disagreed with you in another thread, but spot on mate. Absolutely spot on.

I agree with this, but the formation change idea is not great at all.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:05 am

I hear it's going to be

-------------------------------Abbiati
Abate------------Mexes----------------Silva---------------Mesbah

------------------------------Van Bommel
----------------Emmanuelson------------Nocerino

------------------------------Seedorf
-----------------Robinho-----------------Zlatan
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:04 am

Milantildeath wrote:I hear it's going to be

-------------------------------Abbiati
Abate------------Mexes----------------Silva---------------Mesbah

------------------------------Van Bommel
----------------Emmanuelson------------Nocerino

------------------------------Seedorf
-----------------Robinho-----------------Zlatan

Meh, it doesn't exactly scream world class football, but considering our injuries, I'd say Allegri's made a pretty good choice.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:06 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
ACMRox wrote:

I agree with this, but the formation change idea is not great at all.

Yea the formation is complete and utter crap (No offence Mono) but the line I quoted is what I agree with 100%.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:37 am

Its alright, i only suggested a change in formation due to injuries as i felt Milan couldnt win using those particular players in a 4-3-1-2. I mean Ambrosini isnt even quality bench material yet hes starting, he sould be playing in sweden or denmark cause; and as good as MvB use to be in order to be succesful now he needs higher quality players around him than what is currently available.

With nesta now ruled out as well I highly doubt you guys are winning this game. I hope you get some players back before the CL.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:45 am

Nesta injured himself in training, will miss this match FML. Hope he's fit for the Arsenal match. I have faith in Mexes and Silva to halt Cavani and co. We really need to start winning matches against formidable opponents.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:51 am

whatever the tactical lineup is, i hope we dont play with 3 DMs,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:54 am

I Have Mono wrote:Its alright, i only suggested a change in formation due to injuries as i felt Milan couldnt win using those particular players in a 4-3-1-2. I mean Ambrosini isnt even quality bench material yet hes starting, he sould be playing in sweden or denmark cause; and as good as MvB use to be in order to be succesful now he needs higher quality players around him than what is currently available.

With nesta now ruled out as well I highly doubt you guys are winning this game. I hope you get some players back before the CL.

Ambrosini was playing because he was playing pretty good in games he featured but, tactical setup with 3 DM obviously didnt make impact in lazio game. well allegri said last time he has no choice, or barely has to come up with something as boateng aquilani merkel well most of our midfielders are out.

ya man it sucks we have injuries, especially important players, nesta out again.... thank god we have decent backup in mexes who is doing pretty well. we gotta protect our players, because important games are coming up....

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:48 am

I personally wish to see Seedorf play in central midfield rather than behind the strikers if he participates in this match, however such a move requires that Robinho and El Shaarawy both start, a scenario which leaves very little on the bench if we wish to change the game. The more cautious midfield also has drawbacks though, I prefer Emanuelson to play on the left if he is to be used in midfield, something which unfortunately moves Nocerino ahead of Abate, so if he does start then MTD's formation will most likely be the best option.

The work rate of Napoli's forwards and the ability of their wingbacks can usually make the midfield very difficult to win, however they've a thin squad which hasn't dealt with a hectic schedule as well as our team has done, whilst the location may relieve some of the pressure they might otherwise apply to our midfield. I expect Napoli to sit off us in the first half and see whether they can snatch the lead on the break before half time.

Our squad could only ever realistically support the 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-2-1. The 4-3-3 is honestly beyond us as a starting formation with the injuries we have, and even with a full squad I'd say we're a midfielder short of it being sustainable beyond a thirty minute push at the end of a game.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:09 am

What worries me is that Napoli are at full-strength and we have very few creative options on the bench if we go behind early. Our defence will have to be impeccable if we are to win.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:07 pm

screw juniga!!! that idiot fell for no physical contact, to win free kick for counterattack for napoli which made nocerino furious, and having exchange words with zuniga and aronica, zlatan looses it all ... man... ibra is a f... kin loose cannon, game of this magnitude and he looses his temper. but i blame that pathetic juniga who fell on his ass entire game for no challenge at all to get our players yellow and red.

as for ibra... absolutely no complaints, i cant defend his action... thats straight red no question asked, referee did the right thing to send him off. but what the hell this referee then gave free kicks in favour of napoli for counterattack chances we had in very end when maxi came in. he won legitly could have even scored!! man that got me boiling with anger. and meanwhile juniga manages to get on his asss everytime he gets marked by our players to win favour from referee.

as far as im concerned, we are very lucky to even get a draw.... but my full appreciation goes to mexes and thiago silva, especially mexes what a game what a comeback he has been having. winning every challenge, aerial threats, intercepting counterattacks, even organizing defense when thiago went forward occassionally and when we suffered counterattack. i would give mexes 9!! he got my fulll appreciation and admiration. really mexes really deserves pat in the back.

robinho... ??? i m pretty sure new threads will be created about him and the post would be exploding against him and rightly so. one word to discribe his performance, disaster! im done with him ...

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:43 pm

no SES Sad but lets play the useless lopez Razz!!! YAYYYYY
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:40 pm

Reading comments when Milan drops points is a real adventure. You have the usual irrational nonsense, the self-flogging fans, and the occasional insightful response and true to form yesterday was no different, but I think while there are some serious problems, the team and Coach deserve a bit more credit in preserving the point. The immediate reaction to this match is one of disappointment. Disappointment that Milan didn’t win, or take advantage of dropped point from Juventus and Udinese, but considering the circumstances I will gladly take one point over none, which could have easily been the result yesterday.

First and foremost there is simply no excuse for Zlatan’s behavior. Busy month of February or not, no player should lose their cool in a pressure cooker of a match, during a passage of play where Milan were clearly the better side. These matches are always heated and the rivalry is intense, not to mention there are a handful of Napoli players who deserve slapping, but a goal and a win would have been hurt more than ten cheap shots on a big mouthed defender. I won’t even mention the ridiculousness of the slap and how it was hidden across Nocerino, if Nocerino had been wrongly carded it would have been a far worse problem, but not carding Aronica or DeSanctis was also a failure in my opinion. Now, like last season, Milan will go about a long stretch without Ibra. Last season many were worried, but the team showed it could win without the influential big man, time to show that again.

Another point is to hit out on the criticism received by Allegri. To be honest Milan were the better side this match, and a goal was on the horizon before the red card, it was only a matter of time. Sure Robinho missed a brilliant chance, but we can discuss that later, the point being is Milan were in control. In fact they coped very well with Napoli’s width, and despite Napoli defending with a brick of 5 players at the top of the 18 yard box Milan continued to pressure getting the ball into good areas and creating chances. Seedorf was not the savior many expected as they called for him against Lazio, he simply wasn’t effective at finding the passes and breaking down the defense. He could have easily helped in exploiting the space in behind the wingbacks, but then again the whole team could have. It appeared the player’s once again failed to recognize and exploit the weakness of the opponent. In the end it didn’t matter much because we lost out on the momentum of the match and Allegri played it safe leaving Maxi Lopez alone up top and defending the point. Any pragmatic Coach would have done the same thing in a title race, preserve the point you have over chasing the ones you don’t, plus, with Inler coming in, we needed someone to anchor the midfield in Ambrosini.
For me the issue is still one of depth and personnel. Sure injuries are a factor, and fatigue looks to be setting in early in this busy month. But without the proper players in the midfield this team will struggle because there is a lack of tactical balance both offensively and defensively depending on who is deployed. Is it an excuse, not really, I don’t like excuses, but as fans cry for a Plan B you have to ask how or where that plan is going to from? Changing formations wily-nily or debuting further youth team players is not the answer here. From a simple stand point the players called on need to play better. In the absence of Aquilani, Prince, and Merkel, players like Urby and Ambrosini need to step and perform and the fact of the matter is they have not. Couple this with a poor run of a form from Robinho and lack of a real second striker option outside of El Shaarawi and the lack of options continue.

Feel free to be disappointed, but not at Allegri or the result, instead direct it at some of our players who simply aren’t rising to the challenge. This was never going to be an easy month, one point out of the first two matches is a poor start, but the month continues. If you didn’t abandon ship following the loss to Lazio, and your still hanging on now, congrats, you have earned my respect. Now let’s get behind this team, Zlatan has three games, the rest of the guys need to step up and frankly so do the fans. We have a Wednesday visit from an Old Lady to start preparing for.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:21 am

Arq looking to be the voice of reason. Let's see what dostoevsky has to say about that Smile

But seriously, I always enjoy reading your thoughts as you have a wonderful understanding of this game we call football. I'm not one to praise a poster just because I like them on a personal level and it's clear to me Arq watches these games and manages to take note of everything going on.

I wholeheartedly agree with you about Ibrahimovic, if he wants to be the leader of this team he needs to show better discipline and lead by example. We can't have our leader lose his cool in the heat of the moment or not. And let's not worry about what the others teams around us are doing, at the end of the day we can only control our own destiny and we can't be more upset about a draw because other teams dropped points (I fail to see the logic behind that)

Unfortunately I haven't been able to keep up with all the Milan games this seasons and even if I did I still don't have the football intelligence that some of the others posters around here posses. I do my best to analyze the games and all ask is that those of you who have a better understanding of the game learn to not post out of pure anger and disappointment. Feel free to a day before you come to the section and post, it might do you some good to clear your head and take the time to organize your thoughts.

There's really not much else to add but I wish certain posters would take the time to read these types of posts. At times the Milan section seems to be bipolar and I don't understand the Allegri criticism. Some posters find it so easy to coach from a computer screen and seem to not realize that our lack of depth is not Allergi's fault. It's times like this where true character is shown and we must support our beloved Milan and not be so quick to point the finger and play the blame game.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this doesn't mean we can't critique our team and have clear headed discussions. I promise to do my best and will try to contribute more to the football discussions in the section. I know I tend to participate in the conversations about life as that is where I feel most comfortable giving my opinions and thoughts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down